Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
Thank you for posting that Lef.
Yesterday I can't reply much.. but it's not a bad result really..
Still can't release the new tactic yet since I've been making a lot of chances lately..

Too confused about the marking part..

Gonna test with Zonal marking + closing down on the middle for DC..
Was even thinking to play narrow.. But I don't supposed it will be beneficial, will it?

I would continue to play narrow... my def seems a lot less vulnerable when i play narrow. Then again, your results prove me wrong...

The results aren't bad, but they got worse, lol... Seems it doesn;t work that well...
With your tactic i'm having really hard time with teams playing 442, plain, normal, 442...teams who sit inside and play on counter...doesn't matter if i play narrow and quick, normal and normal or slow and wide..or other 6 combinations...

Last edited:
Yeah it's hard against those defensive counter teams..
What I recommend is play slow and wide.. with deeper defense line.

i got preston promoted in my first season, struggled to do anything so far in the prem looking at relegation..so far these tactics havent paid off for me...3-2 defeat against man c...3-2againt tottenham an 4-1 against birmingham who are also struggling to stay up...

Tbh, losing to city and tott isn't something to be ashamed off.. tott has probably the best team in the league....

just lost 2-4 at home to Arsenal. Just seemed like my players rushed the[FONT=&quot]ir passes and couldn't get the ball forward.
[/FONT]

Sorry to say that this tactic might not always work well in the new patch..
Not just the tactic but it is any tactic with wingers really.. Appreantly SI has screwed up the marking system for AI's fullback which marks wide players WAY TOO MUCH and pretty much killed winger role from any sort of tactic.

I got this reply from a guy from SI.
It's a little thing called Patch 10.2, which has sadly killed off the Winger for the moment.

It is next to impossible to create a tactic which utilises Wingers (or, in fact, any type of player in the AMR/AML position, including Inside Forwards.)

Patch 10.3 may address this, because as far as I can tell this is the only major issue that needs addressing, alongside a probably free-kick bug.

SO.. for the time being.. Just bare with me.. I will be releasing a tactic which is 'better' from the original tactic with improvement of the defense. And that will be the final tactic for the time being. Any further constructions will be done after the patch 10.3.

And for the time being.. I will be developing a Barcelona-style of playing which is the opposite of this tactic you can say.

Honestly I don't know.
I have some people said that the original still works really well.. with a little tweaking I posted on previous page.
Some, suprsingly, said the 10.3 beta works.
I have success with the v6 which I'm going to release a little bit. Having unbeaten whole season averaging 3 goals / game and conceded 0.5 goal/game

So.. what I can recommend right now is to use the original one with tweaking I posted on page 21 or 22.. (it's easy to spot.. a very long post from me)

Kof, so what's with poacher playing wide? winger playing to defensive?

Kof, so what's with poacher playing wide? winger playing to defensive?

Sorry but what do you mean?
Is that refers to a post of mine?

Guys ignore my post about ineffectiveness of winger earlier..

I THINK I just found the right setting to them..
Need more test though.. They began to perform like they did in the old patch..
What a delight. Finally my target man is getting hatrick from open play crossing like he used to. :)

Last edited:
I meant about your earlier question in some earlier post, yes. You asked if my poacher was going wide? What's the setting with wingers?
I'm not gonna dl new patch in the middle of the season if tactic isn't as good. :P
Waiting for season to end, then before new regens pop, i'll install new patch..Supposedly more regens appear in lower league clubs, which is great

Oh that one.. LOL sorry I have very short term memory.
Yeah if your poacher is going wide just change his cross from mixed to rarely. But if not, just let him like that as he will feed the target man through some crosses.

The changes with wingers are a lot.. as it is including with the team instructions and all..

I'll gonna release it directly. My Walcott has been banging assist like he used to now. Very awesome

Yeah you can just wait the season to end, using my original tactic with some tweaking similar to the one you did on the tactic you gave me.

When the new season arrives, update to the new patch and test the tactic which I'm going to release..

Okay mate?

No problem at all. Btw, in december now, cardozo is 32, has 14 app 3 goals... I dunno wtf is going on...atm. Aguero at one point had 8 games -8 goals, now 16 games- 8 goals... I absolutely adore when things like that start happening. hahaha

-
Btw, does anyone here know why are coaches CONSTANLY being poached by other clubs. No matter if they are lower, similar or better reputation. Is it bug or normal? I can understand that one leaves from tott to man utd, chelsea or arsenal, but to bolton!? Not to say i won everything you could in last 4 seasons. I just can't see why it is happening...

Last edited:
I don't know about the coaches.. Probably they got low loyalty stats.

Well Cardozo is aging so its just natural that he past his best...
Currently I got Necid (and sometimes my regen youth) with Paloschi duet.. It's been quite well..
Paloschi got 11 goals in 11 games. No beckford yet, but he's still new so probably it need adapting time.

Set everything up as per the screenshots, my Hull City side went 2-0 up against Arsenal at home within 20 minutes before drawing 2-2. The next game away at Fulham saw them thumped 5-1, the juries waiting for the third game result...........................

Set everything up as per the screenshots, my Hull City side went 2-0 up against Arsenal at home within 20 minutes before drawing 2-2. The next game away at Fulham saw them thumped 5-1, the juries waiting for the third game result...........................

Sorry but what's thumped? Well you should give it a try for some games before it adapts to your team though especially if you're not using it from pre season..

Just an addition.. If you are the underdog and up against a stronger opponent, you might want to operate more defensively in 2nd half.

Koflok, im on here for a couple of hours, and im about to start a new game with a lower league side, do you want me to test version 6.0 and post on here the results?

Better yet. I'll send you v7.0 which I'm working on currently. Before I do that, just giving a heads up that its not quite finish yet..

And when using rubbish defender maybe turn off tight marking might work. I'll PM you the link in a second

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Thats my last post for today and Im gonna go to sleep now.

Kof signing out :P

Back