Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
Do you have any potential midfield targets, besides Hughes?

Just out of curiosity
*cough* Baselli *cough*

Ha,ha, will look into it. Could sign Finbogasson for 1.6M but havent because you have him lol I'm a bit strange like that. Same with Hughes, Yeti has him so might look at someone else ;)

Ha,ha, will look into it. Could sign Finbogasson for 1.6M but havent because you have him lol I'm a bit strange like that. Same with Hughes, Yeti has him so might look at someone else ;)

To be honest, I'd prefer if you sign someone else (than Baselli). Gives me even more of a reason to follow the story. :)

View attachment 278881

View attachment 278879

Everton 0 - Q.P.R. 0

Goals - N/A

P.O.M. - Radja Nainggolan (Everton)

View attachment 278877

"After setting out to attack against both Tottenham & Liverpool I decided discretion would be the better part of valour for our trip to Goodison.

I sent the boys out to frustrate them, control possession & hopefully get a goal on the break or from a set piece.

2 out of 3 is not bad I suppose as we managed to sneak another point from tough opposition.

The game itself was just about as boring as the score-line indicates. Neither side really created any clear chances though there were still plenty of half chances & missed opportunities. A bore draw if ever there were one but another point in the bag & a good one at that."

View attachment 278863

View attachment 278862

12th place after 6 matches, though we could slip as far as 14th depending on results elsewhere. Not a horrible start but not great either. At least we are staying clear of the fight for relegation & that's all that matters for now.

View attachment 278663 Manuel's Musings - September

"In all a good month for us. We ended up going unbeaten in the league & banking 5 points.

A hard fought win against Stoke was backed up by draws against Tottenham & Everton.

As expected we crashed out of the Capital One Cup at the hands of Liverpool. The loss itself was not as disappointing as the performance as we shipped 3 goals & failed to pose any real threat ourselves.

My main concern at the moment is our apparent impotence in front of goal. It is now 3 games since we last found the back of the net.In fact, in all 4 games this month we only managed to score one goal"

View attachment 278671

October Preview

View attachment 278665

"Looking at our schedule for October I believe we should be aiming for at least 7 points.

We start by hosting relegation candidates Reading, which is a must win if we are to stay clear of the dog fight at the bottom. Newcastle at home & Southampton away are tougher propositions but not beyond us if we play well & our final match for the month is an away game against Crystal Palace, who joined us in promotion last year & will be desperate to avoid the drop just as much as we are."

Last edited:

View attachment 278141

View attachment 278140

Q.P.R. 4 - Reading 0

Goals - Bendtner (17, 44), Johnson (50), Kembo-Ekoko (59)

P.O.M. - Nicklas Bendtner (QPR)

View attachment 278135

"OMG, a striker scores!!! What are the odds of that?

Nicklas Bendtner ended his goal draught after just 17 minutes here when Jires Kembo-Ekoko beat his man on the flank, dribbled to the edge of the box & dinked a little chip/cross onto the Dane's head to open the scoring.

Just before the half "Lord Bendtner" added his second when some nice ball movement through the middle found him in just enough space to get a shot off which left Federici with no chance & found the top right corner of the net. 2-0 at the break.

I told the guys to maintain focus as we all know a 2 goal lead can be quite dangerous.

The 2nd half was more of the same as our wingers took turns assisting one another for our next 2 goals. First Kembo-Ekoko got his 2nd assist of the game when he whipped an early cross to the back post for Johnson to tap in before Johnson returned the favour 9 minutes later by hanging his cross up for the late arrival of Embo-Ekoko to put the game beyond doubt. An easy win in the end."

View attachment 278138

View attachment 278137

Up to 8th position, its been a good start to the year for us!

BTW, in case you haven't noticed I forgot to screen shot the pre match line ups so I hope you all enjoy Mattias Kranevitter getting a bit optimistic with a long range shot at goal!

See You in **** Sandro!

View attachment 278094

View attachment 278090

View attachment 278091

So in the end I decided to get what I could for Sandro. 5M is not a lot for a guy of his quality but its better then losing him for free in 6 months time.

As you can see he was a nutter to the end. Pleads to be allowed to leave then gets all offended when we sell him!

What an idiot!

Don't let the door hit you in the **** on your way out!

After a lot of scouting & discussions with my staff I have identified a few possible replacements for him. Here are my top 3.

Terence Kongolo

View attachment 278081

Naturally a centre back but I believe his future may be at DM. Would be an excellent signing should I be able to afford him.

Riechedly Bazoer

View attachment 278080

Another young Dutchman with a lot of talent. Perhaps not ready for the first team straight away but he has a tremendous upside!

Recio

View attachment 278079

Recio is probably my last resort but the only one I know I can afford. He has been performing well for Malaga in La Liga & is in his prime. Definitely worth thinking about.

View attachment 278036

View attachment 278035

Q.P.R. 3 - Newcastle 2

Goals - Kembo-Ekoko (18), Lulic (37), Ferreyra (55), Berntsen (57), Lens (69)

P.O.M. - Jires Kembo-Ekoko (QPR)

View attachment 278034

"Another game to get the heart racing

Kembo-Ekoko gave us the lead after a perfect through ball from Kranevitter put him 1 on 1 with the keeper.

We controlled the game & were looking good for a lead at half time until a poor back pass from Vegrad Forren was pounced on by Senad Lulic who placed the ball beyond the reach of Nicola Leali to draw Newcastle level.

At the half I told the guys to keep working hard, the result would come!

10 minutes into the half though we were behind after a Newcastle Corner wasn't cleared properly. The ball eventually fell to the feet of half time substitute Facundo Ferreyra who beat Leali at his near post. Could Nicola have done a little better there?

The Toon's lead was short lived though as Daniel Berntsen dribbled his way into the box, was hacked down, awarded a penalty & stepped up himself to level the game again. Very cool stuff from the young Norwegian.

The hero of the game for us proved to be Dutch striker Jeremain Lens. Coming off the bench to make his debut for the club he was nowhere near fit but when the ball came into his feet on the edge of the area the Dutchmans first touch turned his man, his second buried the ball into the far corner. A brilliant finish & hopefully a sign of things to come assuming he can stay fit."

View attachment 278032

View attachment 278031

Last edited:
Nice ones! Manuel seems to have QPR moving in the right direction!

Manuel's Mobile

View attachment 278030

"HELLO"

"Hello, JC?"

HELLO?"

"YES JC, ITS MANUEL! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE MUSIC!"

"WHAT? WHO'S IS IT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE MUSIC!"

"MANUEL, JUAN CARLOS! ITS MANUEL!"

"OH, HEY MATE. JUST LET ME STEP OUTSIDE!

Ok, how's that? better?"

"Much better, where the **** are you?"

"At the office Manuel, where else?"

"Ah, Your office is right next to mine JC, I know you are not there!"

"No, no, Manuel my other office."

"You have two?"

"Ahh..."

"Hey JC, get back in here! You've gotta see the Knockers on this bird!"

"Who was that?"

"Just Scholsey mate, kinda in the middle of a meeting here."

"Aww mate this one's right fit! Get off the phone & get back in here ya poof!"

"Are you at a strip club Juan Carlos? Its 11am!"

"Firstly Manuel, its a gentleman's club & secondly, they do an awesome all you can eat buffet lunch!"

"Really JC?....Christ! I wanted you to meet with an agent for me mate, I'm on the verge of a big signing here!"

"No worries Manuel, send him on over. I use this place for all my important meetings, its very professional! I gotta go mate something important just popped up! Hahaha"

.....Click

View attachment 277999

View attachment 277998

Southampton 1 - Q.P.R. 1

Goals - Johnson (37), Sow (69)

P.O.M. - Nathaniel Clyne (Sthptn)

View attachment 277997

Now, in the interest of full disclosure I must let you all know that after I'd finished this game FM encountered an "unexpected error" & was closed on me. Luckily I had saved the game pre match & it loaded fine.

However, rather then play the game again I just simmed it a few times until I got the same result.

Whether that's considered cheating I don't know but Manuel's match description will be of the game I saw not the result that's showing in the stats. The only SS from the original match is the Line ups.

"As soon as this match started I realised I'd made a tactical error.

Narrowing my fullbacks & making sure Sandro sat nice & deep was enough to neutralise their 3 strikers but it left 2 on 3 in the centre of midfield & ensured we were under almost constant pressure & struggled to get on the ball.

Not wanting to make an early sub & lacking the versatility to switch things up without doing so, I went defensive.

It looked like we would make it to the break at 0-0 but in extra time Southampton made their dominance pay & took the lead.

At the half the stats did not make for good reading. Saints had 68% possession & 14 shots to 3!

I made a couple of changes, switching out Johnson & Kembo-Ekoko in favour of Lens & Powell, switched to my narrow 4-1-3-1-1 & changed the CAM into a second striker. Keep going boys, we can still win this!

My changes worked a treat as we went on to dominate the 2nd half. Bendtner drew us level & tbh we were desperately unlucky not to go on & win it. By the end we had actually edged possession 51% & all but equalled their shots on goal. A very impressive 2nd half that is now lost to the ages!"

View attachment 277988

View attachment 277987

Back