Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 529
  • Views Views 124K
Still miles clear after what you could call a poor month. Serie A beckons my friend

Great story, but what leagus(spelling) do you have loaded? And what facepack do you have?

images

MARCH

Youth intake was ok this year with one 5 star player but he doesnt look that special. Got a few others too but here be the 5 star man -
View attachment 272179

On the green stuff though we strolled along as we are just awaiting confirmation on our promotion. Might give Righini/Bonta/Rovereti some starts towards the end of the season.

Also need to start thinking who will be kept on for Serie A!!!!

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Grosseto
Radosevic, Ronaldo, Kopecky

----------------------

Benevento 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Cosenza 2, Kopecky

I had planned to drop Cosenza but forgot - just as well!! Keeping Ibsen out of the side at the moment.

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Lazio
Ronaldo, Vilkaitis (og)

We pile on more misery on Lazio - we had Tagliani sent-off but still won easily.

-----------------------

Lecce 3-1 Castel di Sangro
Villanova

We were very poor here - even made 3 subs at half-time - so poor were we - never mind.

----------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JIRI KOPECKY

View attachment 272182

View attachment 272183

--------------------------

images

AUSTRIA

Friendly

Andorra 0-2 Austria
Harnik, Bodul

Bayern Munich withdrew Alaba beforehand so for posterity my first eleven in my management quest (lol) with Austria was -

Ozcan, Klein (Margreitter), Prodl, Suttner (Dragovic), Fuchs, Junuzovic, Leitgeb (Bodul), Harnik (Pumm), Beichler, Ivanschitz, Arnautovic (Hoffer)

Pumm is the only regen and only 15!!!

images

APRIL

Poor start to the month as we extended our run of games without a win to 3. Fortunately Sampdoria kept losing also!! Only one win in the month is a worrying statistic but at least we got a point against Sampdoria!

Castel di Sangro 2-2 Empoli
Vilardo, Demir (og)

Fought back from 2 down here but disappointing not to win at home.

-------------------------

Verona 5-3 Castel di Sangro
Kovalik, Ibsen, Peychev

1up, 2-1 up and then 5-2 down!!! Dear me!

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Frosinone
Kovalik, Kopecky

A win! lol. Was getting worried for a while there.

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Sampdoria
Nordstrom

Went behind but ended up with a point - Fanka got sent-off.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALDO

View attachment 272185
nobody played well- Ronaldo is the only one who had an avr over 7.00 this month!

View attachment 272186

still looks like ur gna be champions, gna need a lotta strengthening for serie a though, u finished the season yet??

Wow almost SerieA, thats gonna be hard with Castel di sangro, but i have faith in you Klippy! :P Hopefully you should get some serious buck for getting to Serie A :)

still looks like ur gna be champions, gna need a lotta strengthening for serie a though, u finished the season yet??

Nope - I play a month then post an update - 3 games to go!

images

MAY

First promotion was secured and after the win against Sassuolo we were confirmed as champions. Quite surprised at how easy Serie B has been but I did bring some decent young players I suppose. Somehow I dont think I will be charging to the top of Serie A!!!

--------------------

Padova 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Tagliani, Ronaldo, Kovalik

-------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Reggina
Kopecky

Promotion is secured against a Reggina side battling for promotion.

-------------------

Sassuolo 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Fanka (pen), Di Tacchio, Tagliani

And now the title is secured!!!. We seem to like playing against 10 men as Kovalik got his marching orders this time.

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-1 AlbinoLeffe
Kopecky

Was without a few players and this time it was Radosevic's turn to get sent-off.

-----------------------

Juve Stabia 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Cossentino (og), Kopecky

----------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JIRI KOPECKY

View attachment 272200

View attachment 272204
1 game to go!

Bet your'll finish in the top 8 in Serie A though

images

JUNE - END OF SEASON

So Serie B ends with a win over Vicenza. A great season with me building a young squad that gelled instantly. The only downside to the season was the departures of the two Romanians for such small fees.

----------------------

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Vicenza
Tagliani, Nordstrom, Bonta, Ibsen 2

What a way to end the campaign. Ibsen came off the bench to score twice and Cosenza got 3 assists.

------------------------

SQUAD
View attachment 272210
Tagliani was a surprise while Ibsen and Cosenza did very well in the games they played.

FINAL TABLE
View attachment 272215
Siena get relegated! Might see if there are any players to poach!

AWARDS
Manager of the Year
Team of the Year - Tagliani, Kovalik

MY LEAGUE SCORERS

17(1pen) Kovalik, 14 Ibsen, 9 Ronaldo, 9 Tagliani, 6 Kopecky, 6(1pen) Radosevic, 6 Villanova, 5 Aldea, 5(1pen) Munteanu, 4 Cosenza, 3 Nordstrom, 3(1pen) Polverino, 2 Carioto, 2 Peychev, 2(2pens) Svendsen, 2 Vilardo, 1 Bonta, 1 Di Tacchio, 1(pen) Fanka, 7 Own Goals

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
MASSIMILIANO TAGLIANI

View attachment 272212

SUMMARY

Another great season but there will be a bit of a difference playing Inter/AC/Juve/Roma etc next season after playing the likes of Barletta/Frosinone/etc this season. Hopefully get a decent budget. Never had a starting budget above £50,000 so far!

---------------------------

images

AUSTRIA

Friendly

Montenegro 3-1 Austria
Harnik

Good luck in Serie A, try and poach players off relegated and cash strapped teams.

images

GOODBYE AUSTRIA

HELLO

images

POLAND!!!!!

After the World Cup I went in for every job going and only Poland wanted me. Still - I think it is a step up from Austria as in Lewandowski and Szczesny I have a good base to work with. The only good thing about my short stint as Austria manager was becoming fluent in German!

Much NT now but being fluent in German could really help you in the future. Hopefully you can pick up Polish now. If the game have modelled languages properly the more languages you learn the faster you'll pick up the next one.

images

PRE SEASON
(up to the 1st game on the 24th of August)

AIMS
SURVIVAL!!!!!!

PLAYERS IN

Done some ok business and some stupendous business. Missed out on a Spanish wonderkid though. Here is my incomings

LORENZO CRISETIG

View attachment 272271

Signed on a free and a potential world class player - seen him valued at over £30m in previous saves

ROB VERSLEEUWEN
View attachment 272272

On loan from Ajax - high hopes!!!!!

NICOLO CHERUBIN

View attachment 272273

Another free transfer and will be my 1st choice centre half.

SILVIO BERTONI

View attachment 272274

Signed for £325,000. Probably going to be my first choice left back.

ALEN KARADZOLE
View attachment 272275

And this dude is going to be my new right back! Another free transfer.

MARCO EZIO FOSSATI
View attachment 272276

Again a free transfer signing. 3rd choice CM.

FERNANDO FORESTIERI
View attachment 272277

A bargain at £80,000. Hopefully he will contribute

KAMEL BELMEHDI
View attachment 272281

£95,000 was spent on this player. Not bad!

AND THE REST..............
View attachment 272282View attachment 272283View attachment 272284View attachment 272285

By the way I got a whopping budget of £85,000 lol

PLAYERS OUT

To fund most of these transfers I sold a 50% stake of Dimitar Peychev to Sampdoria for £1.9m. I also sold half of Polverino for £400,000. I loaned out Cuomo, Bonta and Mineo and going on a free transfer is Rickler, Campinoti, Pastore, Forani, Castellano and Nadarevic.

I could have raked in another £10-15m in transfer fees if I sold 50% of Ibsen, Kopecky, Twardzik, Kovalik, Radosevic and Roverito but I rejected all of them.

SUMMARY

I think we can stay up anyway. We are 5000-1 to win the league but I am not even thinking about that. Hopefully we can finish comfortably in mid table but we shall see.

Crisetig should be signing of the season but I'm not sure that your team is good enough for mid table as very few players in your team look capable of it. Crisetig will have to be on top form all season for your team to make the top half.

images

AUGUST

Only 2 games played but we were succesful! Firstly I put out a backup team in the cup (cant believe I am in a position to have a backup team! lol) and then we had a heroic comeback in our first ever game in Serie A.

-----------------

Coppa Italia 3rd Qual Round
Castel di Sangro 1-0 Alto Adige
Cosenza

--------------------

Atalanta 2-3 Castel di Sangro
Cherubin, Cosenza, Crisetig

What an introduction to Serie A. We were 2 down at half-time but rallied in the second half and scored 2 in the last 5min! A fantastic result!

---------------------
images

POLAND

Friendly

Holland 4-3 Poland
Malecki, Grosicki 2

Wasnt as close as it seems. Was 4-1 down going into stoppage time!

Back