Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 529
  • Views Views 124K
Strong start and Lazio and Pescara being c1/b is awesomely insane. I can see more in Cosenza than kandersson but he wouldn't be a first choice unless I was second tier or below.

PASQUALE COSENZA

Thought I would do a post about my main Italian player and point out why I play him! lol

Here is his latest screenie
View attachment 276416

He aint the quickest, he isnt the best finisher in the world and as pointed out earlier for being 6ft 5 he isnt that good at heading the ball but he can take a free-kick with the best of them.

To be honest I am surprised he has done as well as he has but if you look at his mental stats (which I always look for 1st) you will see he stands out. With my formation I need players to have high work rate, off the ball, stamina, teamwork and decisions and as you can see he stands out there!!!!

Also although his finishing isnt rediculously high his composure makes up for it I think and another reason why I have no interest in replacing him is that he is Italian!!!! I always like to have many players from the home nation of where I am at.

Funnily enough I always thought Nikitin was Cosenza mark2 as when he takes over on the RW he is involved in a goal every game also and I just did a comparison........
View attachment 276416View attachment 276417
View attachment 276418
pretty much identical!!!!!!

Like this post, you have just highlighted some stats that I have recently overlooked. NO MORE SHALL THEY!

images

NOVEMBER

We maintained our perfect record in the league this month with some fine displays thrown in for good measure! I even had the luxury of playing backup players in the Champions League.

The funny point of the month was Kinho taking a free-kick - hit the post with it and got booked for bringing down a player in the breakaway!!!

-------------------------------------

Torino 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda, Kopecky

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Roma
Bursuc 2, Ongenda

The only bad thing about this performance was not adding to the early glut of goals we scored after being 3up very early on.

------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group F
Wisla Krakow 0-5 Castel di Sangro
Diego 2, Iorio, Righini 2

The backups and youngsters did a fine job here!!!

Parma 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky 2, Bursuc 2(1pen), Ongenda

Another great win although something strange did happen - we conceded!!!!!

---------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Udinese
Ongenda, Crisetig, Cosenza, Righini

Another win - spreading the goals about - another clean sheet - business as usual.

----------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 CSKA Moscow
Iorio, Montandon

Having already qualified I played the backups and youngsters again - got a late winner.

------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAMIANO RIGHINI

View attachment 276419

View attachment 276420

-----------------------------------

images

BELGIUM

Friendlies

Argentina 1-1 Belgium
Lamah

Belgium 2-2 Portugal
De Bruyne 2

he's not that bad after all ;)

I tend to prefer agile attackers with elite technique and dribbling, but clearly you know how to use that guy :). And I fully understand the importance of having cult players in long-term careers (I have a few too...), they make the game much more enjoyable!

he's not that bad after all ;)

I tend to prefer agile attackers with elite technique and dribbling, but clearly you know how to use that guy :). And I fully understand the importance of having cult players in long-term careers (I have a few too...), they make the game much more enjoyable!

Compared to the infamous Aitor Herrera in my Bilbao story Cosenza is a pub player. How I miss Aitor!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

images

DECEMBER

We lost a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be fair it was to my bogey team Man Utd! We gave it a good go but with Murphy, Rooney and Neymar their ttackng force is just too strong. In the end we finish 2nd in the group and we will play Barcelona in the next round - ****!

After defeating Fiorentina I noticed my old Romanian centre half, Aldea, wasnt playing and aterwards I noticed he got transferred to Bayern Munich for ?17m. Lets hope Mr.Chairman has learnt his lesson!!!!

Finally in the World Cup my Belgian side will play Croatia, Uruguay and Japan - a tricky group methinks.

------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Fiorentina
Cosenza, Bursuc (pen)

1st v 2nd here and it proved to be my hardest game of the domestic season so far.

Manchester United 4-2 Castel di Sangro
Kopecky, Bursuc

Fell behind twice and equalised twice but that was as good as it got.

Siena 0-5 Castel di Sangro
Cosenza 4, Kopecky

Was 3 up after 38min and then Siena had 2 men sent-off so I decided to experiment - went to overload with a weird formation of 2-2-1-1-4. It got us 2 more goals so whether it was a success or not I dont know!

Oh and Cosenza played well lol

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Novara
Iorio

Crazy this - had over 10min over injury time in the 1st half as 3 players got stretchered off and one had a knock!
View attachment 276431

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PASQUALE COSENZA

View attachment 276432

View attachment 276433
Need to have a word with my defence - 3 conceded too many in my opinion lol

images

Manager of the Year
Goalkeeper of the Year - Kinho
Defender of the Year - Paul van der Post
Italian Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Fans Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Young Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza

JANUARY

What a month!!!!!! So much to tell! Firstly I will start with the quiet bit - on the pitch - we failed to win our first league games of the season after drawing twice (we had goals disallowed in both games).

Now for the hectic bit - firstly Mr.Chairman struck again and accepted a ?9.5m bid for Victor Nikitin from Inter Milan. In 84 games (45 starts) he scored 25 goals and assisted 39. So that meant I needed a new RW. Firstly I looked at summer signing Stuart Laird as he was attracting bids from Man City and Bayern Munich. While the lad is talented I decided I wanted to flex some financial muscle and after rejecting Balotelli again I decided to buy this guy -
View attachment 276435
LUCAS MOURA

Another one of my coups as we got the Brazilian for a club record equalling ?12m. Amazingly I see him as backup as I am loyal to Bursuc, Kopecky and Cosenza. I also brought in these two -
View attachment 276436View attachment 276437

Also leaving was Bonta (loan), and Junior - also on loan - for ?1m to Flamengo. The wonderkid twice requested to terminate his contract but I wasnt going to accept that so off home he goes. I am writing on the 1st of Feb so the transfer window isnt closed and there could still be some movement......

Finally - going back to Mr.Chairman - a day after selling Nikitin it came out that we are the subject of a board takeover! Not a tycoon (thankfully - the temptation to spend the cash would be too much despite having ?70m left of my budget lol), and hopefully not someone who likes to sell players that his manager wants to keep!!!!

--------------------------------

Genoa 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Radosevic, Torri

-------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 0-0 AC Milan

We had a goal disallowed in the last minute - we also had Karadzole sent-off after an hour.

Juventus 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda

Very lucky here. They took the lead, had a goal disallowed, missed a penalty, we equalised and then had Buelens sent-off! After all that we had a goal disallowed AGAIN!!!!

----------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Round

Castel di Sangro 5-1 Padova
Berisha (og), Diego 2, Lucas Moura, Iorio

The backups and youths got another outing against lowly Padova and did the job.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Napoli
Bursuc

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Atalanta
Crisetig, Bursuc 2, Ongenda, Cosenza

A good win this and another 5 goal haul against Atalanta.

Coppa Italia QF
Inter Milan 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc, Cosenza

A fantastic result here and through we go to play Inters rivals AC Milan.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROMAN BURSUC
View attachment 276438

View attachment 276439

nice going mate your chairman a tool get a hit on him your in the right place for it lol

What a great season you're having. And on top the chairman is going out! Woooo!

Still amazed at those wonderful young players you get. The best I've seen in youngs in my games is a couple stats above 15, and usually when that happens there's a lot of very low ones. Granted, I use to forget checking the youth teams of strong sides, but still.

And I'm close to be amazed how you get some easy groups in the draws of your competitions. I always get one of the tougher groups in ECC or EC. And after failing to direct qualification for the World Championship the play offs draw that sets us agains other seven teams are made by four easy teams (the likes of Georgia), two decent (Switzerland and, I think, Croatia) and Holland. Guess what team we got. So.... considering resigning and seeing if there's a place in a team of a nation that speaks Spanish or German (my manager is Italian and has picked Bulgarian and English from international teams). Preferably German, because I have a couple Germans with language issues, I'd hope my manager knowing it might help.

Doing well and Jensen is my ideal goalie with 20 reflexes.

I look for handling first, then reflexes and then command of area - but if someone has 20 in reflexes as a teenager then surely he is gonna do well - although he will never replace Kinho.

images

FEBRUARY

A very successful month although I feel we should have put the ties against Barcelona and AC Milan to bed. Otherwise all was good apart from the fact that the potential new board want Frank Rijkaard as their manager!

-----------------------------

Empoli 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc, Kopecky, van der Post, Ongenda, Diego

A good win this - 5 different scorers is always good!

----------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Cagliari
Cosenza, Ongenda, Torri, Cinelli

Relegation fodder = easy win

Palermo 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Radosevic, Bursuc, Cosenza

Bursuc missed a penalty but we were comfortable throughout.

---------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Castel di Sangro 3-2 AC Milan
Ongenda, Kabasele, Cosenza

They went down to ten men early on so to concede against ten men and only have a one goal advantage is worrying.

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Bologna
Lucas Moura, Diego, Cosenza, Cinelli

Rested several players to great effect. How long until we win the league? lol

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Barcelona
van der Post

So close!!! We battered them! We had 20 shots to their 5, had 4 clear cut chances and hut the woodwork 3 times!

Lecce 0-5 Castel di Sangro
Crisetig, van der Post, Ongenda, Diego, Iorio

Another great result with another load of goalscorers!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAUL VAN DER POST

View attachment 276542

View attachment 276543

images

IS THIS GOODBYE??????????

So a bunch of Austrians have finally taken over the club and they have invested already which is good but Frank Rijkaard is continually linked with my job!

View attachment 276676

So the March update could be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got sacked despite being hugely successful?​

:OOOOO nooooooooooooooooooooo. This is horseshit

images

MARCH

What a month!!!!!! Hervin Ongenda was on fire, I kept my job after the takeover and despite our first domestic loss of the season to Inter we hit AC Milan for 4 in the Coppa Italia and even wan in the Nou Camp to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League!!!!! We have Bayern Munich in the next round - at least we avoided Besiktas! lol

However - we had a pathetic youth intake - 2 players were signed and the best was 2 and a half stars PA!!!

View attachment 276680View attachment 276681

--------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Sampdoria
Ongenda 2, Bursuc

Bursuc missed another penalty in this game but no matter.

----------------------------

Inter Milan 3-2 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda 2

Our first defeat of the league season!!!!! We were 3-1 down and scored in stoppage time so we were not really in it - disappointing.

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Barcelona (1) 1-3 Castel di Sangro (1)
Kopecky, Ongenda 2
(Agg: 2-4)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Thinking of getting rid of me Mr.Chairman? THINK AGAIN!!!!!! We scored on 2min and it got disallowed and I thought it was going to be one of those games but we were 2-0 up inside 20min!!!! Undoubtedly my greatest result to date!

---------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-2 Torino
Bursuc, Ongenda 2, Crisetig

Forgot to do my teamtalk but at 2-0 up at half-time it obviously didnt effect the team so much so I made sure I did one at half-time and we concede 2min after kick-off!!!!! Radosevic then got sent-off but we strolled it really.

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg
AC Milan (2) 0-4 Castel di Sangro (3)
Yanga Mbiwa (og), Cosenza, Righini 2
(Agg: 2-7)

Ongenda was suspended so thats why he didnt score twice! lol. Great result really. Righini came off the bench to score twice in the last 5min. Roma await in the final.

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Parma
Ongenda 2

Fell behind and then had a goal disallowed but Ongenda scored his 5th double of the month for victory!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HERVIN ONGENDA

View attachment 276682

View attachment 276683

images

BELGIUM

Friendly

Belgium 3-2 Colombia
De Bruyne 2, Zapata (og)

Looks like you're at that stage where you walk over every club!

I was needing advice on how you manage to start of small (in this case at the bottom ofItalian football) to this?

Back