JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The start of my second season with this tactic at Napoli is dramatic. I lost exhibition matches against teams from second divisions and was at a 12th place in the Serie A after 8 matches. I decided to change the tactic a bit.

I made a slightly more attacking and pressing version by changing the defensive playmaker to a ballwinning mid, changed the strategy to control and pushed up the defensive line just a little bit. I was planning on using this version against weaker opponents. A good test was Sparta Praha away in the Champions League, i won 0-5.

Next i made a slightly more defensive version by starting with the original, changing the full backs to defending and taking off the pressing more. I used it against Roma away, i won 1-6.

What i'm saying is, this tactic worked wonders for me at the start of the first season and with that good start it got me a second place in the Serie A, but it just got worse and worse. At the start of the second season i was losing even the simplest matches. A few slight changes are helping me a lot, even though you advise to go with everything standard.

Teach the two strikers one two and will score a lot of one on ones fierro is my cf and scores so many

The start of my second season with this tactic at Napoli is dramatic. I lost exhibition matches against teams from second divisions and was at a 12th place in the Serie A after 8 matches. I decided to change the tactic a bit.

I made a slightly more attacking and pressing version by changing the defensive playmaker to a ballwinning mid, changed the strategy to control and pushed up the defensive line just a little bit. I was planning on using this version against weaker opponents. A good test was Sparta Praha away in the Champions League, i won 0-5.

Next i made a slightly more defensive version by starting with the original, changing the full backs to defending and taking off the pressing more. I used it against Roma away, i won 1-6.

What i'm saying is, this tactic worked wonders for me at the start of the first season and with that good start it got me a second place in the Serie A, but it just got worse and worse. At the start of the second season i was losing even the simplest matches. A few slight changes are helping me a lot, even though you advise to go with everything standard.

Maybe a slow start to the 2nd season because you bought and sold a few in the closed season and upset team harmony?

Any recommendations on who to sign for the wingers? They seems to be more of "out and out" wingers and not "cut inside" wingers. I'm giving this tactic a try with Liverpool and want to sign some wingers. Particularly left wingers, other than Bale (don't think I can get him too.)

Any recommendations on who to sign for the wingers? They seems to be more of "out and out" wingers and not "cut inside" wingers. I'm giving this tactic a try with Liverpool and want to sign some wingers. Particularly left wingers, other than Bale (don't think I can get him too.)

Try Wellington Nem! I signed him with Tottenham and he's doing great! You just have to retrain him to the LM position....

Maybe a slow start to the 2nd season because you bought and sold a few in the closed season and upset team harmony?
Actually it was a steady decline in performance. Where i won literally everything at the start of my first season i lost some during the winter and even more during the closing of the season. I sold a few players that were away on loans and bought just one player for my first team.

Anything else that could cause this?

Update on my Notts County game. Currently top of the league (comfortably). Aim was to finish top 2 for automatic promotion. 30 games into the season and i'm 26 points ahead of 3rd (think it's safe to say i've got the promotion in the bag... baring a disaster!). Also through to the 4th round of the FA Cup. Looking to whiz through the remaining 16 league games so I can begin re-building for life in the Championship.

Side note: My ML/MR positions are currently held by Alan Judge and Jeff Hughes. To be perfectly honest they both look like MC's, but I lack wingers so I put them there. They're doing fairly well, although I see a massive different in ability to take it to the line and whip a cross in. Kind of tempted to change them to 'wide midfielders' and get them to play more through balls (they're extremely effective when doing this, putting a through ball into the space behind the defence and letting my poacher feed onto onto it. However, very reluctant to change a winning formulae!

I've had mixed results with this tactic so far. I tried it with Tottenham and it produced some extraordinary results, like beating Leyton Orient and FC Twente 6-0 two times in a row. However, when I tried this tactic with Liverpool and drew three of my friendlies in a row. Yup I know it's only friendlies and I'm not complaining just wanted to ask if you know what's wrong? Cause I changed the mentality to attacking for both, and both produced contrasting results. Thanks in advance.

I also noticed that when I switched to attacking the defensive line becomes higher and one simple through ball is enough to split the entire back four, leaving the striker 1v1 against my keeper, that's also how I conceded most of my goals.

Well i have to say, finally it works, and my feeling tells me nothing going to change that! I guess it's ones of this years cornerstones, ones you pop, you can't stop, and that goes for a winning team as well as for a losing team.
Last year i uploaded a tactic, after losing a dozen of games, and from one day to another i was successful, consistently shooting 5-6 goals per game, that's not longer possible, you have to build up, and if you do your job good like really good, you might just lose 3-4 games per season, but the science-fiction-scenario from 2012 with a striker, as a poacher, shooting 70 goals in a season is over :)
However this year i started to get frustrated, started again, after trying 3-4 tactics (also this one) i stopped at one tactic which has been surprisingly successful although there was only one centrel Defender (and two full backs) it was totally irrational, that's where i started to hate the game a little bit because i didn't make sense at all (before beeing patched) but it worked and that was the main thing. But i have been lucky, i won the first couple of games and after that no one could stop me self esteem was high! after restarting the whole thing (because a drunk friend managed to delete it) and starting again from scratch, i realized that i just have been lucky and that the whole thing (like most of this pages tactics) is not consistent enough!
So before my personal simple&solid 2.0 i made sure there are going to be exactly the player on board which the tactic requires, the good thing with this tactic's that your players only need to be good in 2-3 things, as you look to other tactics the creator require 6-7 areas where they have 16 or more, that's why this tactic as a tactic is a bit more stable, as other tactics appear to be so successful more because of the players, but we all know times changed 2013 a good tactic is one which makes you win titles, even if it's after penalty shooting and over-time.

make sure you get good player, and feel free to change from counter-attacking, but i can ensure to you after spending some time on this years tactics, this one could satisfy you 8-| View attachment 288238

Just given it a go because I'm struggling with Halifax. It seems to have sorted out the defence with immediate effect.

Questions:

1. Do you ever use individual talks or just the one team talk?

2. Do you change tactics at all during the game?

EDIT: super, just been sacked! I'll start a new game using the tactic from the beginning!

1. I use just team talk

2. I don't play around with the tactic at all, just leave it. I don't even change the mentality.

Does the players need any preferred moves to play? or are there any we should avoid using?

EDIT: super, just been sacked! I'll start a new game using the tactic from the beginning!

when it comes to team talk, use your assistents suggestions until you get a feeling for it

talking bout tactics changing during the game ... if you are back at half time and couldn't maintain a lot of chances, try to change to control/fluid depends of your team, find out what fits better, i would play around with only these things if the tactic's not working!

I've had mixed results with this tactic so far. I tried it with Tottenham and it produced some extraordinary results, like beating Leyton Orient and FC Twente 6-0 two times in a row. However, when I tried this tactic with Liverpool and drew three of my friendlies in a row. Yup I know it's only friendlies and I'm not complaining just wanted to ask if you know what's wrong? Cause I changed the mentality to attacking for both, and both produced contrasting results. Thanks in advance.

I also noticed that when I switched to attacking the defensive line becomes higher and one simple through ball is enough to split the entire back four, leaving the striker 1v1 against my keeper, that's also how I conceded most of my goals.

You can't start chopping and changing a tactic after 3 drawn friendly matches. You need at least 10 games to get the team to gel. Take a look at post 52 on this thread.

Just given it a go because I'm struggling with Halifax. It seems to have sorted out the defence with immediate effect.

Questions:

1. Do you ever use individual talks or just the one team talk?

2. Do you change tactics at all during the game?

1. no

2. no

Does the players need any preferred moves to play? or are there any we should avoid using?

no

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to make very defensive 4231 tactic that can be consistently successful. I've tested and developed it with PSG, i know they're a top side but obviously id test with an average side before i released. Ive tested with a top side first so i know it will work with top players and defensive tactics in the game are usually best used by underdog teams which in my opinion is rubbish because some of the very best and most successful teams through history have played defensive winning football.

Anyway here is a taster of how i did, only 17 goals conceded in a 38 game season is pretty good i think:

View attachment 288429View attachment 288430

The 4231 looks amazing JP! Who was your main goalscorer though, as I notice your AMC doesn't have the best average rating.

I'm currently trying to make very defensive 4231 tactic that can be consistently successful. I've tested and developed it with PSG, i know they're a top side but obviously id test with an average side before i released. Ive tested with a top side first so i know it will work with top players and defensive tactics in the game are usually best used by underdog teams which in my opinion is rubbish because some of the very best and most successful teams through history have played defensive winning football.

Anyway here is a taster of how i did, only 17 goals conceded in a 38 game season is pretty good i think:

Have you started to incorporate shouts now as this seems to be the way forward when you read other forums and threads?

Do you use Shouts JP, I am currently using the same formation ther than i have an anchor man instead of 2 central midfielders i am fining shouts to be very effective regarding defensive situations.

The 4231 looks amazing JP! Who was your main goalscorer though, as I notice your AMC doesn't have the best average rating.
Pastore is my usual AMC. The forward is my usual scorer but I rotate a lot having a great squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back