PSG.png

New kits revealed

Home
psg_home.png

Away
psg_away.png

Third
psg_third.png

These kits a product of El_Wufio Kit Studios, along with our new sponsors, Macron and AirFrance.​

PSG.png

Up and Down August

I want to apologise to all PSG fans, maybe I'm not cut out for this, recent results are not good enough, and if they do not improve I might leave. It's tough at the top and maybe I'm just not good enough. Anyway I should start talking about the matches.

Our first game was at home to Saint-Etienne which ended in a 2-1 win, with Dentinho and Rothen getting the goals in front of a 45483 strong crowd, who came to see our first home game of the season. We were brilliant in front of goal this game, with more than half our shots on target. My MOM goes to Ludovic Guily who came on at half time and proved vital providing a creative spark in midfield.

We then went away and lost 3-0 to Lens in a dismal performance, we should have at least got a draw, but that's not my main concern, to concede 3 is dismal, and we will be looking to improve our defence from now on, or some changes may be needed. Our shooting was also dismal with only 2 from 10 shots on target. No one deserved a MOM that day, although Annan looked decent.

Then came our First Leg Europa League Qualifier vs Valerenga, a 2-2 draw away from home with a last minute equaliser saving Valerenga. Jallet and Erdinc got the goals this game, with Rothen sent off for a second yellow later. Again we shot well, but their keeper was on fire. MOM goes to Sessengon for a vital role in midfield, he fought and fought for every ball.

Another win in Ligue 1 vs Caen, 2-0 at home. Hlousek opened the scoring in the 21st minute with a penalty after a challenge on Sakho was fouled from a corner. The game was dominated by us for the rest of the game which pleased me, and in the 94th minute Bodmer put the game to rest on a wonderfully worked free kick from the side of the box. Nene chipped the ball to the edge of the box for Bodmer to smash home with no one marking him, making it 2-0 with the last kick of the game. MOM goes to Sakho who was a rock all game, not one mistake.

The tricky Europa League Second Leg came next, with a 1-1 or 0-0 draw needed, still I didn't want complacency and we needed to take the game to Valerenga. Unfortunately they went 1-0 up in 20 minutes, but not after a lot of chances from us. We dominated the game, and they had one counter attack and they score. But we were determined and we kept fighting and fighting, and we got one back in the 60th minute through Dentinho, a lovely half volley from a very tight angle. Dentinho put the game to bed in the 90th minute with a simple header from a Nene cross. MOM goes to their keeper, Lars Hirschfield, for saving 11 out of 13 shots on target, and surviving 25 shots all up.

3 days later, we were away to Brest, and it proved a terrible match for the tired PSG players. We went down 4-1 in our worst performance of the season, with Luyindula providing the only good moment of the game with a stunning finish from just inside the box. MOM goes to Luyindula who scored on his season debut.

After all that, we are 9th in Ligue 1 and we are in the Europa League group stages, but they are yet to be drawn. Hopefully September will be an improvement.

Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

Scrappy September

Well real football hit me this month, an absolutely terrible month from me and the lads, although never completely horrible, either not finishing, or not defending, especially from corners, the goals seem to flow past Coupet. Oh well now my rant is over time to start.

First match was in Ligue 1 and was away to Bordeaux in a match that I hoped for a draw in. Instead we lost 3-0 to an evenly matched Bordeaux side, we had more shots and more shots on target than them yet they come away with 3 goals and 3 points. The own goal from Jallet didn't help either. MOM goes to Adam Hlousek who seemed to be the only player that didn't give up. Well done Adam.

Next up was a trip to the Vicente Calderon in our toughest match of the year, a Europa League group match vs Atletico Madrid. We went down 1-0 in a hardly fought battle, with Aguero scoring the only goal in the 15th minute. One bad point was Sakho's sending of in the 91st minute after receiving his second yellow card. MOM went to Mathieu Bodmer for me, he controlled the game from the back and was the reason we ended up with more possession.

A home game vs Montpeiller was next, but proved to be a terrible day as they trumped us 2-1, again finishing our problem. Jallet put us ahead in the 25th minute, but he couldn't stop a second half comeback. Our 19 shots counted for nothing as opposition keeper only had to stop the 4 which were on target, an abysmal record. Joint MOM goes to Giovani dos Santos and Anthony Annan who looked quite respectable out there today.

That match prompted a move in the transfer market, a deal to sign 20yr old Belgian striker Jelle Vossen for 735K. The deal signalled the end of Guillaume Hoarau as he left on loan to Valenciennes for the year. Jelle seems a profound finisher, just what we need, hopefully he will be a success.

View attachment 99310
VossenB.jpg

The match also signalled a change of tactics for us, moving from a simple 442 to a modified 451 which I will provide a picture of.

View attachment 99311

Our first game with the new tactic was not widely expected to be applied well straight away, but it showed good signs as a 0-0 draw with Toulouse away brought a point back to Paris. We outplayed them this match, if only our finishing was better, but at least we shut them down in what was our second clean sheet this season. Annan keeps justifying his 3.2 milllion price tag putting in another MOM performance.

The winless month leaves us in 18th position and in the relegation zone, but only 3 points away from 12th position, so a few wins hopefully next month and we can be middle of the pack.

Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
PSG.png

Terrible ending to a decent October

A decent start to the month, but the ending left me wanting to hide in a hole and needing a new striker to FINISH SOME SHOTS! But I digress, let me update you on the wierd, wacky and wonderful (not) month of October.

The month started with a home game in the Europa League which left us with 3 points as we trumped FC Vaslui at home 2-0. Goals through Dentinho and Luyindula. We got a little lucky in this match, but one of the matches where we could finish so I'm happy. MOM goes to Ceara with an amazing defensive performance, even looking decent going forward.

Our good performances kept up with a 4-1 win in another home game vs Valenciennes, but not after going down to a Hoarau goal within 15 minutes. That didn't matter though as we hit back through Nene and Erdinc in the next 10 minutes to make it 2-1. Dentinho made it 3 before halftime and Erdinc rounded it up 10 minutes into the second half with our 4th and his 2nd. We finished strongly again this game which left me believing that we could continue this form. My MOM goes to Erdinc who broke his goal drought with a brace.

Another home game followed against top of the league Lille, but we went down 2-1 in what was an even game. At halftime they were 2-0 up and it looked over, but a second half revival from us left many supporters happy with our efforts. Ceara scored a rocket of a goal with 25 minutes left to make it interesting but no comeback was on. Dentinho was also injured in the 70th minute. MOM goes to Sessegnon for his amazing right wing display today.

Then we went away to Levski Sofia and drew 1-1 in a terrible display from our attackers, we should've and could've scored about 5 goals. Our goal came from a penalty in the 65th minute scored by Adam Hlousek. MOM goes to Ceara who is becoming on of the most consistent performers.

Another bad performance followed away to Auxerre as we went down 3-0. They scored early and dominated from then on in putting one past Coupet in the 63rd minute and the 88th minute. We got dominated and were restricted to 5 shots, but at least Nene put in a good performance to become my MOM.

We then drew 1-1 at home with Monaco, again finishing the main problem making me wanting Jelle Vossen to come sooner. They went ahead in the 23rd minute but only for Adam Hlousek to restore the balance in the 47th minute from a nice team play. We had multiple opportunities to put the game to rest, but none were taken. MOM went to Nene again for a nice substitute performance.

Our last game of the month was away in the 2nd Le Classique of the season, against Marseille of course. We went down 3-0 to 3 goals in the first 20 minutes. I have nothing to say about this game, not even a MOM.

This leaves us in 17th position, just out of the relegation zone, but we have one game in hand on some, and 2 on the others, so all is partly well? Hopefully I will be writing to you again next month, but I might be sacked so we will see.

Nick van Aalst​

----------------------------------------------​

PSG.png

The November Turn Around

A month where we go undefeated has to be a good month and we have finally had that month with a brilliant November. 3 wins and a draw has ensured that I stay on longer, that we have made it almost certain that we qualify from Europa League group stages and that we move up in the Ligue 1 table.

First game was at home in the Europa League to Levski, a game we won but at a bit of a cost. Bodmer, Chantome and Erdinc got the goals for us today in our 3-0 win and all of the goals came before halftime aswell. The downside was that Nene was injured for 3 weeks, although he would only miss one game due to the International Break. MOM goes to Bodmer who proved to be a force to be reckoned with in the midfield, fighting back and winning balls and going forward to score and assist.

Our second game was again at home this time to Aries in a 1-0 win that could have easily been more. Hlousek got us the goal in the second half after a frustrating first half where we could have put 2 or 3 away, but at least we got it in the end. MOM went to Ceara for a solid performance from the Right Back that saw him shut down everything and go forward in confidence.

The International Break came and went before our match at home to Lorient which turned into a devastating performance from us Le PSG. Goals from Bodmer, Sessegnon, Clement, Luyindula and a double from Hlousek solidified a 6-1 win that left Lorient supporters devastated. The best performance of the season from the lads apart from conceding, but for once we looked brilliant in attack. MOM goes to Hlousek for the best individual performance of the season, enough said.

We then travelled to Nice 4 days later to play out an entertaining 2-2 draw. We went down 2-0 but a half time kick up the *** saw the team come out firing and saw Chantome and Sessegnon put away two fine goals to secure the comeback and a point. The match was even with both keepers playing well and ensuring no more was conceded. MOM went to Mevlut Erdinc who played well for the first or second time this season, maybe with Vossen coming in he's woken up and started to push for first team regularity.

No losses this month leaves us in 12th position in League 1, going up 5 places and we still have a game in hand on some teams so maybe a push to top 10 next month. In Europa League we need 3 points top qualify as Vaslui are only 4 points away with one game to go, and a draw against them in the last game will see us go through aswell. Special congratulations to Adam Hlousek as he recieved Ligue 1 Player of the Month for his fine performances through November.
Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

Christmas in December?

The best month PSG have had since I've have been manager. We extended our Ligue 1 unbeaten streak, and we qualified for the Europa League Knockout Rounds.

Our first game was a home game against Atletico Madrid, which we expected at least a draw from, but we were disappointed as we lost 2-1 to and Aguero brace. We went ahead through Hlousek within the half hour but Aguero clawed it back for Atletico with goals in the 36th and 83th minute to break PSG hearts. We deserved at least a draw and were hard done by, but that's football. My MOM is Maxwell who is finally finding his feet in his Left Wingback position.

We then took our anger out against Nancy in a 3-0 win at home. Dentinho put us ahead after returning from his injury in the 26th before Luyindula extended our lead in the 42th minute. We won a penalty with 3 minutes to go and Dentinho stepped up and even though he missed the penalty he followed up as the keeper fumbled it and he tapped in into the corner to give us the 3 points. We restricted Nancy's chances to only 2 shots on target which gave me a smile, and Coupet an easy game. MOM goes to Dentinho for a brace on his return.

Next game we went away to Sochaux to bring home the 3 points with a 2-0 win. Chantome and Erdinc scored our only goals within 3 minutes of each other about 10 minutes before halftime to give us a comfortable lead. We got a little lucky but we were the better finishers and that saw us in a happy mood. My MOM goes to Erdinc who is shaping up now that Vossen is coming in, maybe he wants to keep his first team place.

Our last Europa League group stage match was away to Vaslui with a draw enough to send us through, and that's what we got a 0-0 draw, but not after an amazing display of domination and bad finishing. With 12 shots on target and none going in I was disappointed but better finishing next time hopefully. MOM goes to Ceara again for a lovely performance. We got drawn against Anderlecht in the First Knockout Round.

Again in Ligue 1 we went away and destroyed a team 3-1, this time Stade Rennes on the wrong end of a beating. Mevlut Erdinc got a hatrick, and all within 10 minutes to give us the 3 points, he is definitely staking a claim for first team football. We did concede late which ****** me off, but at least were still undefeated in Ligue 1 for 6 games straight. MOM goes to Erdinc of course for a brilliant hatrick.

We are now 9th in Ligue 1 and we still have a game in hand on some teams, but our next game is a toughie against Lyon, and Vossen might start, but Erdinc will be training his *** off to get the starting position. The board are finally happy with me so I might be here for quite a while longer.
Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
PSG.png

The Winter Signing

PSG have secured the biggest signing of the Winter Transfer Window with Icelandic Midfielder Aron Gunnarsson. He moves to Paris from English Championship side Coventry for a cheap 2 million. The 20yr old has made 16 appearances for Coventry so far and has scored 3 goals and 4 MOM awards, hopefully he can keep it up in Ligue 1, but at a young age he won't be expecting to start straight away.

Aron%20Gunnarsson_633580430457812500.JPG
View attachment 101354

PSG.png

Jolly January

A brilliant month for Le PSG as they pushed towards the Europa and Champions League spots. A pleasing month as Jelle Vossen came in at the start and Aron Gunnarsson at the end with a few departures.

We started away to Lyon in one of the toughest battles of the year which saw us come out with a 2-1 upset. They went ahead on the half hour but Sakho clawed it back right before halftime with a beautifully worked corner. The game played out evenly for the rest of the game before Sessegnon put the game away in the 82nd minute for the suprise win. Coupet gets MOM for his performance to keep out the 5/6 shots on target for Lyon.

Then came the French Cup 9th round win against Sochaux which ended up as a 4-0 thrashing. A hatrick from Erdinc helped and a penalty from Hlousek in the dying minutes put us through into the next round. We dominated possession and field position to walk away with the deserved win. MOM goes to Erdinc for a fantastic Hatrick.

Coupe De La Ligue then rolled around but we exited straight away as we lost 1-0 to Bordeaux at home. We lost a fairly even game to a goal in the first 15 minutes of a corner. MOM goes to Adam Hlousek for another good performance in the LW.

The came a come from behind win against Lens at home as we won 2-1. Sankhare and Camara got the goals for us today in the last 25 minutes but it came at a cost as Chantome was injured for 2 weeks. MOM goes jointly to my wingbacks, Maxwell and Ceara for a brilliant attacking and defensive display.

We then lost away 1-0 to Caen through a goal in the 91st minute to leave our hearts broken. It was a decent game from all although we failed to test the opposition goalkeeper once even though we had 10 shots, also with Dentinho missing an open goal. Nene won the MOM award for me today in his dominant midfield role.

Then an embarrassing loss to Strasbourg on penalties in the French Cup. We drew 1-1 and went to penalties with confidence but we lost through a Sakho missed penalty. Erdinc scored our goal today only to have it clawed back half an hour later. We dominated this match so much we did not deserve to lose but things happen. MOM goes to Sankhare for a fine display in his push for first team football.

We took out our rage in our last game of the month at home to Brest in a 3-0 demolition in Ligue 1. We went 2-0 up early through Bodmer and Dentinho goals to set the tone for the match. Erdinc put the game to bed in the second half as he cemented his first team place. MOM goes to Bodmer as he snuck ahead of Dentinho for the award.

A decent month sees us sitting 7th with only 4 wins between us and first (Marseille and Lille), and 2 wins from 4th. We were knocked out of both national cups so that leaves us focusing on Europa League and Ligue 1

Transfers - View attachment 101360
Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

A Brazilian Feast

PSG manager Nick van Aalst has moved to sign his 3rd Brazilian of the season in 25yr old goalkeeper Luiz Felipe Ventura dos Santos (Felipe) from Corinthians for a fee of 1.1 million pounds. Felipe will join in July 2010 before the start of the new season. He is thought to be a replacement for an aging Coupet and a predecessor for Alphonse Areola while he grows into a brilliant keeper.

felipe_corinthians.jpg
View attachment 101361

Looking good boys :)

Best of luck for the rest, i am enjoying it so far.

Looking good boys :)

Best of luck for the rest, i am enjoying it so far.

Thanks man, nice to have followers :)

----------------------------------​

PSG.png

Fantastic February

The month of February was a widely spread month in terms of matches, with a decent month seeing us rise again on the table. We keep improving and maybe that's because we don't have 4 competitions anymore, but at this stage we are looking at top 4.

We started away to Valenciennes and we drew 2-2 in a match we should have won! They did go ahead early but we clawed it back with two in 4 minutes from Nene (Pen) and Adam Hlousek. From then on we dominated possession but we did get pulled back to 2-2 in the 64th minute and from then nothing changed. Nene and Hlousek get joint MOM for their goals and their brilliant displays in the midfield.

Next up was a big game at home to Bordeaux, which ended in an unfair 1-1 draw, which we should have won but we gave away a lead late. Erdinc scored our goal in the first half hour and we looked good from then on. We did dominate but we couldn't stop them scoring a goal in the 86th minute, through a few bobbles and bounces in the box turned into a tap in of a corner. MOM goes to Nene who is enjoying his new central midfield role for us.

Another home game came against Anderlecht in Europa League, we both went into this match with hopes of a win but we came away with the 3-1 win. Erdinc scored our first in the 16th minute converting our early dominance into a lead. They got one back in the 64th minute through Lukaku and even though we were dominating we were drawing. Eventually Luyindula put us ahead with 4 minutes to go, and Dentinho put the game to bed in the 90th minute. It was a good performance all the way to the end by our players to give us the lead going into the second leg. MOM goes to Sessegnon for a dominating midfield performance.

We then went away to play out a boring 1-0 win over Montpellier. We dominated, created a lot of chances but only put away one goal through Dentinho in the 76th minute. MOM goes to Bodmer for his beautiful passing display in midfield creating a lot of good chances for us to not put away but at least we got the 3 points.

Then our Europa League 2nd Leg vs Anderlecht away and all we needed was a draw but we still wanted the win, and we came away with it. The only goal of the game came again through Dentinho this time in the 13th minute to send our fans into raptures. We dominated possession again and came away with the deserved win. MOM goes to Erdinc for a great display up front to open up space for our midfielders.

This month leaves us in 7th position but we have a game on everyone except Toulouse. We again are 2 wins away from 4th position Bordeaux and we are 4 wins away from first still and that's with the game in hand. Our Europa League 2nd Knockout Round opponent is Manchester City in a tie we have every hope of winning.​

Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
Maybe include some screenies when doing the matches description ?

Otherwise, great story mate.

Maybe include some screenies when doing the matches description ?

Otherwise, great story mate.

I'll think about it but I don't want to totally ruin the simple look of it, maybe I'll include them for key matches and league tables and stuff?

Sorry for the lack of updates on my part, I should have one soon and I'll play to February to catch up! Again, sorry!

Dw bout it man, I'll wait up for you a bit ok :) good luck :p you'll need it haha ;)

Ok this will be my last update for a bit so Toddzy can catch up :)

---------------------------------

PSG.png

Mayhem in March

An exciting month which saw the next round of Europa League games and a further 4 Ligue 1 games that saw me consolidate a position as PSG manager.

The month started with an away game at Lorient which saw us come out 2-1 after two first half goals. Erdinc got us our first in the 2nd minute after some lovely play from the PSG midfield to create an easy finish for the Turk. Bodmer put away our 2nd in the 27th minute and saw us go into halftime 2-0 after a dominant start. The second half was more balanced as we brought our foot off the accelerator and let them get one after sloppy defendeing, but we held on for the 3 points. MOM goes to Ceara who is becoming the most consisten RB in the league.

The next two games were our Europa League home and away legs against Manchester City. We lost on an aggregate score of 4-0. The first match at home we lost 3-0, and the sad thing is that City deserved another 2 or 3. The away match was slightly better but again we relied on Coupet to keep the score low, and he did it brilliantly, but we're now out regardless. MOM for the two legs goes to Coupet for a string of brilliant saves in each game.

View attachment 101830View attachment 101831

The morale was low and now was not the time to play the top 2 side Lille, they had played brilliantly this season and only Marseille were keeping them from the top position, and the difference showed as they hammered us 4-0 in our worst performance of the season so far. They got 3 before halftime and never looked back with another added in the second half. A dismal performance where no one deserves the MOM award.

The next game at home lifted the teams spirit as a record crowd showed to support us as we played Lyon, a game that ended as an entertaining 0-0 draw. It was quick end to end game and we had the slight dominance and it showed on the shot count, but nothing came as Lloris kept a magnificent clean sheet to save Lyon from embarrassment. MOM goes to Sessegnon who provided many magical chances but was left with no assists.

View attachment 101832

Our last game of the month came at home to Toulouse and we walked away with the 3 points after a nice 2-1 win. Nene opened the scoring from the penalty spot early to give us some confidence before Sessegnon made it 2 right before half time. Again we slowed down and conceded in the second half, and again we walked away with the win to put us above Toulouse on the table. MOM goes to Sessegnon who is finally showing his true potential.

This month sees us rise to 5th in Ligue 1 and sitting in the Europa League places. Unfortunately we were knocked out of that very competition by dominant Manchester City. With nine games to go in Ligue 1 it's all up for grabs as we can still finish anywhere from 1st - 19th still.

View attachment 101833

Nick van Aalst​

Again Apologies, but the game is in progress atm and i'm in Early November, so I'll play to March and give an update then on my progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.