Frank Rijkaard set for Liverpool?

• Thread starter Thread starter joel-lfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 207
  • Views Views 13K
Dont do a off topic post, I get infractioned for it alot..

I was advising him not to retaliate for the benefit of the thread. Chances are it would have turned into a Liverpool v Utd thread.

Don't want Rijkaard personally, would much rather hold out for Pellegrini or Emery (unlikely).

Don't want Rijkaard personally, would much rather hold out for Pellegrini or Emery (unlikely).

I Dont understand why Pellegrini was interviewd in the summer but got turned down?

Stupid purslow.

I Dont understand why Pellegrini was interviewd in the summer but got turned down?

Stupid purslow.
Hopefully, with him pushed off to the side, the board can start to make better decisions.
I don't know what it is about LFC and controversies, but we seem to have secured a 5-year subscription deal to a bucket-load of drama and conspiracies. Even the Rooney saga at United doesn't seem to be loud enough to drown out our own rumours.

Last edited:
Probably because H&G weren't willing to give out lots of moneyz, so Hodgson was a prime candidate.

No, They said to Purslow, Hire who you thinks best, Whoever that shall be.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I am fuming atm. As ive just seen this
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/no-torres-gerrard-or-raul-for-napoli

What the fu*k is Hodgson playing at? He's lost it. why leave out 3 of our best players so they will have a weeks rest to play Blackburn. It makes no fvcking sense.
Bye Bye Roy. hello Frank

I dont get that either tbh, i understand torres being left out... But thats just stupid.

Its like he wants to loose. I think Scott and co have paid Hodgson to fail us, along with hicks and gillett, Explains why rafa was sacked.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Hopefully, with him pushed off to the side, the board can start to make better decisions.
I don't know what it is about LFC and controversies, but we seem to have secured a 5-year subscription deal to a bucket-load of drama and conspiracies. Even the Rooney saga at United doesn't seem to be loud enough to drown out our own rumours.

Tell me about it.. When Rafa was hired it looked like good times ahead...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Still can't get over it myself :S

wasted more money on sacking rafa and hiring roy than we have on transfers...

Frank Rijkaard would be a bit of a weird choice, he hasn't really acheived anything outside of Barcelona.

Like many have said, don't want Rijkard unless he comes with Ten Cate - he's key to rijkard's success.

also, it appears Hodgson has lost the dressing room already, which I think is why Purslow has stepped down, as they were sort of allies. Rumours are Roy is resigning after tomorrow's game..

Frank Rijkaard would be a bit of a weird choice, he hasn't really acheived anything outside of Barcelona.

It was his first chance thats why, Apart from Holland, when he got to the semi final of euro 2008, Think they got beat on pens by Italy and he resigned after it?

Then he went to the Dutch league, I forget who he managed, but he got relegated. They were in a bad financial state.

Then barca came along and he built it into one **** of a team.. :\

It was his first chance thats why, Apart from Holland, when he got to the semi final of euro 2008, Think they got beat on pens by Italy and he resigned after it?

Then he went to the Dutch league, I forget who he managed, but he got relegated. They were in a bad financial state.

Then barca came along and he built it into one **** of a team.. :\

He let that team slip though with a lack of discipline, hence they never won as much as they should have. To be fair he had a lot of financial backing at Barca and all.

Got Sparta relegated for the first time in their history
Won La Liga twice in 5 years with Barcelona, would you expect anything less from Barca?

He let that team slip though with a lack of discipline, hence they never won as much as they should have. To be fair he had a lot of financial backing at Barca and all.

So are we saying he can only work well with money ?

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

roy could have got fulham to a new level had he stayed there.

100% agree with you here.

I think we all agree Pellegrini would be the best, most realistic option.

Question - Would you prefer to see Ian Holloway over Hodgson?

Won La Liga twice in 5 years with Barcelona, would you expect anything less from Barca?

He did get sparta relegated for the first time ever, but

I quote from his wiki.

Rijkaard enjoyed the down-to-earth atmosphere, although the club was not financially strong

Sounds like pompy?

You mean beat a team with Benitez in charge of?! No chance ;)

So are we saying he can only work well with money ?

I think he under-achieved at Barca. Yes he built a great team but they failed to live up to expecation. 1 Champions League and 2 La Liga's in 5 years. And that was with money. I just don't think he is that great of a manager.

I think we all agree Pellegrini would be the best, most realistic option.

Question - Would you prefer to see Ian Holloway over Hodgson?

no cause id slit my wrist listening to him refaring to gerrard as his tea pot, or something waky.

Back