Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
images

DECEMBER

I pull off another amazing transfer coup for next month
Newcastle win the FIFA Club World Cup
Newcastle draw Aston Villa in the FA Cup and FC Porto in the Champions League
Belgium to play Spain, Greece and Turkey in the Euros

A very busy month indeed. My backup players continued to start in all the European/Intercontinental games as they have done all season and they did well in beating Benfica and winning our first ever FIFA Club World Cup. They wont be getting picked in the knockout rounds though!

Having said that my backup players include Rodwell, Ramsey, Benzema, Chalobah, Chamberlain and Kagawa so they are not exactly sub standard!

Anyway I have agreed to sign a world class player for an absolute bargain fee of £8.25m. He will come in in January and although I cant stand the player in real life I think I will keep him for the rest of this season and maybe next season too. Feel free to guess who!

Stonecold - dont you post as you already know!

By the way Sam Allardyce got the chop at Swansea while Stoke and Sunderland also sacked their managers too.

------------------

UEFA Champions League Group F

Newcastle United 1-0 Benfica
Kagawa

Aston Villa 1-4 Newcastle United
Lucas Moura 2, Hoilett, Niang

FIFA Club World Cup SF

Chivas (MEX) 3-4 Newcastle United
Berjulet 2, Rutkowski, Christou

FIFA Club World Cup Final
Velez Sarsfield 1-4 Newcastle United
Redmond 3, Berjulet

Newcastle United 3-1 Chelsea
Lucas Moura 2, Mulugeta

West Ham United 1-2 Newcastle United
Zouma, Niang

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-3 Newcastle United
Niang 2, Agosto

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS MOURA

images

View attachment 261827

Just for the sake of it

Alan Shearer vs Aston Villa 2003 - YouTube

images

JANUARY

Newcastle sign Wayne Rooney for £8.25m from Man Utd
Newcastle thrash Spurs at White Hart Lane
Aston Villa and Leicester defeated in the FA Cup - Sunderland next
Newcastle win the u19 Champions Cup
Arsenal sack Ramon Diaz - he is replaced by Ricardo Moniz

So Wayne Rooney is the mystery man. With Benzema out injured it isnt really overloading the forward area and I might play him lw instead of Hoilett anyway. Will keep Rooney for next season though unlike Benzema who was always going to be a one season wonder - not that he has been particularly wonderful!

In other transfer news I got rid of Aaron Lennon to Reading for £1.5m and young striker Goncharik left on loan for Sporting Lisbon for a fee of £800,000 - Romario also went on loan there for £300,000. Young keeper Nicholas Palmer left for £130,000. I rejected a £20m bid for Vrsaljko and £11.5m for Christou.

Results wise Rooney made his debut in the defeat to Man City where we were doing well until Zouma got sent off but we bounced back with some great wins - especially the thrashing of Spurs. Rooney actually got injured against QPR playing lw so Hoilett must have been angry when he started against Spurs and got a hat-trick!

------------

FA Cup 3rd Round
Newcastle United 2-1 Aston Villa
Chalobah, Berjulet

Manchester City 2-1 Newcastle United
Vrsaljko

Newcastle United 4-2 Queens Park Rangers
Mulugeta 2(1pen), Niang, Cabaye

Tottenham Hotspur 0-5 Newcastle United
Shawcross (og), Hoilett 3(1pen), Rodwell

Newcastle United 3-1 Sunderland
Davies (og), Cabaye, Abdellaoue (og)

Newcastle United 3-3 Everton
Rooney 2, Kagawa

FA Cup 4th Round
Newcastle United 4-0 Leicester City
Ramsey, Santon, N.King, Berjulet

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDWIN MULUGETA
View attachment 261844

View attachment 261845

TOP JANUARY TRANSFERS
Cristian Ansaldi to Arsenal from Rubin Kazan for £21.5m
Kevin Gamiero to Man Utd from Getafe for £14m

Hatem Ben Arfa to St.Etienne from Spurs for £13m
Christian Fuchs to Chelsea from Schalke for £11.75m
Joe Allen to Chelsea from Southampton for £11.25m
Lee Wallace to Arsenal from WBA for £11m
Juan Mata to PSG from Chelsea for £10.75m
Luke Freeman to Reading from Huddersfield for £10.25m
Jelle Vossen to Arsenal from Sporting CP for £9.5m
Anele to Swansea from Huddersfield for £9.25m

Wow, what a signing! The luckiest I have got is Wilshere for 14M.

Wow God knows how you got him that cheap!!!!

That is crazy, as a liverpool fan i hate him, but i cant lie, i wouldnt mind getting him for 8mill!

Cheers for the comments - there have been some amazing players listed (and Andy Carroll) but only Rooney and Benzema were tempting enough to be signed.

In my head Wilshere, Gotze and Neymar are the only 2 real life players I would like to sign. Never had Neymar or Gotze in fm12 before.

Obviously if Messi or Ronaldo wanted to sample the delights of the toon then I wouldnt mind that either lol

Well i bought Neymar with Liverpool for 66 mill, he started off kinda slow, but he adapted really quick and does wonders from the wing for me and he has an average rating of like 7,4 or something like that for me scoring goals and loads of assists :)

Shocking news to see you have got Sherk for such a cheap amount! Don't like the guy but I like your story so will let you off for buying him! Haha. Hopefully another title this year!

images

FEBRUARY

Newcastle knock Sunderland out of the FA Cup
Rooney scores against Man Utd
Cabaye will join Valencia at the end of the season for £30m
Benzema is off for £10m to - READING!!!!!!
Man Utd win the Capital One Cup

A productive month. Started off with 2 easy wins and then we faced Man Utd. Rooney put us in front before they equalised and what followed was an absolute battering from ourselves yet we couldnt score. Then Man Utd scored with 3min left but thankfully it was disallowed!

We took the **** out of Sunderland when our backup players won 2-0 in the FA Cup against them and we will play Arsenal at home in the quarter finals. We also got a good win over FC Porto in the Champions League.

Some transfer news. I picked up a Portuguese cm and a Peruvian cb on free transfers. The Peruvian might actually have a long term future with us. We shall see. Departing though will be Yohan Cabaye who is off to Valencia at the end of the season for a club record £30m. Yohan has been immense but has been poor this season so it is time for him to go.

As for Benzema I asked for £15m and Reading came in with £10m which I accepted and he too will go at the end of the season. I dont even have to contribute to his wages. To be fair his stats have dropped a little but he will do an amazing job for them I would think.

------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Stoke City
Hoilett 2

West Bromwich Albion 0-4 Newcastle United
Mulugeta (pen), Lucas Moura 2, Rooney

Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester United
Rooney

FA Cup 5th Round
Newcastle United 2-0 Sunderland
Rutkowski, Berjulet

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Newcastle United 3-1 FC Porto
Niang, Christou, Berjulet

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle United
Bonucci, Lucas Moura, Mulugeta, Oxlade-Chamberlain

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA

images

View attachment 261920

images

My dream bedroom lol

MARCH

Newcastle just about knock out FC Porto in the Champions League...
and then thump Barcelona with only 10 men
Distinctly average youth intake was had
Belgium can only draw with Belarus

The title is almost ours again. We struggled for goals this month despite battering teams non stop. For instance against Arsenal in the cup we had over 30 attempts at goal. Never mind we got the wins in the end. In the Champions League I took a risk and played my backup players and they scraped past FC Porto - just!

However in the first leg of our quarter final tie against Barca it was not looking good. Mulugeta was unfit and given his recent form I was tempted to play him anyway but decided to give Oxlade-Chamberlain a start. After 4 minutes Bonucci got sent off but then we went into overdrive and found ourselves 3 up at half time with "the ox" scoring 2 and setting up 1!!!!!
Barca had a full team out with Messi, Iniesta, Muniain and co but we hammered them!

The youth intake this year was pretty dismal. Signed half a dozen but 3 stars of potential was the highest rating. Oh well - I will just have to scout about and pick up some hidden gems.

-------------

Newcastle United 1-0 Reading
Mulugeta

Norwich City 0-2 Newcastle United
Lucas Moura, Benzema

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
FC Porto 3-2 Newcastle United (aet)
Kagawa, Ramsey

FA Cup QF

Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal
Cabaye, Zouma

Newcastle United 2-0 Swansea City
Rooney, Mulugeta (pen)

Wigan Athletic 0-2 Newcastle United
Mulugeta 2

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Newcastle United 4-0 Barcelona
Hoilett, Oxlade-Chamberlain 2, Zouma

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDWIN MULUGETA

View attachment 261946

View attachment 261947

----------------
images

BELGIUM

Friendly

Belgium 2-2 Belarus
Nainggolan, Mertens

-----------------

Of course Newcastle have beaten Barca before - thanks to a bald Italian referee, a Colombian with bandy legs and a Northern Irish right winger who looked like a world beater (ahem)
[video=youtube;DPGe9OrT53Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGe9OrT53Y[/video]

I don't know how u do it, keep it up maate, i bet you'll sign messi at some point XD

images

APRIL

Newcastle wrap up the title with win over Man City
Newcastle to play Stoke in the FA Cup final after beating Man Utd
and Real Madrid in the Champions League final after beating Man City
Reserves and u19s win the league as per

What a tough month fixture wise - never seen anything like it before! Anyway in the league we defeated Arsenal who missed a pen but then we lost to Liverpool although the scoreline was a tad harsh. Up next was the derby win away to Sunderland and then we secured the title with a fine win over Man City.

In the FA Cup we were taken to extra time against Man Utd. We took the lead, they equalised and missed a pen and then we had a goal disallowed. In the shootout the first 6 were scored and the next 7 were missed but we got through in the end.

Finally in the Champions League I rested players against Barca and we sneaked through by 1 goal then we thumped Man City and then rested players again where we once again lost but went through. Due to me resting players I should have a full strength team for the final!

--------------

Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal
Mulugeta (pen), Rooney

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Barcelona 5-2 Newcastle United
Berjulet, Redmond

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United
Bonucci

FA Cup SF
Manchester United 1-1 Newcastle United (aet)
Lucas Moura
(Newcastle United won 4-3 on penalties)

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Newcastle United 3-0 Manchester City
Hoilett, Niang, Rutkowski

Sunderland 1-2 Newcastle United
Hoilett 2

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Manchester City 4-2 Newcastle United
Niang, Zouma

Newcastle United 4-1 Manchester City
Bonucci 2, Cabaye 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEONARDO BONUCCI

images

View attachment 261966

images
images

MAY - END OF SEASON

(Premier League Review)

Newcastle win the Champions League on penalties
Stoke beaten in the FA Cup final too
Norwich, Aston Villa and Swansea go down
Liverpool beat PSG in the Europa League final

A great end to the season!!! I played my backup players in the remaining league fixtures and they did a fine job. In the FA Cup final it wasnt a contest really as we went 2 up inside 6 minutes and Stoke had a man sent off.

The Champions League final was a nervy affair though. We took an early lead through Niang but at half time we were 2-1 down. We had 16 attempts and Real had 3!!!! Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored 1 of Reals goals, got sent off though with 20min left and we kept battering them and got our reward in stoppage time through Mulugeta.

We dominated extra time without scoring and I forgot to put on my subs to have better penalty takers on but not to worry as Sergio Ramos and Marcelo missed while we scored all ours - Yohan Cabaye scored the winning penalty with his last kick for the club!!!

---------------

Chelsea 1-2 Newcastle United
Berjulet, Boonen

FA Cup Final

Newcastle United 2-1 Stoke City
Lucas Moura, Mulugeta

Newcastle United 2-0 Aston Villa
Kagawa, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Newcastle United 4-2 West Ham United
Kagawa, Berjulet 2, Smithies (og)

UEFA Champions League Final
Newcastle United 2-2 Real Madrid (aet)
Niang, Mulugeta
(Newcastle United won 4-2 on penalties)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NAHUEL BERJULET

View attachment 261991

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
16(1pen) Hoilett, 16 Lucas Moura, 13(4pens) Mulugeta, 11 Niang, 7 Agosto, 6 Bonucci, 6 Rooney, 5 Cabaye, 5 Oxlade-Chamberlain, 4 Kagawa, 3 Berjulet, 2 Zouma, 1 Benzema, 1 Boonen, 1 Ramsey, 1 Rodwell, 1 Vrsaljko, 6 Own Goals

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE & STATS

View attachment 261992View attachment 261993
(player stats wont load)

AWARDS
English Footballer of the Year: Junior Hoilett
English Players Young Player of the Year: M'baye Niang
Manager of the Year

I can't really judge you as you are the FM Messiah but as you conceded 33 maybe bring in a new defender in the summer? apart from thaat awesome as always KLIPPY.

Last edited:
Back