An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

I never said I used him on the right side(HE WAS ON MY LEFT), And my player instructions was for Bale while i was managing Team GB were Cross from-byline, Wide play-Hug touchline, Run with ball-Often so I did get the best out of him..

But Bale is a class player and i think he'll play well on any left side position?? IMO

Agree

Ok my computer crashed which corrupted my save game so I had to start again.

My Signings
Ter Stegen
M'Vila
Fellaini
Srna (board signed him)
Eriksen

Transfers Out
Park
PIG
Diouf
Gibson
Amos (loan)
Johnstone (loan)
Pogba (loan)

I am just finished pre season and I have decided to create my own tactics because it's more satisfying when you create a successful tactic yourself. I am working on a 4-2-3-1, a 4-5-1, and a 4-3-3 with wingers. I am playing narrowly, with slow tempo and short passing with lots of roaming. I will report back after I play a few competitive games.

So after a terrible and embarassing loss towards fullham Away 3-1 it was time to play Tottenhamn home...
Now, for the Fulham game I used the old Might and Magic and rested some key players, maybe that was the problem, when I was a quarter into second half I switched to Short and Sweet and it got better but we still lost. A combination of bad management and crappy attitude.

At home vs Tott I played Short and Sweet.
What I can feel right now is that the old timers are done; Giggs, Ferdinand, Owen, Park and possibly Berbatov (I have had wondergames with Berby.)
If you focus on the Short and Sweet than you only need one striker which means I set Rooney as training for new position AMC.
I have Hernandez, Welbeck and Macheda with Rooney as backup.
Gibson I might keep, he did good when I played him, did one heck of a curveball goal, amazing.
Also, I am not at all satisified with Anderson...

View attachment 205525View attachment 205526

Does anybody have any recommendations for Brittish players?
Everyone always recommend foreign players :)

Raikan;
Here is the report.

Classic Short & Sweet works great, have no complaints, I always score and always win.
New 4-1-3-2 with mode control or attack, not a huge difference, everything is slow on the pitch, not much intensity in front of goal.
Classic Might & Magic will be replacing the new 4-1-3-2 since it works better.
New Short & Sweet so so, I did win my game but had some serious problems with passing and due to the kind of "defensive approach" they did not move towards goal as much. Many long shots.

ive tried these tactics with utd and theyve worked wonders, now im interested in starting from the bottom so what im asking is does these tactics work with lower league teams?

Ok update on the progress of my tactics.

I am into October (slow progress I know but I keep making little tweaks to my tactics to get them right. 4-2-3-1 is awesome against the likes of 4-4-2 and the smaller clubs and 4-3-3 is great when I need extra bodies in midfield and I have had great results with both. 4-5-1 is a bit trickier but that could also be because I use it against the big teams and need more time to perfect it.

My results have been good so far as follows -
Community Shield V Man City W 3-1
Sunderland H 5-1
Norwich A 3-0
Stoke H 2-0
West Brom A 4-1
Genk H 4-0
Arsenal H 4-0
Stoke A 1-0 (Carling Cup)
Chelsea A 3-1
Leverkusen A 1-1
Liverpool H 4-0

As you can see I am unbeaten so far and sitting top of the league which Spurs right on my **** again

im having problems with the away tactic ... any idea playing as man utd and away form seems not to work especially agaist the weaker teams...feel need a defensive strong counter attacking but not sure how to do it...at home use a 4 1 2 1 2 which is doing wonders...tried m and magic but not working so well

also still first in league but knocked out of CL first round..cant seem to pla well there any ideas

im having problems with the away tactic ... any idea playing as man utd and away form seems not to work especially agaist the weaker teams...feel need a defensive strong counter attacking but not sure how to do it...at home use a 4 1 2 1 2 which is doing wonders...tried m and magic but not working so well

If the tactic does not work, switch to short and sweet in the second half but also don't put Rooney as your striker, I use him as an CM in short and sweet and he does a decent performance.

So guys, reccomend me who to buy in January 2013, as I have sold most of my older players (Carrick, Valenica etc) and this is what my squad looks like atm:
View attachment 206002

hey bud, play the normal tactic vs smaller teams, the away tactic is only vs top 6 teams or so :)