Finished the 1st season in the Boro Test. Went very well finishing Championship Champions with bar far the best defensive record and goals scoreed record. We also reached the semi finals in both the Carling and FA cup.

I never used any Opposition Instructions or touchline shouts and never tinkered with the tactic once.

Lets see hw i get on in the Premier,the big test.

Here are the screenshots of my season:

I'd love to know how you can come up with such genius work JP. I get one good tactic out of about 20 so how you keep them rolling out I'll never know. I'll risk this with Tenerife and see how it goes but I don't think playing Barca at the Nou Camp will end well lol

I'd love to know how you can come up with such genius work JP. I get one good tactic out of about 20 so how you keep them rolling out I'll never know. I'll risk this with Tenerife and see how it goes but I don't think playing Barca at the Nou Camp will end well lol
Well i went to Old Trafford in the cup and won 1-0. When playing the big teams use Wish Luck team talk pre match and No Pressure at half time ;)

Well i went to Old Trafford in the cup and won 1-0. When playing the big teams use Wish Luck team talk pre match and No Pressure at half time ;)
Cheers. I've got half a season with my beloved Tenerife buried in the archives. I'm 15th in the first season so I'll let you know how this goes. Not sure if I have the players for it but then again this should really test the tactic. I'll give you 2 cents on this tactic at the end of the season.

I'm honestly delighted to say I actually won my first match using this tactic although it was a bit scrappy. 2-1 win so I reckon I can move onwards and upwards from here :)

View attachment 59276

I started managing Wales with thiis tactic earlier, and I just got a great result.

It's my second game with the tactic, I found a save that was 15 games in but I have too many wingers and full backs but I don't want to get rid of them as I would like to go back to my old tactic that had put me in 14th place. Bear in mind, Tenerife got promotion last season from finishing 3rd and have a squad that makes Burnley's look very good.

I know it is 2 games but both games where against stronger opposition and both performances were very good, need a good tough away game to see how things go as I have picked up just 2 points away from home all season. But I have to take my hat off to you JP, your work never ceases to amaze me :)

Im only 2 games into my Premier League season on my Boro test and considering were relegation certs things look promising.

Here is the squad ill be playing with and my opening 2 results:

Hey JP. :)

Must say I love these. Seeing as you recommended the tactics with a top team, I had a go with my Newcastle team, five seasons in. After winning the league last year I felt the tactics need a change around seeing as I had been using them for the past five years!

I thought they would be successful and I was not wrong. I have played six games so far, winning five and drawing one.

The results:

Newcastle 2-0 Tottenham- Great win. Tottenham are a tough team in my save and this is just my second win against them!
West Brom 2-4 Newcastle- West Brom are one of the best teams on my save over the last couple of years. They were second at the time but after going 2-1 down we fought back.
PSG 1-1 Newcastle- This was a Champions League match and I fielded a weak side. A good result I thought!
Newcastle 2-0 Fulham- Simple as it gets. Would have had more if their keeper hadn't decided to have the game of his life. :'(
Newcastle 3-2 Cardiff- In the Carling Cup and fielded the Reserves. Overturned a 2-0 deficit so a good result!
Everton 0-1 Newcastle- The toughest team for me and I was delighted to get the result. I don't usually beat Everton so credit to you!

Overall verdict-10/10! :wub:

Hey JP. :)

Must say I love these. Seeing as you recommended the tactics with a top team, I had a go with my Newcastle team, five seasons in. After winning the league last year I felt the tactics need a change around seeing as I had been using them for the past five years!

I thought they would be successful and I was not wrong. I have played six games so far, winning five and drawing one.

The results:

Newcastle 2-0 Tottenham- Great win. Tottenham are a tough team in my save and this is just my second win against them!
West Brom 2-4 Newcastle- West Brom are one of the best teams on my save over the last couple of years. They were second at the time but after going 2-1 down we fought back.
PSG 1-1 Newcastle- This was a Champions League match and I fielded a weak side. A good result I thought!
Newcastle 2-0 Fulham- Simple as it gets. Would have had more if their keeper hadn't decided to have the game of his life. :'(
Newcastle 3-2 Cardiff- In the Carling Cup and fielded the Reserves. Overturned a 2-0 deficit so a good result!
Everton 0-1 Newcastle- The toughest team for me and I was delighted to get the result. I don't usually beat Everton so credit to you!

Overall verdict-10/10! :wub:

Good going there and you have a decent if not brilliant squad,another CM or 2 and you will be unstoppable ;) Keep me posted.

You do Realise that what ever you do noobs will still bug you for tactics haa

Good Work though mate ill give it a bash now

One fault with this tactic although it's probably just my weak squad. If you are playing against a team that has good wingers and like to cross the ball to the back stick then you are in serious trouble. I lost 2-0 to Getafe due to 2 back post headers from crosses. Both players were unmarked and 5 yards + space. This probably is due to having no wide players but I suppose it is the risk of playing such a formation. Somehow I managed to throw at Getafe 19 shots, that much I thought would be impossible

One fault with this tactic although it's probably just my weak squad. If you are playing against a team that has good wingers and like to cross the ball to the back stick then you are in serious trouble. I lost 2-0 to Getafe due to 2 back post headers from crosses. Both players were unmarked and 5 yards + space. This probably is due to having no wide players but I suppose it is the risk of playing such a formation. Somehow I managed to throw at Getafe 19 shots, that much I thought would be impossible
If you have decent CBs they usually deal with all the crosses and start a counter attack.The more players they play wide the less they have in the middle where you are strong,if they cant get the ball in the middle they cant get it wide. All formations have strengths and weaknesses.

Good going there and you have a decent if not brilliant squad,another CM or 2 and you will be unstoppable ;) Keep me posted.

Thanks mate. Looking at 2 in January. Who do you recommend would be ideal?

Thanks. :) Oh, JP, I have Guthrie but I had a filter on.

Last edited:
I'd to tweak your tactics a little bit since I have very good full back and I dont want to sell them :'(. So, I change it into 4-3-3. Basically, everything is the same except that I have 1 central midfield with support duty, 1 advance play maker attack, 1 defensive midfield. What role do you recommend for my 2 full back. Should it be just full back with attack duty or support or wing back. By the way, I got lukaku for free last season and I'm wondering which role i should play him, complete forward or poacher.
Ps: Has any of you got 1 wonderkid in your young squad each season ? So far,I got 3 and all of them are strikers.