Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

During the game when players go from Angry, Composed, Anxious and Nervous etc.. I wouldn't mind an option after either the game or maybe a few games to ask or find out why they are nervous or uninterested I don't want nothing too drastic like a report after every game but maybe an option to find that out and maybe try and correct it or chat to the player to put him at ease or tell him to get a grip ha.

I would like to know why my most experienced players are getting nervous playing average teams or why their "mood"?? changes so many time during one game unless my team are all Bi-Polar but just something simple a little option like that is all I would like.

When you sell off players on high wages like Barton/Wright Phillips to smaller clubs, you are asked to subsidize a portion of their wages until the end of the contract they had signed with you before accepting the offer..

I want the club I am buying a player from to do the same thing (as a smaller club from Man City) as this never, ever happens and happens 99.9% of the time when selling players from your club..

I am paying 33k a week for Barton for 1 year and 21k for Wright Phillips for 1 year and still paying off Bothroyd/Andy Johnson/Cisse's wages for this year as well..

its close on 100k

+1. This is a big annoyance and certainly need implementing in the next fm. There is nothing more annoying than when you fall just short of a players wage demands and the proposed transfer falls through.

Just a couple of things spring to mind at the moment:

1. Training reports. Your assistant manager/coaches providing you with weekly training reports on how your players have done in training. On this info you can then determine who should make the squad for your upcoming match. For example, if a player appears to be lacking motivation, you could decide to drop them to the bench or from the match squad altogether. Alternatively you could ignore the report and risk the player in the hope he performs well.

2. More manager detail. In my opinion, yourself as a manager lacks depth and could do with a few improvements. For example, when starting a new game, you can input preferred formations, playing styles, a personality trait (like you could on champ man - arrogant, confident, rash, etc.), disliked clubs, favoured clubs, etc.

Having favoured and disliked clubs will encourage/detour clubs from approaching you and I would like to see a way this can be done with allowing you to pick favoured/disliked personnel. After all, we all have clubs/personnel that we favour/dislike so why not incorporate it into our manager profile? :)

A mobile app which would allow you to take a snapshot of your existing save so you could mange some of your day-to-day tasks on the go. You could upload / download the info you wanted from pc to mobile device.

- Team selection - so you can see your existing players / stats. Maybe same info on your next 3 opponents.
- scouting - perhaps you could upload part of the player database . For example if you were looking for a new striker upload all the ST which meet your criteria .

I guess there would be some limitations here but I would use it when I did not have access to my PC.

I am sure SI could make a few more ££ out of it.

I would definitely use something like this, on the bus to work for example or even at work when I'm sick of my life.,I already write endless amounts of notes down so this would be really useful!

Only 3 things I'd like to see is:

1) Better scouting interface (Last year's was alright, this year's I don't get so just leave everything to my Chief Scout)

2) Better Opposition Scout Reports. They just aren't very good at the moment, and I'd like to see information on how the scout thinks the team's tactics look like (I am especially thinking of defensively here, I want to know how high their defensive line is, how much they press, what kind of marking they generally use, etc.). Maybe even have the scout's opinion on the team's strengths and weaknesses? (Much like http://www.whoscored.com do) (Screenshot of what I mean below)

3) Better media interaction. Still very basic and boring, every press conference is much the same and there aren't enough ways to interact with other manager's, teams, players, etc. through the media!

There isn't going to be another patch for FM13 by the way...

View attachment 328776

Firstly, thanks for changing the refs kits, I always hated the brightly coloured fancy dress costumes they wore before. You could, however, have more shirt colours. As long as the shorts and socks stay black then the realism is more than retained. Red, yellow and blue shirts are quite common nowadays, also grey would be good and would rarely clash with a team.

Also, how about putting a couple of managers in the technical area. In Summer they could be in shirt sleeves and in Winter they could wear Fergie or Wenger coats.

I would also like to see ground specific goal nets. For example, Liverpool has red goal nets whereas Everton have blue, Manchester United's are white whereas City's are black.

Would it be possible to give the referees the same boots as the goalkeepers rather than the players? If so I could keep them black when I change the player boots colour.

Can the bug affecting Mark Halsey be fixed? He appears in the game but with a different made up name every time. Search for him by his own name and he isn't there, although he is in the editor.

How about putting a players tunnel on the pitch? At the moment they just disappear at the end of a game.

Thats it for now until I can think of something else.

Thanks

1. Create your own club. I always wanted to do this.
2. More tactical options for players. For example: If LB/RB goes up, DMC stays back, and others.

2. More tactical options for players. For example: If LB/RB goes up, DMC stays back, and others.

2) this can be done easily with philosophy/strategy and player roles/instructions

was thinking last night, I would like to be able to increase/decrease ticket prices for big games/derby games, if you get a hiding away from home you can offer to pay all the supporters back as well which would be quite a unique financial implication, if you don't do this some supporters could riot (especially if you are not in the area of the table you should sort of be)

increasing ticket prices could **** supporters off as well (point above) and decreasing them for smaller cup games could get new supporters in who could then go on to buy season tickets etc etc..

just spitballing here, writing down what comes into the old nut!

You can also make your own club, I put Wilsden (My sunday league club) into the Isthmian Premier League on FM12 and took them to the prem! Although it could be made easier by having a section of the game specifically for it, it can still be done :)

was thinking last night, I would like to be able to increase/decrease ticket prices for big games/derby games, if you get a hiding away from home you can offer to pay all the supporters back as well which would be quite a unique financial implication, if you don't do this some supporters could riot (especially if you are not in the area of the table you should sort of be)

increasing ticket prices could **** supporters off as well (point above) and decreasing them for smaller cup games could get new supporters in who could then go on to buy season tickets etc etc..

just spitballing here, writing down what comes into the old nut!

I like this idea too, although you can organise "Fan days" if you are hardly ever filling out you stadiums anyway at the moment, but at clubs where you are filling 80%ish it could be useful!

I'd also want them to put the assistant's team talk analysis back where it used to be in the pre-match screens, rather than having to go through his profile and reports every time!

I would like the option of trying to buy a top player, the club are asking for big money but you are not prepared to pay the sort of cash they are asking for. An option in the media should be used for you to come out and say they are asking for way to much money and we are not willing to pay that for the player. If the player wants the move then he could some how facilitate it within the club and get a better transfer deal. Quite like what Barca did the Arsenal for Fab.

Also, when an old player who is a legend/Icon/Skipper at the club demands stupid money for a contract extension there should be an option so chat with them to make the demands more realistic in terms of salary. Not aged 32 I want £250,000 a week.

I'd like to be able to tell the board that my transfer budget is far too big and I think that some of it should be used to boost the club in other ways. In one of my games i have a transfer budget of over 500M and i never use more than about 60-70M a year as i buy young regens. I've been asking for a new stadium for 6-7 years and they say that they agree they need it but cannot afford it.

I could easily spare 300-400M to help the project

Instead of getting the 5 standard responses, I'd like just a box to type in your response detecting whether it is positive or negative as how the current 'Additiional Comments' box can detect foul language

New Feature

What about the Financial Fair Play Rules & Premier League's New Financial Fair Play Regulations?

I think they should be in the game...It would help us reduce the costs of the club (mainly player wages)...

It would be great to have Agents taken off...but it seems a little impossible as it won´t happen in real life either...

Which is your opinion on this?

Managing the U18/Reserve team would be great. It creates a path to a bigger job, it happens in real life football, would be great to have in the game – you can also get achievements for things like 'a player from your youth team made a senior appearance', stuff like that.

Being able to hire translators for new players...
Revamp the whole press conference, the comments are getting old.

I just had an idea about a new challenge. Pick your team ( or export your career team) and play a match against all the big names in the history of football. I don't mean a tournament, but play a game against all. If you beat all teams, challenge completed.
I was thinking of teams like Brazil with Pele, the Hungarian Aranycsapat, France 1998, and so on. I mean, it would actually be an achievement to beat all these teams.

There's two particular player interaction options I'd like:

1. Try to persuade the player that his agent is actually damaging his career prospects and that he'd be better off with a new agent or representing himself. Obviously should have a higher chance of success if you are on his favoured people or club. If successful, player sacks his agent and either gets a new one after a few weeks or reps himself, but the agent hates you, if you fail the agent dislikes you and the player becomes unsettled to a degree based on how much he likes you/your club and his loyalty and professionalism attributes. So that way it may be a useful way of not having to deal with agents who want to hold the club to ransom, but because it can backfire should be used with caution, rather than spamming it.

2. Suggest to a young player with dual nationality that he should declare for one particular nation/wait for a chance with the stronger nation/ just go for it with the weaker nation/ whatever. So for instance you could suggest to Emre Can that he should wait for a chance with Germany rather than commit to Turkey, and if he agrees he'll then like you more once he gets called up for Germany, but if after a few years they haven't called him up he'll get ****** off with you.

Other features I'd like to see would be, in no particular order:

• Varying roles for physios (IE club doctor, masseur, nutritionist, etc).
  • Non-footballing backroom staff positions, such as a 'Commercial Manager' or something, who would affect things like advert hoardings income, shirts and club shop sales, food and drink sales and so on.
  • More in-depth financial detail, so I can see how many shirts are being sold with my new star signings name on, which competitions my prize money has come from this month, and who I've paid bonuses to, and for what, all with a glance at the finances screen.
  • Assist and Man of the Match bonuses and club-specific release clauses (so I can get an Arsenal fan to agree to slightly lower terms by agreeing to accept a lower bid from Arsenal than I have to from Spurs or whatever).
  • A more realistic proportion of agents who actually want to further their clients' careers rather than just demanding ridiculous amounts of money and leaving their client stuck at Walsall because I won't be held to ransom.
  • More leagues: Japan, Morocco, Tunisia, German Regionalliga, etc
  • Let me arrange friendlies more than 2 months in advance.
  • A checkbox on the new game startup screen to decide whether friendlies are already arranged (as they currently are) or to start without and have them actually be arranged in-game (I know I could just cancel them and set up new ones, but there's no point as everyone else worth playing is already fully booked :( ).
  • You know that 'son generated' perk you can apparently buy in FMC? Well let us just have that in proper FM. After we've been at one club for say, 3 years, and are at least 35 or 40 years old or something, just let us click a button to generate a son/nephew/whatever (who we get to name) with randomly assigned position and attributes. Don't force it to happen as some people might not want it, but a reality of football is that a lot of managers' sons follow them into football, and usually join the club their dad works at.
  • Job interviews. I don't remember if it was an older version of FM or on CM after Eidos took it over, but I remember going through an interview on some football management game, where I had to explain to the board my vision of how the team should play, my transfer policy, etc. I thought it was a fantastic idea, and I still do. Rather than having clubs employ managers based on their reputation, why not employ them based on a combination of their rep, their success rate, their financial responsibility record and how well they fit the clubs vision (So maybe Bayern Munich want a manager with a huge track record for success, while Real Madrid will want someone who's not afraid to buy, and deal with, big name stars, meanwhile Arsenal might want someone who will turn a profit).
  • What's more, if I take over a big club as my first job, regardless of my reputation I shouldn't immediately be the best-paid manager in the division. Make my initial contract on a lower wage to show that I'm unproven.
  • On the subject of wages, make them mean something. Whether this is buying flash pads and fast cars, investing in something or even just having an all-time earnings leaderboard, give me some reason, however small, to not hate being offered £100k p/w. As it is, all I'm doing is draining the budget and making my own job a little harder, and that needs to change.
  • More detailed training. Let me set up practice matches, set piece drills and so on. If I'm managing England let me spend the whole day before the World Cup QF drilling my players on penalties so we're prepared when the inevitable happens...

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but these are the ones that spring to mind right now.