Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
I think one problem would be conceding a goal straight after scoring one. I have tried to use contain but it doesn't seem to work...

Thanks for this, gonna try it with Spurs :D

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Played my first game and beat Burnley 5-2 away, not bad for a first game with a new tactic :)

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Played 5, lost 3 won 2 :/

So have u already tested it with the new patch?

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Till now im having terrible results :(

It started working finally and I'm getting great results, won 7 lost 2 and drawn 3 :D two of the wins were against Man Utd and Liverpool

My Results are still great too! Only lost one out of 9 and that was to City

So basically you're saying this tactic is still working on the new patch?
Gonna try it out right now.. on Valencia on a Super League database.
Will give out the results tomorrow.. Can't tonight.. have a party :D

So basically you're saying this tactic is still working on the new patch?
Gonna try it out right now.. on Valencia on a Super League database.
Will give out the results tomorrow.. Can't tonight.. have a party :D
Ok.
Cheers xD
Post some screens please :)

Have a nice party :P

Game Version: 10.1.1
Tactic Version: 3.1

I gotta say the title grabbed my attention. "Goals Galore", so I just clicked the topic and started reading it.

Now there was nothing wrong with my old tactic, I was doing just fine, but I wanted something better.

I am playing Steaua Bucharest and I have great players for my league. I have the best squad by far. The team just got kicked by Bayern Munchen in the quarter finals of Europa League so I decided it's time for a new tactic.

Now I know there is no such thing as "plug & play" tactic anymore nowadays. Press conferences + team talks + tactics + morale = succes. I do well on all of them, my team morale is very good to superb so the only thing I changed was the tactic.

The only tweak I did was the closing down to more often.

First of all, I am concending A LOT more goals than I did before, but since it's a "I score more than the opponent" tactic that would be ok. The thing is that I score less...

4 matches: 2W 1D 1L

The loss was against my title contenders, 3-1...and I had like 3 shots on target the whole match.

I will update it as soon as I get more matches.

Oh, and when you are posting your results do it with a lower league team or something similar. Comments like "Oh, I used this tactic and won 10 matches in a row with Liverpool" are stupid. Any 10 year old can do that. Take a team from Russia or from Ukraine and with CL with it or even EL, then you can say a tactic is good.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I'm putting up the results with Leeds United, instead of Man Utd or Barcelona which basically have already dominated the game.

By the way what you said about "Press conferences + team talks + tactics + morale = succes." is totally true. I may add - although it is part of tactics - but people have often forgot is Opposition Instructions. Just tweaking the tactics sometimes is not enough. :)

Back to the tactic. First of all thanks for the feedback.. That's the kinda input I want to hear. And then sorry if it hasn't been working well to you. Honestly I don't open minded about more closing down, especially in the older patch as it will leave a huge gap open behind the defender for a fast striker to exploit.

And if you have analyze it, what's the main problem with the tactic? You can see from the match stats - is there any statistics that stands out? Like miss out chances, no possession or in watch mode like wingers can't run past opponent or too big of a gap etc?

Thanks.

____

My last game before leaving. I am using the new tactic for the Valencia game. Pretty much the same with some tweaking. Might release an 'Away', 'Dominate', 'Chase', and 'SUS' tactic as well as it is seems like there are a lot of people who are too lazy to tweak the tactics for the sake of their own team in their own game. -_-

the tactic works fine in my chelsea game till jan and after that followed a series of draws with small teams whom i was expected to beat comfortably then a 1-0 loss to tottenham in league cup semifinal. i am chelsea btw

It is a known problem that some teams are complacent against smaller teams. What I recommend is when you go a goal up, try switching to 'control'. It helps a lot and you can still score with it. Good luck.

it works and my team are back in winning ways. beat tottenham 2-0 home to reach the finals with arsenal. this tactic is great and im thinking of starting a lower league team with it

UNBELIEVEABLE!just won PL with Leeds in the first season played in PL!u r my god!thank u so much!!!
bangxephang.jpg

but people have often forgot is Opposition Instructions. Just tweaking the tactics sometimes is not enough.
i dont to like to use opposition instructions cause i like more zonal marking than man marking.

Thanks Chris for helping out while I'm gone.. How's your Newcastle mate? :)

UNBELIEVEABLE!just won PL with Leeds in the first season played in PL!u r my god!thank u so much!!!
bangxephang.jpg

Nice one.. You're having better like than me. In my game the Man City totally dominates.

i dont to like to use opposition instructions cause i like more zonal marking than man marking.

Ohh I see. Well it's a matter of choice really. I like to close down creative and long shotters as it has been causing problems in this tactic due to the deep defense line.

I may sound stupid here but Koflok,on ur first post it says specific instructions underneath the team instructions where on mine it only says team instructions and target men etc

My Newcastle. I will post updates some time but I am beta testing some tactics for a mate at the moment. I will update some time this week though. :)

Testing it with Celtic the now
4-1 over Tottenham. Goal was conceeded due to a silly mistake by Caldwell, no surprise.
1-1 against West Ham so far. Have a massive amount of tired players for this fixture mind.
2-1 over Lyon. Goal was conceeded due to a silly mistake by Otamendi

Last edited:
Back