Leading Truro City to the Premier League

Truro City

June 2022

So the new teams in League 1 with us are Stevenage, Burton and Dover who got promoted from league 2 whilst Charlton, Sheff Wed and Blackburn come down from the Championship

View attachment 61319

To be honest not only are we in a much tougher league, League 2 only had 2 relegation spots whilst League 1 has 4! We need to be better than all 3 other teams that got promoted with us and one other to stay in the league this year

Our Sponsorship deals really need to catch up with our on field achievements, the average sponsorship for most League 2 clubs is 250k 10 times more than our 26k!

View attachment 61317

Liverpool are the top club in England still whilst we continue to rise! We are now in League 1 but all of the league 2 clubs still have a better reputation than us!

View attachment 61316

Even some clubs not in the Football League have a higher reputation

View attachment 61315

Not only were we massive Overachievers this season but Plymouth went the other way down to League 2! We are now only behind the two Bristol Clubs in terms of league standings with the likes of Yeovil, Exeter and Plymouth in the dust

View attachment 61314

We get a tough draw in the Carabao Cup as we face Millwall a mid table Championship side still

View attachment 61313

Nothing is expected of me when it comes to the Cup competitions or the league, if i can stay in the league thats all that matters this season, i really need to have the clubs finances catch up with our league stature, we literally have no money to do anything

View attachment 61312

Affiliation with Fleetwood Town cancelled as we are now in the same league

View attachment 61311

The loan players have gone back to their clubs Adeniran refused to sign on a permanent deal after i had an offer accepted and Everton didnt want to loan him back to us in a low league! We got promoted and no one was happy
12 players left the club at the end of their contracts including Lussey and Watkins

View attachment 61310

Truro City

View attachment 61214

July 2022 - Pre-Season

This Pre-Season has been more about getting my current players to sign new deals, i looked at our committed wage budget and it was nothing as nobody had a longer contract than up to the end of the season! So i have had to sort out about 15 new deals with most of the players wanting big pay rises, the biggest worry is Kendall doesnt want to sign a new deal, im going to see if i can change his mind over the season and maybe lose him on a free over selling him for a small fee now, Next season will also be a big clear out as at least 10 squad players wont be offered new deals

I get a new contract and a payrise of 350 quid

View attachment 61213

Philliskirk out for a couple of months with a broken toe

View attachment 61212

River Allen has been one of my first and key signings coming through 3 divisions with us but that has started to show as our teams quality moves on from him and i let him leave for a small fee

View attachment 61211

First new signing is a Striker in the shape of former Norwich and MK Dons man Tristan Abrahams

View attachment 61210

I also bring in center back Jack Elliot on loan from Plymouth

View attachment 61209

Hes a clear cut above the rest of our defenders

View attachment 61208

Up next another free transfer from Plymouth midfielder Sangster was playing at this level just last season

View attachment 61207

We are at a proper level now and the media believe we are going to struggle, Cardiff are the favourites and you take into consideration they have one player George Thorne worth more than our whole club!
Their has been some big money spent but mainly on players leaving the league, Burton though a team who come up with us have spent big and are expected to achieve an 8th place finish, we have to just finish above 4 teams in my mind and that is Blackpool, Southend and the other two teams who came up with us Dover and Stevenage

View attachment 61206

Midfielder Yearwood joins from Southend on a free to add some depth to the midfield after we let Allen and Lussey leave in the summer and Pybus is still not back from his long term injury he sustained in January

View attachment 61205

We started off our mammoth amount of friendlies with 3 losses but 4 wins and 2 draws saw a nice end to the Pre-Season, we faced some big clubs in here to with Tottenham a 3-3 draw a personal highlight, Harry Kane scored two of their goals, Im most excited by new striker Abrahams though who netted 5 goals in 5 games

View attachment 61204

We get Exeter in the Checkatrade Trophy group draw again,

View attachment 61203

The Starting 11 for the new season is largely the same but the spine of the team each has a change with Elliot in defence, Yearwood in midfield and Abrahams up front, as the month and season progresses i wont stop scouting and looking for the right new free transfer though

View attachment 61202

Truro City

View attachment 61102

August 2022 - Part 1

League 1
Stevenage 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 61101

Abrahams carried on his Pre-Season form with a brace of goals either side them getting an early sending off, they got a penalty late in the first half with Elliot who gave it away going on to get sent off late on to to even the sides back up, but the perfect start to the new season!

177 new Season Ticket Holders as we finally get a big rise but the overall attendance is still not amazing

View attachment 61100

One of our coaches moves to QPR and we actually got more compensation from this than i have ever received from a proper transfer!

View attachment 61099

Carabao Cup 1st Rnd
Truro 2 - 4 Millwall

View attachment 61098

Well i didnt expect much from the cup game and we didnt deliver much, was nice to see Abrahams get a goal and have a good game though

I bring in a new Left Wing Back as Copp is one of the final players from our National league days whos a bit too fiery

View attachment 61097

League 1
Truro 3 - 0 Charlton

View attachment 61096

Kendall nets a brace trying to show hes still got it after the early season form of Abrahams and Roberts nets to, in an amazing win!

I really did not think the league would go this well after 2 games! 2 games 2 wins! 6 points! I have been looking at the previous years of League 1 tables and the team that stayed up just outside of the relegation zone are on average on around 50 points so that has to be the aim for the season only 44 points to go and 44 games to do it!

Truro City

View attachment 60955

August 2022 - Part 2

League 1
Peterborough 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60954

Another decent result as we grab an away point 7 points down 43 more needed!

Battle and Lancaster both pick up minor injuries whilst trying to get match fitness from the reserve game

View attachment 60953

League 1
Portsmouth 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60952

A very even game again showing our squad has the class to step it up into this league! It was 1-1 after 2 minutes! We did well though and Yearwood made it 2-1 inside 10 minutes, they got a goal near the half hour mark to see out the draw

Checkatrade Trophy Group L
Truro 2 - 2 Forest Green
Forest Green win on Penalties

View attachment 60951

So this should have been our easiest match of the month against a side we left in the league below but we lost it! It was a draw at full time but in the Checkatrade Trophy groups they go to penalties to see who gains an extra point

Right Wing Back Edwards out for a month

View attachment 60950

Cardiff are the big spenders as they spend half the money they made from selling one of their Wonderkids! Sheff Wed sell a couple of players too for a combined £11Million! I could never dream of that sort of money! Our bank balance is lucky to reach 500k in the black come the start of the season

View attachment 60949

Dru Yearwood has had an inspired start to life at Truro with 3 assists and a goal along with just some fine assured performances at the heart of our midfield

View attachment 60948

We are flying high in 6th place at the moment only one of 4 teams still undefeated in the league after 4 games, it means little at this stage of the season but we are 5 points clear of the relegation zone which means more,

View attachment 60947

Absolutely brilliant start. I love the work you've put into this team, to do as well as you have with Truro is fantastic. Keep up the good work and you'll be in the Premier League in no time. ;)

Absolutely brilliant start. I love the work you've put into this team, to do as well as you have with Truro is fantastic. Keep up the good work and you'll be in the Premier League in no time. ;)
Thanks mate, really loving life with Truro at the moment, surprised myself that i have stuck to the lower league save for so long, hoping to make it to the Premier League before i give up but staying in League 1 will make me happy enough for now!

hi, Iv enjoyed reading this thread it looks a seriously challenging career to grow such a small club into a league one side. What’s your thoughts on youth players? On my own fm save Iv found they improve more if kept at the club and given as many first team games as possible rather than send out on loan. Be interested to hear your experiences of that?

Truro City

View attachment 60862

September 2022

League 1
Blackburn 1 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60860

And thats the small unbeaten start to the season over as we come up against one of the better teams in the division Blackburn

Egan is out for 3 weeks our replacement RB for the already injured Edwards!

View attachment 60859

League 1
Truro 2 - 1 Coventry

View attachment 60858

Back to winning ways as Abrahams nets a brace against one time Premier League side Coventry

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Bradford

View attachment 60857

Another decent point thanks to Philliskirk coming off the bench to net a last gasp equalizer, im really thinking the Media underestimated us this season, it may only be early in the season but a mid table finish should be attainable and no relegation battle in sight

League 1
Colchester 3 - 3 Truro

View attachment 60856

We were 2-0 down at one point against Playoff hopefuls Colchester but managed to come back into the game, they netted again but Kendall managed to get another goal to get us the point

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Swindon

View attachment 60854

Yet another draw! This time its Kendall who nets early and they get a late goal to come back into the match

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Fleetwood

View attachment 60853

And thats 4 draws in a row for us, 5 match unbeaten run, i dont know what you guys think is better 1 win and 2 losses or 3 draws they both give the same amount of points but surely all these draws are at least good in the sense we are not losing?!?

View attachment 60851

League 1
Cardiff 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60850

And the Unbeaten run is gone as we come up against Promotion favourites Cardiff but we did manage to hold our own out there for a little bit

Kendall has been in decent form this month with 7 goals this season its a bit of a shame that he doesnt want to sign a new deal

View attachment 60849

Down in 11th place, 35 more points needed to guarantee safety, we are just currently 4 points clear of the relegation zone whilst Sheff Wednesday one of the favourites for Promotion after their relegation from the Championship currently in the relegation zone

View attachment 60844

Truro City

View attachment 60776

October 2022

Sangster out for a month

View attachment 60775

League 1
Truro 4 - 1 Scunthorpe

View attachment 60774

A come from behind fine win here with Roberts netting a Hattrick.
Its amazing how quickly the stats can change, we were 5 games unbeaten after that win and 4 draws, we lost near the end of the month and it went to a 5 game Winless run!

View attachment 60773

Exeter 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60772

A shocker of a result in the Cup against one of our nearest rivals, i dont know what it is about the cups we just dont seem to up our game like we do in the league matches

Kendall out for 4 weeks

View attachment 60771

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Sheff Wed

View attachment 60770

Thats right one time Newcastle and Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko is now in league 1 and he netted a penalty inside the opening minute! Matt Roberts equalized just after the break and we just about managed to see out the draw

Ageing former Premier League players Drinkwater and Sissoko made up part of the Sheff Wed midfield

View attachment 60769View attachment 60768

We bring in our own new midfielder in the form of Matthew Fearnley a former Bolton player on a free transfer

View attachment 60767

Whiteman our keeper picks up a knock just as our other keeper comes back from injury

View attachment 60766

League 1
Luton 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60765

A poor performance as Luton easily dispatch of our side, we seem to be all over the place at the moment going from good wins to bad losses

League 1
Truro 1 - 3 Southend

View attachment 60764

Our first back to back losses in the league this season, Has the bubble burst?

At least we get an easy draw in the FA Cup 1st rnd

View attachment 60763

League 1
Dover 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60761

Philliskirk comes off the bench to grab the only goal of the game as we get back to winning ways against bottom club Dover, they are already like 10 points behind the second bottom team, at the beginning of the season they are where i expected to be!

A new Wing back comes to the club and he is another former Plymouth man

View attachment 60760

League 1
Truro 3 - 2 Burton

View attachment 60759

A fine come from behind win as we beat one of the other teams that came up with us from the league below, i said at the beginning of the season it was key and we have now beat all 3 teams that got Promoted so far this season, forgotten youth intake striker John Peacock even got a goal!

I only just noticed that the Burton manager is former Man Utd and Stoke striker Mame Biram Diouf

View attachment 60758

Kendall is back to carrying the team with goals along with Roberts as Abraham goes off the boil

View attachment 60757

I would bite your hand off if you offered me 10th place come the end of the season! We are on 25 points with 17 games gone, Meaning we are halfway to our 50 point target with 29 games still to play

View attachment 60756

hi, Iv enjoyed reading this thread it looks a seriously challenging career to grow such a small club into a league one side. What’s your thoughts on youth players? On my own fm save Iv found they improve more if kept at the club and given as many first team games as possible rather than send out on loan. Be interested to hear your experiences of that?
Sorry only just noticed this post, game time is key for young players, but i do think at the start of the save the inconsistency of my team especially in defence was from my young players, a lot of them have learned on the job but our only youth intake in 6 seasons have only produced two players who still get games today in Shephard and Peacock, but i guess a regen who has 5 star rating when you are in the National League is never going to be good enough by the time you make league 1

Truro City

View attachment 60654

November 2022

FA Cup 1st rnd
Truro 5 - 0 Halifax

View attachment 60653

A fine result with Roberts smashing in a Hattrick as we get our FA Cup campaign underway against a side 2 leagues below us

We face local rivals and fellow League one side Exeter in the next round

View attachment 60652

Truro 1 - 0 West Brom Under 23's

View attachment 60651

Fearnley gets the only goal of the game which turns our campaign around and sees us go through to the next round despite only winning 1 out of 3 matches!

View attachment 60650

We face fellow promoted side Stevenage in the next round of the Checkatrade Trophy although they have been tearing up League 1

View attachment 60649

Keeper Whiteman always picks up niggling injuries

View attachment 60648

League 1
Bolton 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60647

After our cup heroics is back to the league with a bump as Bolton comfortably dispatch of our weary side

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Walsall

View attachment 60646

Thats more like it! Abrahams nets inside the opening minute before an own goal sees off the match before half time, that was Abrahams first goal in 15 hours of football!

View attachment 60645

League 1
Bristol Rover 3 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60644

Bristol Rovers show that we are not quite on their level yet in this Westcountry derby

Centre back Dunne out for 2 months

View attachment 60643

League 1
Truro 4 - 1 Blackpool

View attachment 60642

At the beginning of the season i tipped Blackpool as one of the teams i had to finish above come end of the season if we didnt want to get relegated but i think this shows our level compared to theirs with an easy 4-1 win

Another injury! Yearwood has been key this season and will miss 6 weeks

View attachment 60641

Its been all about Abrahams at first then Kendall but Matt Roberts has started knocking in some important goals this month with a couple of Hattricks in recent weeks pushing his numbers right up their with 14 goals for the season

View attachment 60640

13th place in the league literally slap bang in the middle between relegation and the Playoffs, 9 points clear of the relegation zone is brilliant for us at this stage of the season just 2 games off the halfway stage of the season

View attachment 60639

Truro City

View attachment 60564

December 2022

FA Cup 2nd rnd
Exeter 0 - 4 Truro

View attachment 60563

Abrahams smashes in a fine brace as we progress in the cup at the expense of our local rivals Exeter, these cup games are the things that make my transfer budget for next season!

300th game for Truro - From Vanarama League South to League 1

View attachment 60562

We face MK Dons in the 3rd rnd of the FA Cup, they are in the league above us but struggling so could an upset be on the cards?

View attachment 60561

Checkatrade Trophy South 2nd rnd
Stevenage 2 - 5 Truro

View attachment 60560

Oh yes! Like i said form goes out the window when it comes to the cup! Stevenage are about 10 places higher than us in the league but we smash 5 past them! It was nice to see some of the fringe players like Owens and Mpofu get goals too and it all adds money to the transfer kitty

We face Oxford in the catchily named Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section 3rd rnd

View attachment 60559

League 1
Exeter 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60558

After beating them in the cup just a few weeks ago we only manage a bore draw in the league

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Grimsby

View attachment 60557

Kendall and Roberts take their chances well, they had a load more chances but just couldnt find the net

Im turning down jobs left, right and centre including Premier League sides like Newcastle

View attachment 60556

Fearnley out for 5 weeks

View attachment 60555

Cameron Lancaster leaves for a small fee going all the way to Oklahoma City!

View attachment 60554

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Stevenage

View attachment 60553

We only just about grab a draw this time round against Promotion chasing Stevenage, isnt it funny we must try harder in the cup or the other team tries less as we win two cup matches this month and only draw against the same sides in the league weeks later

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Peterborough

View attachment 60552

A fine performance against a struggling Peterborough side, my strikers are all in fine form but its just a shame Kendall is still refusing a new deal but also no one wants to buy him for his 40k value! Its a lose lose, lose him at the end of the season for free and nobody wants to buy him now

Matt Roberts form has been awesome recently with 18 goals and 13 assists in just 32 games

View attachment 60551

Flying high in 11th could a late Playoff push be on the cards? We are just 11 points away from our guaranteed survival target of 50 points and are 13 points clear of the relegation zone but just 3 points off the Playoff places although their are a fair few teams between us and 6th

View attachment 60550

Truro City

View attachment 60465

January 2023

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Portsmouth

View attachment 60464

Abrahams nets a brace as we bring our fine form into the new Year

FA Cup 3rd Rnd
MK Dons 1 - 4 Truro

View attachment 60463

What a result that makes us some serious moolah! They are struggling in the Championship whilst we are flying in the league below but i didnt expect this sort of result with Abrahams smashing in a Hattrick

We get another mid table Championship side in Derby in the 4th rnd

View attachment 60462

League 1
Charlton 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 60461

Our 3-0 win against them in the reverse fixture was one of my first games in league 1 but they managed to get revenge on us this time round and give us our first loss of the new year

6 match unbeaten run in the league that goes back to November last year is over

View attachment 60460

League 1
Bradford 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60459

After our recent good run of form in the league and cups these back to back losses are devastating

Our FA Cup match with Derby is going to be on TV and we will get a cool 140k for it!

View attachment 60458

Checkatrade Trophy 3rd rnd
Truro 2 - 1 Oxford

View attachment 60457

Philliskirk comes off the bench to net a last gasp winner in this cup match, the Checkatrade Trophy has almost been an afterthought so far this season with our heroics in the FA Cup

We face Bristol Rovers in the next round

View attachment 60456

League 1
Swindon 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60455

How can we play so well in the cup then go back to losing in the league? Could this be the start of our downfall? 3 league losses in this month alone

League 1
Truro 2 - 2 Blackburn

View attachment 60454

We just about stop the rot here with a 2-2 draw against the current league leaders Blackburn we hit back twice after they scored including them netting a 90 minute goal for us to equalizer even later!

FA Cup 4th rnd
Truro 5 - 0 Derby

View attachment 60453

How can we go from not winning in the league for 4 games to smashing 5 past a team in the league above us including Roberts netting another Hattrick!

Derby feel they were robbed in a 5-0 thrashing!

View attachment 60452

That win came at a cost though with Abrahams and Whiteman both out for a few weeks
View attachment 60451View attachment 60450

We break our attendance record with nearly 1000 extra fans coming to watch us play Derby

View attachment 60449

We also smash the gate receipt bringing in over 100k this cup run will finance our Promotion push for next season!

View attachment 60448

Bobby Duncan joins on loan from Everton for free hes a striker and will probably make it straight into the starting 11 for at least the next few weeks with Abrahams out injured

View attachment 60447

Blackburn bring in a load of money then immediately starting spending it, they are already top of the league and are only going to get better

View attachment 60446

Kendall has been awesome in recent weeks but im still gutted that hes refusing a new deal, i thought our Cup exploits and decent league position may change his mind

View attachment 60445

Well after the dismal form in the league we are now 13th in the league and now 8 points off the Playoffs i think that was wishful thinking for this season and we should just be content with a top half finish now

View attachment 60444

Truro City

View attachment 60406

February 2023

Checkatrade Trophy South Quarter Final
Bristol Rovers 3 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60405

And thats one cup dream over ! One of our near rivals Bristol Rovers knock us out of the cup leaving us with just the league and FA Cup to focus on now

One bit of good news is Kendall wants to stay now!

View attachment 60404

League 1
Coventry 3 - 4 Truro

View attachment 60403

That was a close call! Its not very often you go in at half time 4-0 up but then go on to nearly lose the game, they came out like a different side the second half smashing in 3 goals but we just about held on

Kendall finally signs a new deal

View attachment 60402

FA Cup 5th rnd draw sees us face Fulham, they are near the relegation zone in the Championship so should be an easier match up than our previous tie

View attachment 60401

League 1
Truro 2 - 2 Colchester

View attachment 60400

We were 2-0 down by half time but we turn it around in the second half with on loan striker Bobby Duncan netting a brace

League 1
Fleetwood 2 - 4 Truro

View attachment 60399

Matt Roberts nets a brace on the way to another fine performance in the league

****** Roberts out for 8 weeks

View attachment 60398

FA Cup 5th Rnd
Truro 2 - 0 Fulham

View attachment 60397

Another win against a Championship side! I think this proves that we could hang in the league above us with Abrahams and Duncan netting early goals to seal the tie and see us through to the next round and make some serious money

We set a record for most FA Cup goals

View attachment 60396

We break the record attendance again with a couple of hundred more people coming to the Fulham game

View attachment 60395

New gate receipt record too bringing in 110k

View attachment 60394

It shows how far we have come that the media consider us favourites against Cardiff City

View attachment 60393

We face Watford in the 6th rnd, they are top of the Championship so i think this is where the journey ends, such a shame we didnt get a bigger team to face and make some more money, who would have thought i could go 6 rounds with Truro and not get a Premier League club

View attachment 60392

League 1
Truro 2 - 4 Cardiff

View attachment 60391

Well we were considered favourites but it didnt mean we would win as Cardiff beat us thanks to our two own goals

League 1
Scunthorpe 0 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60390

Kendall nets early whilst Sangster nets late in a fine win to end the month, they didnt help themselves when they had a player sent off around an hour in

Bobby Duncan has been in fine form since joining on loan with 5 goals in 7 matches already

View attachment 60389

Flying high in 8th place! Just 4 points off 6th placed Stevenage in the final Playoff spot, although a loss or draw will see us plummet back down the table, most importantly we have broken the 50 point barrier for the season and all but guaranteed survival with 11 games to go

View attachment 60388

Great cup run you've had there, hopefully it wont come to an end just yet!

Truro City

View attachment 60176

March 2023

Sheff Wed 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60175

Well beaten against Sheff Wed one of our mid table obscurity rivals

Not much in the youth intake but Owen Rawlings at RB is the best of a bad bunch

View attachment 60174

League 1
Truro 4 - 2 Luton

View attachment 60173

Bobby Duncan smashes in a Hattrick in a fine return to form for us, It seems like Everton have some awesome youth players, Adeniran pushed us on last season and Duncan is doing it this season lets just hope they let him stay on next season

League 1
Southend 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60171

And we are back to a comprehensive loss, this inconsistent form is making us go up and down the league table and i will be glad to just end the season soon and make some changes to the side

Edwards out for 6 weeks

View attachment 60169

FA Cup Quarter Final
Watford 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60168

They were all over us and beat us comfortably, we were lucky they only scored the 3 goals, they have some one time prospects who are now fully grown decent players in the form of Jordan Lukaku, Ryan Sessegnon and Tahith Chong the former Man Utd prospect who netted a brace

The Cup run is over but we got nearly 250k in Tv Rights for this game alone

View attachment 60167

Our balance is at over 1Million for the first time ever! Before this cup run our balance was less than 300k! This money could be the catalyst for a Promotion push next season

View attachment 60166

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Dover

View attachment 60165

A good win to get us back on track after the Cup heartache as we beat bottom of the league Dover with Duncan scoring again! Yearwood puts in another fine performance too

League 1
Burton 6 - 3 Truro

View attachment 60159

And we end the month with a loss again showing our back and forth form, The fact that Burton are below us in the league infuriated me even more when we conceded 6 goals.

Bobby Duncan, His form has been awesome since he joined on loan 13 games - 10 Goals and 5 Assists

View attachment 60158

12th slap bang in the middle of the league, with the Cup run over im just going to have to see out the rest of the season as quickly as possible with nothing to play for, we are just 6 points behind the Playoffs but our form is far to inconsistent, i cant see us catching up with 6th place with only 6 games left this season

View attachment 60157

Truro City

View attachment 60048

April 2023

League 1
Truro 2 - 2 Bolton

View attachment 60047

We should have won this game! We went ahead twice in this match but they pegged us back both times, they are chasing a Playoff place so a draw isnt a bad result against them

On loan CB Elliot likely to miss the rest of the season

View attachment 60046

I just thought i would post up Cristiano Ronaldo's stats as i saw despite at 38 years of age he just signed a new 1 year deal with Real Madrid!

View attachment 60045

League 1
Walsall 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 60044

Duncan put in another fine performance but it was a last minute winner from Roberts that sealed the 3 points

After that performance we sort out with Everton to keep Bobby Duncan for next season

View attachment 60043

Truro 1 - 4 Bristol Rovers

View attachment 60042

Another bad defeat to rivals Bristol Rovers who actually went on to win the Checkatrade Trophy after knocking us out of the competition in an earlier round

League 1
Blackpool 3 - 2 Truro

View attachment 60041

Another poor defeat as our players seem to have run out of steam,The fact that we were winning and missed a penalty up until injury time just makes it an even harder pill to swallow, we are falling away in the table to and the top 10 finish is out of the question now

Bobby Duncan out for the last few games of the season too now

View attachment 60040

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Exeter

View attachment 60039

Finally a decent win and even better it comes against one of our near rivals in Exeter,

League 1
Grimsby 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 60035

We end the season with a win! It was a rather boring game with Yearwood getting the only goal around an hour in but they actually had more and better chances but we managed to hold on

We finish the season in 12th place! Not bad considering we were favourites for relegation at the start of the season, we should really push on for promotion next season with a lot of money in the bank account after the FA Cup run and we were only 5 points off a Playoff place ! The top was even closer with only 2 points between the top 4

View attachment 60034

Truro City

View attachment 59997

May 2023 - End of Season

No competition wins or even a Manager of the Month award but it was our most impressive season to date as we comfortably stay in League 1 and get all the way to the FA Cup Quarter Finals.
Its been 3 Promotions in 6 seasons and i really think that we should be going for the Playoffs in my 7th season

View attachment 59996

Tom Edwars the RWB is the only new player in our Best Eleven Ever, its Wing back Copp on the other side who has now played the most games for me with 245 games played, I havent had a single player play anywhere near all the matches i have taken charge of Truro though having played over 300 matches as Truro boss

View attachment 59995

Matt Roberts wins Fans and Young Player of the Year awards whilst Fearnley gets signing of the season which is surprising as i thought his midfield partner Yearwood had a better season, Sangster gets goal of the season with his only goal for us

View attachment 59994

Our Season review shows my biggest concern moving forward, we havent even managed to half fill our stadium this season with an average attendance of just 2174

View attachment 59993

The Truro side of 2017 has just 2 players still with the club 6 years later! Jordan Copp is signed on for another season but former Captain and All Time Appearance record holder Cooke is set to leave on a free transfer in the summer

View attachment 59992

Despite being in a much tougher league our defence improved massively! We broke our clean sheet record which was set at only 6 in league 2 last season to 15 this year!

View attachment 59991

We were rightfully seen as the Biggest Overachievers in the FA Cup and Matt Roberts won Top Goalscorer!

View attachment 59990

Massive hikes in the Gate Receipt, TV Rights and Prize Money after our awesome displays in the FA Cup

View attachment 59989

Our 12th place finish in League 1 is a new record high

View attachment 59988

So another season over and as im about to begin my 7th season in charge we are on the up yet again, plenty of money to bring in new signings but our increase in exposure has also meant i can finally look into the loan market and bring in some quality players