Status
Not open for further replies.
If you leave it to your assistant he wont focus on one area, he will alternate what area's he trains week by week.

Are you sure JP ? If your assistant coaching style is general then maybe he will alternate, but an attacking style or defence bloke ? Do you get my point ?

So do you leave it on attacking mentality at all points of games? I tend to change if im away to man ity or someone like that so would you recommend leaving it or just changing it depending on opponents?

Haven't a clue. Im Heerenveen and haven't had anything like that run. Won the league and well on the way to a second title. Beating the likes of Real Madrid in the CL. Hardly bought any players either. Have you read the OP and followed all my instructions?

Seems the only thing I never followed on the OP was leaving the match prep to my assistant, even at that I still think that I'd be at least worth 1 point from 5 games doing match prep myself...lol
I now have extended my 5 league game of straight losses to 7 straight losses (losing to a 10 man ajax team)

[h=1][/h]

Very nice tactic, Im in 2018 and i took over Ajax in October 2017 when they were in 10th place. Now I'm in April and am comfortably third which is the media prediction.

Played 25 games
Won 16
Drawn 4
Lost 5
Scored 74
Conceded 37

My attacking with this tactic is awesome, defense isnt amazing though but i think thats due to my incredibly weak centre backs. Regarding the 5 losses, two were in the league and both 3-2 against weaker but not rubbish teams, so thats probably down to complacency or me giving **** team talks. The other 3 losses were in the Europa Cup against a massively strong Arsenal and twice against Spartak Moscow, i wasnt hammered in any of the games and regarding the Moscow losses the tie was lost after the first leg so fielded the reserves in the return leg.
I have noticed with this tactic that i seem to be forcing the opposition into scoring own goals. I think about fifteen percent of my goals have been because of the opponent knocking it into their own goal. lol

So the tactics' working awesome for me. Im expecting to walk the league next year once i've reinforced my central defence. Cheers.

Seems the only thing I never followed on the OP was leaving the match prep to my assistant, even at that I still think that I'd be at least worth 1 point from 5 games doing match prep myself...lol
I now have extended my 5 league game of straight losses to 7 straight losses (losing to a 10 man ajax team)

[h=1][/h]

But you say yourself that you bought new players, are you playing the same line-up as JP. If not then the outcome can be different. Letting your ***.man do teamtalks can give little negative or positive effect. Try saying you have faith, at least 60% of the team react well to this.

Small differnces can make huge differences in results. Once your are in a neagtive trend then it takes a lot of special team talks to get the team winning again.

I'm using this with Middlesbrough (a new game since I lost my temper last time), brought in 13 new players after promotion, not surprisingly a mixed bag of results, 3-0 Man Utd (Home) was a beaut and a real F*** off 2-3 against Newcastle (Away) - was totally outcalssed by the geordies :-(

My own theory is that not every tactic suits every team and the fact that you have brought in players and JP hasn't could be the only difference between success and failure.

Last edited:
First season with FC Sochaux I used your tactic and 2 other and the results was brilliant! Ended at 4th place 3 points behind Lyon that won the league title, won the french cup against Marseille and in the Europa League I got to the semifinals and there the opponent was Tottenham and they were to strong for me(They won the whole tournament).

So far this season ive only used your tactic and it showed great success again :)
View attachment 202287 View attachment 202288 This is latest match against Lille, enjoy ;)

Thank you, going to try it out just now will give some feedback shortly.

Hi,JP!
Your tactic is awsome!!!Remain unbeaten all season!!! Have you got any plans to make another high scoring tactics like you did last year,because i love 4-2-4?

I have a quistion about your tactic, i can't seem to get my central midfielders(that includes my offensive midfilder aswell) to either score or get some assists :( Do u have any clue on how I can fix that? Ive got Marvin Martin, Jonathan dos Santos and Andrea Bertolacci.

Hey mate, I also have a question for you. Is it ok if I change the two central midfielders to, say, an anvanced playmaker and a BWM and what duties should I choose for them?
Because I'm with Tottenham and I really don't wan't to sell Luka Modric just because he doesn't suit the role of CM with Support duty. He has pretty low Finishing, Long shots, Marking and Tacking so he isn't suitable for the role of CM at all (regardless of duty). Or I could possibly play him as an AMC, but then I'll have to sell/bench-up (a new verb that I just invented) Rafael van der Vaart. If I do that, however, I won't be able to find two MC's with high Tacking, Passing and Creativity. Tom Huddlestone would play the part pretty well, but neither Sandro or Scott Parker have good Passing and Creativity.

Thanks in advance. :)

The tactic is set up the way it is because that's what worked best. if you want to change it that's up to you but i doubt it will work as well. I wouldn't worry too much about player abilities. This works well even with players not suited.

Hey JP!

Great work have been using your tact from last season's game...
1 question mate.. does it matter that my 2 strikers are poachers liked ? ( Kadlec and Sanogo) ? should i leave them in AF default role as tactic is set? or change tactic's ST to poacher?

Jp Woody, which patch is this tactic for? I am currently using 12.0.2

Wow, this tactic is great JP Woody. I've won the Italian League in my first season with Fiorentina... Gilardino was on fire scoring 33 goals. Now I'm at the start of the second season. I've bougt Weiss for the AMR position rotating with Cerci. Keep up the good work mate!!!

Something I find helps is if the wingers have good finishing they tend to get a good lot of goals due to crosses from the opposite winger. Something a few people might want to try.

I really wonna download this tactics , but it seems that i dont have a program to open it with ,. What do you guys use ??

I really wonna download this tactics , but it seems that i dont have a program to open it with ,. What do you guys use ??
You download it, cut it and paste it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/tactics, go in game and go to tactics panel. It should show in Archived tactics or something like that.

You download it, cut it and paste it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/tactics, go in game and go to tactics panel. It should show in Archived tactics or something like that.

I know , but my problem is that i cant Download it !? A window pops up and tell me i dont have any program to open it with/download it with

Status
Not open for further replies.