Homosexuality within sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
if im being honest i dont like gays. the idea of two guys getting jiggy with it makes me quite uncomfortable and i know im not alone so its probably best if footballers keep it quiet

Like others, I hate gays too. But that's mainly because of their decision to put on this camp ****, acting & talking like a girl, walking like an idiot. Just a general drama queen, attention seeking shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude. And I haven't seen a gay who acted normally.

Having said that I doubt a footballer would be camp. But, why the **** should they come out? Public figures are always complaining about a lack of privacy. Is telling people they're gay going to make them suddenly play football better? No.

They should just get on with playing, with no risk of abusive chants, and keep their personal life personal.

This and many of the views on this thread are disgraceful for me to read, I have many close relatives who are gay and several gay friends, so to read many posters talking like this is horrible. I'm hoping you are all 12 years old and haven't experienced the real world yet, but I'm honestly appalled.

The point you make about people having to hide their sexuality is exactly why this post was made. 'Gays', as you so eloquently put it are normal people and shouldn't have to lie or pretend to be something they are not because of idiotic homophobes in the stands. Your reply makes it look like homosexuality is the problem, when infact it is the homophobic behaviour which is the actual issue here.

Like others, I hate gays too. But that's mainly because of their decision to put on this camp ****, acting & talking like a girl, walking like an idiot. Just a general drama queen, attention seeking shove-my-sexuality-in-your-faces attitude. And I haven't seen a gay who acted normally.

Having said that I doubt a footballer would be camp. But, why the **** should they come out? Public figures are always complaining about a lack of privacy. Is telling people they're gay going to make them suddenly play football better? No.

They should just get on with playing, with no risk of abusive chants, and keep their personal life personal.

Stop generalising.

Why shouldn't they be able to tell others that their gay? How do you know it won't make them play better, I imagine it'd be a huge mental lift for a player.

The point is there shouldn't be abusive chants in the first place. Stop acting like a fan's action is a player's flaw. If they should keep their personal life personal, should they not be allowed to be straight either? Why not play in masks so we don't reveal their appearance, I mean that's personal too!

if im being honest i dont like gays. the idea of two guys getting jiggy with it makes me quite uncomfortable and i know im not alone so its probably best if footballers keep it quiet

The idea that anyone refers to *** as 'getting jiggy with it' makes me uncomfortable too.

Not going to lie i hate gays i dont know why probs because people like alan carr and julian cleary off the tele i just despise and it makes me hate them

no you hate camp people not all gays are like that and some you wouldn;t even know were gay

in fact some straight people i know are like julian clary and alan car

interesting thread,
errr i dont see what the problem of gay people playing football, it should be the football that they are judged on

But some fans might use the fact that the person is gay to come up with chants but tbh footballers get abuse already anyway.

Your reply makes it look like homosexuality is the problem, when infact it is the homophobic behaviour which is the actual issue here.
Whatever the problem is, the fact is it's there in football, therefore it's surely in everyone's interests that they keep themselves to themselves.

As I said, being gay or straight has no bearing on their ability to play football. It's not like their job is presenting a dating show, for example. Therefore, why do they have to tell everyone they're gay? That's personal, therefore it should be kept between family and friends, like my personal life is.

Coming out to me seems like an attempt to grab more paper headlines. Personal life should stay personal. But hey maybe that's just me fed up with all this celeb idolizing in general.

It doesn't exactly fill my head with Joy either, but surely, if this is happening in some ones own home, why does this matter? That is who they are, and to say you do not like gays because two men sleep together surely is a little silly?

Would you all of a sudden hate a man who saved your life, like a Dr, just because he might get "jiggy Jiggy" with another guy?

If "gays", and all gays, were doing this in Public, then you're statement would be correct, but they dont,

Because your uncomfortable with it means they should keep quiet ? behave yourself and grow up. I don't like the idea of two men getting together either, However it's not as if we're asking 2 players to admit they're gay and get "jiggy" as you say on the park. As long as they keep it in the privacy of their on home then it's fine. they are harming no one and aren't harming you.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Whatever the problem is, the fact is it's there in football, therefore it's surely in everyone's interests that they keep themselves to themselves.

As I said, being gay or straight has no bearing on their ability to play football. It's not like their job is presenting a dating show, for example. Therefore, why do they have to tell everyone they're gay? That's personal, therefore it should be kept between family and friends, like my personal life is.

Coming out to me seems like an attempt to grab more paper headlines. Personal life should stay personal. But hey maybe that's just me fed up with all this celeb idolizing in general.

So that means all footballs and their wags should keep it to themselves to ?

BOOM!

you really dont have a clue what are you 12 theres lost of straight people who are camp

and they dont shove their sexuality in your face ive met loads of gay masculine blokes

if they wish to come out good for them why should people hide who they are

I will say I dont have a problem with gays, but i do believe it is not right. Meaning I dont have a problem with other people being gay, but I wouldnt be myself.

Whether you believe in creation or evolution, or whatever else you believe about life, there was clearly something in nature that means human are supposed to be straight, because only a man and a woman can reproduce, and men/men or woman/woman cant. This is my reasons behind my thoughts

On the subject of footballers, I believe many dont come out because they are scared of their team mates reactions. They may think that their team mates will act differently because they know they a gay.

So that means all footballs and their wags should keep it to themselves to ?

BOOM!
Yes they should (so nice try attempting to call me a hypocrite). I couldn't give two ***** about what celebs do in their own time and am fed up with papers being full of it. As you said above to someone else, them being gay harms no-one, as they keep it private in their own home. That's exactly my point! They should keep their private life, private. No-one needs to know.

But then maybe you love all this celeb gossip.

This isn't a very good point, being gay puts you in a social minority such as being black or disabled etc etc.

Using your example, would you say that a disabled person could not present a sports show where those competing were able bodied athletes?

Also your mention of 'personal life' has been touched on by previous posts. Footballers have often little or no privacy, and therefore coming out in football could be one of the most revolutionary points in their life. Imagine being attracted to men, living a secret life and then after showing tremendous courage to come out in the press, you know you will still face abuse. However you will no longer be living a lie and be able to have relationships for the first time.

This post was made for these reasons, just because you play football means you cant be gay. I find it a very ridiculous idea.

I will say I dont have a problem with gays, but i do believe it is not right. Meaning I dont have a problem with other people being gay, but I wouldnt be myself.

Whether you believe in creation or evolution, or whatever else you believe about life, there was clearly something in nature that means human are supposed to be straight, because only a man and a woman can reproduce, and men/men or woman/woman cant. This is my reasons behind my thoughts

On the subject of footballers, I believe many dont come out because they are scared of their team mates reactions. They may think that their team mates will act differently because they know they a gay.

Homosexuality is common within nature...

how do you know we dont have any control over our sexuality

You probably have and just not realised they're gay.

sigh i thought we could actually have a rational debate for this, starting to looking like im wrong. stick to the focus of the topic, or leave

You probably have and just not realised they're gay.
Which is how it should be. There is no logical reason for anyone (straight or gay, but cmon ffs, the majority who do it are gay so don't bring up the odd david walliams example) to act camp, based on their sexuality. It's pathetic.

But as I said I doubt footballers behave in that way, so get back on topic. Or I might as well leave the thread, since I can get banned because people don't share my opinion. Hilarious isn't it.

sigh i thought we could actually have a rational debate for this, starting to looking like im wrong. stick to the focus of the topic, or leave

yeah guys. It's been a really interesting debate-don't ruin it like other threads have been with ******** and stuff please. Wanted a sensible debate and it's been that so far. Extremely interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.