Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
It seems to me that you are an excellent tactician, and you obviously are very good at tweaking and getting things right, i am the complete opposite lol. I can never seem to get things to work, i guess some people are just naturals on this game

Southampton vs Millwall 3-2

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Yeovil vs Southampton 1-5

Keep em coming.

Huddersfield vs Southampton 1-2

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Swidon vs SHouthampton 4-0 :(

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Southampton vs Brentford 3-0

Southampton vs Stoke 0-2
Now this was a real test for ur tactic and it failed it!

Oh yeah and the prediction was penalty shootout!

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

maybe post swindon's formation?
4-4-2

After claiming #1 in Blue Square South, my Bishop is on the Blue Square Premier..
Being predicted in 19th or so... this tactic is gonna be put on a real test.

Besides that.. I'm still using the original tactic on a side with a little tweak which works like a charm.

BUT I'M KEEPING THAT ONE TO MYSELF.. HAHAHAHAHAH. Lol jk. :)

Thanks for your help so far just two more questions...

1. do u play right footed wingers on right and left footers wingers on left, or do u put the right footed winger on the left so he cuts in and shoots?

2. does the original tactic of goals galore in the tactics section work wiv 10.02 or shud i be using a diff version of the tactic? cuz sumtimes the keeper saves shot after shot against me, and ive got drogba and anelka up front :S :S:S:S:S

thnks x

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Thanks for your help so far just two more questions...

1. do u play right footed wingers on right and left footers wingers on left, or do u put the right footed winger on the left so he cuts in and shoots?

2. does the original tactic of goals galore in the tactics section work wiv 10.02 or shud i be using a diff version of the tactic? cuz sumtimes the keeper saves shot after shot against me, and ive got drogba and anelka up front :S :S:S:S:S

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

oh sorry didnt realise how many times it posted:/

Use right footed winger on right and vice versa... Playing wide doesn't support cutting in.

Well depends really.. If you can tweak here and there, it will still work.. Mine is still.. I just beat a team 2 divisions above me 5-0 away from home. But if you just plug and play (sadly, that is what lately users do here lately) then it won't work.. I provide a version 5.3 and that should work with just little tweaking before matches.

oh okai. did you tweak ur original to be able to play on 10.02? and if yes wat did u do?

After claiming #1 in Blue Square South, my Bishop is on the Blue Square Premier..
Being predicted in 19th or so... this tactic is gonna be put on a real test.

Besides that.. I'm still using the original tactic on a side with a little tweak which works like a charm.

BUT I'M KEEPING THAT ONE TO MYSELF.. HAHAHAHAHAH. Lol jk. :)

How do you do it mate!!! Im so envious, i cant win competitions even with the big clubs, im really struggling to grasp the tactics side of it, beginning to wonder whether i ever will! And as for the original tactic with the little tweak, PLEASE share!!!! Lol

didn't work for me I'm afraid...first try game ended 0-0, my first game without scoring for years...but it's probably because i've been playing the same tactic for like 5 seasons, and so my players prob just wern't used to it..it doesn't suit my team, looks great for other people though

yeah:/ its not that i havnt tried makin tactics, they jst dont work wen i make them:s and i dont get the player duties bit at all:s

i need the help mate? im pretty much using the normal chelsea team and then bough hulk and amauri.

read my comment above this 2 mate :)

The thing is, there is so many different things you can do with your tactics, its so much more complicated than it used to be, but i guess some people find it more interesting. All you can do is keep experimenting, have you tried the Ancellotti tactic in the downloads section?

didn't work for me I'm afraid...first try game ended 0-0, my first game without scoring for years...but it's probably because i've been playing the same tactic for like 5 seasons, and so my players prob just wern't used to it..it doesn't suit my team, looks great for other people though

Well I don't know.. but I'm sure that's there a little something called 'adaptation period'? Where, if you've been using the same tactic for a long time - like 5 seasons - and suddenly change it.. especially in the middle of the season, against similar opponents, don't expect much from the first game. :P

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Okay so here's what's going on. I just re-read the tactical theorem.. the defend part.
I decided to give this tactic another go... the original that is.

So here's what I tweak.

Central Defense:
I lowered down the mentality of my defenders, both to defend.. Why? I found out the gap between stopper and cover defender allows enemy to slip in a deadly through ball.

Full Back
This is what most of the tweak occurs. Also lowered down their mentality. They were way too attacking. Now their mentality is right on the middle - fits right as they will both attack and defend. I also make them run from deep less, not just to avoid counter attack, but to provide passing options for DMC when he's holding the ball. I also make em to cross from deep. Obvious right? So that there are less ground to cover when they have to sprint back to defend. Oh yeah, the pass is shorter now so we can retain more possession, discovered this when I set the 'control' overall mentality on TI and it totally works.

The problem is, I saw the game and found that they don't close down wingers too much.. They do mark them, but when only they're on his own area. I see more my DMC run to the wingers to close them down more instead of the full backs - despite being closer to the opponent. A little confused here, should I just set them to man mark the wingers, or put more closing down or anyone got any better solution?

Both has its own disadvantage. Man marking the winger will get them drag out of place if they're roaming out of his area but effective to anticipate when they play less wide running cut inside (have seen this scenario, the running inside thingy). More closing down have the possibility of them loss focus of the winger and instead close down a player inside the box, leaving the winger unmarked (have seen this happen before as well.)

I REALLY NEED INPUT ON THIS.

Defensive Midfielder
Doesn't do much other than place him right between central defenders and full back so that plays are more flowing. Thinking about lowering his closing down as he frequently go wide to close down wingers instead of covering the middle pitch and stop plays from there. Anyone got any opinion on this?

Attacking players (Wingers, AMC, Target man and Poacher)
No major changes really. Just lower their mentality 1 bar. Not so that they play more defensively, but due to the changes on the back which makes them sit deeper, I just think it's appropriate to make the attacking players less way up the pitch. That way the ball movement can flow like Arsenal.

Poacher.
Specially for poacher.. I discovered this when I saw my target man getting a lot of through ball (after I set off run onto ball target man) - he makes more off the ball runs rather than when he is with the ball. As poacher is someone who is really good off the ball, I make him run with ball less (to mixed) and put him more run from deep to beat the offside trap (effective when you got those pacy strikers who likes to beat the offside trap). Instead of building up plays, his main focus is on finishing the play. But still, I see him contribute to link up plays now and then.

Target man and Poacher.
This is just a minor thing.. But will make them do more through ball be effective? I see my poacher and target man flick the ball to open space for a clear cut chance. Thinking if I do them more, maybe there will be more CCC? But I don't think I will do it since it will gave away the ball to much if you got bad passers.

So if anyone, not just my testers, all the master tactician.. Please give me an input. :)

Thanks a mill.

___

This one is for the current user, and hopefully future user..
I just played 4 games.. So far what I got is.
5-0 vs Blackburn (H)
3-0 vs Man Utd (A)
4-0 vs Lyon (N)
1-0 vs Newcastle (H) -> We got 6 CCC, Kuszcak was briliant, became MoM bloking 10 shots WTF

4 games. 13 scored. 0 conceded. Will see how it goes further.

Here's a screenie of how still dominating the original tactic is.. even in the new patch
awsm.jpg

*Side note: You guys do know Beckford right. A natural League 1 player, still able to constantly perform. Just thanks to his pace and off the ball running. :)

Last edited:
Koflok, your doing a great job man, really a credit to the game and this forum, but when you make changes can you save it and upload that version of the tactic?

Cheers mate, YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB!

LOL The irony.
When I provide a 3-4 liners that says there's a tactic that works like a charm, people suddenly posts a lot and want me to give out the tactic..

But when I provide a whole lotta line full of the tweaking and then provide a 3-4 liners of the result, nobody even care to even read it. :P

@PfcJase: Thanks. But I'm not ready to give the link out just yet.

hey koflok i am new here. i used the first Goalsgalore tactic you've uploaded and works really good. i use it only on games in which i play in a wide pitch: all home games and about half away games. i am on 2016 and seek only succes and better records. i say it cause i dont want your best tactic in defence but in attack. would you suggest me to try some other tactic of those you've uploaded? patch 10.1.

Beautiful thing about this tactic is when my players get a red card, they usually score 2 more goals..
If I get it, it is direct red one of two CBs, or DM. I don't take attackers out, i just continue playing.

Last edited:
hey koflok i am new here. i used the first Goalsgalore tactic you've uploaded and works really good. i use it only on games in which i play in a wide pitch: all home games and about half away games. i am on 2016 and seek only succes and better records. i say it cause i dont want your best tactic in defence but in attack. would you suggest me to try some other tactic of those you've uploaded? patch 10.1.

Well yeah.. That's what I've been thinking about the consistency.. There are away games which I dominates and there are some games that I don't and one thing come to my mind is the pitch.. This tactic uses a lot of space to exploit defence, so wide pitch is very very important.. In case of going against the opponent with small pitch (you can see this by reading the scout report which mostly says "players need to find space") make the width of the tactic to fully wide. That should work, I think.

On patch 10.1 I think the original is still the best.. I'm working on the new patch's version though.. It's almost finished and improved defensively without affecting the offense much.

Back