JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use Shouts JP, I am currently using the same formation ther than i have an anchor man instead of 2 central midfielders i am fining shouts to be very effective regarding defensive situations.

No I just don't use them. I'm probably missing out big time. When I test with an average side I'll have a look if things go bad. Which do you use?

We all know you are a plug and play genius JP, don't listen to this shout stuff )

are u going to upload ur 4-2-3-1 anytime soon? :3 ur 4-4-2 works great too!!

Does someone win Champions league with this tactic ? Because in the legue i do alright, it is good. But I struggle in Europe.So any sggestions?

Last edited:
Tactic is working great, some blips of losing the odd one but my only concern is that I have let in 21 goals so far and the opposition nearly always score in the opening five minutes. Quickest goal scored against me was in 20 seconds.....

Tactic seems to be working very well with lower division teams also. In my first season as Stalybridge Celtic in the English Conference North, I won the league very comfortably and was miles ahead of the 2nd placed team. I am now in January in season two and am top of the league by 10 points and have two games in hand :) Thank you J.P!! :D Awesome effort as per usual!!

I'm currently 18th place in BSS with Truro and I'm into January now. Am I the only one struggling with this tac?

Had a good run with this tactic, but the next day I started FM the good play was over. Had lots of matches with like 5 shots and 1 on target (with PSG). But not many losses. I will stick to the tactic I think, switched a lot in the beginning but it seems like in FM13 all tactics work for only a couple of matches...we have to deal with it :)

How's things going with the 4231 JP? Looking forward to it, my fav formation!

JP I've got a problem, first 6 months was great with this tactic, I dominated at league, and Qualified to 1/8 UCL with my Lech Poznan. After that in 2nd part on season I had problems to win at home, away games were also much worse. Finally I was 2nd at the league with only 54pts/30games. I thought that the problem is Pitch size (I had BIG), but now i start new season with small pitch, and that thing is still the same. Away games looks good, but at home I can only draw with outsiders. I can't figure out what's going wrong, motivation is good, but my team can't create Clear Chances.

I can't understand another thing, I've got a BEAST striker whose scores every match 2-3 goals (only 115 CA, 14 finishing, 12off the ball, 12 self control) but he's injured all the time, but when he play, he has a lot of situations to score a goal. My another striker has 130 CA, 17 finishing, 18 off the ball, 15 self control, but he has 1 situation per match only, and can't even score it.
Why it works like that.

Another question to you JP's, why right midfielder (which is defensive one) play like a "playmaker", can I switch it to Left Midfielder whose support?

Thx for your help!

Last edited:
How's things going with the 4231 JP? Looking forward to it, my fav formation!

Not going well with average team. Might have to go back to the drawing board if I get time. Busy at the moment.

JP I've got a problem, first 6 months was great with this tactic, I dominated at league, and Qualified to 1/8 UCL with my Lech Poznan. After that in 2nd part on season I had problems to win at home, away games were also much worse. Finally I was 2nd at the league with only 54pts/30games. I thought that the problem is Pitch size (I had BIG), but now i start new season with small pitch, and that thing is still the same. Away games looks good, but at home I can only draw with outsiders. I can't figure out what's going wrong, motivation is good, but my team can't create Clear Chances.

I can't understand another thing, I've got a BEAST striker whose scores every match 2-3 goals (only 115 CA, 14 finishing, 12off the ball, 12 self control) but he's injured all the time, but when he play, he has a lot of situations to score a goal. My another striker has 130 CA, 17 finishing, 18 off the ball, 15 self control, but he has 1 situation per match only, and can't even score it.
Why it works like that.

Another question to you JP's, why right midfielder (which is defensive one) play like a "playmaker", can I switch it to Left Midfielder whose support?

Thx for your help!

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this tactic isn't suited to your squad I don't know. Regarding the midfielders, change them over. It might well work better. I had the defensive one playmaker so it was like pirlo's role for Juve and Italy.

I don't think so, I buy players especially for this tactic, even with this problems, this is the best tactic I've played in FM2013. ;)
I'm worry about Complete Forward, is it normal that he scored much less goal than second striker? Meybe I can change his role?

JP

shame about your 4231 mate, you still gonna work on it and get it cracked?

I reckon using an advanced forward instead of a CF is better tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back