Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 529
  • Views Views 124K
well done just mind blowing what you are doing any chances you can upload your tac would love to try it keep up the good work

Dont know how to upload a tactic but will post this screenie of my tactics
View attachment 274250

View attachment 274251

Ignore the player roles and mentalities as I change them to suit the player that is picked. Individually I always like to have a player with 18+ on set pieces.

To upload a tactic in a thread, go to advanced and, below the message text, look for the manage files button. Click it and browse your tactic in the tactics folder.

images

SEPTEMBER

A good month but we need to learn off this month - be it from the sheer amount of games we have to play each week to the fact that we are up against a higher quality of team in European football. On the whole though we did well (especially as we were without Cosenza and his set pieces!) and have started the league campaign strongly.

------------------

Bologna 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Yilmaz, Nikitin

A debut goal for Yilmaz as we throw away the lead twice to drop 2pts. Radosevic got stretchered off and Karadzole got sent-off.

--------------------

UEFA Champions League Group C

Bayern Munich 5-3 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Diego 2

2 down after 8min and a man down after 20 means we never had a chance really - had a goal disallowed too!

------------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Bari
Diego

--------------------------

Lecce 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Ibsen, Polverino

Nice win this as we were without a few players.

---------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Atalanta
Reid (og), Kabasele, Diego

Much more comfortable than the result would suggest - concede 2 late on.

-------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Anderlecht
Nikitin (pen), Diego

A must win game this and we managed to do so fairly easily.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO

View attachment 274269

View attachment 274270

images

POLAND

UEFA European Championship Quals Group C

Poland 0-0 Belgium

Czech. Republic 0-0 Poland

Barring a shock defeat against Armenia we should have 2nd place in the bag.

5 games gone and looking good right now. Only other thing I can say is the chairman is a *******! Can't believe he is still going over your head and selling players.

images

OCTOBER

What a horrible, horrible month. Tough fixtures on paper but I expected more wins than we got. Really struggling to put the same side out 2 games in a row here which is harming our chances of success. Nikitin though has been a positive as he is a ready made replacement for when Cosenza is out as his set pieces are great!

I have decided to promote youth team prospect Righini to the first team squad to replace Belmehdi who I have dropped down to the reserves. Righini came through the youth intake 2 years back and now looks like this -
View attachment 274423

------------------------

AC Milan 3-1 Castel di Sangro
Cosenza

Got absolutely battered here. Could have been 10-1.

------------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Juventus
Yilmaz

Disappointing result here as we conceded late on to throw away 2pts.

Chelsea 3-1 Castel di Sangro
Yilmaz

Was leading at half-time but Fernando Torres scored a hat-trick to spare Chelsea's blushes.

----------------------------

Roma 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Kabasele

Another disappointing draw as Roma are struggling. We did play most of the game with 10 men after Diego got sent-off but conceded late again!

-----------------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Palermo
Nikitin

Victory!!!!! At last. Didnt really deserve it and had a few nervy minutes at the end when Kabasele got sent-off.

------------------------------

Napoli 2-4 Castel di Sangro
Yilmaz 3, Radosevic

We got battered 1st half they got battered the 2nd. We are better at battering lol. Cherubin ended up with a rating of 3.2 somehow and Yilmaz scored a hat-trick of headers off Nikitin's corners.

Oh and Polverino got sent-off for us and Behrami saw red for them!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TARIK YILMAZ

View attachment 274425

View attachment 274426
-------------------------------

images

POLAND

UEFA European Championship Quals Group C

Poland 2-0 Armenia
Socha (pen), Lewandowski

A comfortable win to confirm our place at the Euros in the summer. If Belgium beat Liechtenstein next month we will go through as runners-up in the group.

images

NOVEMBER

A good month with some very exciting games with loads of goals. Kicked off the month with a narrow defeat to Chelsea but then kicked on by going on a winning run that sees us top of the league.

-------------------------------

UEFA Champions Leaue Group C

Castel di Sangro 3-4 Chelsea
Kovalik, Iorio, Ibsen

This time it was Leandro Damiao who scored a hat-trick for Chelsea agaist us.

Novara 2-3 Castel di Sangro
Nikitin, Yilmaz, Kovalik

We edged Novara here just. Threw away the lead twice though.

Castel di Sangro 5-2 Reggina
Cosenza 2, Bertini, Radosevic, Diego

Bertini scores! Really??? Ah well - nice win this

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Bayern Munich
Diego

A famous victory for us here. We got the early goal and held on which secures us 3rd place and a Europa League spot after Christmas. If we scored another we would have a chance of going through but couldnt quite get it - although the league table says Bayern havent qualified - they have due to the head to head result.

Chievo 0-1 Castel di Sangro
Ronnow

Narrow victory with Ronnow's first goal for us getting us the 3pts. Righini missed a load of chances towards the end. I keep putting him on with 20min left to develop him.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SILVIO BERTINI

View attachment 274451

View attachment 274453

images

POLAND

Friendlies

Malta 0-4 Poland
Obraniak, Dudka, Lewandowski, Malecki

Poland 0-2 Romania

DECEMBER

Busy month this and not just for us as AC Milan got taken over (by Franco Baresi) and Palermo, Roma and Inter Milan sacking their managers. We failed to qualify from our Champions League group but I am not bothered about that as it was a good experience for our players. Hopefully we will get a decent run in the Europa League.

Some transfer news. I have agreed to sell Cherubin to Young Boys for £2.9m but only after I got offered this lad on a free transfer to become my reserve rb -
View attachment 274468
God knows what the average age of my squad will be when Cherubin leaves as at 29 he is 6 years older than anyone else in my first team squad.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Fiorentina
de Jong (og), Yilmaz

We defeat the champions with our goalie Zaitsev getting the MOM award - remember he is co-owned by Fiorentina lol.

Anderlecht 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Diego, Righini

Rested a few players here and couldnt get the win despite Daddy Daniel (lol) getting sent-off for them.

AlbinoLeffe 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Diego

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Inter Milan
Yilmaz 3

3 corners (2 by Cosenza,1 by Nikitin) = 3 Yilmaz headers = 3 goals = 3pts. I was pondering whether or not to go ahead with the Yilmaz deal - he has scored 11 in 17!!!! lol

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TARIK YILMAZ

View attachment 274470

View attachment 274471

I hopefully shouldnt have to say this but for any first time looker in my story - I do not have any set plays organized for corners and free-kicks. I just make sure I have players with very high set piece abilities and a few good players at heading. Where they cross it is decided by the AI

Set peices look a very key part of your game. I may have to incorporate that into my team next season seems very effective. Fantastic results though good luck with it :)

Mate you are doing fantastic! Also please look up the argentinian side Velez as i am sure you can pick up some absolutely class youngsters from there, they allways produce world class players on my save every year, and they go for like 1-4 mill only aswell :)

TommyTomster if you want quality cheap youngsters you go to INF Clairfontaine, they're free and quality plus they are EU.

images

Defender of the Year - Tarik Yilmaz
Foreign Player of the Year - Tarik Yilmaz
Italian Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Player of the Year - Tarik Yilmaz
Foreign Player of the Year - Tarik Yilmaz

JANUARY

As usual January is a busy month with plenty of games and plenty of transfers. I did make one change to the team though by putting Righini out on the left wing thus moving Kopecky to be my AMC and Kovalik to the bench. It worked well until Righini got injured against Fiorentina and is out for a month!

Transfer wise we sold half of Santurro to AC Milan for £450,000 and Belmehdi to Torino for £300,000 - both remain with us. Also we sold 50% of my 19 y/o Portuguese winger who is nowhere near my 1st team for £3.9m!!!!!! Tagliani, Polverino and Peychev left on loan also.

We did however bring in two players - this lad on a free transfer
View attachment 274651

And this lad for £12m!!!!! More than doubling the club record.
View attachment 274653
I brought him in from Young Boys. Never had him before so we will see how good he really is. Planning playing him at AMC.

I have found some amazing regens but cant get them as we have already signed 2 non-eu players this season. boooooooooooooooo. Finally our Dutch striker from last season - Versleeuwen - has joined Udinese for £3.6m

Torino 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Crisetig

A decent point I suppose given the fact that Nikitin got sent-off in the 1st half.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Udinese
Righini

Coppa Italia 1st Round
Castel di Sangro 1-0 Roma
Nikitin

A nice win against the side who knocked us out last year in the semis

Parma 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Ibsen

Sampdoria 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Ibsen

3 draws in 4 league games sees us slip into 2nd place. Havent been beaten domestically since October the 4th though.

Coppa Italia QF
Castel di Sangro 2-0 Fiorentina
Ronnow 2

The champions are defeated again. Yilmaz is still out injured so his replacement Ronnow takes up the mantle to get on the end of Cosenza's crosses lol.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Bologna
Cosenza, Ibsen

Had Kovalik and Radosevic stretchered off in the 1st half but we still won anyways. Kovalik is out for 2-3 months.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMIL IBSEN

View attachment 274644

View attachment 274645

Last edited:
TommyTomster if you want quality cheap youngsters you go to INF Clairfontaine, they're free and quality plus they are EU.

Yo gogogo i have a large database and french ligue 1 and 2 loaded still cant get any players from there, how many french leagues must i have loaded?

images

FEBRUARY

A hectic month with games coming thick and fast with some big games in all competitions played. Hervin Ongenda has settled in fairly well also - mainly playing as the AMC. Looking good at the top of the league but can we maintain our momentum and consolidate the position?

Bari 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Crisetig, Ronnow, Iorio

Ongenda made his debut here but wasnt involved in any of the goals.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Lecce
Ronnow 2

We had 2 sent-off (Bertiniand Karadzole) and they had 1 lol

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Udinese 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Diego

Was 2 up at half time and cruising - Ongenda had 1 disallowed and it went all wrong from there really.

Atalanta 2-5 Castel di Sangro
Cosenza 3, Ongenda, Nikitin

Great performance with Ongenda getting off the mark for us. He also got 2 assists.

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg

Valenciennes 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Nikitin

They were also in the Champions League this season so they are no mugs. Nikitin scored in stoppage time to give us a valuable away goal.

Castel di Sangro 1-1 AC Milan
Nikitin

We destroyed Milan here despite falling behind but we could only score once. Ended up taking 23 shots but at least we didnt lose I suppose.

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (1) 3-0 Valenciennes (2)
Cosenza, Kabasele, Crisetig
(Agg: 4-2)

Through we go to face Juventus who knocked out Sevilla.

Juventus 3-0 Castel di Sangro

Was without 10 players here (Ongenda, Kopecky, Ibsen, Karadzole, Kovalik, Nikitin, Bertini, Diego, Ronnow and Baran) so it was no surprise that we got beat. Will be after revenge in the Europa League!!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PASQUALE COSENZA

View attachment 274689

View attachment 274690

Yo gogogo i have a large database and french ligue 1 and 2 loaded still cant get any players from there, how many french leagues must i have loaded?
I don't know I just know Clairefontaine create epic regens that can get snapped up for free.

images

MARCH

A fantastic month for us as we maintain our championship charge and progress in both cups. We scored a shed load of goals too which is always nice with Diego finding his feet now he has got a run in the side after being injured or suspended a lot earlier in the season.

Wouldnt mind a few more goals from Ongenda but he is setting a few up - when Cosenza and Nikitin arent of course!

Castel di Sangro 4-1 Roma
Kopecky, Cosenza, Radosevic, Righini

Great result this - although thy are struggling they do have some decent players - especially in Destro.

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
Juventus 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda, Diego, Nikitin

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Was 2 up and I was delighted with that. They pulled one back but had a man sent off and Nikitin scored in stoppage time!!!!

Palermo 3-3 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Cosenza 2

2up and cruising then threw it away in 1 10min spell in the 2nd half. Kabasele got sent-off, I took the lead at 3-2 with 10min left then they had a goal disallowed and scored a penalty!!

--------------------------------

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (3) 1-1 Juventus (1)
Radosevic
(Agg: 4-2)

Castel di Sangro 5-1 Napoli
Diego 3, Karadzole, Iorio

Wooooooooooo. Was 1-1 after an hour and they had 1 chalked off but after that we steamrollered them.

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg
Castel di Sangro (2) 3-2 Udinese (2)
Kopecky, Cosenza, Diego
(Agg: 5-4)

3up at half-time and we were through but they made it a nervy affair when they pulled 2 back. Juventus are up next in the final.

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Novara
Ongenda, Diego, Nikitin

With 20min left we were a goal and a man down (Kabasele's 3rd red card) so to come away with a 3-1 win made me a very happy bunny! lol

UEFA Europa League QF 1st Leg
Castel di Sangro 1-0 AS Saint-Etienne
Yilmaz

Yilmaz was the hero and villain as he got sent-off soon after scoring. The clean sheet was almost as important as the goal as we are always likely to score in any game.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO

View attachment 274799

View attachment 274800

images

APRIL

We are getting a tour of France it seems like as after knocking out Valenciennes and Saint-Etienne we came up against relegation threatened Lille in the Europa League semis. Guess who we have in the final? LYON!!!! lol.

We can almost touch the championship trophy - 2 wins away!!!!!

Reggina 3-3 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda 2, Diego

Considering we were 2 up after 10min this is a very poor result.

UEFA Europa League QF 2nd Leg

AS Saint-Etienne (0) 0-0 Castel di Sangro (1)
(Agg: 0-1)

-----------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Chievo
Radosevic, Righini

Back to winning ways - Baran missed a penalty despite having 20 for penalty taking.

----------------------------------

Fiorentina 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda

We took an early lead but were really awful and deserved to lose although both their goals came late on.

----------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 AlbinoLeffe
Nikitin, Righini

Rested 10 players for this game for our upcoming games.

---------------------------------

UEFA Europa League SF 1st Leg
Castel di Sangro 2-1 Lille
Ongenda, Radosevic

Was without several players and had to give 2 players their debuts so this was a pleasing result.

-------------------------------------

Inter Milan 0-0 Castel di Sangro

We were 2nd best throughout so this was very much a point gained. Kopecky got sent-off.

-------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League SF 2nd Leg
Lille (1) 1-1 Castel di Sangro (2)
Ronnow
(Agg: 2-3)

Got lucky here as they had a last minute goal disallowed. Through we go though.

-----------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HERVIN ONGENDA

View attachment 274896

View attachment 274897

all i can say is WOW dont know how you do it but keep it up this story rocks

Back