Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

Probably mentioned before, but 2 things:

1) If a player picks up a knock during a match, what the injury is. At present I just sub anyone who picks up a knock, even if I get told they could probably shake it off.

2) If a player starts to get unhappy, more information about why they get unhappy. Sometimes it tells you (not playing enough, didn't like manager comments etc), but sometimes there is no reason given.

1) I haven't tried it on fm13 but on older fm's when a player gets a knock if you go to the tactics screen or player stats and click on the player(so it kinda goes out of the match) then go to his attributes in the bottom left it would say potential knee/thigh/ankle injury etc.

4) Real world things effecting players e.g. john terry affair with wayne bridges wife or Danny simpson getting knocked out on a night out and was all over the news and i think it should effect a players performance on the pitch and maybe effect transfers.

I like this idea, I don't know how'd you'd be able to do it fairly and without being too random, but great idea in principle.

proberly allready mentioned. havent read all post. yes bad me ;)

1: make it possible to train a player in a language. pretty annoying that a player cant communicate whit the rest of the team even tho he have been in the country 1 year. happens all the time whit my le havre save. but guess french is hard to learn ;)

2: feder clubs need to be done something whit. cant seem to get any teams no mather what I pick.(reputation whit other countries, scouting club etc)

3: scouts need to be updated. I dont want them to find lower league players when I am playing 3rd year in a row in french league 1. the scouts seems to keep beeing on the lvel you started whit

1.) Keeper red cards. Come on- they're important and should be a really easy fix. Tired of players running on to the ball with a huge time advantage and BOOM keeper slides out and magnetically captures the ball with his hands.

2.) Job application process. First off, you should be able to declare interest without alerting the whole world that you're a traitor and deserve to be fired. So agents. Also job interviews. Perhaps with a timer to add real life pressure.

3.) Better player interactions. When you're coaching a high reputation team and you have **** reputation, the players get on fine with you in regular life but won't play for ****. It should be that they play all right but impossible to get along with in conversation.

4.) For the LOVE OF GOD, fix those press conferences. Sooooo boring and yet I feel obligated to attend them all.

5.) More tactical specifications. Sometimes problems occur in the tactical play and I have no idea how to fix them because the tactical controls aren't really comprehensible or there to begin with. Took my forever to figure out how to get a winger to track back properly.

WHAT EVERYONE HAS COMPLETELY NOT SED ABOUT AND I WOULD LIKE ANSWERS TO THIS WE WANT MORE COUNTRIES TO MANAGE LIKE QUTAR OR JAPAN OR GHANA ARABIA THINGS LIKE THAT UAE BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE BIG STARS ARE GOING THERE AND YOU SHUD BE ABLE TO MANAGE THEM. AND THE TRANSFER POLICY SHOULD CHANGE IN CHINA YOU CAN BUY NO BIG STARS NOT EVEN IF YOU HAVE LIKE 200M AND THTS SILLY BECAUSE SHENHUA SIGNED DROGBA AND ANELKA AND BARRIOS WENT TO ANOTHER CHINESE CLUB BUT YOU CANT BUY ANY OTHER BIG STARS AND ITS STUPID ID LIKE TO SEE THIS CHANGED ON 2014 GAME

1. Be able to have a say in a new stadium's name/capacity. My board just spent a couple hundred million on a new stadium to only increase capacity by 15,000 seats.
2. Be able to buy 2 players from the same club for a combined fee.
3. Negotiate with other clubs privately when applying for a job
4. Create custom set pieces like on fifa
5. More free moving player positions instead of the current designated ones where it's either CM or CDM for example.
6. Better squad morale building activities.
7. Have an agent to negotiate best contracts with club, which leads to my next point:
8. Be able to spend your earnings - Be it language lessons, coaching badges, travel fees, better agent etc.
9. More rumours and varied transfer stories, and better press conferences
10. Better player relationships - Helping a player with personal affairs, be able to contact transfer targets to see if they would like to move
11. Job Interviews - Propose league aims, transfer targets/budget, philosophy and clauses. Clauses being automatic contract extensions if you win certain trophy, or be able to be released from contract if huge club come in for you.
12. Maybe the option to set up a coaching team so when you move clubs your coaches will also join automatically.
13. When renewing contracts, be able to contact the director of football football for example and tell them who's contract to renew, saving you from having to go through each one individually.
14. Separate Hall of Fame for each save
15. Better interaction with other managers - Help with signings between two clubs, share opposition team reports?

16. And Finally, the most important point!..... The ability for the game to send feedback to you on what you are doing wrong, what you did right, what needs improving and more advice. This could be:

Assistant Manager: More detailed team reports, if your losing a game he could point out why, instead of the current "if we dont get shots on target we are not going to win" garbage. At times I am losing games and don't know what I did wrong.
After the game he could suggest what needs working on, who performed well instead of relying on a match rating and suggest who should start/be dropped for the following game.

DOF/Scout: These could advise you on who to sell and why, who to buy and why, who not to buy and why. Would be better than the plain scout reports we get currently. Want to know what they would add to the team, would they be value for money, and better alternatives.

Personal Agent: Could update you on job vacancies, other clubs interest in you, advise you on where to go and get you a job interview and if successful get you a good contract.

Players: These could give you more information on what they think of their training schedule. If they don't like it they should tell you why. They could advise you on what position and role to play them for the following game. And advise you on who to buy.

Finally, Fans: Feedback on how they feel about your tactics, who they want to buy/sell/dont want to buy.

The last point would easily satisfy me if this was the only implementation that was made to FM 2014

Good list with some good suggestions, but a few of them already exist:

4) There is a set piece creator?
5) You can, you simply edit the player instructions. I often combine different role instructions and put them in a position where the role(s) can't be selected (E.g. a DLF in CAM/CM position, or a BBM in DM position)
10) You can, you either get a scout report that tells you, or you declare an interest in him and he will tell you
16) Regarding the bit about the assistant, that is your job as a manager, not your assistants. Otherwise you are both the manager! :p

DOF/Scout: At the end of the season your chief scout suggests where to improve and makes a list of players for those positions.

Players: If they are unhappy with their training, they say why (sometimes to you, sometimes to your coach who tells you). And you can talk to them and ask who they think you should buy already.

Good list with some good suggestions, but a few of them already exist:

4) There is a set piece creator?
5) You can, you simply edit the player instructions. I often combine different role instructions and put them in a position where the role(s) can't be selected (E.g. a DLF in CAM/CM position, or a BBM in DM position)
10) You can, you either get a scout report that tells you, or you declare an interest in him and he will tell you
16) Regarding the bit about the assistant, that is your job as a manager, not your assistants. Otherwise you are both the manager! :p

DOF/Scout: At the end of the season your chief scout suggests where to improve and makes a list of players for those positions.

Players: If they are unhappy with their training, they say why (sometimes to you, sometimes to your coach who tells you). And you can talk to them and ask who they think you should buy already.

Sorry mate, some of these I haven't made clear enough:

4: Regarding player runs, ATM there is only 'attack front post' etc. but in Fifa you can choose when and exactly what run the players make.
5: When creating a formation I would like to drag the positions into the exact space I want but at the moment that is fairly limited to set designated positions. (Not bumming Fifa 13 but it allows you to shape the formation exactly how you want it) Not massively important just thought i'd put it out there.
10: So if they're not interested in joining your club you could contact them and say what they could add, what the club could achieve, what players your aiming to bring in etc. ATM the player's agent just rejects any offer from you so you could talk to them and try and persuade them. Should've made this clearer.
16: This was just a suggestion of how the game could give feedback to the player. Especially for beginners and people who just play it casually, it would be good for the game to suggest where you are going wrong in a game as at the moment it is sometimes unclear why you conceded a goal or lost a game unless you study it a lot. Didn't have to be the assistant manager, just an example of my point. Regarding the DOF/Scout I have never come across them doing this at the end of the season. SS please?
Regarding the players, although you can ask their advice on who to buy, they only normally pick their favoured personnel who are either completely unrealistic or absolute *****. And about their training they don't go into enough detail on what they would like to focus on, they just say they're not happy with the workload. They could maybe suggest that they want to work on their shooting instead of their positioning in the coming month etc. Although training was improved this year I still think it could go into more detail as this is a vital part in management. Maybe choosing specific drills and more detailed training reports?

Add some kind of attributes (hidden) that would go a way to influencing a players negotiations. Like if you have a 32 C. Ronaldo, and are a chinese team, it'd be cool to make an audacious bid to make him the best paid player in the world. A player shouldn't negotiate with clubs just based on reputation alone.

There should be some real life challenges where you could actually be a real life manager. Quick and straight to the point.

In my opinion, there's a desperate need for the match engine in this iteration to be fixed. It's frustrating to no end when you concede so, so many goals directly due to mistakes that can only be described as "howlers." The occaisional one is acceptable, however, they are ridiculously frequent in this version, and are fairly game ruining (I'm talking about the best defenders in the world completely missing easy headers, or passing back too shortly for a striker to conveniently latch on to. Or strikers dribbling right past defenders after a pathetically mis timed tackle. It's all too frequent, and frustrating because you can't do anything about it.)

I'd like to echo the timed job interview someone mentioned earlier, that seems like an excellent idea. As does the more direct contact from fans, regarding their opinions.

Lastly, please make the press conferences more exciting somehow, it's so monotonous.

1. Press conference, add more 'things'.. seriously, press will get bored to get the same answers..

2. Supporter spokeperson, yeah, they 'chanting your name', maybe adding effects in stadium, just like "Super Frankie Lampard" or "Rafa Out" thingy..

3. I keep waiting for this, Indonesia nationality system, in Wikipedia it said '5 consecutive years' to get Indonesia nationality (Christian Gonzales, Greg Nwokolo, etc. were non-Indonesian once). :$

Clubs ridiculous valuations on players

I would love to see a more realistic transfer market, the valuation on certain players is ridiculous and so unrealistic! I think there should be more interaction/negotiation between clubs, i.e. what is going on with real and spurs now, a lot of the time, you will put a bid in and it just gets bluntly rejected, then make another bid, another, another until finally you come to an agreement. You see a lot in modern day football thats clubs will approach another club with an offer that they know is below par, then several negotiation later they come to an agreement. Would also be great (again reference bale or soldado) if clubs stated to the press the money they are after, i.e. spurs quoting 125 million euros for Bale but the press quoting 85 million plus modric! things like this would really liven up the transfer market IMO.

Also as other people have quoted, buying players for the future, you should be able to leave them on loan at the respective clubs until the end of the season and also seeing more acticity from other teams in the transfer market (buying youngsters and regens) and offering new contracts to players who have attracted interest from bigger clubs.

The key one to me, is the lack of bargains, people are picking up good quality players in real life due to the time left on their contract or amount of playing time (remember van der vaart! or sissoko). There is no way i should be paying the valuation for a player who doesn't feature in the teams first team plans or only has 8 months left on his contract, would really love to see more negotiation on this front, and possibly and option o giving the opposing club a reason to not matching their valuation and making it public or quoting what you believe to be a realistic valuation to them again going back to the negotiations between clubs.

Oh and also, players loyalty to managers (or vice versa), i.e. steve bruce has plenty of players at hull who he has worked with in the past and knows, he has just got figueroa, el mohamady both whome worked with him at wigan or sunderland, would be great if it was easier to persuade players to come to you if you have successfully worked with them in the past

Firstly for the love of god i hope they stay away from anything that makes the game even in the slightest more like fifa, terrible game and FM is vastly superior anyway. Secondly the ability to interact with players while offering a contract and outlining your plans for the club and how they will fit in, a feature that will not take up more than a few lines of code and would add more depth to negotiations. My last idea and by far my biggest gripe with the game at the moment is players who have the club listed as a favourite because they are a supporter reacting negatively you deliver the 'for the fans' team talk. For example my captain at sociedad came through the academy, has been at the club for 13 years, first team for 10 of those and supposedly supports the club yet was the only player to react badly to a rallying cry to win the champions league for the fans.. this would never happen in real life.

I'd like to see a couple of things... One of which I fished out far more than the others.

In regards to players with negative potential, I would add an i variant to it as well, which would mean that the player would be either side of the i potential rating with the in game database. This would be for players like, for example, Bruma, where we have not seen enough of him in real life to form an opinion of what range his potential ability would be. So, he would be a -9i potential. The i variant would mean that the game would treat it as being a random -8, -9 or -10 potential upon loading the game, before again randomizing his potential ability as the game already does. So, each time the game loaded, he'd have a 1/3 chance of having -10 potential, 1/3 chance of being -9 potential and 1/3 chance of being -8 potential. I feel that it would make the game more realistic, as youngsters are often incorrectly rated in real life, so that people think that they will end up better than they actually are. This would allow for players to have more flexibility, as opposed to what we have now, which is the same players being targeted at the start of the game so that the team becomes the best team in the world in a few years.

The other thing would be a minor section of the game dedicated to the family life of the player, so that if you get a son on one of the youth intakes, it's not a huge shock. I don't know how this could be incorporated though.

I would like better media in the game, like better pres conference and player/manager rumours. And like some other said testimonial match. And it would be awesome with a new camera from the manager eyes or you can see you're manager....

I wish you could give instructions to 2 players like "When player A goes forward, player B hangs back". I hate it when I have 2 box to box midfielders for example and they both go forward at the same time, then we get hit on the counter.

Also it would be good if you make your team do what Barca do where the centre backs split and the defensive midfielder drops in to make a back 3, Busquets is brilliant at it.

I'd like to be able to have an on the ball and off the ball formation, for example, say I set up in a 4-4-1-1, I'd like to be able to make the player in the hole drop back into midfield when we don't have the ball.

Be able to talk to coaches and ask them to get qualifications and if they are taking and failing the qualifications tell them to pull their fingers out and complete it.

Testimonials matches, more interaction options to talk to managers who have your kids on loan, more options for your B team manager (mine keeps changing players statuses to unneeded and transfer listing them even though he cant sell), I would like to save set plays as a seperate file from tactics,