Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
So do you always keep the strategy the same or do you change it against certain teams? Also in your original goals galore tactic do you change strategy at all? I mean control/standard etc. thanks

FIRST OF ALL.. Everyone must know this: I pretty much change the manual player instructions, changing just the control standard and all doesn't change much. You have to change it manually..

But in patch 10.1 I didn't change much on the attacking.. I kept attacking even against those hard games.. and only set to defensive when we're on the lead.

The changes I made were the tempo and passing and width mostly.. Of couse I took care the Opp. Instruction before every game.

One thing I notice just now is that the problem with conceding late is because our player is worn out due to quick tempo this tactic implement.. Therefore a careful and planned substitutions in necessary. Try to retain possession during last 5-10 minutes of the game.

rofl what a game, he took hat-trick from 3 screamers and he has 11 (long shots attribute),and hes only midfielder (not attacking). Also my DFM got first yellow card at 82m, second at 83m lmao ^^, hopefully we got draw at 95 minute from corner. Before i draw with liverpool 1-1, at home, not bad tho with this squad. Overall i think u cant find very very speciall tactic for this patch, its harder than usually was, so its solid tactic and better than kaskus,also need team to gel. I dont think original tactic work now at 10.2 patch.

Yeah due to deep d line it's pretty dangerous in terms of number of long shots.. Therefore the DMC is in charge of closing down those long shotters.

In my opinion, it's better to have long shot from opponent rather than through balls slicing our defense.

and yes it's harder in 10.2 patch.. Not because of anything but if you see the change log, SI stated that the scoring ratio is nerf-ed down (don't know what they tweak. maybe the one-on-one convertion chances or keeper is becoming better responsively or whatever) So higher scoring games are less frequent compared to the old patch.

Since the ori tactic didn't work for you, how bout the new one I just release?
Do try it for 5-6 games first so that it can gelled with the team before judging it critically :)

I'm still loving the old tactic :)

Last edited:
This is solid tactic as I said before, but nothing very special (:p). I will try original again for last 10 games this season, feedback soon :P

i'm using man utd....n i try ur tac, in a pre season i got high scoring record,but when the season start my rooney wouldnt score until up to 5 match in a row...the goal only came from vidic and ferdinand header....last season with my own tac rooney score 37 goal in EPL alone...i set rooney as a poacher n berba or dzoko as target man...i barely win or lose....what went wrong?...itry ur tac hoping to win premier league, with my own tac i manage to win champion league n FA cup but it cost me EPL though..

The changes I made were the tempo and passing and width mostly.. Of couse I took care the Opp. Instruction before every game.

Can you explain this further please? What do you do in Opp.Instruction? Ive never used it?

i'm using man utd....n i try ur tac, in a pre season i got high scoring record,but when the season start my rooney wouldnt score until up to 5 match in a row...the goal only came from vidic and ferdinand header....last season with my own tac rooney score 37 goal in EPL alone...i set rooney as a poacher n berba or dzoko as target man...i barely win or lose....what went wrong?...itry ur tac hoping to win premier league, with my own tac i manage to win champion league n FA cup but it cost me EPL though..

First of all you're mostly states how good your tactic did to you last season and ask me the problem of this tactic this season.
Then you ask me what went wrong. Since I'm no God, I don't know 'what went wrong' if you don't tell me yourself what's the main problem. I'm not the one who's watching the game.
Do you watch the game at all? If yes, then tell me like does the pass connecting, or is rooney just doesn't get the ball or whatever wrong you see on the pitch.

Because if you don't tell me.. how can I know to fix things up?

When all goes wrong, just go back to the original tactic.. i mean yours.

Can you explain this further please? What do you do in Opp.Instruction? Ive never used it?

Seriously you never use OI? I've posted this before. Do you want me to tell you all the instructions - which is a lot- I made and you'll just gonna implement it and loss the excitement of actually managing something in your team or you want to try it FOR THE FIRST TIME for the sake of fun in games? LOL

The one on the top of my head.

Dont tight mark speedy flairy wingers
Close down long shooter
Do all for single striker
Man mark wingers using FB and AMC using DMC
and the list goes on...

Seriously you never use OI? I've posted this before. Do you want me to tell you all the instructions - which is a lot- I made and you'll just gonna implement it and loss the excitement of actually managing something in your team or you want to try it FOR THE FIRST TIME for the sake of fun in games? LOL

The one on the top of my head.

Dont tight mark speedy flairy wingers
Close down long shooter
Do all for single striker
Man mark wingers using FB and AMC using DMC
and the list goes on...

Thanks, cant believe ive never noticed it, im with Inter at the moment and struggling to score goals, im doing ok though. my target man is playing terrible though, to be honest both my strikers are! How do you know what to change to with passing, width and tempo during a game? And when to change it?
And can you remeber where you posted about it before so i can have a read up. Cheers

Last edited:
i'd like to say your newest one's the dog's bollocks (it's a good thing!)! The kaskus one was really good too, but only tested it for two games.

Thanks, cant believe ive never noticed it, im with Inter at the moment and struggling to score goals, im doing ok though. my target man is playing terrible though, to be honest both my strikers are! How do you know what to change to with passing, width and tempo during a game? And when to change it?
And can you remeber where you posted about it before so i can have a read up. Cheers

What a shame.. Good thing you're using this tactic or you'll never know what OI is. LOL.

Well.. for the changes you have to read what the scout tells you if you do tell them to scout next opposition..

FOR EXAMPLE and this is what most people ignore. What I notice most is against lower team. They play defensively and tend to sit back and launch a counter attack.. This is one of the thing this tactic is vulnerable at if you don't got Zapata type of defenders. And honestly, a lot of testers doesn't give a **** about this thing. If they were careful enough to notice these things they'll know to play slower and shorter to retain possession and doesn't give the opp. any chance to counter attack due to our rash decision plays.

That's why at the beginning I don't really want to tell all the tweaks to people so that they can experience the joy and thrill of experimenting with the tactic instead of being feed like a baby.

Another thing new is the pre-match advice meeting. Attend them! Sometimes your ***. man will tell your directly to play slower or deeper or whatever.. It's up to you to do it or not, but if you're assman is a smart guy, just follow him.

Now about the strikers.. What seems to be the problem? Are they missing chances or just doesn't get any chances?

i'd like to say your newest one's the dog's bollocks (it's a good thing!)! The kaskus one was really good too, but only tested it for two games.

Thanks.. Learn a new word :) Hahas.
Mind telling us what's the result and problems, if any, so far?

What a shame.. Good thing you're using this tactic or you'll never know what OI is. LOL.

Well.. for the changes you have to read what the scout tells you if you do tell them to scout next opposition..

FOR EXAMPLE and this is what most people ignore. What I notice most is against lower team. They play defensively and tend to sit back and launch a counter attack.. This is one of the thing this tactic is vulnerable at if you don't got Zapata type of defenders. And honestly, a lot of testers doesn't give a **** about this thing. If they were careful enough to notice these things they'll know to play slower and shorter to retain possession and doesn't give the opp. any chance to counter attack due to our rash decision plays.

That's why at the beginning I don't really want to tell all the tweaks to people so that they can experience the joy and thrill of experimenting with the tactic instead of being feed like a baby.

Another thing new is the pre-match advice meeting. Attend them! Sometimes your ***. man will tell your directly to play slower or deeper or whatever.. It's up to you to do it or not, but if you're assman is a smart guy, just follow him.

Now about the strikers.. What seems to be the problem? Are they missing chances or just doesn't get any chances?

With the strikers a bit of both really, to be honest the whole attacking side of my sqaud is under performing. i always follow pre match meeting advice and all the other bits, its just when i get to the 60th min and still havent scored other than overload i dont know what to do. Im using goals galore original version.

My strikers are getting ratings below 6.5 every game, having loads of shots, just not scoring, balotelli target man and eto'o poacher

Last edited:
With the strikers a bit of both really, to be honest the whole attacking side of my sqaud is under performing. i always follow pre match meeting advice and all the other bits, its just when i get to the 60th min and still havent scored other than overload i dont know what to do. Im using goals galore original version.

My strikers are getting ratings below 6.5 every game, having loads of shots, just not scoring, balotelli target man and eto'o poacher

Well try the new version then.. Some say the original version don't work anymore.

So you say they miss one on one chances? or just shoting from distance?

Thanks.. Learn a new word :) Hahas.
Mind telling us what's the result and problems, if any, so far?

Same as before really; the DM keeps getting red carded, sometimes in one half. Still, far better than the other versions (aside from maybe the first one;p )

Also noted there's one helluva lot of players marking the back post during corners, any reason for this?

Yeah that's why change him on 60th minutes or something if he's already booked.
Or if your DM is that 'bad', set his tackling to normal.

Yeah the first one on the old patch is still hard to beat IMO..

Marking the back post? Try manually set them mate..
On the previous version my team seem to be vulnerable against corner kicks so I set it that way.
Defenders + Target man marks tall..
full backs on each post.
wingers and dmc marks man..

I just want to update a new set of new corner tweak that I just discovered.
Not the far post one..

Well try the new version then.. Some say the original version don't work anymore.

So you say they miss one on one chances? or just shoting from distance?

I dont know to be honest because i have the match on fast, ive changed to new tactic now, lost first game 1-0 at home to fiorentina, won second 3-1 away at Catania, Eto'o got a hat trick. With old tactic i got beaten 3-1 at home to genoa and palermo!!!!!! Ive got some catching up to do, juventus 8 points clear

Well try setting it on full bar - 2 or 3 to see what's going on..
Else I can't help you with anything.

Yeah that's why change him on 60th minutes or something if he's already booked.
Or if your DM is that 'bad', set his tackling to normal.

Yeah the first one on the old patch is still hard to beat IMO..

Marking the back post? Try manually set them mate..
On the previous version my team seem to be vulnerable against corner kicks so I set it that way.
Defenders + Target man marks tall..
full backs on each post.
wingers and dmc marks man..

I just want to update a new set of new corner tweak that I just discovered.
Not the far post one..

My DM's (Camacho) not that bad, check my thread. But he's pretty young, so he's still lacking mental attributes, so i'll change him. He managed to get sent off within the first half;p

Alright, i'll keep the corners like they are, was just wondering if it was on purpose=)

Great tactic, keep it up!=)

hehe homever old is better for me :P, old is real goalscoring tactic, more ccs = more goals, and FC's scoring a lot.

Still finding out for the right mix for defender..
Like man/zonal and all..

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

hehe homever old is better for me :P, old is real goalscoring tactic, more ccs = more goals, and FC's scoring a lot.

Well no doubt about it.. Even the full backs mentality for way up high.

Well try setting it on full bar - 2 or 3 to see what's going on..
Else I can't help you with anything.

It seems to me that you are an excellent tactician, and you obviously are very good at tweaking and getting things right, i am the complete opposite lol. I can never seem to get things to work, i guess some people are just naturals on this game

Southampton vs Millwall 3-2

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Yeovil vs Southampton 1-5

Back