Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

What about the Financial Fair Play Rules & Premier League's New Financial Fair Play Regulations?

I think they should be in the game...It would help us reduce the costs of the club (mainly player wages)...

It would be great to have Agents taken off...but it seems a little impossible as it won´t happen in real life either...

Which is your opinion on this?

Agents are greedy,seem to want a **** of a lot of money when im trying to sign someone,when you reduce there fee they get upset.

I always thought that if you could combine Fifa manager with Football manager it would be a **** of a game.

No Kidding...It would be marvelous...

But I´ll be happier if we can take Agents off the game...**** THEY ARE GREEDY! I HATE THEM SO MUCH!

I want to sign Sandro to a new contract and the agent wants 4M...WTF!

Yeah, I cannot for the life of me believe that agents make anywhere near as much IRL as they do in game....

Don't know if this has already been mentioned , but it would be nice to see players you want to sign asking their clubs to pay some of their wages just like it happens to us

1.) Remove those greedy agents - it's just ridiculous how they work in the game! If I'm willing to pay the player more than he demands but I'm not willing to pay his stupid agent that much, that player would at least leave that agent.
2.) Realistic wage demands based on squad and previous wages - 17yrs old blasting from 2k to 40k+ in just 1 year? **** off! Other clubs offering those wages? Fine with me, I won't. Bad morale? Fine with me, you won't play. You won't play when I need you to? Fine with me. But those requests are just stupid. At least some option in private chat where you could tell the player that you won't play him anymore 'till the end of his contract due to ridiculous wage demands - unambitious/unprofessional players might accept that, but ambitous/professional players would never do that.
[edit]
Yes, you could "exploit" that but that could also be counterd with something like an additional moral state that really trashes that player.
[/edit]
3.) Way better contract handling overall. More like "that's my offer" - "those are my demands" and then really negotiat. Now it's just like every other manager: "my offer" - "my demands" and you meet somewhere in between (more towards players request). If a player would never accept an offer he should say that, not repeat his last demands (and then quit talks). I as manager could react to that (if I want) or not.
4.) Loan contracts plus option for additional year.

Last edited:
After some thought I came up with these (sorry if they have already been mentioned)

1 - If you sign someone on a pre-contract you can negotiate a reduced fee to bring him in immediately (like what happened with Sissoko to Newcastle in real life)

2 - Scouts to be employed for the national team

3 - In the filter options when searching a player you should be able to have the option to search for the "minimum fee release clause" rather than having to check every individual player - just to encourage my laziness lol

4 - An option where you can send a senior player to train with the youth team as punishment

5 - To add a bit extra there should be a supporters AGM where you get asked questions (same format as press conferences) regarding various things about the club

Visual stadiums, cans mod them to how you want it and shape them however you want etc!

I think that SI should give coaches/assistant managers (pretty much every coach etc) a media handling attribute as most of us leave it to them (I only comment on big games)

I would love it if they could make more rumors about your job and more storylines like the Mourinho story now. Your former club could beg to have you back and you could decide whether you really love your former club or not and you could also be constantly quizzed in press conferences regarding your future.
What also bugs me is when you declare interest in a job or apply for one, you are nearly always given an ultimatum by the club, I would like to be able to negotiate with a club in private without anyone else knowing and you could agree to join them at the end of the year without being forced to apologise or get sacked just because you have declared interest.

I would love it if they could make more rumors about your job and more storylines like the Mourinho story now. Your former club could beg to have you back and you could decide whether you really love your former club or not and you could also be constantly quizzed in press conferences regarding your future.
What also bugs me is when you declare interest in a job or apply for one, you are nearly always given an ultimatum by the club, I would like to be able to negotiate with a club in private without anyone else knowing and you could agree to join them at the end of the year without being forced to apologise or get sacked just because you have declared interest.

that would be especially useful if your contract was expiring at the end of the year as you could negotiate to take over when your current contract expires.

that would be especially useful if your contract was expiring at the end of the year as you could negotiate to take over when your current contract expires.
Yeah, I also think clubs should try to sign you whilst they already have a manager (say if he's leaving or retiring at the end of the season) rather than just when the job is vacant and it could be announced mid-season so you could already start looking at transfer targets etc. Would give a variety of story lines. :)

Being a NT manager it would be good to tell players to move clubs so that you'd consider them for the national team. Some situations it'd be useful in: Move to a higher profile club, move to a European club (any continent really) or move to a club to get first team football.

It'd be pretty cool to be able to put yourself (the manager) on the pitch. I know this happens from time to time in lower leagues when sides have a lot of injuries, are cash strapped, fixture conjestion, etc. Gloucester City manager David Mehew was actually on the bench a number of times this season, he almost pulled them back to a draw in one of their matches in injury time! Harrogate Town 1-0 Gloucester City | Gloucester City AFC

Actually being able to go the player/manager route would be pretty interesting. I imagine that'd be a pretty big change for FM so I don't think that'd be a realistic feature for them to implement.

When taking a job in a country you havnt managed in or have as your additional language you should be able to use your earnings on a translator or say i went to italy i could spend money having italian lessons so i can comunicate with my players better

1. Trophy presentations and celebrations. Have you ever won a major competition, like the Champions League and then thought "Is that it?". I think that this would be on most peoples' lists.

2. A bit more personality in press conferences. The same responses over and over are just boring. It looks as though some responses are tagged as arrogant, or supportive of players, etc. so that could be kept - but it would be nice to have in-line editor to customise the content. So, for example, instead of saying "I really do think I am the special one", you could say "I am a god. There is no one who can compare to me. What other managers can do with a team of superstars, I can do with an orange". Quirky stuff like that.

3. Continuing the theme of injecting some personality into the game, the message inbox could do with an upgrade. All the press stories and off-field events are pretty cookie-cutter stuff. It's no fun having Mario Balotelli in the team if he doesn't occasionally do something absolutely crazy. Likewise, when you're managing Rangers, you should get the Celtic manager coming out with outlandish conspiracy theories. And where are the newspaper stories of pampered premiership players crashing cars and raping people?

4. More options for club facilities. Currently, there's no equivalent of Barcelona's La Masia or Milan's Lab. That should be a lot more involved and complicated than simply asking the board for extra junior coaching or increased recruitment. It should be more in-depth.

5. Following on from the above point, I'd love to see inclusion of younger youth set-ups - under-17s, under-15s, etc. and scouting, coaching and matches to go with it.

6. You should be able to have different tactical instructions for when your team has possession from when they don't and the team automatically adjusts.

7. The match engine still needs tweaking. Something I've noticed is that AI teams have incredible accuracy with both headers and 'keeper clearances. The latter especially - opposition keepers almost always do long clearances with pin-point accuracy to a team-mate way up the field, whilst my 5-star keeper can boot the ball to an opposition player with relative frequency - he doesn't mess up often, but a lot more often the opposition keepers do.

8. I've played FM 2012 and 2013 an awful lot and I've never seen a club go into administration, let alone liquidation. I even once used FMRTE to really start messing with a chosen club's finances as a test - but the club always secured their finances, either with bank loans or the debt was mysteriously cleared in the close season (with no sugar daddy). A case in point: I created a data file that started Rangers and Celtic in the Blue Square Bet Premier. I really messed with Celtic in FMRTE to see if I could make them go bust, but their debt kept mysteriously vanishing. I used the Destroy Team feature to make them lose games in order to keep them in the lower divisions to see how that would affect their finances. Four seasons in and Celtic are in the nPower League Two, paying Joe Ledley £53K per week.

Last edited:
Tbh I agree with all this,but it's all optional.All except one thing: a fixed match engine. There are simply too many errors and mistakes in the undoubtedly most important thing of the game. Therefore, I would like to suggest SI to definitely fix it,whether tweaking this year's version or making a whole new one.

send forigen players on language courses - when in a match your assistant manager keeps saying so and so is having trouble communicating with the rest of the squad. you should be able to interacte with them and send them on english lessons (regarding league).

press confreneces are useless and you get asked the same questions over and over again. what annoys me the most though is i was managing united for 2 seasons and won all comps, decided to leave for a new challenge and took the brentford job and left 4 months in to take over leicester and got them promoted to the PL. got headhunted for the liverpool job and accepted it only to be asked in a press conference aint this a big step up from managing leicester? what about my past jobs at united, QPR etc they get ignored.

when telling a player not to shoot from distance they still do anyway - really annoys me to ****. if a manager in real life told a player not to shoot from distance and he did he would get a bollocking from his manager.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before...
BUT I very often find myself clicking certain players on the screen or even clicking on certain areas of the pitch whilst watching games.
Real managers get to shout something like "John FORWARD INTO THE SPACE" and the player normally hears and wakes up and follows the instruction.
Now I don't know exactly how the FM engine will interpret instructions, but it would be a nice start that if you clicked on a certain player whilst watching your games, there would be a 25% chance the ball will be passed to him or something.

The major thing that bugs me is how inferior international management is compared to club management. Forgive me if I'm simply overlooking features (I don't think I am), but basic things like what area to focus on in training, or what role the coaches should be training the team.

Scouting internationally is also a nightmare. I wish I could describe the problem better, it's just vastly inferior to club management. The scout rating of some players sometimes isn't updated, making it difficult to select who to choose from the long list, for example, Gareth Barry still being rated as 3.5 stars for England at the age of 35. To sum up loosely, a revamp of international management to give it the same depth, and enjoyability, as club management.

Oh and one final grievance, some player's contract situations can be a bit silly. While it's normal a lot of the time, sometimes player actions don't make a lot of sense, examples in my save are Jack Rodwell not starting a single game for City in 5 years, yet happily signing an extension at the end of it. It just seems unrealistic. Another strange one is Neymar, as one week he's in love at Santos, the next he's demanding a big move. Nobody comes in (Asking price of £70m can jog on), eventually he's hunky dory again, and this repeats and repeats until he signs a new contract.

Minor imperfections, fantastic game overall.