Le Classique - Une rivalité à un autre niveau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay that's alright mate, I'm slowly progressing through April now so all is good :)

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:17 PM ----------

Okay at the moment toddzy's doesn't have enough time to play this game and update here so this is a single story unless he comes back sometime :)

PSG.png

Amazing April

An undefeated month is exactly what we needed as we entered the last month of Ligue 1. We are now on the home stretch and we are in good form, and good position to take out a Europa League placing.

We started the month with an exciting home game against fighting Auxerre. We took the lead in the first minute through Camara who headed home into an empty net after the Auxerre keeper missed the ball of a corner. In the 8th minute we extended our lead from the penalty spot as Nene converted to make it 2-0. We took our lead into half time and came out pumped up for more and in the 66th minute we were rewarded for our hard work with another penalty and as Nene was off Armand stepped up, but he missed. What happened next was unbelievable as they scored twice in 3 minutes to even it up at 2-2. We pushed more and more now, we needed that goal and again someone was brought down in the penalty box and we got out 3rd penalty of the game, this time Sessegnon converted to make it 3-2 in the last minute and give us the 3 points. MOM goes to Nene who is on fire at the moment.

View attachment 102394

We then went away to Monaco and played out a bore 1-1 draw. They went ahead early and took the lead into half time. After half time we came out more up for the game and it paid off as Luyindula put our equaliser away in the 48th minute. The rest of the game played out with minimal excitement and both sides settled for a point. MOM goes to Sessegnon for a good display on the right wing.

The next game was the big on, "Le Classique", this time at home and on our terms. We took the game to them, we attacked from the go, and this backfired as they took the lead through Braaten in the 39th minute. At half time I tried to inspire the lads and it looked like it worked as we equalised two minutes after the restart, Erdinc the scorer as he ended a 10 hour goal drought. We kept attacking, we were dominating, and in the 70th minute Erdinc doubled his and our goal tally and gave us a 2-1 lead with a lovely strike from the edge of the box. We looked confident and we kept the game at our pace, and just when it seemed over they equalized with 30 seconds left through on loan (from us) striker Mateja Kezman, that was offside by a good metre or so, but an incompetent sideline ref cost us! He broke PSG hearts and we were left with heads in hands in the locker room knowing how close we came, but we had to be happy with hoe we played and look at the positives not the negatives, we got a point so all is not bad.

View attachment 102395

We then went away to Arles and gained three points as we defeated them 2-1. Adam Hlousek gave us the early lead after some beautiful lead-up play. We knocked the ball about and looked comfortable and went into half time with a relaxed lead. In the 52nd minute we lost concentration and they broke away to equalise as Coupet yelled at his defence. We regained our composure, we waited for our opportunities and finally we put the game to bed n the 83rd minute as Jelle Vossen scored his first goal for PSG and gave us the vital 3 points.

This month leaves us 5th in Ligue 1, only 3 points behind 4th placed Lyon, but only 4 points ahead of Saint Ettiene and Nancy and with 5 games left anything can happen. Only two points separates the top 3 of Marseille, Bordeaux and Lille. At this stage we can still drop down to 15th and that shows how tight this competition is at the late stages of the competition. Only 5 games in May remain.

View attachment 102393

Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

Mediocre May

The month of May saw Ligue 1 come to an end with an exciting end and an unexpected winner. We didn't play that well but still managed to grab a Europa League spot.

The month started at home with a decent 1-0 win against Nice. We dominated early, pushed forward and were rewarded with an Adam Hlousek goal in the 15th minute. We kept pushing but for the rest of the match failed to convert. We could have and should have scored more but I have to be happy with the defensive performance. MOM to Adam Hlousek for a great performance tearing apart their RB to shreds.

Next game was away to Nancy and we slumped to a disappointing 1-0 defeat. It was an even match and we both had our chances and we didn't take ours. We held on until the 82nd minute which hurt even more as it was late. MOM to Sessegnon for a good performance out on the right side.

Next up came a much better and quite dominant performance at home as we smashed Sochaux 3-0. Erdinc put us up before going into the break and the lads were full of confidence, they came out from half time even more pumped up. The hard work paid off as Camara put us up 2-0 with half an hour to go. Vossen put the game to bed with 15 to go with a lovely strike from the edge of the box. It was a brilliant performance as we dominated the lacklustre opposition. MOM goes to Nene for a boss like performance from the midfield.

The next home game played out as a 0-0 draw with Stade Rennes. We dominated but could not put the ball in the net as their keeper was on fire. MOM to Sakho for a good performance in a drab match.

The last game of the season was an away game against Saint-Ettiene which resulted in a disappointing 4-2 loss. They scored in the first minute, but only to have Sessegnon and Hlousek give us the lead halfway through the first half. They clawed it back to 2-2 right before halftime. After halftime they looked the hungrier side and came out firing and they went ahead 5 minutes in. The game was back and forth, end to end, and eventually our attacking got caught and they broke for their fourth and final goal to end the game. MOM to Erdinc who played well today tearing apart the defence and laying it off for others in better positions.

View attachment 102546

That match concluded the Ligue 1 season and it left us in 5th position, a good result after the slow start. Lille ended up eventual winners coming out on top by 6 points. Lens, Montpieller and Arles got relegated and head back to Ligue 2.

View attachment 102545

In my next post I will update Ligue 1 in more depth such as stats and awards, as well as Ligue 2, Europa League and the French Cups.

Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
PSG.png

2009/2010 Season Wrap-Up

PSG (All Competitions)
View attachment 102548

Appearances
Gregory Coupet (54)
Mamadou Sakho (52)
Mathieu Bodmer (50)

Goals
Mevlut Erdinc (19)
Adam Hlousek (12)
Dentinho (11)

Assists
Stephane Sessegnon (14)
Mathieu Bodmer (8)
Nene (8)

Average Rating
Stephane Sessegnon (7.34)
Nene (7.25)
Ceara (7.15)

Awards
Best Player – Stephane Sessegnon
View attachment 102549
Most Promising Talent (U23) – Adam Hlousek
View attachment 102550

Ligue 1

View attachment 102547

Goals
Loic Remy (18)

Assists
Benoit Pedretti (13)

Average Rating
Gervinho (7.60)

Awards

Goalkeeper of the Season – Steve Mandanda
Star Goalkeeper – Steve Mandanda
Goal of the Year – Anthony Mounier
Manager of the Season – Rudi Garcia
Most Promising Player – Hugo Lloris
Players' Player of the Season – Eden Hazard
Star of the Season – Gervinho
Stars Team of the Season – Nene, Sessegnon and Bodmer made the team.

French Cup
Winners – Sedan
PSG Result - 10th Round

Coupe De La Ligue
Winners – Lyon
PSG Result - 4th Round

Champions Trophy
Winner – Marseille
PSG Result – Runners Up

Europa League
Winners – Aston Villa
PSG Result - 2nd Knockout Round

That's it from me for this season, I'll be back next season as we go for French and European glory, until then prendre soin et aller PSG

Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

The Biggest Signing of the Summer

I, Nick van Aalst, am proud to announce the signing of one of the biggest players in France, and the world. He has played in Italy, England and Spain and most recently USA, but now he returns to his home country of France. Even though he is now 32 he will be a key player here. He has made 111 caps for France scoring 48 goals and is possibly France's highest profile striker. Yes you guessed it, we have signed Thierry Henry. To sign such a legend is amazing but to sign him for only 2.4 million is a big coup for the club.

thierry-henry-05-2006-11-16.jpg

Nick van Aalst​

PSG.png

Jumping July

The month of August was filled with 6 friendlies, and they all resulted in wins, and a high morale boost for the PSG camp. But with no home games the fans will have to wait to see their beloved players.

PSG 5-1 Koblenz
New Signing (2)
O.G.
Erdinc
Sankhare

PSG 1-0 Dussledorf
New Signing

PSG 2-0 Jena
Erdinc (2)
Makonda Injured

PSG 5-0 Dresden
Erdinc (3)
Chantome
Qasmi

PSG 2-0 Paderborn
Sessegnon
Vossen

PSG 2-0 US Raon-l'Etape
Sessegnon
Erdinc

A good pre-season, only conceding one and scoring17 in 6 games is a positive start. Erdinc was on fire, as was one of our New Signings in the earlier games.

Youth Prospects

Loic Bergeret
View attachment 102870

Nicolas Rajsel
View attachment 102869

Alphonse Areola
View attachment 102867

Sofiane Hanni
View attachment 102868

New Kits

Home
psg_home-1.png

Away
psg_away-1.png

Third
psg_third-1.png

We kept our two sponsors AirFrance and Macron for this years kits, we also kept a navy blue home kit but we went with a red away and a silver third to mix it up a bit. We have also stuck with El_Wufio Studios to make our kits as I personally love their designs.

Next update will be our first matches of the season and our final transfers. Until then prendre soin et aller PSG.
Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
PSG.png

The Final Transfers

View attachment 103134

IN

Felipe
The transfer was confirmed last year as he was played on the transfer list and at a price of 1.1 million it was an easy decision. He moves to us from Corinthians, replacing Coupet as first choice goalkeeper.
View attachment 103131

Fabio
A loan deal to replace Maxwell, but I terminated his loan as Armand is more than capable to play the LB role, and there was no need for Fabio anymore, waste of 600k.

Salomon Kalou
When a player of that quality is up for grabs you have to get them, unfortunately we didn't have enough money to buy him, so we opted for the loan for a much cheaper value of 625k. Moving to us from Chelsea, he is a versatile player who can play all across our front 3 positions.

View attachment 103129

Vincent Kompany
A top quality defender who will allow Bodmer to push into the central midfield role while Kompany and Sakho occupy the centre back roles. For 4.2 million he is a bargain from Man City where he was not used and placed on the transfer list.

View attachment 103130

Thierry Henry
We didn't need a striker, but it's always good to have a quality player of such great popularity and history. For a cheap 2.4 million he was cheap as chips, New York shouldn't have let him go for this much.

View attachment 103132

Yannick Evrard
We had some money left over so I went on search of some young French starlets, and found this young centre mid, who has the potential, in my eyes, to be as good as Nene, Annan and Bodmer. For 1.4 million he is fairly cheap for a player of his potential, but may need to be taught a position or two.

View attachment 103133

OUT (Major)

Peguy Luyindula
With Hoarou having a great season on loan last year I thought I'd keep him around, so I sent Luyindula out on loan for a season.

Loris Arnaud
Just not needed, complained about no game time, let him go for a cool 1.3 million.

Mateja Kezman
Last year on loan, this year out, a lot of money for a old player like him, 675k.

Jelle Vossen
With Henry coming in Vossen has been allowed to get gametime at Brest, and has already shone in his first month there, looks to be a good loan spell, but thankfully he returns next season.
Nick van Aalst​

Some great transfers their mate, specially the already highlighted Henry. Kompany I think will also be a good buy. And all just over £10million, money well spent in my opinion, good luck for the new season!

PSG.png

Amazing August

The season starts, and unfortunately so do the injuries, bans and many more thing to dishearten me, but none of that has happened and an almost perfect start to the season has eventuated and left everyone excited for the season to come.

The Ligue 1 started with an away trip to Chateauroux which resulted in a 1-0 win. Nene's first minute goal gave us the 3 points, and what a goal it was, he took it about 10 metres outside the box, went round 1 player and struck a curling shot from 18 yards into the top left corner, what a way to start the season! We dominated the newly promoted side and we should have scored more, but at least we got the win. MOM to Nene who is keeping his form from last year, pleasing me and PSG fans alike.

Next was our first home game for the season against Nice, in an entertaining 2-1 win for Le PSG. Sessegnon put us ahead tapping into an empty net after Henry hit the post. Then Nene put us 2 up from the penalty spot after Anna hit the crossbar and Sessegnon was fouled as he got the ball. We went into halftime happy and pumped, but again just like last season we conceded early in the second half and that left for a nervy last 30 minutes, but we held strong. MOM to Sessegnon for a good right wing display scoring 1 and "assisting" the penalty.

View attachment 103145

Then came the Europa Leg qualifying home leg against Omonia, which resulted in a 3-1 win. Bodmer got our first with a hard low shot from the corner of the box, before Henry got his first goal for PSG and sent us into the break 2-0 up. Kalou also got his first 5 minutes into the second half to make it 3, but then they got an away goal which ensured a nervy away leg! We dominated like we've never dominated before, and they only scored on the counter but it never should have happened. MOM to Ceara for an amazing attacking displaying getting forward from the right back position.

An away game to newly promoted Le Havre proved a much tougher test than expected and we only walked away with a point from a 2-2 draw. They went ahead early, but Kalou pulled it back to go into halftime 1-1. We came out firing and finally it paid off as Chantome scored with 10 minutes left, but only for us to slack off and let in a silly goal with 5 to go. It was an even game and a draw was probably the best result. MOM to Chantome who played well replacing the unfit Nene.

Then the away leg to Omonia. They scored in the first minute to make it a nervous game. But Sessegnon settled the nerves 10 minutes later to make it 1-1, and that's how it stayed till halftime. 3 minutes into the second half Sessegnon got our second to put the game away. Unfortunately in the 88th minute they scored to seal a draw for this leg, or so they thought, we didn't want to settle for a draw and we pushed and pushed and Erdinc got his way with a header in injury time to give us the win, and the passage to the group stages.

View attachment 103146

The month ended with a home game against Caen which ended 2-0 to us. Anthony Annan got our first and his first ever for PSG in the 32nd minute and we went into halftime happy. This time around we didn't slack off and we got a second with one minute remaining to ensure the 3 points, through Mevlut Erdinc who is pushing Henry for a starting spot. MOM to Felipe for a string of 2 or 3 brilliant saves that kept us going.

The month of August leaves us top of the table after an undefeated start, and good early signs show we can push the top teams all the way this season. The Europa League draw seems easy but you never know, SC Hereenven, Lokomotiv Moscow and Vit. Guimaraes are in group A along with us.

View attachment 103144View attachment 103147
Nick van Aalst​

Good update mate and good looking start. I hope henry does the buis for you! You should have a look at Sukuta-Pasu ;)

Thanks man, yeah good start very happy, oh I hope he will :(, Ok i will, thanks man :)

PSG.png

Scrappy September

The month started out with a trip to defending champions Lille, and they showed why they are champions as they downed us 2-0. They scored in the first minute and from there we looked to turn it round. We dominated and pushed them into their half but we couldn't convert. They scored and put the game to bed with half an hour to go, we never looked like scoring. MOM to Nene for yet another midfield display to be proud of.

View attachment 103889

We returned home for our first Europa League game, a game that saw us defeat Heerenveen in a dominating display, the final score ending up 3-0. Kalou put us up within 3 minutes, and Henry extended that a further 10 minutes later. We kept the game at our pace, much like the last game, but this time we showed better finishing, and in the 81st minute that paid off as Hlousek rounded off the scoring. Joint MOM today, with Henry and Nene sharing the spoils as they worked together and dominated the centre of the field.

Next up was a Coupe De La Ligue game, against Ligue 2 Istres at their home ground. We ended up winners, but only after extra time and a host of squandered opportunities. We scored our only goal, of 34 shots, in the 106th minute through Thierry Henry. Our most dominant display of the season, but we could not finish to save our lives, it hurt to watch. MOM to Ceara for a good display in the RB position.

View attachment 103887

We then went away to Lorient and produced yet ANOTHER poor finishing performance, losing 1-0. They scored in the 25h minute, and parked the bus, but we found our way through, time after time, but we couldn't find the back of the net. Of our 20 shots, 3 were on target, a terrible ratio for a side of our quality. MOM to Nene again as he proves to be our best player so far this season.

Our last game of the month was a Europa League game, away to Vit. Guimaraes ending in three points for us after a 2-0 win. We had to wait for the second half for our first goal, and it came through substitute Clement Chantome, who also got our second with 5 minutes to go. A good game, we dominated yet again, but we were complacent in front of goals. MOM to Chantome for his Super Sub performance.

A slip from 1st to 10th in Ligue 1 is terrible, but we only played 2 games and other teams played 3 so we have a game in hand. We are top of our Europa League table 2 games through, and it looks an easy group so far.

View attachment 103888View attachment 103890
Nick van Aalst​

hey guys, I was just thinking about the "story" and it's not much of a story, so I think I should maybe add in the occasional update from the manager (me) to his diary, or something like that, ideas also welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.