Loving the phone conversations, especially where Juan Carlos is involved...he just cannot be trusted to do his job properly!

August Preview

View attachment 284048

"Life at the top begins with an away trip to Hull before heading back to Loftus road to host Norwich. We have then drawn Bradford at home in the second round of the Capital One Cup before facing a daunting trip to The Etihad to round out the month.

I am aiming to bank 4 points from our first 3 league games & progress to the third round of the C1Cup, modest goals but realistic at least in my eyes."

View attachment 283714

View attachment 283711

Line-Ups

View attachment 283712

View attachment 283711

Hull 4 - Q.P.R. 2

Goals - Bendtner (14,21), Samaris (28), Davies (70), Aluko (79,87)

P.O.M. - Andreas Samaris (Hull)

View attachment 283711

View attachment 283708

View attachment 283711

"God ****, that was a tough initiation! Don't think I've ever seen 4 goals scored against the run of play like that & it wasn't like they were swift counters that caught us out of position either!

The game started quite well for us. We had control of it & in the 12th minute I thought we'd been gifted the lead when Cheryshev was hacked down in the box but the ref didn't blow the whistle! WTF man! That's as clear as they come!

To their credit the guys kept going & just 2 minutes later we had our lead after a surging run from Matias Kranevitter ended with a through ball to Adam Johnson who's shot could only be parried into the path of Niklas Bendtner to tap home unopposed. 1-0

Hull tried to hit straight back but a long spell of possession could not find a way through our well organised defence & eventually we wrestled control of the game back.

In the 24th minute Jack Robinson made a lung busting run before cracking the perfect cross onto the head of Bendtner to double his tally & our lead. We were looking good, this could be a cricket score!

7 minutes later though we were bought back down to earth when a poor Tom Ince cross landed at the feet of Nedum Onouha who proceeded to hit his clearance straight into the back of a team mate. The ball, of course, bobbled straight into the path of Andreas Samaris who left Leali with no chance. 2-1.

The rest of the half was a more even affair, we still had the better of things but we didn't look as dominate. At the half I told the guys to keep it up & reminded my defence that they had been unlucky to concede.

We began the second much like the first. Dominating play & creating plenty of chances. In the 57th minute Bendtner had his Hat trick ruled out for off side. I checked the replay. F#@K ME! He was on sir!!!

We kept pushing & created a number of chances & half chances but it was Hull who scored next when Curtis Davies headed home from a corner on one of their rare trips into our half. 2-2.

9 minutes later, after spell of dominance by ourselves, Hull got the ball forward to Sone Aluko. It was slow & predictable, our defence was in place, no real threat! Aluko then proceeded to smack the ball into the back of the net from what had to have been 35/40 yards, FML!!!!! 3-2 Hull.

From that point it was all out attack, we through every thing at them to try & rescue a draw but in the 87th they put the game beyond doubt with their only real chance of the match, catching us on the counter. GRRRRRR!!!!"

View attachment 283711

View attachment 283703

View attachment 283711

View attachment 283702

View attachment 283060

View attachment 283059

Line-ups

View attachment 283058

View attachment 283059

Q.P.R. 3 - Norwich 1

Goals - Johnson (17), Bendtner (38,pen), Marica (59), Kembo-Ekoko (86)

P.O.M. - Liam Rosenior (QPR)

View attachment 283059

View attachment 283056

View attachment 283059

"We jumped out to another early lead here but Norwich kept fighting & made it a nervy one.

In the 17th minute Denis Cheryshev beat his man on the outside & floated a cross to the far post for Adam Johnson to score on the volley. 1-0

For the next 20 minutes it was all one way traffic. Just as I was beginning to think we were going to go to the break with the slenderest of leads Sebastian Bassong bought down Cheryshev inside the box & Bendtner stepped up to score his 3rd goal in 2 matches & double our lead.

I warned the guys not to get complacent in the second half & they all seemed to gain focus.

Norwich switched formations at the half, coming out with a narrow 4-3-3 with 3 out & out strikers which was causing us problems at the back. I dropped Sandro deeper (in the first I'd pushed him higher up as they were only playing 1 striker & no CAM) but it wasn't enough & in the 59th Norwich pulled 1 back & I was getting that sinking feeling again.

To further combat their 3 strikers I immediately instructed my fullbacks to sit narrower which, along with Sandro reverting to his normal position, clogged up the centre of defence & neutralised the Norwich threat.

I seemed as though we would squeak home with a 1 goal advantage until a phenomenal Kembo-Ekoko run saw him beat at least 4 defenders before slotting the ball home past the keeper from a narrow angle. It really was a spectacular individual effort!"

View attachment 283059

View attachment 283054

View attachment 283059

View attachment 283053

Up to 7th on a table that is still very much in its infancy. Liverpool have started well, which I know will please a few people ;)

Congratulations on your first of many Premier League wins with QPR!!!!

Go Liverpool!!! :D

...and QPR I guess :p

Good win over Norwich, keep it up! :D

Q.P.R. Loan Lens

View attachment 282262

Queens Park Rangers have today announced that 28 year old Dutch international Jeremain Lens will join the club on loan from Dynamo Kyiv. The deal is believed to include a buyout fee in the region of 3.5M pounds which could prove to be a steal if the Dutchman can discover his best form.

Awesome signing. I've never included a buyout fee when I've loaned anyone, maybe I should

Awesome signing. I've never included a buyout fee when I've loaned anyone, maybe I should

Definitely worth a look. Sometimes can land yourself a real bargain, which i hope is the case here ;)

Good pickup mate. He should give you some options with his versatility.

View attachment 281903

23/8/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance: 15,460

Q.P.R. 2 - Bradford 0

Goals - Berntsen (27), Johnson (77)

P.O.M. - Adam Johnson (QPR)

View attachment 281896

View attachment 281893

View attachment 281896

"A pretty straight forward win to be honest.

We dominated the game from the kick off but credit to Bradford, they didn't make it easy. Most of the time they played with 10 men in & around the box, were well organised & hard to break down.

Berntsen's goal was a bit of a lucky one as a long shot from Diakite struck the post before bouncing off him into the goal. He knew absolutely nothing about it in truth!

Johnson's goal later on though was sublime. After cutting in from the right & dribbling past a couple of men he slotted it in off the far post, leaving the keeper stranded. Beautiful!

We did pick up a couple of knocks but I am pleased to report nothing serious"

View attachment 281896

View attachment 281887

View attachment 281896

View attachment 281886

DON'T SAY IT PATRICK! :p

So we will have to get past league leaders Liverpool if we are to meet minimum expectations. A tough ask but I don't think its beyond us.

DON'T SAY IT PATRICK! :p

So we will have to get past league leaders Liverpool if we are to meet minimum expectations. A tough ask but I don't think its beyond us.

Hahahahaha what shouldn't I say? :p
Go Liverpool? ;)