Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

I should have played the ACoN tommorrow, and then there will be a pre-season update. I have been spending a while working on transfers, but I think I have made some decent signings.

Algeria Squad Announced

So I have chosen the squad that will travel to Libya for the African Cup of Nations. Hassan Yebda is the only notable absentee, as he misses out through injury. We don’t have a Didier Drogba or a Samuel Eto’o, but we do seem to have a very good well rounded squad, and have a chance to go far in this competition. I had to pick the squad having not played a single match in charge of Algeria, but I am confident we have the best players for each position.

African Nations Group B
Algeria 2-1 Mali
Ghezzal (38, 45)
Our first match of the tournament, my first match in charge, and we got a valuable win. With Ivory Coast and South Africa to play, it was important we didn’t lose. I was also trying out a completely new system, as we had no friendlies to test it out, and it seemed to work. Abdelkader Ghezzal was fantastic playing up front on his own, scoring two goals.

algeria_1559404c.jpg

African Nations Group B
Ivory Coast 1-4 Algeria
Achiou (27)
Abdoun (43)
Ziaya (65)
Ouasfane (88)
We were superb tonight, comfortably beating probably the best team in the group. Achiou opened the scoring, before Kalou levelled for the Elephants. At that point, you would have expected Ivory Coast to go on and win the game, but we regained control, and regained the lead just three minutes later. Abdoun’s long range free-kick gave us a half time lead, before we put the game beyond doubt with two second half goals. This win means we have already qualified for the quarter-finals. Ghezzal suffered an injury today, but could be fit for the South Africa match.

article-0-08001733000005DC-259_468x314.jpg

African Nations Group B
Algeria 1-0 South Africa
Lacen (pen 32)
We controlled the game, but in the end it was a penalty which won it for us. I made a few changes to the side, but I still fielded a strong team, and that showed in the performance. The win means we top the group, and set up a quarter-final tie with Nigeria. However, Majid Bougherra picked up his second booking of the tournament, and will miss that game.

_34166_algeria-zambia.jpg

Quality Cant wait for next installment and after you finished with hummel did you get offered the Bdvest job or did you just add new manager for them

Quality Cant wait for next installment and after you finished with hummel did you get offered the Bdvest job or did you just add new manager for them

I was offered the job. I was lucky as the last manager got poached by Orlando Pirates, so they were in a stable position. I was also offered the Lokomotiv job.

fair enough im still Yesan and im top of the n League so hoepfully i win it and get offered a better job

Marques is a great player and prospect, you just need to give it time, he will soon adjust to his new team.
Great story which i enjoy reading,so much so i'm thinking of doing a game like this as i love a challenge.

Btw how did you set the new game up in order to be any club around the world ?

Last edited:
Marques is a great player and prospect, you just need to give it time, he will soon adjust to his new team.
Great story which i enjoy reading,so much so i'm thinking of doing a game like this as i love a challenge.

Btw how did you set the new game up in order to be any club around the world ?

Thanks, and you should, it is a fun challenge. As for the setup, I just loaded the following leagues, as to have at least one country from each continent playable.

South Africa (Premier League only), South Korea (N-League and above), USA (MLS only), England (Premier Division only), France (Ligue 1 only), Russia (First Division and above), Spain (Liga BBVA only), Sweden (First Division Elite and above), Argentina (Second Division and above)

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

African Nations Quarter Final
Nigeria 1-0 Algeria
It is disappointing to go out at the quarter final stage, but Nigeria were better than us, We pushed for a goal late one, but we couldn’t rescue the game. Chinedu Obasi scored the decisive goal after 18 minutes.

nigeria-vs-algeria.jpg

Unless something really enticing comes up, I will stay with Algeria to try and have a better African Cup of Nations in 2016. They failed to qualify for this summer’s World Cup, so I will have to wait until at least 2018 to manage at a World Cup for the first time. I saw enough from my team, especially in the 4-1 thrashing of Ivory Coast, to suggest we can go far. But for now, it’s back to Moscow to prepare for the new season.

Pre-season 2014

We came into pre-season needing to strengthen the squad, and I had a list of targets, and managed to sign some players from the top of that list. However, soon after the players came back, Genoa tabled a £12m bid for star striker Aidan Marques. Before I knew it, the chairman had accepted the offer, just like the Bidvest Wits chairman had done when Lech came in for him. Yes, we make a £6.5m profit from him having only been here for half a season, but we lost a truly great player. One day, though, I hope to reunite with him once again.

We did bring players in also, spending £14.5m. I would have liked to bring in more Russian players, but there are just not enough good players coming through. But I did start by signing two 15-year-old Russians, each for just £5k compensation. I noticed that there seems to be a rule in Russia that a club can sign any youth player who hasn’t signed a pre-contract for £5k compensation, no matter what their value.

Oleg Miroshnychenko - £2.4m

I originally bought the Ukrainian to partner Marques, but his departure means Miroshnychenko will have an even bigger role to play. At 18, I feel he has the potential to be an important player, and will already be challenging for a starting place.

Tomasz Mroz - £3.8m

One of the positions I wanted to strengthen was the right wing, and I think he have a very good player on our hands. He has the pace to trouble defences, and will play a big part this season. We previously had Rios, a natural striker, playing on the right, so I am happy to be able to bring in a natural winger.

Celsinho - £3.9m

On the same day we signed Mroz, we also completed the signing of young Brazilian centre-back Celsinho. I have high hopes for Celsinho, and he should strengthen our back line both for now and the future. He should be challenging the likes of Muniesa for a start alongside Vilakazi.

Juninho - £4.3m

Finally, we had to sign a replacement for Aidan Marques. Juninho isn’t quite as good as the South African, but has the potential to lead the line well. As with all my signings this window, the Brazilian is only young, but should be able to make an immediate impact.

Pre-season Friendly Results

Colo-Colo 1-7 Lokomotiv Moscow

Lazio 3-2 Lokomotiv Moscow

Udinese 2-0 Lokomotiv Moscow

We started pre-season with an emphatic win over Colo-Colo. New signings Miroshnychenko, Juninho and Celsinho all got on the score sheet, and we looked extremely dangerous. We then setup two tough matches in Italy, to try and test the team ahead of the Manchester United Euro Cup matches. Too much can’t be read from the Lazio and Udinese results, as we held both teams until half time, when I made mass changes to the line-up. Next up are the matches against Man United, before a final friendly against a side from Guadeloupe, and the start of the league season.

Some nice signings there! You've got a good story going, I like the layout. And it's nice to see some different leagues being played.

February 2014

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
Lokomotiv Moscow 1-2 Man United
Dujmovic (15)
We got off to a great start in the home leg, as Dujmovic’s neat finish gave us an early lead. But I soon realised it was too good to be true, as Wayne Rooney equalised before half time. And then on 76 minutes, Vidic got the winner for United, meaning we will have to go to Old Trafford and score at least two goals.

Nemanja_Vidic_1388946c.jpg

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Man United 1-1 Lokomotiv Moscow (agg 3-2)
Rios (79)
We can’t really complain about being knocked out, as in this match we had 3 shots to their 30. But when Rios equalised with ten minutes left, we threw everything at them, we just didn’t create nearly enough. I am proud of the way the team defended, but we just couldn’t keep the ball in a match we had to win. I’m disappointed to go out, especially as we haven’t qualified for next season’s competition, but we couldn’t have asked for a tougher draw.

Really good stuff mate. Unlucky about united. Keep it up.

Thanks for the help mate just started it today in russia ok start for me at the moment.

Wow.....Brilliant way of doing a story, it's sort of like setting out to actually complete FM, winning tournaments on all continents.

March 2014

Krylja Sovetov 2-4 Lokomotiv Moscow
Juninho (30, 79)
Dujmovic (90)
Rios (90)
It took a while, but in the end we got the win we deserved with 20 shots and 6 clear cut chances. It was very frustrating when we went 1-0 and then 2-1 down, as we were playing well. But our pressure told and we took the lead after 90 minutes, and got a fourth three minutes into injury time. I was delighted with Rios’s performance and goal after coming on in the second half, as I meant to put Sadaev on but accidently brought on Rios, who went on to put in a great performance. A good way to start the league season, and Juninho made a superb debut, scoring two goals and winning man of the match.

FC+Lokomotiv+Moskva+v+PFC+Krylya+Sovetov+Samara+DD4e5Jux2dMm.jpg

Lokomotiv Moscow 3-1 Chernomorets Novorossiysk
Miroshnychenko ( 6 )
Juninho (25)
Sadaev (84)
It was another very good performance good performance from the team, and our attack was on fire once again. They say every manager wants to see both their strikers score in the same match, and I got that, but then I brought on a different striker, and he scored as well.

Saturn 2-2 Lokomotiv Moscow
Juninho (68)
Sadaev (73)
Juninho gave us the lead with literally his last involvement before being substituted. And then only five minutes later, his replacement, Sadaev, got a second. But somehow, we managed to throw away the two goal lead and draw the match. We are still playing pretty well, and our strikers are still banging in the goals, but we are conceding a lot.

We couldn’t have asked for a better start to the season, taking seven points from three matches. I was disappointed at throwing away the lead in the Saturn match, but other than that we have looked in fine form. We will soon tell just how well we are playing when we play one of the big boys, such as CSKA Moscow or Zenit.

Player of the month: Juninho
The striker has proved a great replacement for Aidan Marques, scoring three goals in three games. Unfortunately, he recently came out and stated he is having trouble settling in the area.

Unlucky on the deafeat to man utd! Great story, really enjoy the people playing outside the UK and with different teams! Good luck with rest of the season

April 2014

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-1 CSKA Moscow
Miroshnychenko (56)
Not too bad a result from the derby match, but we could very easily have won the game. A Vagner Love penalty gave the away side the lead before young Ukrainian Miroshnychenko equalised in the second half. Both teams had chances, and we probably came closest to getting the three points, but I suppose it was more important that we didn’t lose and upset the fans.

429x.jpg

Spartak Nalchik 0-0 Lokomotiv Moscow
Our first clean sheet of the season! We really should be beating these, but our attack, which has been in such fine form this season, neither created anything for themselves or had anything created for them. We did look a bit better defensively though, so we will have to take the positives.

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-1 Amkar
Aliev (32)
A fourth consecutive draw, but CSKA are the only other team to still be unbeaten after six games. We never looked like conceding, so when Amkar equalised after an hour, it came as a shock and we never recovered. Aliev had previously given us the lead, and he has been on fine form this season.

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0 Shinnik
Miroshnychenko (77)
Having 21 shots, we should have broken the deadlock a lot sooner than the 77th minute. We really took the lead in the 7th minute, but Sadaev was ruled offside after a neat move ended with his neat finish. At times it looked like we would have to wait even longer to get back to winning ways, but hopefully Miroshnychenko’s goal will see us go on a good run.

After seven games we may be sitting in fifth place, but we are still one of only two teams to be unbeaten. Having drawn four of those seven matches, it is clear that we are getting too many draws and need to be more clinical. We are playing well but not scoring enough goals to put teams to bed when we really should be.

Player of the month: Vitaliy Fedoriv
The left back has been a consistent performer this month, and the only player not to drop below a rating of 7 in any of the matches. Fullbacks are always a big part of my teams' success, and Fedoriv has had a great month.