Just one question for the "tweaking" you've made with the attacking midfielder ...

- the way i see it, the right midfielder (advanced playmaker) kinda is the person who distribute balls and in general control the play - since you've changed him to an attacking midfielder (support) isn't some of the throughballs to the forward (and inside forwards) lost ?, or does the attacking midfielder compensate for that ? (i know your does, because he scores 80+ goals a season, but how about for a "normal" team ? :)

It's just that one of the things i miss the most with this tactic is the attacking midfielder, as there's SO many great and young out there :)

I'm not familiar with the rating system of GS but I do get what you mean.
I can't write one by one the rating system but what I'm about the explain should be simple enough and prolly answer your problem.

Basically the players needed stats have been arranged from importance. They are all important though. But here is a 'complicated' rating system that you want. I use Wingbacks for example which has "Acceleration, Pace, Work Rate, Marking, Tackling, Crossing".

Now the first stats mentioned (Acceleration) worth 100 rating, the next one (Pace) 95, after that 90.. just minus 5 per stats.
That's for the 'priority' stats.

Next is the 'needed' stats which basically are the 'highlighted' attributes when you click your player on the tactic that has not been mentioned in the 'priority' stats.
One of wingback's highlighted attributes for example is 'Stamina'.
Give stamina 50 rating. Same goes to the other attributes that are highlighted but not yet 'rated'.

Next is all mental attributes and first touch and stamina. All of mental attributes that has not been rated, as well as (if) first touch and stamina has not been rated - give them 30 rating points.

The remainder attributes just give 10.

Many tanks. I've just one doubt. In AMR and AML, for example, you said that they must be able to finish. But finishg is just the 9th stat in your prioraty list, witch will give him just 60 rating. You think some kind of exception should be made here our it's alrigth? Probably the order of the stats on the firts post is not in order in all positions?

I thank you for helping me buil this rating system. If it works will be a great help for everyone o uses Genie Scout and your tatics (wich is amazing, by the way)

Many tanks. I've just one doubt. In AMR and AML, for example, you said that they must be able to finish. But finishg is just the 9th stat in your prioraty list, witch will give him just 60 rating. You think some kind of exception should be made here our it's alrigth? Probably the order of the stats on the firts post is not in order in all positions?

I thank you for helping me buil this rating system. If it works will be a great help for everyone o uses Genie Scout and your tatics (wich is amazing, by the way)

No it's already in order. On the finishing, how do I put this..

True it is important but it is not as important as the other attributes. Because the main use of the inside striker is to destroy the defense and create chances for the striker. However, I bolded the finishing part because so that people see that is needed as well. Most people will usually be okay to find inside strikers whose finishing is below average as long as he's flair-y, agile or quick. But in the tactic he needs to be able to finish as well.

Do you get what I mean? Bolding the finishing is merely emphasizing that finishing is needed as well.

Just one question for the "tweaking" you've made with the attacking midfielder ...

- the way i see it, the right midfielder (advanced playmaker) kinda is the person who distribute balls and in general control the play - since you've changed him to an attacking midfielder (support) isn't some of the throughballs to the forward (and inside forwards) lost ?, or does the attacking midfielder compensate for that ? (i know your does, because he scores 80+ goals a season, but how about for a "normal" team ? :)

It's just that one of the things i miss the most with this tactic is the attacking midfielder, as there's SO many great and young out there :)

Well my AMC was the highest assister too with 37 (AMR 2nd with 33) assists in all comps, the thing is about the tweaked version is the amc is roaming so he'll start play and get some nice assists, but he also turns the formation to a 4-2-4 when getting forward so he comes into the box late on in play (really effective)/drags a player/scores. He basically helps overload teams early before they get themselves in order.

Id advise to try it but just bear in mind that my player is legendary so you need a good amc but they do come through frequently with good overall stats.

Ill also tell you that normally my team scores around 122/130 goals in the league and in the two seasons i used this tweak with my albiet great team blended side, i got 141 in the first season and 166 the 2nd.

Ive yet to try the formation with a normal team, but obviously its only worth tweaking if you have a decent amc in your side.

Alright bud your tactic is working awesome for me and im blackpool.
Thanks..

i also brought kadlec, hes doing amazing so far..

Last edited:
also would you mind posting screenshot of your, so called legendary AMC :)

Masher

Ok so i've not been playing FM at all recently and i totally forgot about this post!

I've uploaded the modfied tactic as you'll see its just with the instructions changed for the AMC and the MC taken off longshots - this is optional occassionally id leave it on and my MC would score some wondergoals but it also detracts from the core of the tactic imo.

I've also got a sceenshot of my Legendary AMC (as well as the results achieved), as you can see hes total genius and hes been the mainstay of my team since i got him at 18, hes also the man who heads most of my corners...

BUT!!!! Take into account that im well into the future here and all my best high potential players are coming to the fore effectively peaking at the same time.

Anyway recognition all goes to Koflok, by far the best tactic i've use in FM to date and i've tested most out there to try and achieve the best goals conceeded goals scored ratio.

that player is an obvious cheat mate he is thirty and the game time is 2023 that would make him 7 when the game starts.... as he isn't a regen as he would have a tacky face if he was

that player is an obvious cheat mate he is thirty and the game time is 2023 that would make him 7 when the game starts.... as he isn't a regen as he would have a tacky face if he was

Wow are you joking?

The regen is 30, the game date is 2023, the game starts in 2010, 13 years difference between the two. The game does not start in 2000 mate, it starts in 2010, meaning he has been around for about 13 years, being brought into the game when he was 17.

And yes he is infact a regen, he just has the regen faces turned off.

Idiot.

undone by basic maths.... durrrr!

Not sure when your game starts but mine starts in 2010-11 season like most people.... here's some more screenshots, regens on my game simply have the retarded faces turned off in preferences (Id rather not have my players looking like total nonces).
Heres his history and his eventual replacement, both players were rated 5 star by coaching staff and cost me a fortune!

Anyway you can carry on with your accusations i don't really rate the opinion of someone who :

A) Can't count
B) Doesn't know some simple options of a game he plays like turning off those spastic regen faces.

Last edited:
hmm, Koflok, I downloaded your latest tactic, the version 5. But I don't know why but my "inside forwards" are set on advanced playmakers and they always try to cross the ball, whereas none of their crosses really make it. This is really frustating and I hope you can fix this. Thank you.

hmm, Koflok, I downloaded your latest tactic, the version 5. But I don't know why but my "inside forwards" are set on advanced playmakers and they always try to cross the ball, whereas none of their crosses really make it. This is really frustating and I hope you can fix this. Thank you.

They are supposed to be set as advanced playmakers, the thing about the crossing is probably because they are too poorly skilled at perhaps decisions and finishing, hence making them unable or unwilling to finish and instead they will try crossing it.

Only way i see of fixing this is to buy some new ones or train them in either decisions or finishing.

love the tactic, could people pls post any tweaks that u have made that have made a difference regardless of the team u were so we can give feedback to the creator and other people can see if the tweaks work for there team, i for example prefer to stick to the downloaded tactic and abit scared of tweaking incase i get battered

Make sure they're positioned opposite to their strong foot so that they cut inside. Otherwise (if you put Messi for example on the left) he'll dribble on the byline and doesn't cut inside which basically presurred him to cross instead of flick a through ball.

Or.. what the guy below you said; he has low decision ability.