Funny/Random things in FM2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Redrup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 550K
I think that Patch 11.2 fixes the issue of selling players. You should just 'Offer to Clubs' at a reasonable amount and it should work. I could not sell players for even £0 on 11.0 and 11.1, but now on 11.2 I can sell just about anybody for a good amount.

playing everton in fm11

two moments stand out to me

i lost 4-0 to sunderland. tim howard got rated 3.6/10. everyone else got rated 6.5 and above. despite the scoreline, tim cahill still managed a 7.5/10

drew 2-2 to arsenal. a passback to tim howard. he had all the time in the world. a good 5 seconds or so. he dribbles and dribbles towards the corner, kicks it into van persie's chest, which deflects into the goal

after these two matches, i laid the ultimate hammer down on him. private chat bad performance, 2 week wage fine, stripped of vice captaincy, and warned transfer list

i ended up selling him during winter transfers... man city bought him lol

PS Jagielka's amazing in goal :D

It's November 2011 a.k.a. the manager merry-go-round in my current save.

Ancelotti (Chelsea) sacked
Mancini (Man City) sacked, signed by Chelsea
Aguirre (Liverpool) sacked, signed by Man City
Redknapp (Tottenham) signed by Liverpool
Laudrup, signed by Tottenham
Houllier (Aston Villa) sacked
Moyes (Everton) signed by Aston Villa
Grant (West Ham) signed by Everton

Pretty funny. Also some managerial changes going on in the Championship.

I lifted the trophy in the Semi's.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so first i was really impressed when i saw Ipswitch Town in the EPL but then this awesome coach takes them into Europa League! And they did well there! Then he went to Chelsea... Look what happened after he took charge of chelsea XD... And look whos training Man Utd... Is my FM telling the real life future :O? ahahahahah

But something even better happened.... Spurs won Champions league in 2011 (Real Life prediction again?)... But the better thing... Look who they beat in the final xD. (also see 2012 final :P COME ON YOU REDS! ahah)... After winning the CL look where Henry Redknapp went to.... And see what happened... ahahahahaha

Last edited:
I noticed this playing against Sunderland and the name kinda geeked me out.

I noticed this playing against Sunderland and the name kinda geeked me out.

There is a real life coach called Steve Beaglehole I believe which is where the name regen got it from I expect.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

I lifted the trophy in the Semi's.
Untitled-1.jpg

I saw the same thing with Arsenal in the FA cup. V weird.

premierleaguetable.jpg

Anything seem a bit 'funny' in this screen shot? Taken from the first season (where I'm Sheffield United's manager.)

S. Fletcher hit 29 goals in 36 games. Take that as a hint.

Haha

Haha. In my Portsmouth save all the premiership managers seem to be switching jobs!

redknapp_city.jpg

mancini_liverpool.jpg

Also I think Sam Allardyce is out of a job as he was doing bad.. so I wouldn't be suprised if he took the Spurs job!

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Surprise Surprise lol.

suprisesuprise.jpg

FM 2008: I dont have a screenshot because it happened along time ago, but I was playing with Arsenal, and I see when my game is processing, Newcastle 1 - 0 Sunderland... and WHO was the scorer...

DA DA DA DA ... Shay Given, so I went to the match and I watched the replay, about 13 minutes in Given (from a save) kicked the ball, it went past everyone, and past the keeper... the only time I have ever seen a keeper score in that way in the game...

Back