Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
Player

I've played the tactic with Benfica and it's working great, 2nd year I won the league and euro league. Nuno Gomes is getting older though and I need a new poacher, do you have any suggestions, that will suit this tactic. I need a new def mid to, any suggestions.
I have another question to, is it ok to change the def mid tackles from hard to normal, since he gets a red card every two game.
Thanks in advance!

I've played the tactic with Benfica and it's working great, 2nd year I won the league and euro league. Nuno Gomes is getting older though and I need a new poacher, do you have any suggestions, that will suit this tactic. I need a new def mid to, any suggestions.
I have another question to, is it ok to change the def mid tackles from hard to normal, since he gets a red card every two game.
Thanks in advance!
What tactic r u using?

flat 4-4-2 is doing very well, very very well. but i can't say how it will be with weaker teams coz' i've got an offer from Arsenal and I left Getafe.

i've made some changes too, maybe it will interests you.

right striker have supporting role, not attacking. left striker as central attacker(i don't know how it's named in english version of FM), not poacher. shorter passing, easy tackling for whole team. starting strategy = control. defence line high + offsides. central midfielder (left) is "central midfielder (:D) and his role is attack, right central midfielder is ball-winning midfielder with defence role.

results: 20 wins, 5 draws, 4 loses (2nd matches in 1/8 and 1/4 CL. after winning first match 3:0 and 6:0 + Chelsea and Man City)

[d=home matches]
[w=away mataches]

http://i45.tinypic.com/v445g1.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/300gol1.jpg

best matches against Liverpool away, Manchester United home, Tottenham home, CSKA away, Benfica home, Juventus away.

i've told you also about my problem with converting CCC to a goals. look what my right strikers (target man, supporting) do after this changes:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2q1f8ue.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/66b0hu.jpg

LOVE your suggestion mate. Thanks a lot.
I've made a push up high def line actually on the v4.2 and it seems like it's better defensively. Offside trap is very effective here.

Yeah you may change the roles of your strikers, it needs to suit your players. It's an support-attack role actually - the 'right' striker is the support one as I already tweaked it manually.

LOL the goals. When it comes to converting CCC it doesn't necessary comes a lot to tactic, it's a matter of the player.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah you may do that. I just like hard tackling - a personal choice. :D

For DMC definitely Anthony Annan. for poacher.. Welliton? my favourite one is Agoblahor. :D

Hey Koflok still loving this tactic just beat Rangers 5-0 in a CL group game. how are you. Hows it going for your team... Leeds still?

I've been using 4.2 a bit now, getting a lot of own goals and conceding corners from players hammering the ball back to the keeper. Any ideas?

im using 4.1 for 10.2 patch and i feel its better than 3.1,but this high d-line is very very risk, but i have Hugo Lloris :P Just look at his stats :O

4.1 not really work for me, testing 4.0 :p

Last edited:
just started using the tactic! this was my first game using it and the whole team had over 7 rating apart from keeper! obv didnt have any thnig to do!

still a little unsure what position is best for bent and jones! and theres campbell waiting in the wings too!

any ideas?

View attachment 22149

should i still stick with it if i get a bad string of results?

Hey Koflok still loving this tactic just beat Rangers 5-0 in a CL group game. how are you. Hows it going for your team... Leeds still?

LOL. Awesome.
No. Stopped playing it as somehow it was getting too easy with Leeds.
Starting a new game - using Valencia.
But it's on my own created database where the format is Super League and all players are transformed to like 21,19,and 17 y.o with lower CA and higher PA.
So basically I'm playing in a Wonderkid database you may call it.

Anthony Annan is a fantastic player.

-----------------------
ps. some changes again and:

http://i47.tinypic.com/midqg5.jpg in Champions League final match

and FINALLY!

http://i47.tinypic.com/4sfwv6.jpg

Hhaa nice man!
Beat barca by 3 goals. That's really something..

I've been using 4.2 a bit now, getting a lot of own goals and conceding corners from players hammering the ball back to the keeper. Any ideas?

Seriously? Own goals? haven't seen that actually.
Try changing the defending corners scheme.

im using 4.1 for 10.2 patch and i feel its better than 3.1,but this high d-line is very very risk, but i have Hugo Lloris :P Just look at his stats :O

4.1 not really work for me, testing 4.0 :p

I think 4.1 is better for those who already have a good set of defense player and want to concede less.
But 3.1 is an all out attack tactic. :D

just started using the tactic! this was my first game using it and the whole team had over 7 rating apart from keeper! obv didnt have any thnig to do!

still a little unsure what position is best for bent and jones! and theres campbell waiting in the wings too!

any ideas?

View attachment 22149
Well Bent can play the poacher and jones as the target man obviously.
I don't think campbell can play as winger. How bout rotate him with Bent. or bring him as super sub as he is pacy so it would be definitely be effective to use him as 'Owen' type of player.

should i still stick with it if i get a bad string of results?

You can always tweak the tactic.
or alternatively, you can just switch to another tactic. Maybe it's just one of the team that doesn't suit with the tactic.

Cool i'll def have to have a go at that database soon. Who are good players and gems.

Well basically all players with 120ish CA or more will be transformed into youth with 180ish or more PA.
A lot of hardwork.. I have to change like 4000 players :P
It's almost thrice of change compared to the free players database. :P
messils.jpg

villaw.jpg

carlosxy.jpg

Currently I'm halfway there... (still haven't finish bottom 2 divisions players)
So expect it to be released on... sometime in Jan 2010 :D

Last edited:
Koflok. I must admit that you're original is still the best for me. Top tactic. (H)

woah ... that is CA 120ish?? Looks more like 160-170 to me

No those aren't 120ish CA. What I meant was.. the general criteria of players that will be edited are those with 120 CA or more. Of course there is a formula to determine the CA.. A 190ish CA player will turn to 160ish CA and 180 to 150ish etc. :)
Messi and Villa right there are 160ish I believe. Messi being the most 'powerful' player in the whole database.

Koflok. I must admit that you're original is still the best for me. Top tactic. (H)

Yeah I do find that to be true also.
That's why I'm trying to modify the updated tactic as little as possible - just focusing on the defense - so that it can be better defensively. But it's difficult without ruining the offense power it has already got. The other version are failure basically :(

My results are still poor, but it may be because the wingers aint all that, and the only one really scoring is darren bent, and even thats not a lot! kenwyne jones is getting a few assists.

Maybe a new target man? i have Landon Donovan coming in January on a free!

Just had more funds made available, so target man suggestions wouldnt go a miss!

Last edited:
My results are still poor, but it may be because the wingers aint all that, and the only one really scoring is darren bent, and even thats not a lot! kenwyne jones is getting a few assists.

Maybe a new target man? i have Landon Donovan coming in January on a free!

Just had more funds made available, so target man suggestions wouldnt go a miss!
Pacey and accelaratey wingers are very important in this tac, because they havent got any help from other players in the pitch, and other tactics with attacking wingers not wide wingers, this is maybe obvious for others but this is what i noticed :p. Pacey poacher is very important too, i cant score without it =(

Back