High Scoring Arsenal - 4-1-3-2 WB

• Thread starter Thread starter mahanhz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 131K
You sir are a legend! I'm playing as Arsenal and this is quite possibly the best tactic I have ever used. Sanchez and Dybala as the the two F9 are untouchable. Had to shift a few players out to suit this tactic and train some new positions but overall this tactic for me was game breaking!

Nice to hear that you are enjoying the tactic.
Dybala for me is on a different planet (was initially hesitant to fork out £60m).
Won World player of year for me and seems to score from everywhere.

I'm trying to make this tactic work with Udinese. Some mixed results but I guess the reason for that is my average squad. Am working on strengthening the squad to get the best from this tactic as it looks very good.

I am curious about how the games play out for you.
When you lose or draw, are they deserved or where you the better team?

Also how does the style of football look? Is it attractive passing play with through balls or a lot of misplaced passes?

I am curious about how the games play out for you.
When you lose or draw, are they deserved or where you the better team?

Also how does the style of football look? Is it attractive passing play with through balls or a lot of misplaced passes?

I like the playing style, most of the times I get a lot of shots on goal but my forwards aren't scoring enough (none of them really suited to the F9 role) and some defensive mistakes by my centre halves are often the cause for defeats.

Also my players tend to get sent off on a semi regular basis.

Last edited:
I got him for around 50 million after unsettling him and getting Ozil to speak out in the press to ask him to join.

Crystal Palace

So, I couldn't wait for the next season to try this out.
I've been on a good run lately, so I figured that I could try a tactical change against the rivals from Brighton.
View attachment 120924
It resulted in a 3-0 win. Impressive football and I decided to stick with it. As you can see the next 3 games went quiet well also.
The tactic isnt fully fluid yet. But I believe that the high morale and the recent good form is the reason of the results. I will definetely keep this tactic for the rest of the season and try it in a full season, next season.
Btw:
View attachment 120922
Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. Buy him. I played him as F9 or Advanced Forward all season and he has just been out of this world. I am in 2020, so he has developed a lot. I would have loved to have him from my first season. I recommend buying him for one of the F9 positions in this tactic.

Not sure why but I tried out a few other tactics after hearing how good they were and in the end I came back to this.

Dodgy results still till resulted me in being 4 points behind the playoffs so went back to it away to 4th place Wolves. Destroyed them 3-1 and could easily of been 6 or 7. See how my Leeds team do up against Newcastle and Norwich soon but looking at this I stand half a chance.

So, I couldn't wait for the next season to try this out.
I've been on a good run lately, so I figured that I could try a tactical change against the rivals from Brighton.
View attachment 1085704
It resulted in a 3-0 win. Impressive football and I decided to stick with it. As you can see the next 3 games went quiet well also.
The tactic isnt fully fluid yet. But I believe that the high morale and the recent good form is the reason of the results. I will definetely keep this tactic for the rest of the season and try it in a full season, next season.
Btw:
View attachment 1085706
Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. Buy him. I played him as F9 or Advanced Forward all season and he has just been out of this world. I am in 2020, so he has developed a lot. I would have loved to have him from my first season. I recommend buying him for one of the F9 positions in this tactic.

I actually tried to sign Kasper Dolberg last season but Ajax didn't want to sell, and then I forgot about him.
Will scout him again to see if they will accept a reasonable offer.

Let me know how you get along.

Not sure why but I tried out a few other tactics after hearing how good they were and in the end I came back to this.

Dodgy results still till resulted me in being 4 points behind the playoffs so went back to it away to 4th place Wolves. Destroyed them 3-1 and could easily of been 6 or 7. See how my Leeds team do up against Newcastle and Norwich soon but looking at this I stand half a chance.

Glad that you decide to try it out again.
Keep me posted on how you do.

In my third season I looked to play with a slight tweak, to see if I could improve on the previous season (won 5/5 trophies).

I ended up winning 6 out of 7 trophies (losing to Juventus in the CL final).
Community Shield, European Super Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League.

The tactic switches from 4-1-3-2 WB to 4-1-2-1-2 WB

View attachment 120224

For away games I switch to Standard mentality.

Screenshots of season schedule:

View attachment 120221

View attachment 120220

View attachment 120219

Some games that I particularly enjoyed:

View attachment 120214

View attachment 120213

View attachment 120212

View attachment 120218

View attachment 120217

View attachment 120216

View attachment 120215

new 4-1-2-1-2 wb formation

Hi,

Would you be able to post your new tweaked formation on this thread. I want to see what the differences are. I use a similar formation but with Ozil in attacking midfield as an AP and Giroud up top as a TM on his own...

Hi,

Would you be able to post your new tweaked formation on this thread. I want to see what the differences are. I use a similar formation but with Ozil in attacking midfield as an AP and Giroud up top as a TM on his own...

Download link is in post #49 and also at the bottom of the opening post.
It is a small tweak, where I moved the AP from the 3 midfielders up into an AM position.

Here are some screenshots:
View attachment 120092

View attachment 120091

Ozil plays in the AM position (12 goals and 18 assists from 40 games):
View attachment 120090

Do you allways play "Defensive Positioning"?! Even at home?

Do you allways play "Defensive Positioning"?! Even at home?

Yes, but that is because team training isn't something I think about that often.
It might actually be good to change it around every now and again.
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for pointing it out.

What strategy do you use for home and away when it comes to team training?

Back