Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

What the **** is going on with my team ? :(

Look at the latest results:

Chelsea is like top of my current season...

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

hey what training schedule are you guys using? or its customized?

@iamfengxiao : Well yes I understand your high expectations. But what I want to point out is you have to think the other factors. One factor is the gelling part like Bahumat said - there's language, personality, playing style, teamwork, etc. Not all good players can bond as one team and vice versa.

If I may ask.. what is your expectations exactly? Scoring at least 5 goals a game?

Your results have shown averaging 3 or so goals per game and you're still not satisfy with it. I mean.. if that's not good enough - not wanting to sound rude here but - you can try out another tactic here and there that can outdo the extremely high expectations.

Even a squad like Real Madrid in real life can't score 3 goals pergame. What I want to point out is the 'realistic' side of the game. I mean if you got the 'perfect' tactic and began to dominate every opponent what's so ever. How fun do you expect the game to be?

Back to the tactic discussion.. To break down ultra-defensive 4-5-1 formation with compact midfielder and box full of defender.. Alhtough I haven't tried it yet...
Try to play wider and slower tempo.
The logic behind the idea is to exploit more spaces from the wide play and with better build up, there is a chance that the opponent will close down forcefully and get out of his position - enabling your attacker to create a chance in that space.

What the **** is going on with my team ? :(

Look at the latest results:

Well yes you haven't lost but if I were you I will be very disapointed as well..
May I see your squad and match stats of 1 of the game?

Yes ! I'm playing now with Fulham..if I don't win this game i will be sacked from Chelsea.

I will post the screens in a few mins.

Edit:

Here..match stats:
2em0hea.png

I won the game 3-1 so I will remain at Chelsea for a few games.

My team:
2wqtwmb.png

Drogba/ Dzeko
Suarez/ Balotelli

Edit: Again..a bad result against Tottenham could seal my fate :(

Oh..WTF ?!?! It's 2-0 for Tottenham at half-time. At this score i'm sacked :D

Last edited:
koflok
are you going to tweak the corner instructions soon? i only scored 1 from corner like in 15games or its just me?

Corner set to far post.
Best header far post
Strong defender(or target man whoever has better str and jumping) on challange keeper
Target man (or the other defender) on near post.

Will be released soon with the tweaked defense.

The continuation of the popular, fluid-attacking tactic 'Goals Galore' series on the whole-wide... web :p

GOALS GALORE 2010 v3

Download Goals Galore 2010 v3.1 --> up & banging
Download Goals Galore 2010 v3.2 --> Removed due to.. inability to compete with the v3.1 :D PM me if you want to try it anyway.
*Be sure to tell me which version you are using when posting results*

Introduction
Well after two highly anticipated version of tactics - the 'original' Goals Galore & Goals Galore 2009 - I initially thought 'hey either they already know all about it or they'll just gonna skip it anyway' so I decided to write none.

But after 30,000 miliseconds of thinking, I decided to write one anyway since I am such a nice manager (and I still have 3 months to kill before college kicks in).

So basically, Goals Galore 2010 is the 3rd edition of the series made for Football Manager 2010. It is your you-score-one-I'll-score-fckin-three-or-eight kind of tactic where offense is the main philosophy of the whole tactic.

It's no Joga-Bonito in one way and yes in some way. Joga Bonito can't be used for lowly skilled teams and that's not the tactic I want to give out. It's more of a build from the back using quick-passing and exploit spaces with unbelievably pretty flick, though balls and efficient runnings. Sounds nice, eh? I know! I think of it just and I totally write it. (WTF?!) LOL. But it's kinda true though that's why should try it.

Joking aside (though I haven't joke one bit), Goals Galore 2010 will offer an exciting display of football and whole lotta goals coming your way from middle, right, left, long-outs, and, if lucky, from your own penalty box. :devil:

Oh yeah, I would recommend your players to be fast. Slow players are welcome, but fast playing is so much better to watch, for me at least. Well, more on players description later.

Continuing from that...

teamins.jpg

Formation 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 Diamond)
position.jpg

So far tested with Aston Villa and Leeds United.
Results:
-> Aston Villa 1st season :
EPL Champion,
UEFA Europa League
result1.jpg

-> Leeds United :
Champions Coca Cola League and Coca Cola Championship by far.
1st season on EPL finished at 2nd place.
Currently into the beginning of 5th season and on a 10 league games consecutive winning streak.
recentd.jpg

Player recomendations:
GK : You know it already :geek:

DR/DL (Full Back - Automatic) : The initial path of attacks as usually keeper distribute ball quickly to them. Must be able to attack complementing the wingers as well as defense when needed.
Key atributes : Pace, Marking, Tackling, Dribbling, Crossing/Passing, Work Rate, Stamina

DC (Central Defender left - Defend) : Sweeps balls that slice the defence and tightly marking the guy who runs off the shoulder
Key attributes: Anticipation, Marking, Acceleration, Tackling, Concentration

DC (Central Defender right - Defend): The rock solid defender who 'completes' the other one.
Key atributes: Heading, Jumping, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration

DMC (Defensive Midf - Defend) : Stops attack on midfield and quickly distribute to creative midf or directly to forward.
Key attributes: Tackling, Work Rate, Decision, Stamina, Strength, Concentration. Acceleration and Heading are optional.

ML/MR (Winger - Attack) : Exploit the flanks with its Walcottlike speed, drawing attention of the defence and feed it to the middle and when they get the chance sometimes cuts inside. Will get a lot of assists and some goals as well.
Key attributes: Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Balance, Off the Ball

AMC (Attacking Midfielder - Attack) : My fav position. The maestro of the field who will dictate tempo and set the plays of the team. Creative attacking midfielder who can assist and score . My Buonanotte (see pictures below) scores and destroys defense with its through balls weeks in weeks out. The playmaker.
Key attributes: Dribbling, Creativity, Flair, Passing, First Touch, Decision, decent Off the Ball. Pace and long shot will make it more effective.

FC (Target Man - Attack) : Cardozo/Dzeko type of player. Need to be strong and good with the head to 'complete' plays to the other striker. Being able to score from distance is always a good thing.
Key attributes: Heading, Jumping, Strength, Finishing, Anticipation. Long shot is optional.

FC (Poacher) : The obvious finisher. Pacy-Agbonlahor-tipe or complete-Hulk-like (no, not the green one, the guy from porto). Must be able to run off the ball well as well as anticipate through balls coming from.. well everywhere! The run-onto-ball target man.
Key attributes:[/b]Acceleration, Pace, Finishing, Off the ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Agility, Dribbling, Balance.

*I think* the attributes are in order of importance with first written as the most important.

IMPORTANT!!!!
•Well the players doesn't have to be that specific. Those are just recommendations.
Although I must say the pacy wingers, DMC and header forward are the key players in the team.
• If your poacher isn't pacy.. don't use target man
• If your AMC ability sucks a*$.. don't use playmaker

Some more pictures! Matches and stats
result1_o9q.jpg

result2_7o3.jpg

result3_HJC.jpg

result4_T37.jpg

stats1_HU4.jpg

stats2_988.jpg

stats3_o3G.jpg

and many more that I'm too lazy to look through.
PS. Thrasing Burnley, QPR or similar teams with the score 6-1 or something IS NOT something tactician should post as a 'prove' that their tactic is awesome. *Unless you are using a team from BSQ

Download Goals Galore 2010 v3.1 --> up & banging
Download Goals Galore 2010 v3.2 --> Removed due to.. inability to compete with the v3.1 :D PM me if you want to try it anyway.

CHANGE LOGS:
v3.2 :
Tweaked defensive instructions on CB
Corner instructions improvement
Other minor changes here and there
v3.1 Original version

Some testimonials... given for the first ones who tries it. :)

!
Thanks! :)

Anyhoo..
Give it a try and hopefully makes your team awesome by that much.

Thanks.
koflok.

P.S. Give your team some time to adapt this tactic. More especially if you are implementing it halfway through the season.

Post comments here too! :)

Do not distribute without my permission.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Hey, i´m tryin it out with my Sunderland squad,. But i am losing too much though :( .,
When i watch the game si have like no possession at all. Maybe I should change the tempo on the passing?

pls help me out. or gimme a tip. feels like i tried everything.

GK.Gordon - LB Filipe - CBL A.Ferdinand - CBR M.Turner - RB Nosworthy

DMC - L. Cattermole
LM K. Richardson RM S. Malbranque

OMC - P Reid

ATT- D. Bent ATT- Gignac

think i pressed wrong button,.,new on this site.. ::S

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Hey, i´m tryin it out with my Sunderland squad,. But i am losing too much though
sad.gif
When i watch the game si have like no possession at all. Maybe I should change the tempo on the passing?

DMC - L. Cattermole

OMC - P Reid

ATT- D. Bent ATT- Gignac

think i pressed wrong button,.,new on this site.. ::S

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Hey, i´m tryin it out with my Sunderland squad,. But i am losing too much though
sad.gif

DMC - L. Cattermole

OMC - P Reid

ATT- D. Bent ATT- Gignac

Try Hancuryahudi's My Man Utd in FM 2010 Patch 10.1 if you are having trouble with this, this requires much tweaking.

where do i find this?

aha i see. yeah, I feel like i´m stuck with it now. tweaked but no streak :p

aah. sweet. i will check it up...

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

are you using this tactic? the one thats not workin forme i mean.

aahaa. wutz your individual settings on the wingers?
cuz when i play i ahve like no posseisson, and no pressure and movement. even though they have good attributes on that and its more freedom

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

on goalgalore i mean then

i don't remember having this thread as advertising ad for another tactic or something...

iamfengxiao have you been doing fine? found that 5 goals a match tactic yet? hahas

__

not pointing fingers here.. but if you do feel like being pointed that it's your fault.
but i want my thread to be just about my tactic.. i know its egoistic but again it's my thread.

the reason behind is that i was hoping to get feedbacks in form of results, recommendations, and any constructive inputs.. so that i can perfect this far-from-perfect tactic. even if the tactic is giving 'bad' (or not achieving your unrealistic expectation) please do give the screenshot or your analysis so that can be fixed.

*begin to thinking about early retirement on creating tactics..

___

oh yeah Chris thanks for your posts and the update on your team. You've been contributing a lot of nice inputs and a updated results, in this thread. Feel free to post any problems you find in the top flight. It's gonna be tougher there so this tactic can be really put to the test

Last edited:
downloaded it for Derby, used it for two games in the Prem, scored 2 conceded 5, might as well have not used it.

and don't say its my squad, my team has good players in it, we just can't do anything, GoalsGalore or not.

edit: oh yeah, if anyone knows why this isn't doing well, give me some feedback...

Last edited:
One loss was 3-2 against Chelsea I can understand that but we drew 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield which I was delighted with. My other loss was 2-0 to Bolton so I may need to tweak it next time I play them. It seems to work quite well against the Big Four. I don't think they expect me to be so attacking.

downloaded it for Derby, used it for two games in the Prem, scored 2 conceded 5, might as well have not used it.

and don't say its my squad, my team has good players in it, we just can't do anything, GoalsGalore or not.

Well.. there's gotta be some suitable tactics out there. Haha.
If I may ask what was the main problem during the game?
Does the player loses possession to easily? Crooked defence?

One loss was 3-2 against Chelsea I can understand that but we drew 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield which I was delighted with. My other loss was 2-0 to Bolton so I may need to tweak it next time I play them. It seems to work quite well against the Big Four. I don't think they expect me to be so attacking.

Well we have the same issue. Against big team our performance have been really good. Even during backroom meeting my assistant said so. but against lower teams who played defensively and counter my team have been complacent.

May I recommend to play wider and slower tempo if against such teams. The better build up and wider range can cause force opponent to make a mistake and cracked open some space for better attack.

I'll give it a go mate. You sound like a pretty good tactician. (H)