Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

They're really good as well but I still think none of them are as good as Aitor.

They're really good as well but I still think none of them are as good as Aitor.

Of course not! To be fair I could get a player with 20's for everything and I would still prefer Aitor!!! I wonder if Sky Sports News still has Aitor down as a real player?

Of course not! To be fair I could get a player with 20's for everything and I would still prefer Aitor!!! I wonder if Sky Sports News still has Aitor down as a real player?
No, I just checked and they don't. I searched him and the first result was Sky Sports News and it said Player information not found.
Here's the link: Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | Athletic Bilbao
It was funny though; I wonder what idiot got an FM story mixed up with real life.

images

boardroom meeting lol

NOVEMBER

A good month where we began to find our goalscoring touch again while Hervin Ongenda has been on fire in the Champions League - scoring 10 in his last 3 games!!!!

Off the pitch the expansion of the stadium has been completed (34,677 now) and I have agreed to sign 2 15y/o players from Ajax in January - agreed to sign one as a 14y/o but he failed his medical! Getting them both for under £5m in total.
View attachment 278051View attachment 278052

--------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group C

Castel di Sangro 4-1 CSKA Moscow
Ongenda 3, Cinelli

Ongenda's second hat-trick in the champions league this season.

-------------------------------------

Reggina 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Radosevic, Righini, Torri

A comfortable win despite having Silva sent-off. Then again they had a man sent-off too.

-----------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Cagliari
Ongenda

Palermo 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Yildirim (og)

We had Cosenza and Radosevic stretchered off in the first half and both will be out for 5-6 weeks.

-------------------------------------------

Young Boys 0-6 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda 4, Castelnuovo, Junior

Ongenda's 3rd hat-trick of the competition!!!!!!! Castelnuovo also got 3 assists and had a goal chalked off.

--------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Sampdoria
Righini, Bursuc 2, Ongenda, D'Onofrio

We got 3 late goals here to add a bit of gloss to the scoreline - good result.

---------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HERVIN ONGENDA

View attachment 278050

View attachment 278053
---------------------------------------------
images

ITALY

Friendlies

Norway 0-2 Italy
Righini 2

South Korea 3-6 Italy
Cosenza, Bertini, Righini, Borini 2, Destro

did you play your tac from day 1

Yep - this is pretty much the only tactic I have used for FM12 as when I first got the game I went my beloved Newcastle and it was the best formation that worked with them at the time before Cisse came along!

Yep - this is pretty much the only tactic I have used for FM12 as when I first got the game I went my beloved Newcastle and it was the best formation that worked with them at the time before Cisse came along!

well sownload your save to get the tac and looking at your team that guy you got from man u is just awsome keep up the good work

well sownload your save to get the tac and looking at your team that guy you got from man u is just awsome keep up the good work

Yeah he is good but been awful so far this season!!!!

images

MEET THE SQUAD PART 3

Strikers

View attachment 278074
HERVIN ONGENDA
Signed from Young Boys for £12m
Apps: 182
Goals: 105

The one time record signing is a fine striker and was probably unfortunate to be challenged by dos Anjos Silva after scoring nearly 40 in a season. Occasionally appears at AMC.

View attachment 278075
BRANDON DOS ANJOS SILVA
Signed from Benfica for £20m
Apps: 94
Goals: 53

A good striker but I expect more goals however I quite often sub my striker off first in the game as I cant really split the two so who's to say he wouldnt go on to score when I take him off after an hour?

OUT ON LOAN............

View attachment 278076
MITCHEL CALDERON
Signed from Pachuca for £11m

Yet to make a 1st team appearance but along with Kornaukhov he is doing well with Tenerife. An excellent finisher with grea mental stats and decent physical ones

View attachment 278077
ALDO DRAGONI
Signed from Arsenal for £5m
Apps: 9
Goals: 1

Was unsure whether or not to sign him but Portosummaga's promotion meant I could buy him and loan him outso he could play regularly in Serie A. I gave this wonderkid his 1st cap recently and he looks as though he is developing nicely.

View attachment 278078
YOTO NYAGOLOV
Signed from Litex for £550,000
Apps: 6
Goals: 1

A not bad player but probably could have benefitted from more game time - never mind - should still make a profit.

LURKING AMONGST THE UNDER 20'S

View attachment 278079View attachment 278080View attachment 278081

Yeah he is good but been awful so far this season!!!!

to be fair all players have a bad time now and then just started reading your bilbao story only on page 23 so a long way to go but its awsome and aitor is some player is this the same tac you used with bilbao

to be fair all players have a bad time now and then just started reading your bilbao story only on page 23 so a long way to go but its awsome and aitor is some player is this the same tac you used with bilbao

yep - exact same tactic

Aitor is a god lol

images

DECEMBER

Another decent month with another trophy collected although we did drop our first points of the season to second place Udinese. Good news was had when we drew Dinamo Moscow in the Champions League - methinks my backup players should be able to navigate their way past them!

----------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-1 FC Porto
Cinelli 2, Junior, Greco

A nice way to finish off the group and keep our 100% record. Greco scored his 1st goal for us.

------------------------------------

Udinese 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Castelnuovo, Perico (og)

Our first game this season that doesnt end up with us winning!!! They equalised in the 91st minute. Grrrr

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Portosummaga
Silva, dos Anjos Silva 2, Crisetig, D'Onofrio

Last year it ended up 13-1 famously but their backup players have improved so to score 5 was ok - the minimum expected anyway.

FIFA Club World Cup SF
Castel di Sangro 2-0 Shenhua
Castelnuovo, Ongenda

Played a backup side and they did the job.

------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup Final
Castel di Sangro 3-0 Velez Sarsfield
Ongenda 2, Torri

Ongenda loves playing against teams not in Italy!!!!! He also had a hat-trick goal disallowed. Played half a side with long serving players getting a run out like Rovereti.

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Cesena
dos Anjos Silva, Righini 2

Good win but as I look at the table we would need to score 52 goals in the next 8 games to match last seasons goal tally - MURPHY NEEDS TO REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBERTO CASTELNUOVO
View attachment 278090

View attachment 278091

Last edited:
You have a huge squad, how do you keep all of those players happy and what do your finances look like?

images

JANUARY

World Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
World Golden Ball - Pasquale Cosenza
World Team of the Year - Cosenza, Murphy, Silva
Goalkeeper of the Year - Kinho
Defender of the Year - Paul van der Post
Italian Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Manager of the Year
Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Serie A Fans Player of the Year - Pasquale Cosenza
Young Player of the Year - Damiano Righoni

Always a busy month this. Firstly on the pitch we navigated our way through to the Coppa Italia semis and won all our league games. Also Murphy finally began to rediscover his form! Now for events off the pitch............

Award wise we got the majority of the Italian awards as usual but for the 1st time one of my players got the World Player of the Year and the Golden Ball - Pasquale Cosenza. He along with Luis Silva and Gavin Murphy were also in the world team of the year.

Next to players in - we brought in the 2 Dutchmen as shown in a previous post and also a 16y/o Greek and an 18y/o Argentinian - whether the Greek or Argentinian can progress to the 1st team I am not sure.
View attachment 278093View attachment 278094

Finally I spent £20m on a new striker!!!!! Although Ongenda has been brilliant away from Italy both he and dos Anjos Silva havent been performing in Serie so when Barcelona and Bayern bid for this guy that was on my shortlist I decided to shake things up a bit....
View attachment 278095
MAHMOUD SAHBANI

This guy looks the real deal - the quickest player in the game, good finishing, heading and excellent mental stats (composure helps strikers lol). The fact he can play LW is also a boost as he can cross and pass quite well too.

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK????

Finally going out - I recalled Alphonse Areola and sold him to Real Betis for £9.5m - a quick profit while due to the arrival of Sahbani I let Junior go to Juventus for £15.75m and when he signed it came up he was "looking forward to living in a cosmopolitan lifestyle more fitting with his image" *****!!!! Finally I loaned Fomin out to Tenerife.

--------------------------

AC Milan 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Righini, dos Anjos Silva

Any win away to AC Milan is a good win.

-----------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Torino
Cosenza 2, van der Post

-------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Round

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Lecce
Bursuc 2, dos Anjos Silva

Meant to play my backups in this cup game but completely forgot - annoyed.

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Napoli
Righini 2, Murphy

Murphy scores!!!!!!!! About ****** time - we had 41 attempts at goal here.

--------------------------------------

Empoli 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc, dos Anjos Silva, Murphy

---------------------------------------

Coppa Italia QF

Castel di Sangro 5-1 Siena
Castelnuovo 2, Ongenda, D'Onofrio 2

An easy win against the Serie B side. Remembered to play the backups this time!

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Fiorentina
Murphy, Sahbani

Took us until the 73rd minute before we found the net but we got the 3pts in the end and Sahbani scores on his debut.

--------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GAVIN MURPHY

View attachment 278096

View attachment 278097

Finally, elsewhere in the league Giorgio Chiellini is manager of Reggina while my feeder side Portosummaga sacked their manager and gave the job to Paolo Di Canio!!!!

You have a huge squad, how do you keep all of those players happy and what do your finances look like?

Lots of loans and lots of game time - for instance in games I know I am going to win or when the result doesnt matter I play my backups and youths often. My finances are ok - I have never done a transfer over months - pay everything up front all of the time
View attachment 278098
View attachment 278099

images

FEBRUARY

Whether it was the boot up the **** I gave Gavin Murphy or whether it was the arrival of Sahbani (who got goal of the month) I dont know but we have found our form again. We have started banging in the goals more regularly - Moscow aside - and all is good!

----------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Napoli 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Radosevic, Murphy, Ongenda

That should be us through to the final - Serie B side Cremonese beat Parma in the other semis.

Roma 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Murphy, Sahbani 2

We pile more pressure on relegation threatened Roma. Will be amazing if they AND Napoli go down.

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Bologna
Righini, Torri 2

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Dinamo Moscow 0-0 Castel di Sangro

Expected the backups and reserves to win this but never mind. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

Atalanta 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Murphy, Sahbani, Righini, D'Onofrio 2

A great win away from home and a 5 goal haul to boot!!!! Our former defender Cherubin got sent-off to aid our cause.

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Vicenza
Bursuc (pen), D'Onofrio, Torri, Murphy, Castelnuovo

Another 5 goal haul!!!! Beginning to find our form (strange saying that considering we are unbeaten but you know what I mean!)

-------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAHMOUD SAHBANI

View attachment 278120

View attachment 278121

images

ITALY

Friendly

Italy 3-1 South Korea
Cosenza, Del Vecchio, Noel

The last two scorers came off the bench late on to make their international debuts!!!!!!