Status
Not open for further replies.
Got brentford promoted from league 1. Have lost opening 3 games of championship and have been outclassed by southampton, Leicester and Nottm Forest. They pretty much carved me open all over the pitch! I can see a massive difference in clase from L1 to the championship as none of the tactics i have tried so far have been able to gain my brentford side any real time on the ball. Opposition will easily create +25 scoring opportunities and easily score for fun like 8-10 goals a game! Iv tried playing with 2 dm's but still no joy! I feel i have got in some decent players like materazzi, orlandi, penta etc but they dont seem to be using their abilities as i am being over run by every team! This is stopping my enjoyment of the game ;( I hope your tactic helps bring some results my way! Thinking poor results are maybe due to my whole squad being new to that i had in L1 last season!! This is what happened using your tactic... Lost 5-3 to cardiff at home, lost 4-0 to derby away and lost 10-0 to brighton away!! WTF is going on!?? Surely this cant be happening!?

SUPER TACTIC

Ok, so now I have played a full season using only this tactic. Barely any shouts used, and seldom a few tweakings during games.

My team was Bayern Munchen. Ok, not THAT hard to win the Bundesliga, but I did it in style. Won the league by 17 points, runner-up in the German cup final (with B-team as I was saving the starting xi for CL final, but VERY unlucky!) and WON the Uefa Champions League against Barcelona 2-1, even without Robben who got injured just a few days before.

You don't always have superior possession with this one, but you create ALOT of chances. Several times had more than 30 shots, a fraction from long shots.

Worth to know: I rotate heavily the whole season. Reserve team the few days before a CL-match for example // Scored 21 goals from corner in the league // No red card whole season

I recomend it, at least for good teams (haven't tried it on anyone else yet).

TWO THUMBS WAY UP!<)

Here are some screens (table, results first half of season, results second half, player stats all competitions)
View attachment 201491View attachment 201494View attachment 201493View attachment 201492

Last edited:
Got brentford promoted from league 1. Have lost opening 3 games of championship and have been outclassed by southampton, Leicester and Nottm Forest. They pretty much carved me open all over the pitch! I can see a massive difference in clase from L1 to the championship as none of the tactics i have tried so far have been able to gain my brentford side any real time on the ball. Opposition will easily create +25 scoring opportunities and easily score for fun like 8-10 goals a game! Iv tried playing with 2 dm's but still no joy! I feel i have got in some decent players like materazzi, orlandi, penta etc but they dont seem to be using their abilities as i am being over run by every team! This is stopping my enjoyment of the game ;( I hope your tactic helps bring some results my way! Thinking poor results are maybe due to my whole squad being new to that i had in L1 last season!! This is what happened using your tactic... Lost 5-3 to cardiff at home, lost 4-0 to derby away and lost 10-0 to brighton away!! WTF is going on!?? Surely this cant be happening!?

The tactic didn't really work for me either, but I believe my problem was the squad wasn't good enough, my forward wasted too many chances and my teamtalks weren't doing the job. In previous fm you could use woifsongs teamtalks but they don't seem to work that well in fm 12.
Don't forget the tactic works for nearly everybody else so the problem must be something you're doing or not doing.
If your squad is completely new then it will take at least 10-15 games to gel.

i'm playing with M. Tel-Aviv using this tactic, so far played 11 official games. Knocked out from the European League by Club Bruge before even reaching the groups. By overall, won 5, draw 4, lost 2 games. suffering from yellow cards and red cards getting 31 yellow card and 3 red during just 11 games. Any suggestions how to sort this little problem?

I won the CH with middlesbrough.
Got soukouna ahmed on a free transfer for the striker position,stephen jordan for the LB and Andreas Hinkel for RB.

In januari i bought Verratti(2M - 48 months) and De Bruyne(450K). They are still in my PL squad only played one match 2-2 away againts liverpool so not to bad :p

this is my current lineup
View attachment 201520

can you make it in a .tac file for me? i can't open it (downloads.php)

Just a question...
Did your striker made (a lot) goals of headers?
Please ansawer..., looks like a great tactic :)

Sorry for my english...

First game, thrashed our arch rival Schalke 5-nil, made a few adjustment including turn on swap position (AMC<=>AML)

2lka89j.jpg

Questions

Hi JPWoody !

First, Thanks for sharing tactics, this one works nice for me, but I have questions about it. I'm French, so I will try to be the most understandable as I can.

You set the tactic as Very Fluid, so why limit the creativity of the team? And I think that I conceed to much goal, can I set down the D-Line without broke the tactic?

Thanks for your answer :)

Good tactic! I also play Heerenveen, 2nd season. Won the first, using my own tactics, which did not seem to work this season :/
I tweaked it a bit, got the cb's to ball playing-cover, the mid's to DLP & AP, both support and I adapt the striker position to whichever striker I use.

Hi JPWoody !

First, Thanks for sharing tactics, this one works nice for me, but I have questions about it. I'm French, so I will try to be the most understandable as I can.

You set the tactic as Very Fluid, so why limit the creativity of the team? And I think that I conceed to much goal, can I set down the D-Line without broke the tactic?

Thanks for your answer :)

I limit the creativity because its way too high. High creativity may be ok with the likes of Barca or Man City but i want a tactic that works for all. Fluid but disciplined is the way to go. As for the D line i don't know. Why not experiment and see what happens. Let me know how it works. Personally i think if you have good defenders and keeper you wont concede many.

Just a question...
Did your striker made (a lot) goals of headers?
Please ansawer..., looks like a great tactic :)

Sorry for my english...

I dont know. More goals with his feet i think.

Loving this tactic right now, think its fits perfectly for Bayern Munich!

Can you recommend any non expensive bundesliga defenders I can pick up?

Loving this tactic right now, think its fits perfectly for Bayern Munich!

Can you recommend any non expensive bundesliga defenders I can pick up?

Ive never really bought anyone yet for fm 12 so dont know. Put the key attributes i posted in the OP into the search filter and see who comes up.

I limit the creativity because its way too high. High creativity may be ok with the likes of Barca or Man City but i want a tactic that works for all. Fluid but disciplined is the way to go. As for the D line i don't know. Why not experiment and see what happens. Let me know how it works. Personally i think if you have good defenders and keeper you wont concede many.

Ok, I am at the end of the season, I will try it for the last matches !

Status
Not open for further replies.