Golyam Oblak, Maluk Duzhd - Story of a Bulgarian Journeyman

Fantistic update, you are a fantistic writer. The spoiler bars are a better idea as it prevents people from just skimming through results and making them read a fantastic and immersing story. Love it!

Brilliant updates Joss. :)

Really making me want to get back into FM. (Crippling crash dumps mean I can't :()

Keep up the top work!

Fantistic update, you are a fantistic writer. The spoiler bars are a better idea as it prevents people from just skimming through results and making them read a fantastic and immersing story. Love it!

Thanks a lot guys. Great motivation comments like these :D (I think i'm roughly two months ahead in my save, so updates will come more regularly, but probably can't update in the next few days as I'm doing a play at school and performing on wed and thurs.

I almost didn't read the spoiler then, glad I did though. I enjoy your style of writing Joss and look forward to more updates.

nice work :)

Nice one mate, what a sound guy.

As I said Joss, here I am. :wub: Very nice couple of updates. I must admit, your writing makes me want to read more, and I plan to when you further update. 2 weeks of this left, should be a very good read.

At least.

I plan to keep playing this even when FM11 is out, with the new blog system it might make it easier.. people subscribe to my blog, and don't have to trail through "past fm's" section(s)

nice story mate just thought i would leave you a wee comment to say keep it up ! its like a novel :)

Started reading your story tonight and am pretty impressed. I loved the way you introduced your players via an article - very clever! good luck for the rest of the season!

Started reading your story tonight and am pretty impressed. I loved the way you introduced your players via an article - very clever! good luck for the rest of the season!

Thanks mate. Hope you continue to follow.

Remember to subscribe and then you can know when the updates are up!

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:16 AM ----------

firem.jpg

Fire at Festilvana adds to turbulent month for Studentites

An up and down month had been made a miserable one by a fire in the North End at our stadium, Akademik Festilvana. After the completion of the sale of the club to Ilya Chalev, it seemed as if nothing could go wrong. Distractions for the players were at a minimum and they were finally able to get back to playing the attacking, free-flowing football they had been. That was, until the fire.

*​

The final whistle blew, and the fans chanted Marchev's name - The young winger, on loan from Loko (Plovdiv) had provided the winning goal for us with his third of an impressive season for the 20 year old. A cool finish after some fine build up play finally broke Rilski Sportist's resilience, and a 1-0 win over tough opposition showed Mr. Chalev what we were capable of. The fans had stayed for at least 15 minutes after the whistle, singing, and drinking even after the players had gone down the tunnel. But 2000 fans were forced out of the stadium as quickly as possible, when one stand caught alight. There was seemingly no cause, and there was no escape for the 50 fans, jumping, singing, drinking, trapped in the Northern most stand. The players had just got on the coach, MP3s in hand, before a loud crash and a blaze of fire took their attentions....

*​

The police said at the time that the cause was a freak accident, too much alcohol had combined with lighter fluid, and the wooden seats had caught fire, from where it spread, I asked about casualties, and the captain simply dropped his head, and said:
"They had no chance Mr. Matiak, it was very quick.." I had serious doubts about the latter point, but I couldn't allow myself, and my players to be distracted by such a tragic accident. They had to use it as motivation I thought. But I always knew the rest of the month was going to be very difficult.

We finished the month with 7 points from 12. Pegged back from 2 goals in front by a late Marek resurgence, and knocked out of the cup in the first round on penalties (120 minutes and a penalty shootout against strong opposition proved too much to handle, and after their goalscorer, Pedrag Pazin missed his early spotkick, Martin Pavdanski took advantage of misses from Budinov and Grigorov to put his side into the 2nd round.)

akademiksofia6.jpg

The worst though, a 3-0 loss against title contenders Balkan (Botevgrad) had critics again suggesting that my team, and I in particular were not cut out for anywhere but the "B" Division, whilst they sung the praises of hat-trick hero Petar Zlatkov.

A difficult defeat to swallow was worsened by two controversial penalties, and a goal to wrap up the win in the 90th minute and I hit the vodka again, swinging on my chair in my office, the leg finally broke under my weight, and I fell to the floor, unconscious...

I agree with fuelledbypassion, very good update, and nice twist (well, not nice, really ;))

Fantastic update again mate. :D

Brilliant work. :)

nice :) i cant like it so "like"

also shocked at the fire in the stadium :O

Joss what are you going to do when 11 is out in a few days?

nice :) i cant like it so "like"

also shocked at the fire in the stadium :O

Joss what are you going to do when 11 is out in a few days?

Carry on with this if there's enough interest...

Shouldn't make a lot of difference, there's no story section for FM11, as long as people don't get bored of updates from FM10 - I'll just post it in my blog (however it works) and people who subscribe will get updates.. Really enjoying the save, and i've already completed the first season..

So i'm happy to keep playing, and keep updating..

And thanks!

Results:
Not a chance ;) Keep reading!

Just to let you know I will be following this 100%.
This a really great story, and very interesting. I have read all the updates on the first page. I will read the rest of the story now.
Thanks.

Just to let you know I will be following this 100%.
This a really great story, and very interesting. I have read all the updates on the first page. I will read the rest of the story now.
Thanks.

Thanks Sempra, glad you're enjoying it, thanks for the comment, and thanks for the support!

Quality story mate. Definately will be following this, loving the way you write it :)