JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding pitch size, some clubs like spurs have a pitch so small it can't be reduced more and there is no room to increase so you don't get the choice.

Tried testing this formation with lesser teams, Swansea and Wigan, got sacked by both lol.

I really like this formation, very solid and score a ton of goals as stated before I am doing really good with this formation with my Arsenal team. Granted it could be I have some good players, so thats why I wanna try this with lesser teams. But not getting the same results.

Still my fave tactic of FM13, but I think gone are the days where you could get a PnP tactic and win CL with Wigan in 2 seasons lol

INTRODUCTION:

Hi guys, after only a week of playing the new game ive decided to release a new tactic after having decent success with it and seeing quite a few people struggling badly with the new game. Hopefully it will show how a simple common sense approach can deliver a reasonable amount of success and hopefully encourage some of you to create your own tactics and have the confidence to persevere with them. This is pretty much the first and only tactic i created for the new game apart from a few tweaks post patch.

THE TACTIC

As the title says its a simple 442 with the emphasis on balance in both defence and attack, 3 outfield players on defensive duty, 4 on support and 3 on attack, the classic balanced set up. Testing it in the Dutch league with Heerenveen ive won the title twice and one Dutch cup before moving to PSV. In no way is this the perfect tactic, it won't win the Prem with Stoke in the first season nor does it exploit the match engine in any way, its simply a solid and simple 442 which with some common sense and patience will deliver success and hopefully show the ease in which tactics can be made using the wizard. The fact ive only used it in the Dutch league so far is a slight worry, ideally i would of liked to test in England but nevermind, ill soon find out if it works or not.

PLAYERS KEY STATS WHEN BUYING:

GK: handling & reflexes

DR/DL (supporting full backs) tackling & concentration

DCR/DCL (Centre backs) heading & concentration

MCR (defensive deep lying playmaker) passing & tackling

MCL (supporting deep lying playmaker) passing & creativity

MR/ML (attacking wingers) crossing & dribbling

STCR (supporting complete forward) heading & strength

STCL (poacher) finishing & pace

NEED TO KNOW

1. I didn't use any opposition instructions during my save.

2. I used no shouts, however i have used the wizard so if you want to use them you can, if they don't work though don't blame me.

3. Use a Small pitch

4. No special training instructions used:

General training default focus was team cohesion on average.

Match training tactics only.

Individual training ask the assistant.

Coaches, ask the assistant to assign.

5. Team talks, pre match i always use a "for the fans" talk. HT if winning either "you're capable of better" or "don't get complacent" HT if losing or drawing, use any aggressive talk. FT praise a win or good draw. A poor result use aggressive talk.

View attachment 284893 View attachment 284894 View attachment 284897 View attachment 284898 View attachment 284895 View attachment 284896

Finally good luck, if it works for you great, if not meh.

DOWNLOAD
Hi JP WOODY, Very good tactics, I'm currently use it for FC Halifax in BSN, top of league unbeaten (haven't drawn a game either!) so far first season including pre-season friendlies still early on only September!. Best tactic tried so far in Blue Square Bet leagues!. Thank you very much for your tactic!.

Hey JP, can I ask whether the MCL need to have abit of defensive stats compared to the one in MCR...

Last edited:
JP's, what about this 4-2-3-1 are you working on there? When it'll be release? Now I'm testing 4-4-2 on Bilbao which is hard because I can only use Bask players, at the beggining I thought "what a **** I can't even buy normal player", but I spend 1 year at Liga Adelente and I like it. Now i start to play at La Liga and I'm 7 after 15 fixtures, results are mixed, sometimes I play good even with better teams. I had some troubles with athletico and even granada, I lost 3-0 or 4-0 at home and I didn't create any situation, I must figure out what's wrong.

I was wondering, could you tell me how to react when I play a bad game, or when I'm losing? Sometimes I change mentality to Offensive but It doesn't work well. It's only one problem I have, and meybe you can give me some advice. But this tactic is simply the best, I tried KGG, Might&Magic, AwesomeAMC, and other good tactics from forum but results were bad, really bad. Meybe now it's impossible to create P&P tactic? We must discover how to improve our game when we play bad.

What did you say about not winning the Premier League with Stoke JP?
View attachment 290925
Incredible tactic.

Wow, that's impressive.

JP's, what about this 4-2-3-1 are you working on there? When it'll be release? Now I'm testing 4-4-2 on Bilbao which is hard because I can only use Bask players, at the beggining I thought "what a **** I can't even buy normal player", but I spend 1 year at Liga Adelente and I like it. Now i start to play at La Liga and I'm 7 after 15 fixtures, results are mixed, sometimes I play good even with better teams. I had some troubles with athletico and even granada, I lost 3-0 or 4-0 at home and I didn't create any situation, I must figure out what's wrong.

I was wondering, could you tell me how to react when I play a bad game, or when I'm losing? Sometimes I change mentality to Offensive but It doesn't work well. It's only one problem I have, and meybe you can give me some advice. But this tactic is simply the best, I tried KGG, Might&Magic, AwesomeAMC, and other good tactics from forum but results were bad, really bad. Meybe now it's impossible to create P&P tactic? We must discover how to improve our game when we play bad.

I wont be releasing anything new until the last patch is out, sorry.

Last edited:
Wooo I understand that. So we must waiting, did SI said something when last patch is gonna to be release?

Union Berlin promoted at the first time of asking. Thumbs up!

Great tactic, I am first middleseason with Liverpool, having some problems in away matches only!!! Especially if you have an assistant with good tactical knowledge doing the O.I.!!!!!

Opening post updated with a new and improved counter attacking version.

I love you JP lol

I was using another formation with Southampton up until Jan, was 19th. Used your tactic, flew up the table - Lambert and Rodriguez are beasting. Finished 7th.

You def need the correct players for the roles, Lambert is perfect for the CF as he is so stong and brings in Rodiriguez. Perfect combo.

Entering my 2nd season now, wanna get into Europe now.

Hey JP can post any screenshot of ur successes with ur new counter version?

not a great start with arsenal 5 point from 4 games...couldnt change pitch size either for some reason? maybe this is having an effect on why tactic is underachieving with arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back