View attachment 281724

View attachment 281722

View attachment 281723

Man City 4 - Q.P.R. 1

Goals - Bony (26, 29, 77), Tevez (33), Kranevitter (48)

P.O.M. - Wilfried Bony (Man City)

View attachment 281723

View attachment 281721

View attachment 281723

"Its not as bad as it looks folks!

City started the game on fire! For the first half hour we couldn't get a foot on the ball. Deft 1-2's through the middle, pin point switches of play, flick ons, step overs, they had it all & obviously we couldn't hold them out. I don't think any team would have! Sometimes you just have to sit back & enjoy the show as best you can.

3-0 down at half time I told the boys there was no pressure with the game set the way it was & sent them out to attack!

When Kranevitter scores after just 3 minutes City were looking shaky.

We dominated the game for the next 25 or so but just couldn't break through. The game could have been very different if we'd got that 2nd!

Instead City hit us on the break & Bony got his hat trick. Oh well, saving anything from this after that first half hour was always going to be a long shot. Moving on..."

View attachment 281723

View attachment 281713

View attachment 281723

View attachment 281709

Last edited:
Tough game against City, can't expect to win there
Keep up the good work! :D

Scholes looks like he would be a handy coach if his stats are anything like they are in my game.

Q.P.R. Bound For Egypt

View attachment 281131

Q.P.R. chairman, Tony Fernandes, has today announced the side will travel to the land of the Pharaoh's to play a one off game against Egyptian side ENPPI during the upcoming international break.

The game will be played at the Petro Sport Stadium on the 2nd of September.

Interesting concept - I've never thought of doing friendlies in the International weeks. Does it help build stature/fan base?

Interesting concept - I've never thought of doing friendlies in the International weeks. Does it help build stature/fan base?

Im not 100% mate, i would hope so. Just gives me the opportunity to give some fringe players a run & keep some fitness in the guys legs tbh.

If it doesn't then it should. If not, then that would be a nice idea for future FM games. When I was in Thailand, they were crazy for Man Utd and Liverpool. Every time an English club played in Thailand they flocked to the grounds.

If it doesn't then it should. If not, then that would be a nice idea for future FM games. When I was in Thailand, they were crazy for Man Utd and Liverpool. Every time an English club played in Thailand they flocked to the grounds.

Agreed! Liverpool fill out stadiums in Australia and everything! Could Q.P.R fill out a stadium in Egypt? Only because Juan Carlos promoted it enough, GOOD OLD JUAN!

Agreed! Liverpool fill out stadiums in Australia and everything! Could Q.P.R fill out a stadium in Egypt? Only because Juan Carlos promoted it enough, GOOD OLD JUAN!

Afraid it'd be just us & the crickets if JC was promoting it! ;)

View attachment 280784 Manuel's Musings, August 2016

"It was a tough start to life in the Premier League. I had wanted to bank 4 points from our first 3 EPL games but unfortunately we only managed 3. On top of that we conceded 4 goals twice in those 3 games!

The loss to Hull was particularly disappointing as we were the better team yet not only threw away a 2 goal lead but managed to ship 4 goals almost completely against the run of play.

On the upside, we were at least competitive in all 3 games & definitely don't look out of place up here. If we can tighten up our defence I'm sure we will pick up plenty of points."

View attachment 280782

View attachment 280783

I am also pleased to announce that, after an extensive conversion with the board, we have began to search for an overseas affiliate.

View attachment 280781

Hopefully this will not only help grow the Q.P.R. brand abroad but also help us to get work permits in the future.

View attachment 280783

September Preview

View attachment 280780

"September brings us a run of 3 straight games at home. First up is bottom of the table Stoke. If we don't get 3 points in that one it could be a very lean month!

Even at home Tottenham will be a tough proposition. Would be over the moon to get a point out of that one, ditto for Everton at Goodison.

Anymore then 3 points in September & I'll be happy, any less & we could find ourselves in real trouble.

I also expect we will be out of the C1C at months end. Though stranger things have happened so I am not without hope."

View attachment 280783

Also, don't forget to check out my good friend Jamie Carragher's management career. Its an epic journey!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/182486-jamie-carragher-managers-story.html

All square again mate ;)

Last edited:

Friendly Result

ENPPI 0 - Q.P.R. 3

View attachment 280768

Not going into much detail for this. Started with a few fringe players & youngsters just to get a look at them & they all did quite well. Powell & Petrasso in particular stood out but defenders Max Ehmer & (Regen) Anthony Fowler were also solid.

Both Andre Wisdom & Jeremain Lens made their returns from injury off the bench. Hopefully they can be close to fitness for our next game against Stoke.

View attachment 280764

View attachment 280762

In my haste to get Wisdom & Lens ready for our all important match against Stoke I made the pair available for the U21's. Big mistake!

Unfortunately it appears Lens is going to be quite injury prone. Injured himself in his first training session at the club & now has gone & twisted his ankle. FML!