GOOAALL-262-FM13.3.3 by Jesaustralia - The best tactic I've seen for FM13

Firstly apologies guys, I've had so much work on that I haven't had a chance to upload the tweaked version (set pieces that is) of the original version 1 tactic.

Well...here it is based on:

Set Pieces in Football Manager | FM Academy

Defending Free Kicks

View attachment 664611
Attacking Free Kicks
View attachment 664614
Defending Corners

View attachment 664618
Attacking Corners

View attachment 664617

I have attached the tweaked tactic file below. Note the on screen stats for each picture. Tailor your set pieces depending on your players. For example I have set what I consider to be the weakest players in the air marking the posts which happen for me to be a midfielder and wingback...THIS MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR YOU!!!

I would just use my tweaked tactic for the framework and use the link above to read up on exactly who to put and where, but the above screens should be self explanatory if you check out the stats.

I use best header for attacking free kicks in the instructions part.

I haven't touched the attacking corners part whatsoever...it remains the original.

Note for defending corners.....keep a fast striker forward and your best first touch/creative player on the edge of the area. When Joshua King is fit, he is the one forward with Rhodes supplying him...when King is injured/being rested.....Goodwillie takes over from Rhodes, Rhodes takes over from King.

Any questions and I'll edit the post with info. All credit of course goes to Jesaustralia for an immense tactic and to FM Acadamy for providing some slick ideas to tighten up the set pieces for this.

Enjoy!!!

View attachment 664639

Big thanks for this I will add this to the top of the front page in a few days. MCBGUN Thank you for your enthusiasm and your precise explanation about this very important tweak and thank you for enjoying my tactic that makes me really happy. I'm looking forward to hear more about your personal journey/carreer and ofcause any suggestions you have in the tactic are always welcome.

I'm currently focussing on my new tactic Total Connection where I just started my 2nd season with that and beginning was a bit worrying though I didn't lose and infact I beat Real Madrid on penalties in the super cup and In the Euro supercup I beat Fenebache and still were capable of winning all my 4 first league matches but 3 of them by small margins latest was a 5-0 win and team gel level improved in that match exactly to extremely strong understanding that is about a month faster than last season, since I started this season on strong understanding. I will not focus on teamwork for the rest of the season, but has changed to attacking movement - high - 30% - Team Cohesion - Rest after match.

I have sold 4 key players and alot of players I have been loaning out in other seasons and made a few talents 1st team ready this season sold for 350 million pounds about that + lots of loans. lots of the sales is payed of monthly for a few years so will be steady income, my bank balance is currently at 985 million pounds and I have no need for buying anything except if I see a talented regen. one of my defender regents was loaned by ajax for 750k per month so lots of income by loaning players out as well. My big Star C'PARRA turned 28 and I sold him for 15 million pounds which was pathetic but noone was interested enough in him so that was bad business, he was worth 37 million pounds. Next season their will be 2 big sales and they will both be replaced with regents currently in the club. Sorry I'm just going off in enthusiasm myself here totally geek I am :)

Again big thanks to MCBGUN for the setpiece tweak provided I'm lookiing forward to here how people are doing with that version which is most probably the best version of Gooaall262

Cheers

PS. Champion7891 - How are you doing with the altered version is it worth it or does it lose to much of its original purpose?.

Last edited:
Sweet.....getting the final parts for my new pc shortly so will hopefully be able to burn through some serious game time in the coming weeks!

Update on 4-1-3-2 Dribbling FBs

I used this on my build from scratch Freiburg side with which I previously used the Arrigo Sachi 442. The starting 11 is exactly the same, hence I will compare all results with the last season that I played with this team (using AS 442).

Formations (442 v 4132)
View attachment 344274 View attachment 344273

As you can see, the same players have been adapted to the system. This is not only to maintain proper comparison but they were already efficient in their roles.

League Results (and other results) 442 v 4132
View attachment 344272 View attachment 344271

With Arrigo Sacchi, I had 94 points (from 34 game season) and was unbeaten scoring 111 goals and conceding 19.
With this 4132, I got 80 points, scored less goals (101) and conceded more (24).

Apart from that, with AS I won everything that season, this season with 4132 I lost the super cup (uefa) and was defeated 4-4 on away goals in the CL semifinals. Fair results perhaps and I was down 3-0 in away leg and was able to get 4-1 at home against Barca.

The thing is that my squad a whole was much stronger this season. Lots of players had improved attributes and should be doing much better.

How the tactic can be improved:
I am not really good at analysis or making tactics thats why I requested this of Jesaustralia. But from what I can see:
1) Inconsistency: strikers and fullbacks are really inconsistent. there are matches where they gets 3-5 goals (strikers) and 2-3 assists (FBs) easily but then be ineffective for large period of time. My main striker, Dos Santos, scored 25 in 26 league games last season with freiburg; this season he got 23 from 32.
2) DLF: should he not be on support duty? I have red that whenever CF or DLF is paired with another striker they should be on support to be more effective
3) Very Important: Center Backs and Anchorman. Here I think the tactic can be improved a lot. In possession what happens is that everyone bombs forward except for the 2 center backs and the anchorman (who occasionally does go ahead but not much). The anchorman is just ahead of the center backs, who are very close together. This causes a problem as there is lots of space on the wings. The tactic needs to be modified so that:
  • The center backs are split wider to cover the wings.
  • Either the center back or the anchormen should cover/press the breaking/countering player on the wing, preventing him from cutting inside/crossing.
  • the remaining two should stand off and intercept any possible cross.
This should cut off a lot of goals.

Bottom line, this is a very good tactic that looks good but needs to be properly tweaked to be effective. some of the attacking play is very beautiful: fast and deadly.

Squad:
Strikers:
View attachment 344270 View attachment 344269 View attachment 344268

Wingers/Attacking CMs
View attachment 344267 View attachment 344266

DMs/CMs
View attachment 344265 View attachment 344264 View attachment 344263

CBs:
View attachment 344262 View attachment 344261 View attachment 344260

FBs:
View attachment 344259 View attachment 344258

GKs:
View attachment 344257 View attachment 344256

Ok now I am going to try your original 262 (with Mcbguns tweak) b/c my team other than WBs is ready for it. Any particular training that I should follow once the tactic is 100% and players are willing to die for each other?

Update on 4-1-3-2 Dribbling FBs

I used this on my build from scratch Freiburg side with which I previously used the Arrigo Sachi 442. The starting 11 is exactly the same, hence I will compare all results with the last season that I played with this team (using AS 442).

Formations (442 v 4132)
View attachment 670449 View attachment 670452

As you can see, the same players have been adapted to the system. This is not only to maintain proper comparison but they were already efficient in their roles.

League Results (and other results) 442 v 4132
View attachment 670455 View attachment 670458

With Arrigo Sacchi, I had 94 points (from 34 game season) and was unbeaten scoring 111 goals and conceding 19.
With this 4132, I got 80 points, scored less goals (101) and conceded more (24).

Apart from that, with AS I won everything that season, this season with 4132 I lost the super cup (uefa) and was defeated 4-4 on away goals in the CL semifinals. Fair results perhaps and I was down 3-0 in away leg and was able to get 4-1 at home against Barca.

The thing is that my squad a whole was much stronger this season. Lots of players had improved attributes and should be doing much better.

How the tactic can be improved:
I am not really good at analysis or making tactics thats why I requested this of Jesaustralia. But from what I can see:
1) Inconsistency: strikers and fullbacks are really inconsistent. there are matches where they gets 3-5 goals (strikers) and 2-3 assists (FBs) easily but then be ineffective for large period of time. My main striker, Dos Santos, scored 25 in 26 league games last season with freiburg; this season he got 23 from 32.
2) DLF: should he not be on support duty? I have red that whenever CF or DLF is paired with another striker they should be on support to be more effective
3) Very Important: Center Backs and Anchorman. Here I think the tactic can be improved a lot. In possession what happens is that everyone bombs forward except for the 2 center backs and the anchorman (who occasionally does go ahead but not much). The anchorman is just ahead of the center backs, who are very close together. This causes a problem as there is lots of space on the wings. The tactic needs to be modified so that:
  • The center backs are split wider to cover the wings.
  • Either the center back or the anchormen should cover/press the breaking/countering player on the wing, preventing him from cutting inside/crossing.
  • the remaining two should stand off and intercept any possible cross.
This should cut off a lot of goals.

Bottom line, this is a very good tactic that looks good but needs to be properly tweaked to be effective. some of the attacking play is very beautiful: fast and deadly.

Squad:
Strikers:
View attachment 670461 View attachment 670462 View attachment 670465

Wingers/Attacking CMs
View attachment 670468 View attachment 670470

DMs/CMs
View attachment 670472 View attachment 670474 View attachment 670476

CBs:
View attachment 670478 View attachment 670480 View attachment 670483

FBs:
View attachment 670485 View attachment 670488

GKs:
View attachment 670491 View attachment 670494

Champ:
Big thanks for trying out the Fullback version as I've stated earlier I haven't tried this version myself and it was created without testing, so I didn't have high expectations to this tactic, but I appreciate alot that you took your time testing it. Infact I took the 262 Fullback tactic and created a new tactic and in my opinion a much more simple tactic, it seems very promising and very dominating and I have used a few of your ideas champ. You mentioned the anchormen was to close to the defence and you said it might be a good idea to use Defensive midfielders on support duty just like AS442 and several of Mr. Langvatn's tactics. I also liked your fullback idea instead of wingbacks and I like the striker setup from The connection which in my opinion is simular to what you are talking about a more selfish striker paired with a more creative striker who goes deep to interact with the 2 CM's. Anyway I would really appreciate if you would try this one. I'm gonna leave all the details in the next post. This is also the tactic I'm using for this season after I experimented in the beginning of it. It doesn't mean that I'm not happy with 262Gooaall version1 or The Connection. Its actually because I think we can succeed with alot of tactics as long the team gel level is high. Extremely strong understanding and above and then the usual team cohesion for morale High intensity 50% match training and attacking movement for good-strong teams. Weaker teams should probably go defensive positioning. Success formula I Imagine in my little head :) -

I read that some guy was testing all the default tactics in a tactic league he created and the best FM13 default tactic became 3-4-3 diamond I would love to hear how people would go with that one using the Training and gel level above, I'm gonna post the 343diamond with small tweaks setpiece and no longshots for people to test and then my newest tactic which shows huge potential and is a little brother to Gooaall262 - The Connection - Gooaall262(Fullback version) I don't wanna make more threads so its going to be a post in this thread in just a moment

Champ your team looks strong and I will say strong enough to go undefeated through the season for several seasons I think your team would suit my new tactic really well.

Cheers

Last edited:
2 NEW TACTICS - READ MORE...

FM13 Best Default Tactic - 3 4 3 (Diamond) Longshot & Setpiece tweak - Download

View attachment 344108
succeed with alot of tactics as long the team gel level is high. Extremely strong understanding and above and then the usualteam cohesion for morale High intensity 50% match training and attacking movement for good-strong teams. Weaker teams should probably go defensive positioning.

I read that some guy was testing all the default tactics in a tactic league he created and the best FM13 default tactic became 3-4-3 diamond I would love to hear how people would go with that one using the Training and gel level above. Please report back how you went.

The Champ - 4222 (Brazil 94) by Jesaustralia13.3.3

View attachment 344107 View attachment 344106 View attachment 344105 View attachment 344103 View attachment 342207

Vs. Sevilla la liga's no 2.
View attachment 342206

As you can see its a 4-2-2-2 it has its inspiration from Gooaall262-The Connection-Gooaall262 Fullback version.
Preseason Training: Team Cohesion - Very high intensity - 50% MATCH TRAINING - TACTICS
2 Weeks before season premier Training: Team Cohesion - Very High - 50% MATCH TRAINING - TEAM WORK
Remember to check last match every match under Team - report - Last match - Team talk feedback
When you see your team is at a gel level off Extremely strong understanding its time to change the training for the whole season. Training the rest off the season: Team Cohesion - High - 50% MATCH TRAINING - ATTACKING MOVEMENT

I would use the formula above with any tactic.

The players you need is very straight forward:

Attacking Fullbacks: Try and get a winger who is good at dribbling crossing and quickness with some defensive qualities or potential ability to develope into a great attacking fullback
PPM's: Knock ball past opponent - run with ball l/r - run with ball often - get forward whenever possible - switch ball to other flank - Likes to round keeper

If its a winger retrain I would train these using the wing schedule to make them 15+ in quickness dribbling crossing offball then at 18/19 I would use the defensive winger schedule to get some tackling marking decisions and pace and more crossing dribbling, when I'm happy with that and the decisions is acceptable I will train them using the fullback schedule full out for anticipation and concentration. If its a fullback that you train I would start out with the winger schedule to boost crossing dribbling offball pace acceleration, I'm happy if decisions and the other attributes is 15+ then I can go Fullback training till the end of his carreer (the end of time) :)

Centre Backs: DCL should be an expert in jump/head Teach him the PPM shot with power and tight marking for both.
Both should have - Concentration - Composure - Decisions - Positioning - Tacling - Marking - strenght - acceleration12+
Some skills in: passing8+ - creativity8+ - anticipation10+ - bravery - pace10+
If possible its good to pair defenders like a towering defender with a more quick defender who is decent in jump/head
I train them first by using the ball playing defender schedule later on if the player have grown strong I change to Sweeper (libero) in case you wanna create a quick defender I recommend that you retrain a Full back that's already quick and has Central defender talent(Skills)

Defensive midfielders (Support): Anticipation - concentration - Decisions - positioning - workrate - teamwork - strenght - acceleration - pace14+ - passing - jump/head8+ - Tackling - Marking
Some skills in: creativity10+ - technique13+ - first touch10+ - longshots(bonus 15+) - Finishing 10+
PPM's: shot with power - tight marking - throw into tackles - simple passing - pass instead of shoot - stay back at all times
I start with Anchorman schedule to boost concentration and anticipation Tackling marking workrate positioning and strenght. when they are about 19 Sweeper (Libero) or Ballplaying defender is a very good switch depending on your players current skill need. I like them strong physically and mentally, skills come last except for passing tackling and marking.

Centre midfielders (Attack): Passing - Technique - First Touch - Finishing - Dribbling - Offball - workrate - teamwork - Decisions - Creativity - Composure - Anticipation - Acceleration - Agility - Pace - Strenght
Bonus skills: Flair - Concentration
I highly recommend to train these offensive midfielders in the complete forward schedule because it offers you the very important skill creativity (Box to Box doesn't) + you get strenght composure quickness finshing first touch and technique as well its a brilliant schedule. PPM's: Run with ball through centre - shot with power/place shots - killer balls - knock ball past opponent - one twos - dictate tempo - get forward whenever possible - comes deep to get ball - likes to lob keeper

Deep Laying Forward (Creative forward): Finishing - First touch - Dribbling - Technique - Passing - Offball - Composure - Anticipation - Creativity - Decisions - Teamwork - Workrate - Acceleration - Agility - Balance - Pace - Strenght
Bonus skills: Flair - tackling - Marking - Positioning
PPM's: Knock ball past opponent - Shot with power - simple passing - run with ball through centre - move into channels - likes rounding keeper - first time shots - avoid using weak foot (only if very weak) - one two's - Come deep to receive ball (Not needed) Again a really great schedule to use is Complete forward you can never go wrong :)

The Poacher: Finishing - First touch - Dribbling - Composure - Anticipation - Off ball - Acceleration - Agility - Pace - Balance
Bonus skills: Technique - Decisions - Passing - Strenght - Creativity
PPM's: Run with ball through centre - Move into channels - Simple passing - Shot with power - Rounding keeper - One two's - knock ball past opponent - Avoids using weaker foot (Only if very weak) - beat offside trap
When I train a striker to become a poacher I actually start him out on the poacher schedule and when he is very specialized/very quick - great finisher - great in movement and composed I switch to complete forward training.

Alright guys this is it several hours later.....zzzzzz

Please give some feedback in this thread good or bad for other people to see if its worth their while. If you do all the right things I can't see you not succeeding with this formula.

Goodluck and I hope to talk with you soon

Cheers!

Last edited:
hi, so i tried your original 262 tactic. the same training you mentioned. this is the result I got by mid season:

View attachment 343310

honestly was expecting much more. I've been outscored by dortmund. The 4-1-3-2 worked much better for me.

Is your PPM's uptodate like do your strikers have shot with power - do you use attacking movement - do you rest players individually - do you train team cohesion - do you dominate possession - do your anchorman have creativity like high creativity - do your DCL have shot with power.

All these things are questions you should ask yourself if something is not working what it is suppose to something is wrong somewhere and it ain't the tactic, it can be the simple fact your players are not good enough.

Morale needs to be high throughout the team not just the first 11 but your next 14 players as well, it can be players disrupting the harmony of your squad or players that dont get along with the others it can be lack of leadership on the field etc etc.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you but you must be doing it wrong maybe you should switch to teamwork Possession is key in this tactic.

yep, everything you said.

in any case, have u got updates for the 4222? results?

yep, everything you said.

in any case, have u got updates for the 4222? results?

Yea not a whole season, but I win everything and even better is I don't conceede alot. I don't think this tactic is a goal machine but you will get highscoring games once in a while well I do, and Im haven't lost since 2034 I'm almost in 2038 switching between Gooaall262 - The Connection - 4222

If you look at your league table again its actually a fantastic record you have 16 wins 1 draw

I have heard its not a good idea to keep switching tactics every season its better to give it a few seasons.
Does the Gooaall262 look amazing on the pitch do you create lots of chances etc?

Here's the latest results using "The Champ - 4222" - RESULTS CLICK HERE

Be aware that my team is very good and look like they will never lose their team gel level is at "Die for each other"
It seems very solid defensively home and away and offensively yeah well it is as always very dangerous. Gooaall262 and The Connection in my opinion looks better but this tactic is certainly better defensively and is dangerous enough in front of goal not like Gooaall262 though.

Cheers

Just an update on your 262: final league table:

View attachment 342560

From a results point of view, the 262 seems to be better than the 4132 although I enjoyed the football played in 4132 more. Goals scored and conceded is about the same.
As far as cup wins go, I won the German league and cup but lost in the CL final.

Overall, I would say that your tactics are really good but need to be tested with weak teams too.

Ill try your 4222 next once you are done with you whole season

Just an update on your 262: final league table:

View attachment 674258

From a results point of view, the 262 seems to be better than the 4132 although I enjoyed the football played in 4132 more. Goals scored and conceded is about the same.
As far as cup wins go, I won the German league and cup but lost in the CL final.

Overall, I would say that your tactics are really good but need to be tested with weak teams too.

Ill try your 4222 next once you are done with you whole season

Thank you for using my tactics the Gooaall262 is meant to be better than the 4132, Gooaall262 is meant to be my best tactic and I'm pretty sure it is when we look at the match engine and how it performs in their. The very first game I played was a champions league final and I won 7-1 against a russian team if I remember correctly no fluidity at all.

The 4222 is recommended to try and looks better defensively, but offensively its not as dangerous but its still very dangerous using the connection setup upfront with a lightning quick poacher who has very high 18-20 in all the main skills of a poacher + 13strenght - his partner the creative forward is a more general striker like the Box to box is in the midfield he is creative and good at passes but certainly also ice cold as a poacher himself, he retreats back to receive the ball almost like a deep laying forward/Trequartista but not lazy and I like these to be strong 15+ in strenght.

The 343 Diamond Default setpiece and longshot tweaked I still know nothing about except for the guy that tested various default tactics for fm13 and this tactic won. I would be very interested to hear how people in here would get on with that combined with a high team gel level and attacking movement. I might test that next season with a new team. I would love to have that one tested so if anyone is interested in trying it for us please do.

Alright but just so we are understanding each other Gooaall262 or any of my other tactics have not been created for an underdog team and I state this early on that this is for the best players possible, however theirs already people tested this and for an underdog team it can do decent wonders so Gooaall262 shouldn't be underestimated at all.

To do a final analyze on that tactic its a tactic that should overpower any team at home which means you should go undefeated through the season when playing at home away against top teams you can get yourself into trouble, but most teams you should overcome. Playing on neutral ground should most often also be a success, but it demands you have the best in the business in your team all positions and using rotation of players is not a good option either because you will want to have your best 11 to start as many matches as possible even when condition is 92%. It is your duty though to rest them enough so they don't fall to a condition level that low. Then their is the incredible team gel level which needs to be high as well, it all counts and if people don't get the same amazing results that I get with my tactics they are not following my suggestions 100% that is all I can say about this matter.

Champ your team don't score enough after my liking, so something is not right what exactly I can't put my finger on. In my high scoring seasons I could have scored more if I didn't experiment. I don't say this to critisize, I look at your result your league table and don't get it. Something is not right, your players are probably not where mine is, really specialists like the example above with the poacher. Also most of my players are fast less in defence though but recommended to have atleast one very fast central defender. I'm sorry i just don't get your results and it frustrates me because i know what this tactic can do. Its not weird for me to beat up Real Madrid 5-1 or Sevilla 8-1 who are the top teams in spain in my save and they do it consistantly week in week out.

Cheers pal!

Thank you for using my tactics the Gooaall262 is meant to be better than the 4132, Gooaall262 is meant to be my best tactic and I'm pretty sure it is when we look at the match engine and how it performs in their. The very first game I played was a champions league final and I won 7-1 against a russian team if I remember correctly no fluidity at all.

The 4222 is recommended to try and looks better defensively, but offensively its not as dangerous but its still very dangerous using the connection setup upfront with a lightning quick poacher who has very high 18-20 in all the main skills of a poacher + 13strenght - his partner the creative forward is a more general striker like the Box to box is in the midfield he is creative and good at passes but certainly also ice cold as a poacher himself, he retreats back to receive the ball almost like a deep laying forward/Trequartista but not lazy and I like these to be strong 15+ in strenght.

The 343 Diamond Default setpiece and longshot tweaked I still know nothing about except for the guy that tested various default tactics for fm13 and this tactic won. I would be very interested to hear how people in here would get on with that combined with a high team gel level and attacking movement. I might test that next season with a new team. I would love to have that one tested so if anyone is interested in trying it for us please do.

Alright but just so we are understanding each other Gooaall262 or any of my other tactics have not been created for an underdog team and I state this early on that this is for the best players possible, however theirs already people tested this and for an underdog team it can do decent wonders so Gooaall262 shouldn't be underestimated at all.

To do a final analyze on that tactic its a tactic that should overpower any team at home which means you should go undefeated through the season when playing at home away against top teams you can get yourself into trouble, but most teams you should overcome. Playing on neutral ground should most often also be a success, but it demands you have the best in the business in your team all positions and using rotation of players is not a good option either because you will want to have your best 11 to start as many matches as possible even when condition is 92%. It is your duty though to rest them enough so they don't fall to a condition level that low. Then their is the incredible team gel level which needs to be high as well, it all counts and if people don't get the same amazing results that I get with my tactics they are not following my suggestions 100% that is all I can say about this matter.

Champ your team don't score enough after my liking, so something is not right what exactly I can't put my finger on. In my high scoring seasons I could have scored more if I didn't experiment. I don't say this to critisize, I look at your result your league table and don't get it. Something is not right, your players are probably not where mine is, really specialists like the example above with the poacher. Also most of my players are fast less in defence though but recommended to have atleast one very fast central defender. I'm sorry i just don't get your results and it frustrates me because i know what this tactic can do. Its not weird for me to beat up Real Madrid 5-1 or Sevilla 8-1 who are the top teams in spain in my save and they do it consistantly week in week out.

Cheers pal!

thanks for taking the time...My CD has 17 acc and 18 pace :p...most of my team is has 180+ current ability points and a few have 190+.

And yes, I do follow all morale related and rest related tips.

IDK, maybe it just doesn't work for my team

thanks for taking the time...My CD has 17 acc and 18 pace :p...most of my team is has 180+ current ability points and a few have 190+.

And yes, I do follow all morale related and rest related tips.

IDK, maybe it just doesn't work for my team

Even more weird because your team sounds like they are better than mine, I don't know my players current ability I dont wanna check. Sorry it doesnt work, Hows your assistant manager for motivating? do you have amazing coaches like 4,5-5 stars? I hope you are motivated to try my other tactics though maybe one of those will fit your team

Even more weird because your team sounds like they are better than mine, I don't know my players current ability I dont wanna check. Sorry it doesnt work, Hows your assistant manager for motivating? do you have amazing coaches like 4,5-5 stars? I hope you are motivated to try my other tactics though maybe one of those will fit your team

oh yes...i dont buy big players i develop them myself so I always have 5 star coaches. I give motivation talks myself, only press is handled by AM

Get an assistant manager with high motivation 18+ - determination -discipline can be lower 12+ and let him do the team talk thats how I do it I also let mine have tactical knowledge it could make the difference though I don't have any proof for it.

I will say if that is what make our games so different its lame

Last edited: