Leeds Utd - Returning Leeds To The Promise Land

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 252
  • Views Views 88K
Leeds Utd

View attachment 188278

January 2018

First signing of the Winter Window is DMC Sebastian Rudy from Bayern Munich for just over £8Million

View attachment 188276

Sebastian Rudy - DMC

View attachment 188275

2 more quality players with huge amounts of top flight experience join for a combined just £12Million, With Subotic and Sven Bender joining from Barcelona and Dortmund respectively.

View attachment 188274

Neven Subotic - DC

View attachment 188273

Sven Bender - CM

View attachment 188272

Starting 11 After Recent Signings

View attachment 188271

Sunderland V Leeds

View attachment 188270

So despite the new signings we got very lucky, coming from behind twice we had two late goals from Balotelli level it all up before RB Byram grabbed the winner.

Liam Cooper joins Norwich for £2Million

View attachment 188269

FA Cup 3rd Rnd
Leeds V Swindon

View attachment 188268

I played a lot of the second string for this match and boy did it show in places! The only player to really impress was Stuart Dallas who got the opening goal half an hour in before Balotelli had to come off the bench to grab the second.

We ****** face Man Utd in the next round of the FA Cup.

View attachment 188267

Leeds V Chelsea

View attachment 188266

Chelsea have won the league 3 years in a row but we really should have beaten them tonight! We went ahead an incredible 3 times but still managed to come away from the night with nothing.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 188265

January 2018 - Part 2

Leeds V Brighton

View attachment 188264

After the loss to Chelsea this was the perfect remedy as we went from 1-0 at half time to utterly destroying them in the second half 5-1 with Balotelli netting yet another brace.

Bender Injured Already!

View attachment 188263

Hull V Leeds

View attachment 188262

This match was all over before half time as Barkley puts in another man of the match performance and grabs the opener before Deulofeu got the the second to kill off the game.

Balotelli set to miss 3 weeks

View attachment 188261

FA Cup 4th Rnd
Leeds V Man Utd

View attachment 188260

And we yet again have a poor run in the cup going out after just one round with Man Utd making light work of us winning 3-0 with Martial netting a brace.

We do set a new gate receipt making £1.3Million

View attachment 188259

Ulloa goes to Russia for £2.6Million, this deal was done before Balotelli got injured and may well leave us a little light up front.

View attachment 188258

Leeds V Southampton

View attachment 188257

We play Deulofeu up front by himself and boy did it show! Southampton put us on the back foot from the off and we were lucky to be only 1-0 down for most of the game before Barkley looked to have grabbed us a late point but it wasnt to be and Mane got an even later winner for them.

The biggest signing in the transfer window was Alcacer to Man Utd for well over £30Million whilst Arsenal were the biggest spenders snapping up two players from Inter Milan for a combined £50Million

View attachment 188255

Ross Barkley Wins Player of the Month

View attachment 188254

League Table

View attachment 188253

Flying high in 5th place currently above the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham but im under no illusions that we will have to work very hard to guarantee ourselves a place in Europe next season.​

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187946

February 2018

Liverpool V Leeds

View attachment 187945

Icardi used to be our downfall but now its ****** Origi whos got 5 goals against us in the last 2 games! Doukara grabbed a late consolation goal but our dodgy strikeforce is really affecting us.

Leeds V Stoke

View attachment 187941

Balotelli was back but he all but didnt turn up with a shocker of a performance, Barkley opened the scoring for us early in the second half but Robbie Brady unfortunately equalized for them late on.

After Lewis Cook just comes back from his serious injury Alex Mowatt goes and picks up almost a carbon copy of the same injury around the same time of year too and is unlikely to play again until October.

View attachment 187940

Man Utd V Leeds

View attachment 187939

We were very lucky as we finally get something from a tough game against Man Utd with Townsend putting us ahead early on before Man Utd scored either side of half time, We did have Townsend grab his second of the game to give us a probably undeserved point.

Fulham V Leeds

View attachment 187937

Balotelli finally gets back on form after his recent injury troubles with a goal less than 2 minutes into the game. Tim Ream then scored a shocking own goal to seal the result before half time, they got one back soon after half time but it meant little to the end result.

League Table

View attachment 187936

6th place now but 5th place is really looking out of reach with Man City having a game in hand. Balotelli tops the Golden Boot chart whilst Ross Barkley has an incredible average rating in the league of 8.00

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187925

March 2018

Leeds V Arsenal

View attachment 187924

We come from 2-0 down to get a very lucky draw against Arsenal, Deulofeu got a goal back from 2-0 down before then getting sent off and leaving it for Sven Bender to smash in a power driver from 40 yards to grab an unlikely point.

Leeds V Newcastle

View attachment 187923

A Townsend brace sets us on our way in a comfortable 4-1 romp against Newcastle but Balotelli did miss yet another penalty and may well be off penalty duties from now on!

Crystal Palace - V Leeds

View attachment 187922

It was a chaotic start to the game being 2-2 before even half an hour had gone in the game but we managed to kick on with Barkley grabbing a second goal to put us ahead and then Deulofeu sealed the win with a fourth.

Sven Bender out for 4 Weeks

View attachment 187921

West Ham V Leeds

View attachment 187920

Wisdom put us ahead just 5 minutes in with a man of the match performance but Sakho got an equalizer for them just after the break and they just about held on for the rest of the match.

League Table

View attachment 187919

Far too many draws from us recently, we are just about above Arsenal in the last guaranteed European place for now but Man City are now 2 points clear off us and have 2 games in hand.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187918

April 2018

Rudiger set to miss the last few weeks of the season

View attachment 187917

Leeds V Leicester

View attachment 187915

Kramaric opened the scoring for them but that was as good as it got for Leicester as our attacking trio of Moses, Barkley and Townsend all got good goals to seal another impressive win.

Leeds V Bournemouth

View attachment 187914

Another highscoring an impressive display from our attacking front trio and Balotelli even grabbed a goal in a 5-2 demolition of Bournemouth.

Rudy out for the rest of the season

View attachment 187913

West Brom V Leeds

View attachment 187912

Just a bit of another demolition! This time we rip West Brom apart 6-1 with Townsend netting a brace and Balotelli going one better with a Hattrick.

Chelsea Win the League for the 4th Time in a row

View attachment 187911

Leeds V Man City

View attachment 187910

We really should have beaten Man City! We were 2-0 up and 3-1 up before succumbing to a 3-3 draw, we really seem to fall apart against the bigger teams which is something we really need to change in the coming seasons if we want Champions League football.

League Table

View attachment 187908

Man City have fallen in recent wins unable to win their games in hand, they are now 4 points behind us with a game in hand meaning our fate is in our own hands and a win in our final game will guarantee us 5th place, we could still grab 4th but would need to win and see Tottenham lose.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187907

May 2018 - Part 1

Leeds V Derby

View attachment 187905

We were very lucky to even come away with a point from a Derby side who are mid table and had nothing to play for they came out fighting and almost had us if it wasnt for the individual brilliance of Ross Barkley

Balotelli out for 8 Weeks but the Season is over so i dont care!

View attachment 187902

League Table - Final Standings

View attachment 187901

So we finish the season flying high in 5th place after a perfect second season in the Premier League securing a place in the Europa League group stages and finishing above the likes of Arsenal and Man City.

Squad In Order of Most Apps

View attachment 187900

Top Goalscorer - Mario Balotelli - 30 Goals - An Incredible return with 30 goals in 34 games for us this season as my huge gamble pays off and we finally get a big goalscorer and let him loose, cover for him for next season is a must though.

View attachment 187899

Best Player - Ross Barkley - 21 goals and 7 assists including 20 of them in the league in a stellar season for the English superstar, it may turn out to be a curse for us that he did so well with both Manchester clubs now lurking.

View attachment 187896

Best Young Player - Lewis Cook - hes had a good end to the season after starting it injured, he had a long lay off and the side had changed a lot since he last played last January but he still managed 30 games with 2 goals and a couple of assists.

View attachment 187895

We get nearly £30Million for our 5th place finish

View attachment 187894

Ross Barkley Wins Footballer of the Year - A huge achievement for a player in a 5th place team

View attachment 187893

I Win Manager of the Year

View attachment 187893

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187892

May 2018 - Part 2

Andre Wisdom and Ross Barkley Make the Premier League Team of the Year

View attachment 187891

Leeds End of Season Awards

View attachment 187890

Ross Barkley wins a shed load more of awards winning the Fans Player of the Year, Signing of the Season and Young Player of the Year all at our awards evening but the main thing we need now is to keep him here next season

Season Review

View attachment 187889

Everyone was shocked with our 5th placed finish especially after we were predicted to struggle again this season, we only used 22 players the 17th highest out of the 20 teams in the league, Which may have been down to our poor cup runs exiting both cup competitions with a whimper.

We finally Purchase Elland Road

View attachment 187888

8 Leeds Players going to the World Cup including 6 with England

View attachment 187887

Chelsea finish a dominant season with a domestic Treble and look tough to ever topple

View attachment 187886

In an unlikely Champions League Final 4th placed Tottenham beat AC Milan on penalties

View attachment 187885

Unfortunately the board took out a near £100Million loan to buy the Stadium which we now have to start paying off

View attachment 187884

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187789

June 2018

Lewis Cook Finally gets his 1st England Cap

View attachment 187788

OH POO FART SHOOOT! Andre Wisdom has a rubbish release clause and Chelsea have just activated it

View attachment 187787

So after bringing in Wisdom for £2Million he moves on for nearly £13Million to Chelsea but i would have much rather have kept him. Its not looking good with some of the other players either with the likes of Taylor, Barkley, Byram and Horn all having bids for them and all getting mad when i turn them down!

View attachment 187786

Christian Benteke joins for £18Million, One of our main problems last season was no backup for Balotelli so Benteke joins from recently relegated Stoke after netting 22 league goals for them.

View attachment 187785

Christian Benteke - ST

View attachment 187784

Nathan Ake joins from Chelsea for just £9Million and is a very good young versatile player who can cover at left back and centre back.

View attachment 187782

Nathan Ake - DLC

View attachment 187781

Up next was an FM Legend in the form of Eder Balanta joining from Leicester for just £8Million

View attachment 187779

Eder Balanta - DLC

View attachment 187778

Arsenal top the Rich List again whilst we move up from 19th place to 16th in the rich list rankings

View attachment 187777

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187626

July 2018

Our big signing of the summer transfer window is Brazilian winger Bernard from Shakhtar for just under £20Million

View attachment 187625

Bernard - AMRLC

View attachment 187624

Deulofeu joins Southampton for a potential £16Million fee after falling down the pecking order and moaning about game time last season hes now 3rd choice in both the wing positions so i decided to cash in on him now.

View attachment 187623

Ross Barkley is now desperate to leave us and join Man City, Why do the computer teams offer such **** money?!? Barkley is my best player by far and just got voted the best player in the league and is valued at £28.5Million and Man City go and offer me £22Million?!? Like im seriously going to sell him for less than his value?!? £60Million and we can talk

View attachment 187622

In a surprise World Cup Final Croatia beat Switzerland in the Finals.

View attachment 187621

With Ake and Balanta joining the side in the Summer Lascelles decides to move on for £2.3Million after never making the first team even before these recent signings.

View attachment 187620

So the Bookies are predicting us to finish 7th this season but im hoping for Champions League football so a 4th or 3rd finish is the aim but at least getting Europa League football is a must, would also like to go on a proper cup run especially in Europe!

View attachment 187619

I have not got much of the budget left but it was around £50Million before i signed up the few players already this summer and all the board are asking is we avoid relegation!

View attachment 187618

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187470

August 2018

Starting 11 and Tactic for the New Season

View attachment 187469

We have got one of the toughest starts to a new season possible as we face Champions Chelsea first off then Champions League Winners Tottenham before going on to face Arsenal at the beginning of September

Chelsea V Leeds

View attachment 187468

Oscar gets the only goal of the game but it was mainly due to Timo Horn putting in a fine display between the sticks but we struggled to get anything going the other way.

Subotic Injured in the 1st game of the season and is out for 3 Months

View attachment 187467

Leeds V Tottenham

View attachment 187466

Tottenham's big summer signing Embolo nets a brace but it wasnt enough to get one over on us as our Summer Signing Bernard netted his own brace before Balotelli grabbed the winner from a penalty early in the second half.

Casper Sloth Leaves for just under £8Million to Germany

View attachment 187465

We were 3rd seeds in our group in the Europa League but i definitely think we can make the next round, Marseille will be tough to play but Braga and Goteborg are very winnable games.

View attachment 187464

Summer Transfer Window Round-Up

View attachment 187463

Yet again Arsenal are the big spenders but the best deal of the window has to be Liverpool picking up Gareth Bale for just over £40Million.

League Table

View attachment 187462

wow! what a great season last season mate and some massive transfers both in and out, you must have wanted to chuck the laptop onto moving traffic after the Wisdom mess up :P

wow! what a great season last season mate and some massive transfers both in and out, you must have wanted to chuck the laptop onto moving traffic after the Wisdom mess up :P
Thanks mate, right after the whole Wisdom debacle i gave several players new deals because of their rubbish release clauses

Leeds Utd

View attachment 187315

September 2018

Arsenal V Leeds

View attachment 187314

A terrible result against Arsenal made all the worse when you consider we went ahead 3 times in this match to only get pegged back each time before Arsenal went on to win the match after Balotelli missed a penalty.

Ross Barkley Injured On International Duty

View attachment 187313

Timo Horn out for a Month

View attachment 187312

Leeds V Leicester

View attachment 187311

Costil puts in a man of the match performance in the absents of injured Horn whilst Balotelli netted both of our goals to win the game 2-1.

Europa League
Goteborg V Leeds

View attachment 187310

A very comfortable win in my first European game as Leeds Boss with the likes of Benteke coming into the first team and scoring on his debut.

I Sign a 2 year contract extension

View attachment 187309

Bournemouth V Leeds

View attachment 187308

Bournemouth really should have won this game as they had way more chances than us but our finishing was much better with Moses and Balotelli getting the goals.

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd
Brighton V Leeds

View attachment 187307

Theres me talking about cup runs and this goes and happens in our first Domestic Cup match of the season, granted i made a few changes to the first team but i still expected to get something from this game not a last minute loss.

Ake injured in his 1st game for us

View attachment 187306

Leeds V Southampton

View attachment 187305

A very good win against Southampton with Balotelli netting a very early penalty before Lewis Cook grabbed the second, Benteke then came off the bench to make it 3-0 before Mane scored a very late consolation.

League Table

View attachment 187304

Back were we belong up in 4th place early on in the season and hoping to stay there, Balotelli is second in the race for the Golden Boot whilst Summer Signing Bernard is already topping the assists charts

Great finish last season and some great signings again. If you can get some points off of the 'top' teams then you are all set for automatic European qualification.

After reading through this I decided to give my own Leeds save a go. Currently 20 league games through the season an sitting top 3 points clear. Used a tactic playing Wood behind Doukara, and its worked a great with Doukara netting 24 in 19 games!

Congrats ! Please tell us about all your instructions in this tactic used un first season.

What team instructions are you using mate?
ill put it at the bottom of this post
Great finish last season and some great signings again. If you can get some points off of the 'top' teams then you are all set for automatic European qualification.
I know man we never seem to be able to beat the big boys, just looked through and we have never beaten any of the supposed big 4, Tottenham this season is probably the biggest team we have a win over!
Overall it was a good month but haha to the loss to Brighton :P
I knew you would like the look of that result
After reading through this I decided to give my own Leeds save a go. Currently 20 league games through the season an sitting top 3 points clear. Used a tactic playing Wood behind Doukara, and its worked a great with Doukara netting 24 in 19 games!
Doukara is a beast in the Championship! Leeds seem to be well too good in this years FM or they are seriously underachieving in real life!
Congrats ! Please tell us about all your instructions in this tactic used un first season.
Here you go mate they havent changed from the opening season

View attachment 187171

They're not as good as they are on the game but they should be doing better. I've played 35 games now an I'm 19 points clear. I think its mainly down to the fact that wolves in 2nd place have only won 17 of there 35. I've just come through January an let a few squad players go. To replace them I signed Lacina Traore, Ulloa and Maya Yoshida all on loan. I also have a quarter final vs west from to look forward to with the 2 biggest sides left in are playing each other.

Back