JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 288953View attachment 288954View attachment 288955View attachment 288956View attachment 288957View attachment 288958

Having a very good run with this tactic at the moment! Very vell done!

I have changed the two central midfielders roles (as you can see in the screenshot above) since I believe I get a more solid formation that way, and the players I have seem to perform better.

Rotating the two strikers according to their form and condition. Since Fierro and Ademilson aren't tall enough, or have good heading or strenght, I bought a 17 year old spanish regen, who has, although his lack of experience and age, performed incredibly well so far.

Great tactic JP, I used this in my 2nd season for Arsenal. Finished 5th the season before, with your formation won the league and euro cup, lost out on pens for FA cup.

Went on a 30 game unbeaten run, had 15 game clean sheet record for Szceny (sp), only lost 3 games all season, before my team was fully used to the formation I did draw a lot but thats good. It is a really stable formation, the best formation I have used for FM13 so far.

Of course Arsenal are pretty strong Giroud and Rodrigo are awesome, so def wanna try it with a lesser team.

Only thing I noticed is that the supporting DLP doesnt really get into the action much, I feel like Jack Wilshere is wasted there, but hey its a team game and this formation is really good.

Will post some screenshots later.

Thanks once again JP top man

The CF is support though to link the midfield. Advanced forwards can't do that.

Never really did that for me though :/ I even bought a player who was 5* CF he got no assists or goals for 9 games! I changed him to AF and now hes banging them in and getting a bunch of assists.

Just won the premier league, the capital one cup, the FA-cup and the champions league in the same season with Brighton (year 2018) using this tactic!

Seems promising enough. This just must have been an awful bug in the match engine:

jiesy8.jpg

All conceded in the first half, keeper finished with a rating of 2.8. Never seen such a poor performance

I seen a few pages back that people were changing from standard to attacking, is anyone still having success with that? Tempted to use this with Newcastle but not sure whether to go standard most games or attacking home and standard away.

I seen a few pages back that people were changing from standard to attacking, is anyone still having success with that? Tempted to use this with Newcastle but not sure whether to go standard most games or attacking home and standard away.

I have stuck with attacking and the results are good, have won the championship with wolves and have currently won my opening two premier league games. I started a new game and I kept losing in my pre season friendlies before I noticed the tactic was on standard not attacking :P

My DC still get torn apart with through balls so will try setting one defender to cover....

Pretty unspectacular for me. Finished 14th with Aston Villa, got sacked. The search continues.

View attachment 289930

Won PL the first year with Tottenham, pretty awesome. I just need another tactic to alternate with this one, as I'm not doing so well this season, because AI gets used to the tactic and adapt.
Keep up the good work JP :D

Hi guys, i'm playing spurs 1st season with mixed results but have faith because I see some real nice football and going to stick with this tactic!!! I just want to ask when some of you change mentality to attacking they mean the strategy? and if yes they just change the strategy bar and nothing else? I also want any idea of why when I play the english league never been asked for pitch size? only when I play with non premiere teams!!! one last thing ( i know it's not for this thread, and i'm sorry for that) where exactly i set the experience when starting the game?

Hi guys, i'm playing spurs 1st season with mixed results but have faith because I see some real nice football and going to stick with this tactic!!! I just want to ask when some of you change mentality to attacking they mean the strategy? and if yes they just change the strategy bar and nothing else? I also want any idea of why when I play the english league never been asked for pitch size? only when I play with non premiere teams!!! one last thing ( i know it's not for this thread, and i'm sorry for that) where exactly i set the experience when starting the game?

I can take this one for you JP.

People are doing two things regarding the strategy. Either they change the tactic's strategy to attacking in the tactic screen and leave it set like that, or they have been leaving the strategy at whatever Jp originally has it set as, and then changing it to attacking 5 mins into every game.

Yes, you simply change the strategy, that is all.

You should be getting asked to change pitch size at most clubs i assume, not sure what's happening there :s

You set your "past playing experience" when you load up your new game and you are asked to create your manager profile. There is no way to change this once your game has started.

Thanks Jimmy X, in what topic should I post the problem about the pitch size, it 's frustrating!!!!

Thanks Jimmy X, in what topic should I post the problem about the pitch size, it 's frustrating!!!!

I'm managing Tottenham and same happens to me. I just think White Hart Lane has a default pitch size that can't be changed...

at least i'm not the only one!!!! to get back to the thread I think JP did a great job, and this tactic is a great base for tweaking to success!!! When the season is over I will post the final results!!!

at least i'm not the only one!!!! to get back to the thread I think JP did a great job, and this tactic is a great base for tweaking to success!!! When the season is over I will post the final results!!!

Actually come to think of it, I can't remember being asked for a pitch size at spurs. So it might not actually be at every club that you can adjust it. Not too sure why this is. But pitch size shouldn't really affect a tactic too much, its acts as more of an advantage and doesn't really disadvantage your team if you don't adjust it. Besides the fact you are playing at home will unnerve any travelling teams already.

Actually come to think of it, I can't remember being asked for a pitch size at spurs. So it might not actually be at every club that you can adjust it. Not too sure why this is. But pitch size shouldn't really affect a tactic too much, its acts as more of an advantage and doesn't really disadvantage your team if you don't adjust it. Besides the fact you are playing at home will unnerve any travelling teams already.

true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back