• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 529
  • Views Views 124K
THE RUN IN
THE FINAL ROUND - WEEK 38 & END OF SEASON REVIEW

Udinese 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Crisetig 2, Versleeuwen

Went behind after 7min but blew them away for a memorable end to a memorable season. But how did the other 2 get on? We were without Cosenza and co again too.

THE FINAL TABLE

View attachment 274109

Unfortunately both AC Milan and Fiorentina won 3-0 so Fiorentina win the league to end AC Milan's run of titles.

AWARDS
Cherubin and Cosenza were named in the team of the year.

MY LEAGUE SCORERS

16(1pen) Versleeuwen, 13 Cosenza, 9(1pen) Kovalik, 7 Cherubin, 6 Ibsen, 5 Brandao, 5 Kopecky, 4 Crisetig, 2 Belmehdi, 2 Radosevic, 1 Cassano, 1 Forestieri, 1 Fossati, 1 Ronaldo, 3 Own Goals

SQUAD

View attachment 274110
Cosenza stands out, Versleeuwen recovered well and Cherubin was very surprising.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
PASQUALE COSENZA
View attachment 274111

SUMMARY
Excellent season with a Champions League finish but there is a distinct feeling of what might have been in both the cup and the league. If only Cosenza was available for the last 3 games............

Oh man, I can't wait to see the final match results. I'd put your result last before Fiorentina, for more glory of heartstrikes. *fingers crossed*

EDIT. Oh, damnit. Stupid U23 national managers and them not respecting a small team's title battle. Umph!

Anyway, WHAT A GREAT SEASON!!!

Last edited:
Fantastic 1st season in the big leagues, so **** unlucky too

Only 3rd. Mate thats a huge let down! haha!

Crazy to think there's Champions League football already when anything above religation would have been an achievment!

images

POLAND

Friendly

Poland 3-1 Slovakia
Wolski 2, Perquis

European Championship Quals Group C

Armenia 2-5 Poland
Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski 2, Wolski, Perquis

Liechtenstein 0-2 Poland
Wolski, Lewandowski

Got to be honest here - couldnt be arsed playing these 3 so went on holiday for 1 day on the day of the game - the chances of us losing any of the 2 qualifiers were slim so I just skipped them. Would have expected a better result against Liechtenstein!

Great story! A bit unlucky in the end, though you did great even finishing in the top three. Just a question though, I thought you could withdraw your players from those U21 matches as I think they are not competitive matches? I remembered withdrawing my players so they could play in the FA Cup final once. Sure they were ****** but we won the match so who cares.

Great first season in the big league mate! Gutting you finished 3rd but its a massive jump. Hopefully you can go on and win the league next year.

Dump them for a central/south american country now so you can pick up Spanish. With all those languages you'll pick it up quick and then move on to French or Portugese speaking countries. Languages offer you an advantage with signing new players KLIPPYBO.

Yeah - considered about taking the Mexico job but decided against it. This will be my last season as Poland manager methinks.

Yeah - considered about taking the Mexico job but decided against it. This will be my last season as Poland manager methinks.
I agree, Spanish, Portuguese and French will really help you while Polish won't help much. Polish though should help you pick up future languages though.

images

PRE SEASON
(up to date of 1st game on the 18th of August)

AIMS
I told the board Europa League qualification but I am going for Champions League qualification.
Get through to the Champions League group stage (we have PSV in the qualifiers)

PLAYERS IN

Well I should state that the board gave me a budget of £18m! A bit higher than £80,000 that I got last year (or the year before - I forget lol)

Anywho here they are -

TARIK YILMAZ

View attachment 274137

Really needed a centre half and after having a £12m move for an Argentinian fall through (already signed 2 non-EU players) I plumped for this guy for £4m. Has become my highest paid player as he is on £22,000 a week - £12k more than Crisetig.

DIEGO

View attachment 274138

Undoubtedly my new star and main player. Splashed out a club record £4.4m for the guy and I expect big things from him. Has a release clause of £20m.

GIUSEPPE IORIO

View attachment 274139

Looks like a promising young player and will be in my 1st team squad as backup mainly.

LUCA FABRIZIO CINELLI
View attachment 274140

The same as above really!!!

VICTOR NIKITIN
View attachment 274141

Arrived on a free transfer and will be Cosenza's understudy. Hopefully he will prove to be a big hit.

AND THE OTHERS...........
View attachment 274142View attachment 274143

We also got back the full ownership rights to Polverino and Peychev despite me bidding £0! So Sampdoria basically just gave me £2.9m for nothing! lol

TOTAL SPENT - £11m

PLAYERS OUT
Firstly we sold 50% of Twardzik for £400,000 and Zaitsev for £3.5m, Forestieri for £180,000 and somehow Kevin Lord for £2.2m. Forestieri is the only one who isnt with us.

Out on loan went - Ronaldo, Bonta, Ionov, Havlicek, Hain, Solidoro, Neple, Carioto and Pacuszka.

Released were - Mineo, Vona, Bronzi, Svendsen, Nordstrom and Sotira.

Sold were - Brandao went to OB of Denmark for £1.4m while Cuomo and Bandini to Pisa for £460,000 and thats it!

TOTAL INCOME - £8.5m

SUMMARY

Well Yilmaz is my new CB and Diego my new striker. Other than that the first eleven is pretty much the same methinks. My squad is sooooooooooo young its unreal. Cherubin is 28 and then I have 3 aged 22 and everyone else is u21! I have 7 teenagers at the moment in my squad.

NEW STADIUM NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally the board have agreed to build a new stadium which will cost £26m to build. It will hold 23,118 and will be ready in 2018. The name of the stadium?

THE CUDICINI STADIUM
after our famous ex player Carlo Cudicini. Its not as if an unknown Scottish manager has done anything for them after all is there???? Hmmmph.

images

Last edited:
Looking good for the new season! Got to be gunning for the title. Shame about the naming of the stadium! Should have been you not Carlo.

You should have looked at mattia destro for one of your new signings, talented fast an just in general a really good striker, wich is also italian :)

images

AUGUST

We are in amongst the elite - but probably not for very long. We comfortably knocked out PSV Eindhoven before getting a horrible draw against Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Anderlecht. Will quite happily take 3rd place there.

We did do some more business in the transfer window - splashing a club record £5.5m on another new centre half with a fantastic name (Bigger Kabasele) and bringing in a new young right winger as cover. Unfortunately the chairman was up to his old tricks again by going over my head to sell 16y/o prospect Gialloreto for £775,000.

Here is Kabasele -
View attachment 274241

-----------------------

UEFA Champions League Play-off 1st Leg

Castel di Sangro 4-0 PSV Eindhoven
Kabasele, Cherubin, Nikitin 2

What a result!!!! Kabasele scored 3min into his debut after he nodded in Cosenza's corner. Cosenza ended up with 3 assists. Nikitin came off the bench to net twice on his debut.

-----------------------

UEFA Champions League Play-off 2nd Leg

PSV Eindhoven (0) 1-1 Castel di Sangro (4)
Radosevic (pen)
(Agg: 1-5)

We make it through quite easily. Woop!!!!

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Sampdoria
Radosevic, Antel (og)

A nice way to start the season. Dont know why Radosevic has picked this moment to score goals but hey ho.

-------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSIP RADOSEVIC

View attachment 274242

Doing great, well done on CL group stage and Bigger Kabasele would be an even better centre half if he was a bit bigger. lol

You will find out soon enough (already have too a point) that when it comes too co-ownership deals, its a great way too raise funds as alot of the time (not all) when the time is up the AI team rarely puts in an offer so if you only bid £1k a lot of the time you will get the player. If you look at Kanderrsons Not another San Marino story you can clearly see this happening

well done just mind blowing what you are doing any chances you can upload your tac would love to try it keep up the good work

Back