Congrats on the automatic promotion. The last few weeks were quite the rollercoaster ride for your team.

The Final Day

View attachment 285578

30/4/2016 Craven Cottage, Attendance - 25,700

Fulham 1 - Q.P.R. 1

Goals - Diakite (30), Kacaniklic (84)

P.O.M. - Diego Ifran (QPR)

View attachment 285577

View attachment 285575

View attachment 285577

"Noooooo!!!!!! :'(

When diego Ifran layed the ball off for Samba Diakite to smash in a long range effort from just outside the box, I received the message.

Q.P.R. move up to 1st!!!!

F@#K YEAH! C'mon Birmingham!!!!

We were controlling the match & looked good for the win. Around the hour mark I saw the message that Brentford had drawn level, I don't care as long as we hang on here we are champions!

In the 84th minute though our hearts were broken when a poor clearance from a Fulham cross fell to Nikola Kacaniklic to draw level. QPR drop to 2nd!!! GODAMMIT!!!

I threw everything at them guys! Tried everything I knew! Everything we had we left out on that pitch but at the final whistle the score remained 1-1 & from all reports Birmingham could not do us a favour. So close, yet so very far......"

View attachment 285577

View attachment 285571

View attachment 285515

Quite a healthy little war chest I've been given. After weeks of scouting & analysis in anticipation of our promtion here are my top 3 targets for our tilt at Premiership survival.

1. Islam Slimani.

Striker, Sporting Lisbon. Estimated cost 7-9M

View attachment 285514

The first thing I will need is a striker who can score consistently. I have little faith that any of my current options can provide me with this.

The Algerian international has been knocking them in at a rate of better than a goal in every other game for Sporting Lisbon & closer to 1 a match for his national side. Asssuming I can land him, I am likely to use up half my budget on this one signing but if he can produce similar results for us he will be worth it.

View attachment 285502

2. Mattias Kranevitter.

Midfielder, Riverplate. Estimated cost 5-7M

View attachment 285507

As solid as Samba Diakite has been for us in the Championship I am not convinced of his ability to be our first choice in the Premiership. I see Kranevitter as the perfect replacement in the starting 11.

Hopefully a work permit is not too hard to come by.

View attachment 285502

3. Andre Wisdom.

Centreback, Liverpool. Listed for 3M

View attachment 285505

The promising CB finds himself on the list at Anfield & here's hoping their loss can be our gain. Given his skill on the ball I see him as an ideal partner for Forren in the centre of defence.

Our defence is one area that really does need some improvement so hopefully we don't find ourselves in a battle for his signature.

Last edited:

Warnock Retires

View attachment 285446

In a shock announcement, whilst accepting the Championship manager of the year award, Brentford boss Niel Warnock has announced that he will retire from management effective immediately.

The news comes as a shock as Warnock's Brentford side had recently won promotion to the Premier League however it is thought that a horror end to the campaign, which saw them win only 2 of their last 10 games to hand Q.P.R. the title, is to be the catalyst for the decision.

Brentford will now be looking for a new manager to help them avoid an immediate drop back to the Championship.

Mate great job finishing in 1st! I haven't heard much about Slimani (yes I'm pretty new to this iteration of FM) I'll have to check him out.

Congratulations on the silverware. Extremely pleased for you. Lets hope QPR can hold there own in the Premiership.

View attachment 285305

So, two of our guys are rewarded with a place in the Championship team of the year.

Liam Rosenior was a rock at the back for us all year. Didn't get mentioned as often as some of the other guys but was consistently amongst our top performers.

Daniel Berntsen is a youngster on the rise. Put in some very impressive performances for us finishing the year with 13 goals & 11 assists. Cant wait to see how he handles the step up to the Premier League.

Slimy Slimani Agent Skittles

QPR Move

View attachment 285265

Newly promoted QPR's hopes of signing Algerian international striker Islam Slimani have been dealt a fatal blow as the strikers agent holds out for an astronomical fee.

It is believed the two parties had agreed personal terms & the move was all but finalised when the Lisbon star's agent demanded a fee thought to be in the region of 1.8M pounds for his role in the negotiations.

QPR Director of Football, Juan Carlos Valeron, & Manager, Manuel Pablo, have taken a stand against the money grubbing worm, refusing to pay the ridiculous fee, leaving the deal dead in the water.

QPR will now be exploring other options.

Off Season Update

Pre-Season Schedule

View attachment 285252

"I have decided to kick things off with a trip to Spain to play the two teams I spent my professional career playing for.

First up will be Las Palmas who were relegated from La Liga this year then a trip to Deportivo who surprised everyone by finishing 7th & booking a Europa League spot.

A return to England will follow with matches against Manchester United, former employee's Notts County & finally Blackpool.

We will then travel to Italy for tough games against Roma & A.C. Milan."

View attachment 285249

Transfers

"Its been a busy window, as expected. I have been mostly pleased with our dealings however the prolific striker I so wanted has thus far eluded me."

View attachment 285251

View attachment 285249

Matias Kranevitter

View attachment 285250

"Had some problems securing his work permit but it all worked out in the end. The screenie says I paid 7M but it was actually closer to 9M once I'd bought out his agents share, lets hope he's worth it!" :S

View attachment 285249

Andre Wisdom

View attachment 285248

"Pleased to land the young defender at, what I believe to be, a reasonable price. Will fight with Onouha & Willis for that right side starting spot to begin with but I hope he will be my undisputed first choice by seasons end."

View attachment 285249

Adam Johnson

View attachment 285247

"Very happy to pick Adam up on a free transfer. He will provide competition for Denis Cheryshev as well as be able to fill in on the right as an IF. A very handy pick up!"

View attachment 285249

The Rest

Wasn't sure about the 2 signings I made early on for this year, was expecting to still be in the Championship at the time so was a bit nervous when they finally joined.

Jires Kembo-Ekoko looks to be gold! Rated 4 stars by my staff he is, on paper, almost the perfect winger. Delighted to have got him for free! Silvio looks to be solid at best. Rated slightly better then Rosenior though he will be back up to begin with. Can also play on the left which will be handy as I couldn't get a work permit to extend the contract of Suk-Young.

Diego Ifran I thought did enough last year to warrant a contract once his Sociadad contract expired while Nick Powell is another free agent picked up as cover for the midfield. Hopefully he can develop a bit & become a regular for us.

View attachment 285249

View attachment 285245

"For the most part our departures have been guys that were not up to standard. As I said I tried to extend the contract of Suk-Young but was refused a work permit. Will Keane went to Preston on a free as I had no use for him in the EPL & the signing of Kembo-Ekoko & Johnson left me with the tough decision to sell off Jose Antonio Reyes.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with either Jeremain Lens or Jhon Cordoba?

Looks like a loan is going to be my best play to land a decent striker & these are the 2 best I can find. Lens would be a lot cheaper & seems to fit my system better but Cordoba is rated slightly better.

Am leaning towards Lens but have never used either of them before.

Pre Season

Results

View attachment 284898

Meh, about sums it up. Started off well with a 6-0 demolition of Las Palmas. Unlucky to only draw against Euro bound Deportivo & to lose to United on penalties.

Should have been more dominant against Notts & Crawley but a wins are wins I suppose. The 5-0 thrashing of Blackpool was more like it but I'm not too sure about the narrow loses in Italy.

Roma & Milan are big(ish) clubs, I know, but given the chances we created I think we should have at least got a draw out of them. Oh, well. Early days.

Tactics

Have settled on the 3 tactics I will be training for the year. Haven't covered tactics too much so far so here they are...

View attachment 284881 View attachment 284879 View attachment 284878

The first 2 should be fairly familiar to any one that has followed my stories this year. The 3rd was inspired by an article I found in this very helpful thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...911-ask-uncle-mad-uncle-mads-box-choccys.html.

Given my inability to land that quality striker I had wanted I thought, instead of gambling on someone I'm not sure about why not give striker less a go? I was very encouraged after my first use of it (5-0 over Blackpool) but will admit that it still needs some tweaking after our trip to Italy.

I may still bring in another striker (most likely Jeremain Lens) or I may save my 6M until January & try to land a mid season bargain still not 100% on that. Will see how we start the year.

Odds

View attachment 284864

Well the bookies don't rate us in the slightest! I am somewhat more hopeful. I think we have a solid squad. Do I expect us to be in Europe? God no! but I think a mid table finish is not beyond us, though I have not told the board as much just in case ;)

View attachment 284861

Last edited:
Nice ones mate. I think Manuel and QPR will surprise a few teams this season.

Manuel's Mobile

View attachment 284785

"Juan Carlos?"

"Yes Manuel, how are you my friend?"

"A little perplexed JC"

"Oh, why's that?"

"Well Juan Carlos, I just came from our pre-season staff meeting"

"Yes Manuel, and?"

"The room was quite crowded Juan Carlos. A lot of faces I didn't recognise."

"Oh, that would be your new staff Manuel! Coaches, scouts etc. just like you asked!"

"An introduction would of been nice JC!"

"Oh Manuel, you're too modest! They all know who you are, you're a Deportivo Legend!"

"YES JUAN CARLOS BUT I DO NOT KNOW THEM!!! At one point I thought the janitor was giving me training advice!"

"........Well the janitor is quite knowledgeable, did you know he used to play for Shrewsbury?"

"GOD DAMMIT JUAN CARLOS!!!"

Click...

Last edited:
Brilliant finish to the season to sneak the 1st spot! Manuels mobile cracks me right up! Look forward to the season ahead!

Last edited:
Just caught up. This is amazing. Can't wait for next updates...

Love that last phone conversation hahaha, brilliant read as always mate! Keep going :)