In your OPINION who is the best player in the world?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 236
  • Views 9K
As for defenders I always thought Phillipe Mexes was the best Defender in the world, could be wrong now. But I believe he is also a fantastic defender.

this guy is the best :p
pele2h.jpg

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, C. Ronaldo. My vote goes to Messi, with Xavi not far off.

No one else comes close. Gerrard isn't even top 10, and I'm surprised anyone thinks he's best in the world. Favourite player, maybe, but he doesn't have half the ability of any of the aforementioned - no insult to Gerrard, but those 4 are unreal. Someone said Gerrard is best because he is captain and carries the team, being a one club man and whatnot? Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta have all only played on a proffesional level for Barcelona, and they may not be captains or single-handedly carry the team, but to be honest, Gerrard only carries his team sometimes because most of the team aren't that high a quality (not all, obviously Reina, Torres, and a couple others are exceptions).

A few years ago my answer would have been Thierry Henry. However at the present moment Messi and Ronaldo are the two most skilled players on the planet. The likes of Xavi, Vidic, Pique etc could be counted as un-sung heroe's (i mention Xavi as often it is his hard work that leads to Messi scoring, we all know who is credited there). However for players a team could not function without look at the likes of Gerrard, Fabregas and Terry. Role Model proffesionals, fantastic Captain's, leaders both on and of the pitch. They also provide on the pitch, Gerrard and Fabregas dictate the play of their clubs while Terry is one of the most solid CB's ive seen, occasionally popping up with a goal or two for his club aswell.

ALL TIME Right Now My Opinion
Pele Messi Davie Cooper
Maradona Xavi Ally McCoist
Zidane C.Ron Dennis Law
George Best Iniesta Kenny Dalglish
Franz Beckenbauer Pique Messi

(Messi deserves to be there twice)

Only 'cause you don't watch defenders. I watch defenders, I enjoy it.

Also, if you say "the less you notice a defender, the better he is", you've never seen Lucio play. Hilarious to watch: every time he tackles someone he does it with such ridiculous flamboyance, then gets up and marches away, often right OVER the guy he's just tackled. XD

Lol. Obviously that's not always the case, just a rule of thumb. And yeah Lucio is great.

Vidic is vital to United and would get into any starting 11 in the world right now

messi is ONLY GOOD when he plays with Iniesta and Xavi. Just look at Argentina.
Hmm, Ill say Zigic or Pantelic, even Miroslav Slepicka....
Yes, messi is best player nowdays.

1. Messi
2. Xavi
3. Ronaldo
4. Sneijder
5. Iniesta

2010:

1. Sneijder
2. Messi
3. Ronaldo/Xavi

undoubtedly most people will say Messi, but how many of us actually watch spanish football every week, i dont, and i know many other people who dont, yet we still assume that he is the worlds best.

So i take this moment to make my judgement based on the football that i actually watch every week and love...

The best player in the world at the moment is, Dimitar Berbatov

I found it hard to resist saying Gareth McAuley...

However I really think someone like Messi or Vidic.

Ok, what about defenders and GKs!? If someone doesn't score, it doesn't mean that he isn't good enough..