Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

Once i hand my dissertation in on Thursday i'll give the new tactic a thorough going over=)

What is it you want; opposition tactics, match stats and score? Any assistant manager feedback?
Okay mate thanks.

Honestly I don't really need detailed screenies if you're having success with the tactic. But posting some matches and stats wouldn't hurt. You can just give direct feedback like what you found good and which one that can be improved like zhuzai87 has posted.

It's when the tactic don't work is where I need to see the screenies, match stats especially. Because I won't be able to answer "wtf is wrong?" without seeing given any information that can be analyzed, right? :p

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Post something like this.
A split screen, one is your team's formation and the other one is match stats.
Here's an example.
splitscreen.jpg

The Nottm Forrest and Barnsley game please. As those are two matches that stands out.

Ok thanks. I'll just gonna take a look at it both tomorrow morning (now it's 2am here :p)

Waited for your other game but since there's no screen Im just gonna analyze the one you posted then.

First of all I don't know whether your the favourites in that season, the players and stuffs, and how the season has shapen up so I apologize if I made the wrong assumptions.

In that game particular, statistic-wise, you're actually the 'better side'.

You dominated possession.
While they have more shots, most of them are long shots which is what this tactic 'forces' the opponent to do.
And most importantly, you had freakin 8 CCCs which is way more than enough. So basically I can't say much that this tactic fails.

There are some reasons why you can't seem to work with this.
1. You switched into this tactic half season. This always a bad idea IMO. Period. Need way more than 5-6 games for adapting period which usually is done pre-season.
2. Your run before using the tactic itself isn't that 'great' either - apart from performing well at home. So I don't know maybe the morale is down. That is one reason why they can't convert those CCCs.
3. I wouldn't blame the incompatible of your player with this tactic. But I can't say that much.. a tactic should be able to work on every condition of team preferably so you can scratch this one out.
4. This tactic simply don't work.. for you team.

It's up to you really to conclude which one is the main reason but thanks anyway for testing it out. If you think you're team better suit with your own tactic than switch it back or if you are curious you can try it out next season or something.

Cheers

Hey Koflok, i've tested out your tactic and it seems to be working pretty well with my Everton save, i would like to try it out on my current game as Poole Town which is a level 10 team. I will let you know how it goes as it seems i will need to tinker about with it a little. I will keep you updated on my progress

Nice. I was looking forward for someone to play it around on a very low team.
What might be useful is to limit the creative freedom and play around the long shot as I really prohibited it much while it seems to work well on LLM.

I'm doing really well with my Bishop. Now in BSP and although predicted as 24th, I'm banging more goals than everyone else and fighting for a promotion place. :)

I'll have to play around with the long shooting as i think alot of my attacking players only have around 6/7 ratings lol, also they dont have much in regards to creativity either so its gunna be a tough one, but, i will stick with it as it'll be interesting to see if this tactic will work for such a low ranked team.

Its gunna be an interesting ride :D. I'm just about to start pre season so it'll be good to nail this formation into my teams head and see how they get on. Also gunna see about getting a parent club so i can get some half decent players on loan as i start with £0 for my transfer budget and only around £475 wage budget :'(

Wich of your tactics do you recommend me using with Chelsea in season 1? Thanks!

another wonderful result on this tactics! gonna start a new team with leeds! and see how it goes!

Hey, I used your newest version for my ManU save (10v6). I worked quite well but I have a question. I tend to get many draws against small team. And the performance of my team seem to be inconsistent. They win 3 consecutive games then draw for the next 3 game =.= against medium and small teams. Even though I hardly lost but got so many draws. As you said in the instruction, I do have attend pre match advise meeting, right? If my assistant said that the opponent tends to struggle against formation for example 4 5 1, do I have to switch it to 4 5 1 and change every player instruction or I just need to change the formation and keep all player and team instruction.
Thanks alot
By the way, it's a good tactics

Its gunna be an interesting ride :D. I'm just about to start pre season so it'll be good to nail this formation into my teams head and see how they get on. Also gunna see about getting a parent club so i can get some half decent players on loan as i start with £0 for my transfer budget and only around £475 wage budget :'(
Haha what a wage budget. Mou will be stressed out with that kind of money :p
Yeah its always a good idea to loan youth players when you're in that kind of team,
So hows it doing so far?

Wich of your tactics do you recommend me using with Chelsea in season 1? Thanks!
If you're using patch 10.1, use the v3 one
But if youre updated with 10.2 patch, use the v9 (newest)

another wonderful result on this tactics! gonna start a new team with leeds! and see how it goes!

WTF 11 CCCs?8-|

Hey, I used your newest version for my ManU save (10v6). I worked quite well but I have a question. I tend to get many draws against small team. And the performance of my team seem to be inconsistent. They win 3 consecutive games then draw for the next 3 game =.= against medium and small teams. Even though I hardly lost but got so many draws. As you said in the instruction, I do have attend pre match advise meeting, right? If my assistant said that the opponent tends to struggle against formation for example 4 5 1, do I have to switch it to 4 5 1 and change every player instruction or I just need to change the formation and keep all player and team instruction.
Thanks alot
By the way, it's a good tactics
Yes its because youre using a big team with high rep.
AI tend to play defensive counter against big teams and it counters most fast-direct attacking tactic as this one.
If you're up against way smaller teams who will tend to put men on their penalty box and rigid on defense and attack only on counters, I have said this like a million times,
1. Play lower tempo
2. Shorten your passing.
3. Make width wider
4. Roam from position more
5. Make d-line deeper

The idea behind this is to keep the ball as long as possible and try to break that opp's defense. One way or another their players will get dragged out from position and space will open up for your creative player to exploit. That way you'll win the game. Oh yeah the deeper d line is just to anticipate their counter attacks as they usually put a fast forward up front.

Very inconsistent, this tactic for me. At Blackburn, Id beat some, lose to others, and always concede at least 2 goals. Lost to West Brom 3v2 in the cup Semi's too.

Just booted up a new game with Juve, and the pre-set 4-3-1-2 my Assistant was playing was killing opponents, but as AC Milan came up, I decided to take charge with this tactic, and it ended 2v0 to me.

The week after against Inter, 2v0 loss. And the worst thing is that Juve didnt ask me to change the Pitch Dimensions.

Very inconsistent, this tactic for me. At Blackburn, Id beat some, lose to others, and always concede at least 2 goals. Lost to West Brom 3v2 in the cup Semi's too.

Just booted up a new game with Juve, and the pre-set 4-3-1-2 my Assistant was playing was killing opponents, but as AC Milan came up, I decided to take charge with this tactic, and it ended 2v0 to me.

The week after against Inter, 2v0 loss. And the worst thing is that Juve didnt ask me to change the Pitch Dimensions.

As for me if the pre-meeting don give any advice on pitchs etc etc i would predict myself.
Once u get use with this tactics u know when u should play Fast tempo when to play narrow etc etc. furthermore, its a new tactics to your team so give it sometime to gel up. trust me. i been using it for my liverpool saves for 4 seasons now. and its owning. started a new game with leeds atm..

Btw.. koflok. i have something to ask for this tactics. im using leeds now but i do pretty awesome with normal teams or smaller but when it comes to bigger team i would lost like 3-1. i will post a match stats up later on. hope u could help out. but i think is my players they suck so badly lol. my best player is only Kikin!

Last edited:
I switched to the newest version. 8-|

Last season I got 11 matches: 7W 3D 1L 25-8. I finished third, 2 points behind the champion. I drew the last match so I lost the championship. :S

This season I decided to continue with the tactic, so I did a pre-season of testing. Good results in friendlies.

Now I just started the new season. 4 games, 4 wins, 7-0. Now that's impressive! (H)

These are my statistics before the winter break: 9W 5D 4L, I scored 39 goals and conceded 29!!! 29 freakin' goals! (that considering the fact that I had the best defense last season)

I have almost the same squad as last year (so they are well blending together), I have set the pitch size to maximum, I am good with team talks, the team's morale is very good so I seriously don't understand what the problem is.

The opponent ALWAYS scores with through balls, I don't think there is a match where that didn't happen.

Have you tried using the offside trap?

I am starting to believe that this tactic is only for big teams.

unireasportul.jpg

PS. And as I said before, screens with Liverpool winning the Premier League are pointless. Any 10 year old with a random tactic can do that, to say that a tactic is good you need to test it with small teams :D

Last edited:

I appreciate as you, although basically this tactic dont work, but doesn't ask whats up.
That way I don't have to bother to help out yes?
Sorry mate but this probably not the tactic for you. :)

As for me if the pre-meeting don give any advice on pitchs etc etc i would predict myself.
Once u get use with this tactics u know when u should play Fast tempo when to play narrow etc etc. furthermore, its a new tactics to your team so give it sometime to gel up. trust me. i been using it for my liverpool saves for 4 seasons now. and its owning. started a new game with leeds atm..

Btw.. koflok. i have something to ask for this tactics. im using leeds now but i do pretty awesome with normal teams or smaller but when it comes to bigger team i would lost like 3-1. i will post a match stats up later on. hope u could help out. but i think is my players they suck so badly lol. my best player is only Kikin!

That's the dificulty of playing with smaller teams: playing the big boys :p

Well you can try to play counter and less width. It operates more defensively. Also make the fullback as defend instead of attack/support.

These are my statistics before the winter break: 9W 5D 4L, I scored 39 goals and conceded 29!!! 29 freakin' goals! (that considering the fact that I had the best defense last season)

I have almost the same squad as last year (so they are well blending together), I have set the pitch size to maximum, I am good with team talks, the team's morale is very good so I seriously don't understand what the problem is.

The opponent ALWAYS scores with through balls, I don't think there is a match where that didn't happen.

Have you tried using the offside trap?

I am starting to believe that this tactic is only for big teams.

unireasportul.jpg

PS. And as I said before, screens with Liverpool winning the Premier League are pointless. Any 10 year old with a random tactic can do that, to say that a tactic is good you need to test it with small teams :D

Well i wouldnt say random tactic would work. Have you not seen the 'help tactic for man city' etc kind of threads around? lol

Well you can say that this tactic doesn't work for small teams its up to you but I've been doing really well with my Bishops. If you don't know they are a team in Blue Square South and now I'm sitting at Coca Cola League 2. I think it's more into the difficulty of the game. It forces user to tweak it around according to the difference conditions, opponents, pitch, etc.

One problem using smaller team is that the player itself sometimes cant perform like a normal player do. It is good for testing tactic, true, but there's a random factor when they play like **** in the pitch despite the tactic tell them otherwise.

Tactic-wise for the through balls, to be honest that is one weakness I can't cope that much. I know smaller width will do good but it will distract the offense. Now as I said this is an attacking tactic, focusing on scoring. So dont expect clean sheets everytime.

I conceded 0.5/goals per game in my Leeds save but that is because I'm the creator therefore I tweak it in every conditions. Now I'm not gonna tell everything as it is almost impossible to be told and why would you want to play a game where the whole point is experimenting by just doing what other people tell you to do right?

What you said is probably might be effective when you got good defense with decent pace and teamwork. Push up d line + offside trap. You can try it if you want to :)

Other than that, you do score a lot as promised right?
__

Thinking about closing this thread. Kinda bored with all of this ^^)

I didn't meant to criticize the tactic mate, I just wanted to provide some feedback! :)

The ''PS'' wasn't refering to you, but to those guys that are really excited that they won CL with Chelsea or World Cup with Brazil. ;)

And from my experience, I can say that in my opinion this tactic is for big teams. Or at least teams that have players to play an exact, fast and spectacular football. The way I see it, you need pacey, creative players with this tactic. And reaaaaaally good defense.

By small teams I mean teams in low rep countries/leagues. I went in Europe with Port Vale in 5 seasons too, no biggie, cause in England you receive a lot of prize money and the rep of the country or the league alone allows you to bring really good players even tho' your budget isn't sky rocketing.

I really appreciate the work you've put into the tactic, and I repeat. It is a great tactic, but it is for big teams, with players capable of playing that kind of football. :)

I think I will stick to my rigid, counter attacking type of play when managing small teams. :p

Oh. No prob even if you criticize mate. I was just didn't agree on the 'PS' part as I tested most of my tactics on lower teams or at least underdogs. Sorry if I sounded rude or something.

Yeah probably a fast team is prefered, even on lower teams I tend to buy players with pace without noticing it. That's prob why I have better success.. my player suits with the fast-paced play this tactic emply. Yes as the tactic is basically attacking minded, people might need good defense if they wishes

Probably yes, for a very weak team with crappy players, those kind of tactic would suitbetter.

I wanna try my hometown club Persija Jakarta if I have the time. That would be some challenge.