Homosexuality within sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is how it should be. There is no logical reason for anyone (straight or gay, but cmon ffs, the majority who do it are gay so don't bring up the odd david walliams example) to act camp, based on their sexuality. It's pathetic.

But as I said I doubt footballers behave in that way, so get back on topic. Or I might as well leave the thread, since I can get banned because people don't share my opinion. Hilarious isn't it.
stephen fry, ian mckellen, rafe fiennes, neil patrick harris, john barrowman, joh harris, michael french nigel hawthrone... i really could go on

Really don't get how sexuality matters in any sport..

Why do sportspeople need to come out in public as being gay? Call me naive, but I'm surprised so many people actually care about what sexuality somebody is, I mean I can understand if it's a friend or family member, you would probably want to know but a footballer? Hardly.. Keep it to yourself.

I care about as much as Ashley Cole shooting somebody in the face as I do him being gay [not saying he is, of corse] which is not at all, anybody who does care has way too much time on their hands, get a job!

edit: Let me just point out that I'm not saying that any gay sportsperson should hide their sexuality it's more that I don't care, as I don't care about WAGs, just incase that wasn't clear in the post!

I don't even understand how it's possible to even debate about this.. It's not a debatable subject, you get the anti-gay people and the pro-gay [?] people going totally off topic, with both sides just listing celebrities they think are and aren't gay in a poor attempt to prove that gay celebrities are camp/normal. Thanks for proving my point guys ;)

Which is how it should be. There is no logical reason for anyone (straight or gay, but cmon ffs, the majority who do it are gay so don't bring up the odd david walliams example) to act camp, based on their sexuality. It's pathetic.

But as I said I doubt footballers behave in that way, so get back on topic. Or I might as well leave the thread, since I can get banned because people don't share my opinion. Hilarious isn't it.

david walliams isnt gay matt lucas was and he played the butcher charecters

I have no problem whatsoever with gay people whether they are in sport or not, it is a choice of their life not ours, and If they don't mess in our lives we shouldn't mess with theirs

Really don't get how sexuality matters in any sport..

Why do sportspeople need to come out in public as being gay? Call me naive, but I'm surprised so many people actually care about what sexuality somebody is, I mean I can understand if it's a friend or family member, you would probably want to know but a footballer? Hardly.. Keep it to yourself.

I care about as much as Ashley Cole shooting somebody in the face as I do him being gay [not saying he is, of corse] which is not at all, anybody who does care has way too much time on their hands, get a job!

edit: Let me just point out that I'm not saying that any gay sportsperson should hide their sexuality it's more that I don't care, as I don't care about WAGs, just incase that wasn't clear in the post!

Actually, remember when Stephen Gately told the world he was gay (Ex Boyzone member for any one who doesn't know), he said it was to stop others breaking the story and making alot of money out of it
Do you think, if a Sports Person found them selves in the same situation, would they come out?

Not trying to go too deep into my personal life here but, I was raised by a gay man... However many people think he is my actual dad and think i'm joking when I tell them he is gay, some of my longest friends still don't believe I'm telling the truth.

I think everyone knows a 'camp' gay guy, but what annoys me is how guys band together and think that being camp is wrong. People are born more feminine than others and they are taunted because of this. I wouldn't bully someone for being born with curly hair because I don't like it and to me being camp is just a part of your genetic makeup...

Men get caught up in being 'one of the lads' and it is honestly very tiresome and being homophobic is a very tragic trend in our society.

Last edited:
does it change their abillity to compete or play well know so i dont think it matters too much if they are gay bi trans or vwhatever

I think everyone knows a 'camp' gay guy, but what annoys me is how guys band together and think that being camp is wrong. People are born more feminine than others and they are taunted because of this. I wouldn't bully someone for being born with curly hair because I don't like it and to me being camp is just a part of your genetic makeup...
I hate this excuse, it's all I ever hear. No-one is born gay. No-one is born camp. It's a choice (as you get older and understand what being gay/camp is).

Not trying to go too deep into my personal life here but, I was raised by a gay man... However many people think he is my actual dad and think i'm joking when I tell them he is gay, some of my longest friends still don't believe I'm telling the truth.

Men get caught up in being 'one of the lads' and it is honestly very tiresome and being homophobic is a very tragic trend in our society.

Good points. It's also sad when I've seen people assume somebody else is gay because "they look gay". How can you look gay. Does someone dressed like a woman on a fancy dress night out mean he's gay? A woman wearing a pair of dungarees mean she's gay? Some of the things I've come across in my lifetime have been pretty ludicrous. Even as far down as haircuts

Never said i hated all gays but people like alan carr gives me an unfair stereotype which makes me dislike gays and im sure im not alone

So you're like, what, 9 years old? Or did you just smoke too much of the green stuff at school? You're not alone no, there are hundreds of thousands of other ignorant tools just like yourself.

I hate this excuse, it's all I ever hear. No-one is born gay. No-one is born camp. It's a choice (as you get older and understand what being gay/camp is).

As I get older...? If you being an 'older' and 'wiser' person than me is what you are going for, you only adhere to the older.

'Excuse'... don't know what to say to this, an excuse for being gay. Maybe I should find an excuse for being 6 ft tall... or maybe I won't because that is an 'acceptable' part of my genes.

You are telling me that hundrends of thousands of people in the UK alone, make a life choice and a decision to be bullied and taunted all of their lives for being gay. Many posters have said that homosexuality is common in nature and why should humans be exempt from that?

I think my understanding of gay people goes far beyond yours, and to be honest the opinons you are voicing make you sound like a very ignorant person.

Last edited:

Scientists have found genes that make people gay. Do some research before you claim outlandish things. It's also possible to alter a person's sexuality through gene modification (at least in animals they've experimented with thus far).

its not a choice people are gay cause they are its how they were born that way

my twin brother is gay and he acted very feminine from the age of five and also liked boys no one taught him to be like that and he did not know what being gay was

so he must have been born that way

where as i come across as very camp i cant help it it is just the way i am but i am straight

its not a choice people are gay cause they are its how they were born that way

my twin brother is gay and he acted very feminine from the age of five and also liked boys no one taught him to be like that and he did not know what being gay was

so he must have been born that way

where as i come across as very camp i cant help it it is just the way i am but i am straight
My IDENTICAL twin brother is also gay, we look exactly the same and yet we live completely different lives, I play football and watch it regularly and he can barely kick one, despite P.E. teachers efforts I must add!

People are born gay....

As I get older...? If you being an 'older' and 'wiser' person than me is what you are going for, you only adhere to the older.
Sigh, please read again. What i'm saying is when a person gets older and better understands homosexuality and campness, that's when they decide for themselves that's what they are. I'm not saying you don't understand the two.

You are telling me that hundrends of thousands of people in the UK alone, make a life choice and a decision to be bullied and taunted all of their lives for being gay.
What a stupid thing to say. They make the choice because they are clearly attracted to the same ***, not because they want to be bullied.

and to be honest the opinons you are voicing make you sound like a very ignorant person.
To be honest I have the same view of the opposite side of the fence. Some of the pro-gay people in this thread also think being gay (and what it involves) is wrong, as do I. And so I think it's pretty ignorant that it's promoted almost as a good thing by today's media.

For those claiming science proved it's genetical, provide proof (links) and i'll happily read through it and be proved wrong.

However on the subject of campness, it is not genetical and i'll explain why. This campness (displayed by every gay I see) to try and act like a girl (which I don't understand since they're not even attracted to girls in any way so why act like one?) is stupid. No girl talks like a camp guy thinks they do. No girl walks with their hand up in the air, chin pointing up and shaking their *** unless they're an attention seeking teen.

They can't have more feminine genes because they're not even acting like a female, they're just acting like complete idiots.

Last edited:
First and foremost, anyone who cares who someone else is ******* is just and absolute insecure worthless human being. If you can't get over an insignificant fact like that, you don't deserve the right to free speech.

Science has proven time and time again, that although homosexuality is not what the majority of people partake in, it's something which 1 in 10 men do. It would probably be even more if some "people" didn't voice their disgusting opinions on the matter. Homosexuality is present in every species in the world. How much more natural do you want? Homosexuality is not a choice!!! End of!!!

People only think being gay is wrong because of religion, which has for years put gays down for being a minority. You may think, "Hey I'm not religious, so thats not why I think that." but it's because the some parts of religion became so mainstream that they were considered the norm.

If you hate gay people for being camp, simply think about this: Your mother/sister/aunt might be girly when their excited? Why don't you hate them for doing so?????!! It is simply because you are what I like to call a "Canvas Person", you take on board only what you're told. You don't research the actually scientific points of things before you give you boring, heard it before, SICK opion on things. As well as hating gays, you probably also only listen to music your "supposed to" listen to, as well as only liking other kinds of media that a "Man" should .

To some up, you think that everything is supposed to be a certain way, which has been layed out before you were even born. If thats the case, whats the point of living???? Whats the point in people at all if we should all be as we are "supposed to be"?

Sigh, please read again. What i'm saying is when a person gets older and better understands homosexuality and campness, that's when they decide for themselves that's what they are. I'm not saying you don't understand the two.

What a stupid thing to say. They make the choice because they are clearly attracted to the same ***, not because they want to be bullied.

To be honest I have the same view of the opposite side of the fence. Some of the pro-gay people in this thread also think being gay (and what it involves) is wrong, as do I. And so I think it's pretty ignorant that it's promoted almost as a good thing by today's media.

For those claiming science proved it's genetical, provide proof (links) and i'll happily read through it.

http://tinyurl.com/5tsx7zt

There. This has been an argument used against Christian's who claim it's against God's will for someone to be gay.

My IDENTICAL twin brother is also gay, we look exactly the same and yet we live completely different lives, I play football and watch it regularly and he can barely kick one, despite P.E. teachers efforts I must add!

People are born gay....

Surely if he's your identical twin brother it's a good demonstration that nurture or some other variable can also affect sexuality, as well as nature? At some point during his, or your, development, be it pre or post birth, something must have happened different to either of you to cause such psychological differences?

As for the camp argument, believe it or not but different people have different personalities :O Shocking I know. Yes a person's personality can change over time and they can choose to enhance traits of their personality, but lots of males are inherently effeminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.