View attachment 287576

15/3/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance - 11,570

Q.P.R. 1 - Preston 0

Goals - Ifran (88)

P.O.M. - Yun Suk-Young (QPR)

View attachment 287570

View attachment 287569

View attachment 287570

"God **** this game was tense! An absolute knock down, drag out midfield battle with plenty of hard challenges, plenty of cards & very few attempts on goal.

For the vast majority of the game my only thought was "How are we going to lose this?"

Diaby got injured perhaps we'd miss him too much & give the game away? Every card was going to against us, surely we will pick up a red here soon & get over run? Oh no! Anything but a soft goal from a set piece or a ridiculous own goal!

In the end my pessimism was undeserved as once again Yun Suk-Young saved our bacon with an exquisite cross onto the head of Diego Ifran after another over lapping run.

We left it late but another 3 points in the bag & one step closer to the heart attack that kills me."

View attachment 287570

View attachment 287563

View attachment 287570

View attachment 287564

Another win see's us maintain 2nd position. Blackburn are fading but Huddersfield just will not go away. Getting nervier by the game.

This is getting exciting. Looking forward to how the season will turn out.

As a Huddersfield fan i'm torn between who I want for promotion. Who has been doing well for them and who are the useful additions to their squad (if you don't mind looking).

As a Huddersfield fan i'm torn between who I want for promotion. Who has been doing well for them and who are the useful additions to their squad (if you don't mind looking).

They have 3 big loan signings from Man U who have all played well Jesse Lingard, Nick Powell & James Wilson but its Nahki Wells who is leading the way & the looks as though he might take home the top goal-scorer award. Alex Smithies has also done well in goal keeping an average rating of over 7.

Sorry no screenies, have gotten too far ahead :S

View attachment 287027

18/3/2016 The Valley, Attendance - 21,848

Charlton 1 - Q.P.R. 1

Goals - Jackson (59,pen), Ifran (74)

P.O.M. - Yun Suk-Young (QPR)

View attachment 287026

View attachment 287025

View attachment 287026

"Another extremely tight match with plenty fouls, cards & injuries (thankfully none ours).

The first half was super aggressive with both sides getting stuck in in an attempt to win the midfield. Real chances were few & far between & two of their players had to leave the field injured.

The second half started much the same way with challenges flying in from all angles.

Just before the hour mark that the game changed dramatically when our captain Sandro gave away, what in the context of the rest of the game can only be described as, a soft penalty. Johnnie Jackson stepped up to the spot to give Charlton the lead.

From that moment Charlton withdrew from the battle in the middle & looked content to defend their lead. We enjoyed almost total domination of possession but I was struggling to see how we were going to break them down.

In the 74th minute Suk-Young once again found the way through, once again measuring the perfect cross from the left to again find Diego Ifran. 1-1.

Charlton came back into the game after that & there were far more fouls & cards in the closing minutes then chances to win the game."

View attachment 287026

View attachment 287017

View attachment 287026

View attachment 287015

Huddersfield finally slip up however we could only manage a draw so we could still lose the spot with a bad result against the leaders.

Brentford have guaranteed themselves a playoff spot & with a 9 point lead with 6 games to go could all but secure the title with a win over us our next game.

It's looking good. Hope your guys can see the next 6 games through and get you into the Premiership.

It's looking good. Hope your guys can see the next 6 games through and get you into the Premiership.

Lets hope so mate, we haven't been playing great but still getting results. The Brentford match could be huge!

Hey mate how is Diakite going? I'll be getting him back next season in my story. His stats seem to suggest he'd be ok as a rotation/depth option as a CM/DM. Can he do the job in the Prem? Looking good though otherwise!

Hey mate how is Diakite going? I'll be getting him back next season in my story. His stats seem to suggest he'd be ok as a rotation/depth option as a CM/DM. Can he do the job in the Prem? Looking good though otherwise!

Forgot to quote you! Lol

He has been very good for me mate. Not spectacular but does an important job. Not sure he is first choice material at PL level but definitely a decent back up/rotation option.

Last edited:
Forgot to quote you! Lol

He has been very good for me mate. Not spectacular but does an important job. Not sure he is first choice material at PL level but definitely a decent back up/rotation option.

Cheers - I envisage him backing up Sandro so he doesn't have amazing but it sounds like he'll be perfect for the role I'm thinking.

View attachment 286614

2/4/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance 19,200

Q.P.R. 1 - Brentford 0

Goals - Cheryshev (76)

P.O.M. - Denis Cheryshev (QPR)

View attachment 286609

View attachment 286608

View attachment 286609

"One of the strangest games I have ever been involved in.

1st vs 2nd but you wouldn't have known just by watching. From kick off to the final whistle Brentford were happy to sit back & rarely, if at all, challenged us. It was unbelievable!

Even after Denis Cheryshev finally put us in the lead with 15 minutes to go they didn't try anything! Their play was slow, predictable & easily dealt with.

There was no desperation in their game at all!

Despite the fact that it took 76 minutes to get the goal I never doubted we would get it. They were just so lethargic! If they cant get themselves up for this game there is something seriously wrong!

Just bizarre, the stats don't tell the whole story on this one."

View attachment 286609

View attachment 286604

View attachment 286609

View attachment 286602

So our easy win against the table topper's see's us hold on to second spot. Huddersfield are still there 2 points behind just waiting for us to slip up while Brentford's lead at the top is now down to 6 points with 5 games to go.

1 step closer, really enjoying this intense battle to the end.

View attachment 286519

9/4/2016 Brisbane Road, Attendance 8,770

Leyton Orient 0 - Q.P.R. 2

Goals - Berntsen (56,89)

P.O.M. - Daniel Berntsen (QPR)

View attachment 286518

View attachment 286517

View attachment 286518

"An easy win as expected against the relegation candidates.

We dominated play from the off but it took a second half brace from Daniel Berntsen to secure the points.

Daniel's first goal was an absolute beauty. He received the ball on the right hand corner of the box, beat his man on the outside before cutting back into the centre between 2 defenders & buried the shot in the far corner!

The second was just a case of running into space & letting Daryl Murphy measure a pass. Not as spectacular but a good team goal.

For me the main point of interest in this game is the number of fouls we committed. I have noticed a bit of a trend in this respect lately & it is beginning to concern me. I like my guys to go in hard when challenging but 20 fouls is a tad excessive."

View attachment 286518

View attachment 286516

View attachment 286518

View attachment 286515

That win guarantee's us a playoff birth. Brentford lose again, this time to 3rd placed Huddersfield which has really compressed the top 3. 5 points now separate 1st from 3rd!

It appears Brentford are falling apart at the worst possible time which has given us a sniff at the title! Huddersfield though are still going strong & there is a very fine line between Champions & the dreaded playoffs. 4 games to go.

Good stuff mate!! Hope Manuel can coax a few more performances out of the boys and get you guys back up in the prem!!!

Really impressive story, I love this and Get it India, still hoping that one returns!! But not at the expense of Manuel's Musings, very entertaining :D

View attachment 285949

Q.P.R. 1 - Swindon 0

Goals - Ifran (37)

P.O.M. - Nicola Leali (QPR)

View attachment 285948

View attachment 285947

View attachment 285948

"Another win, Another **** load of fouls

We always had control of this game but could only manage the one goal which made it a lot nervier then it had to be. Especially given our constant fouling & string of yellow cards!

Diego Ifran got us our goal with a real poachers effort after a Berntsen shot was saved by the Swindon keeper only to land at the feet of the Uruguayan to tap home unopposed.

I was hoping for the flood gates to open after that but unfortunately we again did things the hard way. A one goal lead is always stressful & Swindon definitely had there chances to get back into it. Luckily we held on to grab all 3 points & continue our strong finish to the season."

View attachment 285948

View attachment 285945

View attachment 285948

View attachment 285943

Brentford finally return to the winners circle to maintain their 3 point cushion while Huddersfield also win to book their spot in the playoffs (at least) & keep the pressure on us in the race for second.

As you were really.

View attachment 285930

16/4/2016 Stadium of Light, Attendance - 27,177

Sunderland 2 - Q.P.R. 3

Goals - Berntsen (16, 30, 61), Wickham (77), Bowery (79)

P.O.M. - Daniel Berntsen (QPR)

View attachment 285925

View attachment 285923

View attachment 285925

"Holy ****, this one went from comfortable to stressful in a heart beat.

A Berntsen brace inside half an hour had us cruising, & when the youngster added his third just after the hour mark it looked as though we had another victory in the bag.

Sunderland are a strong side though & when Connor Wickham got their first in the 77th they grew another leg.

Just 2 minutes later they scored again through Jordan Bowery & all of a sudden our lead was down to one & we were shell shocked!

Sunderland dominated us for that final 10 or so minutes. I couldn't see how we were going to hold them out! They had us pinned constantly! Time was dragging on, was this game ever going to end? It was just chance, after chance, after chance! Defoe had a shocker!

When the final whistle finally blew my heart was going a mile a minute, we'd held on! Just!"

View attachment 285925

View attachment 285907

View attachment 285925

View attachment 285906

**** just got interesting!!!

Hudderfield finally lose to give us some breathing room in the race for Auto promotion while Brentford stumble to a draw which cuts there lead at the top to a measly 1 point with 2 games to go.

A win in our next game & we are guaranteed promotion!

View attachment 285589

22/4/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance - 13,852

Q.P.R. 1 - Bournemouth 0

Goals - Elliot Ward (44,OG)

P.O.M. - Stuart O'Keefe (B'Mouth)

View attachment 285587

View attachment 285585

View attachment 285587

"Premier League here we come, but am I ready?

Another game where we committed way too many fouls, gave away possession & couldn't take our chances when they come.

Despite almost complete domination as far as shots are concerned, it took an Elliot Ward own goal just before the break to get us over the line.

On the plus side our defense (along with our more defensive minded midfielders) held up well despite, once again, being put under added pressure by a misfiring attack. Again the nerves are slightly jangled but we take the 3 points & can look onwards & upwards to better things!"

View attachment 285587

View attachment 285582

View attachment 285587

View attachment 285581

So both ourselves & Brentford secure promotion.

The title is still a possibility but we need Brentford to do us a favour & that's assuming we can beat Fulham away from home in our final match. Not an easy ask.

Then again, Brentford will be at home to Birmingham who are quite capable of causing an upset themselves so you never know.

Whatever happens on the final day, its good to be able to start planning for life at the top!