CERBERUS

2141453-20160220-JKe0HN.jpg

Let me share with you my next tactic, this time in a formation which can barely be seen nowadays. There are still no changes to training, team talks or corner setup. One advice: the CM on attack could be a playmaker type of player.

Important note: on the hardest away matches, change to control!

Good luck.

P.S.: Please don't ask whether this is better than Hydra V2 or not. It's different. Try it and experience by yourselves! :)

Tried this with my Bristol Rovers play-off 1st leg lost 3-0 and went back to V2 for 2nd leg which i won 4-2 but lost on agg 4-5 so thinking of restarting the game what you reckon zyndar ?

By doing that I can imagine fluidity level. Do what you like billy, it's your game.

To be honest it's a very bad idea to use some tactic during the whole season and then changing to another for the most important match.

Last edited:
Restarted it and got to the play-off final v Barrow who i beat in the regular season 3 times easy but on the big occasion went down 1-0 unreal.Dont think i can do another season in conference so might apply for other jobs shame though because enjoyed my time in charge and this tactic as been brilliant with the squad ive got even with no money for transfers.Might start new season who knows with the 3 tactics all fluid now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cerberus works really bad for me, unfortunately. Only managed to win a game out of the 5 I've played with it. :(

My career with Newcastle is getting more and more frustrating, it feels like my team is getting weaker instead of improving. It's the first time I'm experiencing this in all my FM previous saves (and it's my only one on FM16 so far).

Every time I find a good tactic, the AI learns it after 3-4 games and I'm forced to find a new one...Honestly I'm tired, I think I'm gonna delete the save and wait until the next update...or FM17.

Cerberus works really bad for me, unfortunately. Only managed to win a game out of the 5 I've played with it. :(

My career with Newcastle is getting more and more frustrating, it feels like my team is getting weaker instead of improving. It's the first time I'm experiencing this in all my FM previous saves (and it's my only one on FM16 so far).

Every time I find a good tactic, the AI learns it after 3-4 games and I'm forced to find a new one...Honestly I'm tired, I think I'm gonna delete the save and wait until the next update...or FM17.

I think that's a bad approach. In FM16, you cannot win every game. 3 days ago you were using Crossfire and were satisfied. Now you tried Cerberus and you find it's not working. Did you tried other tactics aswell in the past days? If the answer is yes, then you might be changing tactics too often. You should stick to one in my opinion.

CERBERUS

2141453-20160220-JKe0HN.jpg

Let me share with you my next tactic, this time in a formation which can barely be seen nowadays. There are still no changes to training, team talks or corner setup. One advice: the CM on attack could be a playmaker type of player.

Important note: on the hardest away matches, change to control!

Good luck.

P.S.: Please don't ask whether this is better than Hydra V2 or not. It's different. Try it and experience by yourselves! :)
Did you make this team up and the players of your choice using create a club ?

Zyndar, what are the key attributes for the attackers in Hydra V2 tactic ? DLF and False Nine

Zyndar, what are the key attributes for the attackers in Hydra V2 tactic ? DLF and False Nine

If you are strict, then

DLF: Technique, Passing, Off the Ball, First touch, Finishing

F9: Teamwork, Work rate, Off the Ball, Creativity, Passing, First Touch

I don't like to be strict with attributes since it's greatly decreases the number of players you would sign. And if you are playing at lower level, then you should face the issue that no players are really fitting the requirements.
If you are more flexible, then I can say the mental atrributes are the most important in general.

Last edited:
Now I have another problem: I play well and create chances, much more than the opposing team...unfortunately the computer ALWAYS scores when having the chance to do it, and their keepers constantly get ratings of 8+, so I end up losing or drawing games that I uttelry dominate.

I don't know if this carrer is cursed or it's just the FM16 ME that is *****.

See for yourself...

View attachment 175009

View attachment 175011
View attachment 175008
View attachment 175007
View attachment 175006
View attachment 175004
View attachment 175002
View attachment 175000

This is just ridiculous, full stop. Before it was my defence who leaked too much, and that was the reason for my defeats. Now my defence is ok-ish and this nonsense happens, I can't score, for the love of god...and the AI just laughs at me and scores every f*ing time it shoots. The game just decided that, no matter what and how, I MUST SUCK.
This is just absurd, this game is an absolute pile of **** and I want my money back. I can't believe that they still can't make a decent ME after all this years of experience...

This tactic is awsome. Using it with Barcelona. After 31 matches in La Liga, i'm 27-3-1 and has scored nearly 100 goals. MSN upfront, Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta on the midfield and Alves, Alba, Pique and Bartra in defense.

Tried the tactic with Everton for one game, won 3-0. Will try to test it a bit more with other teams.

This tactic is awsome. Using it with Barcelona. After 31 matches in La Liga, i'm 27-3-1 and has scored nearly 100 goals. MSN upfront, Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta on the midfield and Alves, Alba, Pique and Bartra in defense.

Tried the tactic with Everton for one game, won 3-0. Will try to test it a bit more with other teams.

Thanks mate, keep the screens coming!

Ive tested the V2 with Barcelona in the challenge mode stay unbeaten till end of season.P3 W3 F11 A3 got bored with it tbh too easy thats why i like a challenge with lower league clubs so carrying on with my Bristol Rovers safe.Great tactic tho credit to zyndar

You can ignore assistant's advices in most of the times and I think your setup on the 2nd screen is ok.
I noticed from your first post you say to have it set to defensive but mine is set to attacking movement is this ok to keep it has it is?