Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
Sorry guys still no update today. Busy all day - watching Boys Like Girls concert in Jakarta :D

The good thing is.. the tactic is almost done though.

played my first game and lost 2-0 to ******* Exeter!!
whats am i doing wrong?

See see this is the kind of post I absolutely hate.
If you guys were me.. what would you reply to this kind of user?
Asking me what's wrong but don't tell me anything at all. What do I suppose to know in his freakin game? :D
I expect a n00b in this sort of thing.

See see this is the kind of post I absolutely hate.
If you guys were me.. what would you reply to this kind of user?
Asking me what's wrong but don't tell me anything at all. What do I suppose to know in his freakin game? :D
I expect a n00b in this sort of thing.

Ignorance is a blessings koflok. Just simply ignore it, he/she/it deserves no attention of yours.

Can't wait for the new fun tactics!

Cheers!

Game version: 10.2.0
Tactic version: Goals Galore 2010 (Leeds, Nov 2012)

I started a new game and decided to use your tactic. I am playing Sportul, in Romanian Second League. I consider the true test of a tactic comes when playing small teams.

I got promoted the first season, no biggie. I had a great squad anyway (I'm brilliant when it comes to transfers). Now, second season, First Division, I am 4th and had a 8 or 9 matches unbeaten run.

16 matches: 9W 4D 3L 30-15

Now I may not score as much as other teams, but my defense is pretty good, actually one of the best in the leagues. That's because I don't have really good strikers, so I need to play more defensively. First off, the strategy is Control at Home matches and Counter at Away matches. My strikers have closing down set to always, so they put pressure on their defense all the time. If I see the other team has too much possession or has chances, I start the "retain possession" thingy during the match.

Most of the time I end up banging one in the second half and winning 1-0 or 2-1.

If I go down 1-0 or 2-0 at half time I switch to control, the AM becomes an Inside Forward and the DM a deep lying playmaker, That usually wins me the game.

Now, I got a question for you. My strikers as I said aren't great, so I am using one as Target Man and the other as Attacking Forward. The problem is that the Attacking Forward one rarely scores, should I change his role or anything? Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,
H3IId0g

PS. Don't mind all the noobs that start complaining about the tactics, as I said, there is no such thing as Plug&Play tactics anymore, so they just simply suck. :)

First of all thanks for actually trying the tactic. Love how you don't just plug n play. :)

Not a bad results, although not extraordinary, you got considering you're a newly promoted team.

Now I don't really remember about that version that much but I do know closing down for attacking players is a good thing and have been tweaked on further versions.

For the strikers, I think I've tweaked the poacher player instructions so I don't think it changes that much when you set them to AF. Maybe try to make him run with ball less so that he'll just focus on off the ball and better positioning - like Inzaghi. Lowering down the overall creative freedom on the team might be a good idea as well for lower teams like you're having.

Alternatively, you can invest in better strkers. Find some bargains strikers. :D

Cheers.

Knocking goals in for fun... Beat Torino 6-0 away from home and with 10men :P

Great tactic

Nice. are you on the new patch?
and which version of tactic are you using?

Really? Your Celtic yes?
Well I was gonna said that changing the tactic to counter might be effective on harder games.
Although I haven't used that extensively.

Still working on defense.. as it still leaked goals from Fabregas-to-VanPersie-like through balls.

So if anyone have any suggestion on that, do post it here. thanks.

Aye, was a tremendous score. Played against AC Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Benfica; beat Arsenal and Benfica 2-1 and 3-1, respectively. Drew 2-2 with Liverpool, came from behind 0-2 down. Lost 1-2 to Milan and Chelsea. Mind i was missing a few good attackers as all my targetmen were out.

The problem seemed that the second you got stuck under pressure you couldn't get out of your own half; the players just belted the ball up the park where my attackers never seemed to be able to latch on to. Not tested counter yet, but i will!=)

Also, with the DM cards: Mental stats are the clue, definitely. Camacho, who's young, can get sent off even if he's subbed on in the 60th minute (He was on the pitch for more or less exactly 20 minutes before being sent off in my last game). De la Red, whom i'm also using, is solid and even though he does get a yellow card, it's far rarer than with the younger players.

**** I accidentaly edited the tactic page on Download Tactics section and now its gone. Can anyone powerful help me on that? :D
__

@Chaz: Yeah mental plays an important factor for your DM to whether get a card or not - especially due to the decision attribute.as well as anticipation, etc.

Well I actually got tired of tweaking around and so here I just gonna post the new version of the tactic which hopefully is an improvement from the last one.

So here you go..

Download Goals Galore 2010 v9 New!

Info on 1st page.

Last edited:
**** I accidentaly edited the tactic page on Download Tactics section and now its gone. Can anyone powerful help me on that? :D
__

@Chaz: Yeah mental plays an important factor for your DM to whether get a card or not - especially due to the decision attribute.as well as anticipation, etc.

Well I actually got tired of tweaking around and so here I just gonna post the new version of the tactic which hopefully is an improvement from the last one.

So here you go..

Download Goals Galore 2010 v9 New!

Info on 1st page.

i'll test it immediately! Does it include the corner update?

Yes. That's why I'm saying to put the header defender on left. He will be the main scorer.
Mertesacker (Jumping 20 Heading 17) got like 20 or so goals in my game.

Cheers for the fast update.

You guys can download the file right? Because I can't :(
From here that is : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1422&act=down

Anyone try to click it please and see whether it can download or not.

My tactic page is freakin gone from the download tactic section. as well as the 'Most Popular Files' on the right -->
:(

Anyone try to click it please and see whether it can download or not.

cant

Ok thx.
Hopefully the mods are just reviewing it as said.

Sad though the count starts at 0 again. :P

Well.. just download from the mediafire link. Hopefully the tactic works in this patch.

Im rather pessimistic though with the wingers bug and all.

Back