Knap tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 527
  • Views Views 297K
Honestly I never got more than 100 pts on TFF Tactic testing league using TFF tactics, and that`s having somewhat ideal players for it, I don't know why but I can't have success with them

I tried TTF vortex v1,2,3,tornado,titan v3 and results are 1-1,0-0,2-1 laying on 9 place of the table...
With Knap Oxford 154 pts i got 106 pts in Sky bet 2 ,102 pts in Sky bet 1,99 pts in Championship with Stockport!
Using Dambuster 157 pts in PL last season got 60 pts and 5 place with Stockport,current switched to Dambuster extreme and on 1 place in PL with 9 wins 1 lost after 10 matches!

View attachment 179685
THANK YOU KNAP!

This is with 4-2-4 Stargazing. At half-time (3-0) I changed to defensive, tightened things up but was still lethal on the counter!

We are only just competent with tactic familiarity aswell...

I tried TTF vortex v1,2,3,tornado,titan v3 and results are 1-1,0-0,2-1 laying on 9 place of the table...
With Knap Oxford 154 pts i got 106 pts in Sky bet 2 ,102 pts in Sky bet 1,99 pts in Championship with Stockport!
Using Dambuster 157 pts in PL last season got 60 pts and 5 place with Stockport,current switched to Dambuster extreme and on 1 place in PL with 9 wins 1 lost after 10 matches!

I can't imagine you getting promoted back to back seasons on this FM because even the Oxford tactic is inconsistent with my Macclesfield team after promotion to League 2.

Original squad Spurs 102pts with Oxford, I don't think anyone has gone to 90 pts on the SI Spurs thread 1st season. You do need momentum, as even testing the results can be erratic with any tactic. However in testing I do not sub players unless injured or use a SUS tactic, and there are a lot of late AI goals.

Latest MM still under review, not released yet.

Very Brave going Extreme.

Hey knap, i've been using the 424 beowulf counter with man utd, I won the title two years in a row but lately have been getting bad results away. What would you recommend I switch to? I have the players for a 424 only, not 442. I have the best squad in the league and possibly the world.

Could try Stargazing or Woking 451 if you have a DM type player.

With Spurs I use Son as MR or Left and he is a prolific scorer in those positions, so perhaps even Dambusters.

Would you still switch to a control tactic when playing away? I'm usually never the underdog, at best even vs. top sides. Your tactic had worked wonderfully for two seasons. But lately I think the AI is adapting. My players are fine, morale is good, pep talk the same, etc.

Something else I've noticed is that my players get a lot of yellow cards, and occasionally sent off. I've removed the hard tackle instruction for my CDs.

Last edited:
When i took Stockport in conference i switched to Oxford tactic with attacking movement preparation with some loan players and better staff coaches hiring , off course I didn't start to win every match after this but been promoted as via play off from 2 place same was in conference premier but in Sky bet 1,2,championship we hammered everyone with almost same squad only in championship I signed 5-6 new better players.
In promotions seasons i had in attack Lauri dalle Valle free,Joshua King free,wingers ml allesio vita free and mr billy waiters, amc ninis free and laverty free,skriniar slovenian defender free and some loans players from italy seria b.

I would not take Hard Tackle off, just monitor during game and if looking like 2nd yellow then adjust tackling. TBH even easy tackling generates yellows and reds.

The fining should adjust downwards the hidden attribute.

I read a comment by Cleon about AI adapting, I will have to see if I can find to quote, but a change is as good as a rest.

The Woking 451 is very adaptable so whatever gives best results.

I'm sure I bought Dalle Valle in FM08 when climbing leagues.

I'm sure I bought Dalle Valle in FM08 when climbing leagues.[/QUOTE]

In fm08 he was a beast in fm16 he was on a free after 1 season with crewe,sighed him and he scored 10+ every season his stats attributes this year pretty good for sky bet league sides.

have been using knap's tactics for about 30 seasons now. used his 41311 control for my 15 years at man utd and first few years at gloucester which was insane. then i switched to 442 midsomer counter which was just as good. took 15 years to take gloucester from the vanarama south to win the premier league.

have won it the past 3 seasons now with about 85-90 points each time using 442 midsomer. i am in 2047 but still have limited funds with a small stadium and i think man city, man utd and chelsea still have a better quality team than me.

decided to start the new season with the dambusters extreme and it's been even better. hoping to break my 90 pts record from last season.

View attachment 179488

have been using knap's tactics for about 30 seasons now. used his 41311 control for my 15 years at man utd and first few years at gloucester which was insane. then i switched to 442 midsomer counter which was just as good. took 15 years to take gloucester from the vanarama south to win the premier league.

have won it the past 3 seasons now with about 85-90 points each time using 442 midsomer. i am in 2047 but still have limited funds with a small stadium and i think man city, man utd and chelsea still have a better quality team than me.

decided to start the new season with the dambusters extreme and it's been even better. hoping to break my 90 pts record from last season.

View attachment 1021289

2047 quit cool,any new messi or ronaldo?
I am currently in 2022 with Stockport Dambuster extreme laying 1 place with 12 matches won 1 draw looks like this tactic is amaizing!

yeh i'm still going strong. seems like a very good tactic. didn't think he could improve on near perfection but seems he has.

ah **** i keep forgetting to take random screenshots of great players and stuff like that through out my career.

there was one player who won the ballon d'or 9 times i think. he was absolutely unreal. i can't see his stats now as he's retired.

View attachment 179445

here is my best player, picked him up as a youngster for 13m due to his potential and he has definitely fulfilled it. my captain also.

View attachment 179444

here are a few of the best players in the game

View attachment 179440

View attachment 179438

View attachment 179437

View attachment 179436

i'll have to start remembering to take screenies from now on. nice to look back through some history of the save.

Wow!this batata looks amazing seems like further in game better regens to come cause there are no any same beast attributes regens in my game yet..

Back