Germany v Spain [Semi-Final]

Spain lost to USA is the confederations cup last year due to USA's great counter attack, Germany have a similar style but it is a lot more effective, I think Spain will be exposed without the defensive shield of Senna that they had in euro 2008. If Sergio Ramos goes rampaging forward like in previous games, Germany will look to exploit it.

Tonight is Torres night in my mind, i think he will score tonigh, and spain will go through 2-1. Still the dutch to win it

Tonight is Torres night in my mind, i think he will score tonigh, and spain will go through 2-1. Still the dutch to win it

Scott.. if tonight is Torres' night, that won't help Spain.

There match is tomorrow XD

Spain lost to USA is the confederations cup last year due to USA's great counter attack, Germany have a similar style but it is a lot more effective, I think Spain will be exposed without the defensive shield of Senna that they had in euro 2008. If Sergio Ramos goes rampaging forward like in previous games, Germany will look to exploit it.[/QUOTE]

And Podolski will be playing as left winger, he will have a field day if Ramos forgets he is defender primarily.

At the start of the tournament I put a 50p bet on a Germany - Holland final (at around 50-1 odds), so hopefully they both get through.

And then the Dutch win (A)

***** it! That ****** Octopus has predicted a Spanish win.... Looks like my bets out the window!

Last edited:
Scott.. if tonight is Torres' night, that won't help Spain.

There match is tomorrow XD

:$

Oh yeah it is Holland tonite, thought for some reason spain was tonight with the dutch tommorrow.

opps

I predict Spain will hold possesion and try to attack. The german back line will be too strong for Spain and then hit the Spanish on the counter.

2-0 Germany

What's this octopus that everyone is talking about?! :S

What's this octopus that everyone is talking about?! :S

There's an octopus on Sky Sports News that has got every winner correct in his predictions so far. And it was shown on SSN today that he picked out Spain as the winner for this match.

i think this game will go to peno's if torres starts, if they start lorente or play a 5 man midfield then Spain will be comfotable winners ;)

The octopus predicted a German victory in the Euro 2008 final! so it has a history of being inaccuracy in germany-spain matches... I'm hoping it's wrong this time

For me its the anticipated final. Whoever come out with victory tonight will claim the title on Sunday. Having said this, it will be an interesting game. I truly believe Spain could overcome Germany, but the Germans look quite different from Eurocup, they are much stronger. I wonder how will they cope without Muller. And Khedira is also a doubt for the game.

For me its the anticipated final. Whoever come out with victory tonight will claim the title on Sunday.

Netherlands are not pushovers, When Sneijder, Robben and RVP are on song, there isn't a team that can cope with them. Robben **** or not is a fantastic player and can produce magical moment than anyone in German or Spanish team. As much as this tie is balanced, Finals will also be the same.

Spain will dominate possession as usual. However, Pique needs to be on par with Puyol because he is the weak link in this Spain side so far. This is Germany's first test to see if they are actually a real team. Argentina and England were and are pathetic. England couldn't beat USA or Algeria and Argentina were clueless in every game. Had no gameplan or defensive plan. Xavi will be key again. I see Spain going through.

I actually hope that the Germans get dicked. But for some reason they are red hot at the moment and can't really see them loosing to Spain.

Germany 2 - 1 Spain

Perhaps a few bookings as well. And i'm going to go with a Pique red card ;)

By the way, Germany are not the first side Spain will play who don't park the bus. Chile? who were having all the chances before their keeper went and did that