Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

AUGUST

So I took over Dortmund and needed to act! First of all I had to sell before I could buy so Gamiero left for Lille (£6.25m) and Jelle Vossen to Celtic (£9.75m). I reduced the number of midfielders in my squad by letting Luiz Gustavo go to Sampdoria for £10.75m and Lukasz Piszczek to Leverkusen for £3.5m. Finally I sold Ogbonna to Hannover for £3.6m and Perisic went there on loan.

Incoming was 2 players for the first team. Vurnon Anita came in from Newcastle for £13.75m to be my new RB. I tried to get Fagner off Wolfsburg but was quoted £20m while Napoli got him for £14m!!! I also signed Isco from Arsenal for £9.75m and he will be my new AMC. My other 2 signings were 2 young regens.

I tried to get Schurrle but although the asking price was £25m I kept getting quoted £38m!!! Didnt want him that badly!

-----------------------------------------------------

German Cup 1st Round

FSV Frankfurt 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Reus 2

I expected a bigger winning margin but we won and thats the main thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 7-0 Augsburg
Reus, Isco, Kirchhoff, Lewandowski 2, Bell 2

Wow!!!! Didnt expect this big a win. Nice

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nurnberg 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski 2

This game was a game where I could really judge my side and I was impressed overall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARCO REUS

images

-------------------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Turkey 2-2 Scotland
Hanley, Wylde

We were 2 down here so to fight back and get a draw was great. Had to decide between Fletcher and Rhodes up front and I went with Rhodes.

Line Up: Marshall, Martin, Hanley (Mulgrew), Wilson (Berra), Wallace, Adam, Robinson (Bridcutt), Stewart, Snodgrass, Mackay-Steven (Wylde), Rhodes (Fletcher)

Perisic was a very good player on my save with dortmund, What was his Current/Potential ability rated by your Assistant?
Other than that Good Transfers done and yes that thing wid Andre Schurlle happened with me as well. Was Transfer Listed for 28m but they were asking me for 35m. Leverkusen were relegated at the End of the First Season so Got him in the Next January for 19m...Take that Leverkusen :P........

Good start to the season is Gotze still there? If so you'll win the Champions' League no problem:D

images

SEPTEMBER

This month was pretty decent I suppose although we did lose pitifully to Bayern Munich. Otherwise we did pretty well. I forgot to mention in last months post that I got drawn against Spurs, Atletico Madrid and Young Boys in the Champions League so we will do well to qualify methinks.

As for Scotland - AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!! lol

Borussia Dortmund 1-0 FC Koln
Lewandowski

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group E

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Atletico Madrid
Kirchhoff, Lewandowski

A great win this. Need to make the most of my home games if we are to progress.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 3-1 Borussia Dortmund
Bell

We got our arses handed to us here. It didnt help that my two CMs got injured though.

---------------------------------------------------------

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Borussia Dortmund
Gomez

A stoppage time goal from Gomez got us the 3pts.

----------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 5-3 Hannover
Lewandowski 2, Reus, Gomez, Isco

Well done Assistant Manager (Zeljko Buvac)

----------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
Bender

My A/M managed to get a better result than I did originally!

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI

images

View attachment 300726

--------------------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 1

Scotland 3-0 Holland
Rhodes, Hanley, Wilson

WHAT A RESULT!!!!! We were amazing and fully deserved the win. Jordan Rhodes has now become Scotland's record goalscorer.

------------------------------------------------

Azerbaijan 1-5 Scotland
Stewart 2, Cairney, Rhodes 2

We fell behind early on and didnt break through until the 20th minute but then it was all one way.

View attachment 300647

Last edited:
We will see how realistic this game is, as im expecting Scotland too beat Denmark home and away get a point at Holland but lose away too Iceland and draw at Luxembourg if that happens then its like the actual Scottish National Team lol

p.s was expecting a draw at Azerbaijan aswell especially after the big dutch win lol

great scotland result....hope you can get the 5th cl in a row...but it will be hard.

Ok for some reason my game crashed and I have to play the Hannover and Spurs game again - will just go on holiday until I get the same kind of result and amend the post.

You are a god,, I've struggled to find commitment to this game and it seems like u have just told me how, do u mind if i start a story like yours but I WILL NOT start with Bayern Munich??

images

OCTOBER

A very good month here as we were unbeaten. It already seems that it is a 2 horse race for the title between ourselves and my old club Bayern. As for the Champions League we should qualify as long as we beat Young Boys away from home.

Overall I think I am 1 or 2 world class players short of having a team who can really challenge for the Champions League. If I had Gotze, Hummels, Kagawa and Subotic I would be more confident!

As for Scotland we thumped Iceland but lost to Denmark - no worries.

Once again my game crashed but this time I only had to replay the Denmark game originally I lost 3-1 and then we lost 1-0 hence the two tables on the post. (As ever I type up my post as I play the game you see.)

Wolfsburg 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
Reus, Gomez, Bittencourt

We fell behind and were struggling but in the last 20min we just bombarded them and scored 3 goals.

Borussia Dortmund 3-2 Hamburg
Lewandowski 2, Ilkay Gundogan

A nice win as we were a goal down with 10min to go but we somehow managed to turn it around.

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Young Boys
Stefanowicz, Lopez

The backups did the job here. We didnt go behind for a change at least! Promising regen Steegmann made his debut while my other top prospect Stefanowicz scored.

Mainz 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
Kirchhoff

We conceded late on here which was disappointing.

German Cup 2nd Round

Hoffenheim 3-5 Borussia Dortmund
Isco, Lewandowski 3, Reus

Just your average boring cup tie! lol

Borussia Dortmund 5-0 Kaiserslautern
Lewandowski, Lopez 2, Sukuta-Pasu (og), Stefanowicz

We were excellent here and Alejandro Gomez had the game of his life as he assisted 4 goals.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEJANDRO GOMEZ

images

View attachment 300799

images

SCOTLAND

World Cup Quals Group 1

Scotland 5-1 Iceland
Wilson, McGeouch, Adam, Gunnarsson (og), Snodgrass

Another fantastic result - the Scottish fans have never seen anything like it! We fell behind early on but ended up thumping them. Ryan Jack made his debut.

Denmark 1-0 Scotland

Back down to earth with a bump!
View attachment 300793

Last edited:
You are a god,, I've struggled to find commitment to this game and it seems like u have just told me how, do u mind if i start a story like yours but I WILL NOT start with Bayern Munich??

lol - knock yourself out mate

images

NOVEMBER

A decent month although we lost twice - unfortunately one was the derby match against Schalke. Otherwise everything went pretty smoothly even with several players out injured.

Alejandro Gomez was absolutely outstanding - the way he is going a potential place in my best XI at the end of the season could be his!

-----------------------------------------------

Young Boys 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Gomez (pen), Leitner

This win pretty much secures our qualification. Atletico Madrid can only get level with us.

---------------------------------------------------

Greuther Furth 1-4 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski, Bittencourt, Reus, Gomez

Another very nice win. Bittencourt came into the side and scored one and set up two!

---------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Reus, Bell, Gomez

We were quick off the mark here and surged into a 3 goal lead. We were without Lewandowski, Anita and Isco too!

----------------------------------------------------

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Borussia Dortmund
Fer (pen)

We deserved to lose and it could have been worse as Zieler saved two penalties.

Schalke 3-0 Borussia Dortmund

When you got two goals down and have a man sent-off in the first 15min you know you arent going to win. Not the best derby match I have had!

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 VfB Stuttgart
Gomez, Bell

Werder Bremen 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
Isco 2, Gomez

Werder Bremen are struggling so it was nice to kick them while they are down!

------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Reus, Gomez

A point would have seen us qualify 2nd so to win and top the group is a fantastic achievement.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEJANDRO GOMEZ

images

22 games, 9 goals and 18 assists - unbelievable!!!!!
View attachment 300821
images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Scotland 4-2 Canada
Stewart, McGeouch, Rhodes, Fletcher

Nice last two months with Dortmund and Scotland. I reckon you'll be good enough to win Champions League with some nice signings in January. Go on!

images

DECEMBER

Only the 3 games this month so not much to post. However I am absolutely raging with the draw we got in the Champions League. I thought the team that finished the group got the easy draw!

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Hoffenheim
Gomez, Reus

Quite disappointed that with over 35 attempts at goal we only got 9 on target - at least 2 went in!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Monchengladbach 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
Fer, Bittencourt, Reus

The Gomez show continues as he assisted 2 of the goals.

------------------------------------------------------------

German Cup 3rd Round

Freiburg 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Steegmann 2

We fell behind early on but young Steegmann popped up to score twice.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARCO REUS

images

View attachment 300874
images

UEFA Champions League Draw

View attachment 300873

So Spurs finish 2nd and get Marseille while we get Arsenal!!!!! That is not fair!

the only good thing from the Draw is 3 big teams are surely gonna be out, Juve or Madrid, Barca or Psg, Bayern or City.....and i m sure u gonna get through, only problem is Giroud i think.

images

JANUARY

So after spending 10 minutes raging at my laptop after the Champions League draw I decided to plan for the future. Therefor I have signed a few top notch youngsters to come in just now and a few for the summer. Basically in two years time I think I will have an amazing team.

Of course we might always sneak it this season..............lol

Now for the transfers. I had to sell before I could buy so Lisandro Lopez was sold to CSKA Moscow for £16.75m and Paul Papp went to Aston Villa for £3.5m. I also managed to sell Rode to Borussia MGB for £6.5m while Leitner went there on loan.

Getting players to come in was difficult. I found an amazing regen CB but was quoted £27m for him only for Porto to sign him for half that. I agreed to sign Marko Marin off Man Utd but he already played in the Champions League so I called it off.

I did manage to bring in a great RB however for £3.8m- not as good as Damiani but he will be top notch and I will put him straight into the 1st team. Anita's versatility means that he will always get plenty of games.

I also brought in a decent regen defensive midfielder for £3m. Hopefully he will get a few games and boost his stats for next season.
View attachment 300920View attachment 300919

I then spent the next hour frantically trying to find a half decent CB for £3m but failed which means I have to get by the rest of the season with only 3.

------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 6-1 Nurnberg
Gomez 2, Kirchhoff, Stefanowicz 2, Reus

Nice to see the winter break didnt have a negative effect on us! Reus got 3 assists, Stefanowicz 2 and Gomez 1!

Augsburg 0-4 Borussia Dortmund
Gomez, Stefanowicz 2, Isco

Goals galore as young regen Stefanowicz is certainly giving me something to think about when Lewandowski regains fitness.

FC Koln 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
Reus, Gomez, Stefanowicz

These 3 games have all been about 3 players - my 3 goalscorers here!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUKASZ STEFANOWICZ

View attachment 300894

View attachment 300928

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Andorra 1-2 Scotland
Rhodes 2

the only good thing from the Draw is 3 big teams are surely gonna be out, Juve or Madrid, Barca or Psg, Bayern or City.....and i m sure u gonna get through, only problem is Giroud i think.

Just checked out the Premiership and Arsenal are mid table (Spurs running away with it). Giroud, Erick Torres and Higuain have hardly played - just Rooney.

I also noticed that apart from Rooney and Witsel they have signed M'Vila and Shaqiri plus Wenger must have retired because Guardiola is in charge. Mourinho replaced me at Man Utd while Roberto Di Matteo is England manager!

Back