Homosexuality within sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also say that if there was anyway of it being brought into football it shouldn't just be the FA it should be at least FIFA bringing it in and just imposing the ban on fans to chant anything derogitory against them or it would result in Bans from stadiums, Club Fines, etc exactly like the racism rule then maybe it wouldn't cause as much of a problem (obviously there still would be a bit from fans and time to get used to it)

Thing is FIFA have done the fines before, and the amounts were absolutely pathetic. But the bans, or playing behind closed doors policy should be more firmly introduced. Think it's one of those things that's going to be really hard to prevent. But to stand even a chance of preventing it, maybe the punishments have to be more severe.

footballs already gay enough tbh without all the noofters comin out,
got no problem with lezzas tho, they sexyy

Dean Ashton came out as being gay and he was an england international, can't remember him getting much abuse though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dean Ashton is not gay!! my PE Teacher's brother in law is Dean Ashton's next door neighbour and he lives with his wife and are together and his and dean ashtons wife go horse riding together.

You have just topped the other guy for being even more of a **** :S because your being a hypocrite aswell, you call male gays "noofters" but you don't have a problem with lesbians, However do you actually realise that not all lesbians are the same as in ****** you absolute moron. Id suggest you don't post again honestly.

Gay enough? Erm, i've never watched a football game where they've all stopped playing and just had a mass orgy. Bit of a silly comment to make lol

if you're posting that for a reaction, you're about to get one

You have just topped the other guy for being even more of a **** :S because your being a hypocrite aswell, you call male gays "noofters" but you don't have a problem with lesbians, However do you actually realise that not all lesbians are the same as in ****** you absolute moron. Id suggest you don't post again honestly.

Beat me to it mate. Jaw dropping. Was expecting childish comments though tbh. I'm pretty much happy though that pretty everybody is discussing this sensibly, with an open mind without name calling etc.

Interesting topic. I'll post something which is a few years old, but it's got a lot to do with this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6930806.stm

For those too lazy to read, Palmeiras' manager told on TV that Richarlyson, who was playing for Sao Paulo at the time, was gay, and when the player took the matter to court the judge ruled that Football was a masculine sport and that he should quit playing altogether if he was gay.

//Edit - In another article, apparently, the judge went as far as to say that if gay players wanted to play football they should form their own federation and teams. This article is in Spanish, thus I won't post it unless asked to :p

Last edited:
Before everyone slaughters the guy, just remember he posted it for a reaction. So don't give him one.

Not going to lie i hate gays i dont know why probs because people like alan carr and julian cleary off the tele i just despise and it makes me hate them

People like you only say these kind of things so that they are not "accused" of being gay themselves. Just another form of bullying I suppose.....

Interesting topic. I'll post something which is a few years old, but it's got a lot to do with this.

For those too lazy to read, Palmeiras' manager told on TV that Richarlyson, who was playing for Sao Paulo at the time, was gay, and when the player took the matter to court the judge ruled that Football was a masculine sport and that he should quit playing altogether if he was gay.

//Edit - In another article, apparently, the judge went as far as to say that if gay players wanted to play football they should form their own federation and teams. This article is in Spanish, thus I won't post it unless asked to :p

Wow thats incredible. Never heard of that story.

Like others, I hate gays too. But that's mainly because of their decision to put on this camp ****, acting & talking like a girl, walking like an idiot. Just a general drama queen, attention seeking shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude. And I haven't seen a gay who acted normally.

Having said that I doubt a footballer would be camp. But, why the **** should they come out? Public figures are always complaining about a lack of privacy. Is telling people they're gay going to make them suddenly play football better? No.

They should just get on with playing, with no risk of abusive chants, and keep their personal life personal.

Never said i hated all gays but people like alan carr gives me an unfair stereotype which makes me dislike gays and im sure im not alone

Is this some sort of joke? Its 2011, we stopped behaving like cavemen many millenia ago you ignoramus.

Like others, I hate gays too. But that's mainly because of their decision to put on this camp ****, acting & talking like a girl, walking like an idiot. Just a general drama queen, attention seeking shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude. And I haven't seen a gay who acted normally.

Having said that I doubt a footballer would be camp. But, why the **** should they come out? Public figures are always complaining about a lack of privacy. Is telling people they're gay going to make them suddenly play football better? No.

They should just get on with playing, with no risk of abusive chants, and keep their personal life personal.

Surely straight guys acting as masculine as possible, such as teenagers competing over who has the deepest voice, could be the same "shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude as well, no?

But wouldn't a player admitting he's gay make him more comfortable when people know, knowing he won't get abuse from everybody, therefore able to play to his ability without any sort of fear?

Would like to see the article.

again you hate gays based on a stereotype. which is complete ingorance. its not even remotely true for all gays either, ther are plenty of gay people who dont live up to that (plenty on tv too)

In case people havent noticed. the fact that its your opinon isnt a free for all to say what you want. there are still the rules of the forum and thr rights of others to follow. if people try to use their opinion to mask the fact they are spitting about discriminatory abuse, i will hit you with ******* hefty ban. And i will enjoy it.

This is the only warning people will get on the matter, this is a sensitive enough issue as it is

Surely straight guys acting as masculine as possible, such as teenagers competing over who has the deepest voice, could be the same "shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude as well, no?
What I like to label "lads" or "heroes". But dw, I hate their attitudes too.

But wouldn't a player admitting he's gay make him more comfortable when people know, knowing he won't get abuse from everybody, therefore able to play to his ability without any sort of fear?
It would only make him more comfortable in his personal life. Nobody needs to know of his sexuality when kicking the ball around a pitch. I just don't see any reason for them to come out. Especially if they know of this homophobic attitube the OP talked about.

again you hate gays based on a stereotype. which is complete ingorance. its not even remotely true for all gays either, ther are plenty of gay people who dont live up to that (plenty on tv too)
Yeah you're right, I hate the stereotype (which most are). But as I said, "footballers probably wouldn't be camp". So if you put 2 and 2 together, that's like me saying I wouldn't hate a gay footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.