Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
My wage bill is too high, i cant get anybody in, they wont pay wages, my board is ****! They refuse everything. Okay im sitting at the top of the league, but surely they should let me do something, i have to get rid of loadsa players :(

Right im new to this.... First year of playing FM and i have your tactics. I like them for one reason, lol, im not losing, but im not winning. I keep drawing, im unbeaten, and ok i have scored loads of goals, the odd game i will win, 6-0 but most others ill concede 2 and score 2. At least im not losing. Im huddersfield town. I have the original team plus G.Barnes from Derby - AM, DJ Campbell from Leicester - ST, M. Williams from Scunthorpe - LB and Ivar Ingimarsson on a free i think - CB. Something i could maybe change? Im 3 points clear at the top, but worried that ive started to draw more games than win recently that im gona lose that position. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do you play more defensively during 2nd when you get the lead?
or you just play offensively throughout the game?

currently with liverpool. After 10 games, 2W, 1D, 7L and on da way to be sacked. after using the tactics, 12W 3D(first 3 games, the team still blending with the tactics) 1L(dubious penalty). The MUST try tactics.

Thanks mate. Glad it's working for your liverpool..
LOL the before tactic must be unfitting for your team.

Just started a new Newcastle game due to a corruption in a save.

Top of the championchip PL5 W4 D1 L0 GF12 GA 4.

And I havent spent any money on players, the Newcastle team just slots into this tactic :)

Yes I don't know why but Newcastle has always been good with this tactic..
Might try playing Newcastle myself :)

Do you play more defensively during 2nd when you get the lead?
or you just play offensively throughout the game?

Just play offensively, should i change it? Im worried if i go defensive the other teams going to push on and score, if im holding a small 1-0 lead.

Just play offensively, should i change it? Im worried if i go defensive the other teams going to push on and score, if im holding a small 1-0 lead.

Well go defensively.. The whole going offensive thing to hold on a lead is only effective if
1. Your defensive sucks like rotten egg and you wouldn't trust them to do anything.
2. Your attacking material is awesome as **** - or heaven.
3. You are me. :P

Seriously though try to play more defensively.. Maybe change 1 striker to DM which will make your tactic 4-2-2-1-2. Play with lower tempo or less direct to keep possession - or you can just tick 'Take a breather' from the sideline instruction.

People the 10.2 patch is here.. Anyone care to test this tactic out on that version?
The changes made are perfect for this tactic. The long shots are tweaked down (good since we're using deep D line) and defender are 'smarter' especially in terms of covering and anticipating balls. :)
Will expect a little decrease of scoring though due to this effin change
"Rebalanced number of goals slightly"

Still the rest is sweeeeeeeeet..
- Fixed a penalty shootout match divergence bug.
- Made players a little more determined to intercept dangerous balls into area -> through balls
- Couple of small fixes to marking around own area -> idem
- Tried to make defence cover better when one of them pulled out of position -> stopper cover role
- Slight increase on keepers effectiveness against power shots -> long shot
- Slight tweak to keeper shot stopping abilities
- A few more hopeful long shots as the number had gone down a lot in recent builds

I think i have it sussed now anyways, i played a couple of games last night, although i did lose my first game since the start of the season i also beat 3rd in the league 6-1. So pleased with that, a few minor tweaks then, i thort this setting was like based on its attacking mentatlity, but ok to change that? I havent really experimented with it sorry. All new to the game and loving it, even tho i did get sacked from my team in my 2nd season. Wana get huddersfield up to the prem but the board are being tight haha. Thanks anyways, AWESOME tactic and loving it. Abz

Yes I don't know why but Newcastle has always been good with this tactic..
Might try playing Newcastle myself :)

Seems like the Newcastle trend is catching on. ;)

I think i have it sussed now anyways, i played a couple of games last night, although i did lose my first game since the start of the season i also beat 3rd in the league 6-1. So pleased with that, a few minor tweaks then, i thort this setting was like based on its attacking mentatlity, but ok to change that? I havent really experimented with it sorry. All new to the game and loving it, even tho i did get sacked from my team in my 2nd season. Wana get huddersfield up to the prem but the board are being tight haha. Thanks anyways, AWESOME tactic and loving it. Abz

Lol yeah you got a point there.. It is an attacking tactic actually.. So it's normal to think to play offensively throughout the game.
But it's ok to change when needed since people have been complaining about defense and stuffs (eventhough I have said this is a total attacking tactic) so want it or not I have to give them some recommendations..
but if you are up for full-attacking then go for it - just like me :D

And thanks btw. Great that youre enjoying this tactic as well as I do. :)
AWESOME.. my favourite word.. what a way to describe this tactic. Haha..

Seems like the Newcastle trend is catching on. ;)

LOL Yeah.. especially with this new patch..
Definitely gonna start a new game and tweak the tactic. Hopefully it would still do well since mainly defensive aspects have been tweaked up in this patch.

Still haven't decided though.. Play Valencia on a custom Super League, Newcastle, or go even further with York. Newcastle seems like a good choice since it is in the middle and I have experience playing the team when testing my tactic in FM09. :)

After my point deduction in my first game, things went off a bit. Currently lost 5 out of the last 6. Anything you recommend? I am currently 11th in the league but I am looking for 8-10th so hopefully I should be able to get there. I am looking for European football next season.

Is the new patch really that different. What are the key changes.?

awesome tactic!!thank u so much.i manage leeds like u.just win Champions Coca Cola League and leading CH.can u post ur transfer history,please?i use 2 winger u recommend Salvio and Robi Merino and they're so good!AMC,u use Gaston Fernandez(devil man haha).but it's not his natural position.can u tell me some good AMC and target man?target man, i use Zalayeta(free,but he's 31).i have 10 mil but i dont know who should buy.btw,westham bought Buonanote,hix.
anyway,to restrict DMC get red card,u can use DMC has low dirtness(use Genie Scout).i use Plessis(from Liver).

awesome tactic!!thank u so much.i manage leeds like u.just win Champions Coca Cola League and leading CH.can u post ur transfer history,please?i use 2 winger u recommend Salvio and Robi Merino and they're so good!AMC,u use Gaston Fernandez(devil man haha).but it's not his natural position.can u tell me some good AMC and target man?target man, i use Zalayeta(free,but he's 31).i have 10 mil but i dont know who should buy.btw,westham bought Buonanote,hix.
anyway,to restrict DMC get red card,u can use DMC has low dirtness(use Genie Scout).i use Plessis(from Liver).

oh didn't know about that dirtiness thing.. so thanks.. although i might not be able to check it in game. :D
AMC i got buonanotte when i was in EPL i was not wrong.. for target man i used to loan macheda during championship. :)

Is the new patch really that different. What are the key changes.?

Hey m8!
Will this tactic work with the lastest patch(10.2.0)?

Crazy, the patch just came out like couple hours ago.. so surely when you ask it I haven't even open up my game. We'll see... hopefully it is.

i doubt any pre patch tactics would work

Doubt it.. seen some tactics which works and actually gets better after patch...
Not saying this will but there's a slight possibility.

After my point deduction in my first game, things went off a bit. Currently lost 5 out of the last 6. Anything you recommend? I am currently 11th in the league but I am looking for 8-10th so hopefully I should be able to get there. I am looking for European football next season.

Your Newcastle is it in EPL? You got point deduction.
I don't know what to recommend since your team have been doing well.. Found any specific problem in these last 6 games?

Thanks mate. Glad it's working for your liverpool..
LOL the before tactic must be unfitting for your team.

don't know mate. the tactic look so good - possesion, shot on goal etc - maybe the gap between defender and midfielder is too much. or my defender is not too fast to defend against a counter attack

the DMC is there to connect short passes from defenders to wingers. the gap is probably caused by the deep defensive line but it's fine they are playing directly :P

or are you talking about the tactic before you use this tactic? haha

i have been using ur tactic with liverpool with good results but i have been playing today on the new patch and the good results have turned into great results !!

Back